Colts' LB Darius (Shaq) Leonard released

CCBoy

Reaction score
I never argued the Cowboys were a well run orgainzation. Its quite clear they aren't when you haven't sniffed a conference championship game in 28 years.

Your Micah point didn't go over my head you are wrong. Yes they preferred Horn and Surtain but they drafted Micah because he was high on their board too. And to be honest none of those guys were the wrong pick. I know Horn has been hurt but talent wise all 3 are top shelf. I can go down a list of screw ups the Eagles have made. Most of them happen in the 1st round. Multiple 1st round picks for Carson Wentz, Nelson Agoholor, Andre Dillard, Jalen Reagor, Derek Barnett, Marcus Smith......TERRIBLE.

Where did I say I was jealous? Why would I be jealous I lived and saw 3 SB's...why would I be jealous of 1 ring? Make it make sense? You sure seem heavily invested in the Eagles CTcowboy203....interesting....
That's not exactly fair...a fumbled winning field goal snap the last few seconds. As well as two last second field goals by Green bay with a ref robbery of a TD...the team has been there to challenge alright!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's not exactly fair...a fumbled winning field goal snap the last few seconds. As well as two last second field goals by Green bay with a ref robbery of a TD...the team has been there to challenge alright!
They have been but it's always something. Seems like it anyway.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
I'm talking about the Eagles. Y'all can deflect all y'all want. Howie has some great traits but he's had some misses. No one talks about the Golden Tate trade. Or drafting Artega Whiteside over DK Metcalf....or Reagor over Justin Jefferson.....thank goodness they drafted Devonta Smith to stop this trainwreck but then they drafted him and passed up Micah....had they drafted Jefferson they wouldn't have had to pass up Micah....but all hail Howie....
Again, no one is deflecting anything. I'm saying every single GM from the worst to the very best swing and missed at times. The Eagles wouldn't have drafted Parsons because most thought he was just a LBer and not an all world HOF type pass rusher. Howie did miss on so many WRers and CB's so he went the sure route instead via FA.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Again, no one is deflecting anything. I'm saying every single GM from the worst to the very best swing and missed at times. The Eagles wouldn't have drafted Parsons because most thought he was just a LBer and not an all world HOF type pass rusher. Howie did miss on so many WRers and CB's so he went the sure route instead via FA.
Yeah but every single GM isn’t considered the best….who would the Eagles had drafted? I’d they had Jefferson and Brown who would they have got? Sewell? Hell that’s great too lol

Mr_437

Reaction score
After careful consideration, I'd like for Leonard to come in and help speed up Damone Clark's learning curve. However, Clark had a good game vs WAS...he needs to be consistent.

Leonard could help add more playmaking from the LB group, so I'd like to see DL sign to play for Dallas but I'm sweating it.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Word on the street is the injury affected his lateral agility and it's made him a liability in coverage. That's fine as long as he's OK with being a situational run-stopper. Bringing him in makes sense. If he improves as the season progresses, high end, we add a very good linebacker to a scary defense. Low end, we're looking at a guy in football shape that can help defend the run down the stretch. This is a move that we should make.

_sturt_

Reaction score
I'm content that between DQ and McClay, an informed, rational decision is going to get made here.

If we sign Leonard, I'll believe they've genuinely concluded he can help us.

And/but if we don't, same holds true... they've genuinely concluded he probably can't improve on what we've got.

Theoretically, the possibility hangs out there that the football people want him, but the check writers aren't valuing him like the football people. I'm just not persuaded that that would happen. Jerry's not got many years left, and if Will tells him there's value there, I don't see money being an obstacle.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Word on the street is the injury affected his lateral agility and it's made him a liability in coverage. That's fine as long as he's OK with being a situational run-stopper. Bringing him in makes sense. If he improves as the season progresses, high end, we add a very good linebacker to a scary defense. Low end, we're looking at a guy in football shape that can help defend the run down the stretch. This is a move that we should make.
He doesn’t look like the same player. Would rather poach a young athletic Lber from someone’s PS that has a ceiling for depth.

Leonard is just a name at this point

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I mean we don’t need word on the street there’s film of him out there. And the film I’ve seen doesn’t seem to be physical limitations…..we aren’t looking for a savior just for someone to improve this team and I think he can do it on and off the field.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He doesn’t look like the same player. Would rather poach a young athletic Lber from someone’s PS that has a ceiling for depth.

Leonard is just a name at this point
We have young linebackers. We don’t have ex All Pros in that group though and I don’t see a issue in adding that to the locker room.