Colts' LB Darius (Shaq) Leonard released

Wangchung83

Reaction score
He’s slower than all get out after his injuries. He literally struggled to catch derrick henry a few weeks back. Nobody is going to claim him nor should they as he was beat out by undrafted free agents who have outplayed him. Maybe we should just call Ray Lewis, urlacher, etc bc they were all good at one time. The guy has nothing left unfortunately bc Indy screwed up another back/neck again

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
He doesn’t look like the same player. Would rather poach a young athletic Lber from someone’s PS that has a ceiling for depth.

Leonard is just a name at this point
Who does look themselves after basically 2 years of down time? Players thrive under Q. That fact alone leads me to want to see what he has. It isn't about filling out a roster. We need guys that can contribute, and if this guy has anything left, Quinn will get it out of him.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
He’s slower than all get out after his injuries. He literally struggled to catch derrick henry a few weeks back. Nobody is going to claim him nor should they as he was beat out by undrafted free agents who have outplayed him. Maybe we should just call Ray Lewis, urlacher, etc bc they were all good at one time. The guy has nothing left unfortunately bc Indy screwed up another back/neck again
Derrick Henry is fast though lol. How many people run him down that aren't cornerbacks?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Who does look themselves after basically 2 years of down time? Players thrive under Q. That fact alone leads me to want to see what he has. It isn't about filling out a roster. We need guys that can contribute, and if this guy has anything left, Quinn will get it out of him.
The Cowboys don't need him to be what he was 2 years ago.

He will benefit from DQ like you said, as well as the fact teams will be avoiding DaRon Bland and gameplanning for Micah. If Hankins and Mazi can keep him clean (keep OL from getting to the second level), he should find himself in good positions to free flow to the ball. If he can't play, he will get exposed, and it cost the Cowboys very little to find this out.

Damone Clark will benefit from him too. He should learn from him, and be incredibly motivated to make plays in decreased reps.

Almost never has a championship team, in any sport, had the mantra of "we're good enough". Teams should be activeley getting better and you can't do that with narrow-minded thinking.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Yeah.. Even if we were to sign him I’m not as optimistic as some that he’s going to have any real impact. The depth at the position is thin so I guess it couldn’t hurt.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
Yeah but every single GM isn’t considered the best….who would the Eagles had drafted? I’d they had Jefferson and Brown who would they have got? Sewell? Hell that’s great too lol
Didn't I just say "even the best swing and miss". AJ came after Devante Smith but I'm sure they'd love Sewell but I thought he went higher. Jimmy Johnson, Ozzie Newsome and Bill Walsh who are waaaay better GM than Howie have missed too

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Didn't I just say "even the best swing and miss". AJ came after Devante Smith but I'm sure they'd love Sewell but I thought he went higher. Jimmy Johnson, Ozzie Newsome and Bill Walsh who are waaaay better GM than Howie have missed too
My mistake I meant if they had Jefferson and Devonta......Howie misses in most 1st rounders. Jimmy ain't do that, Bill didn't nore OZzie.

Carson

Reaction score
That was my thought after seeing this...

... but then taking a look at OverTheCap, evidently his salary is dead money on their cap sheet.

This, then...

... is probably the motivation after all.

I’m not sure if he has any ties to Philly.

But he is close with Gilmore and Malik Hooker. This defense would be fun to join.

From his standpoint, Dallas or Philly is a win.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
My mistake I meant if they had Jefferson and Devonta......Howie misses in most 1st rounders. Jimmy ain't do that, Bill didn't nore OZzie.
That's why I said they were waaaaay better then Howie. But as of today... Howie has probably built the best roster in the league. Definitely top 3 talent wise

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's why I said they were waaaaay better then Howie. But as of today... Howie has probably built the best roster in the league. Definitely top 3 talent wise
Naw I think the 49ers have a better roster. Maybe this will change as some guys get better and improve. But i'd say 49ers is superior.

Sydla

Reaction score
The Cowboys don't need him to be what he was 2 years ago.

He will benefit from DQ like you said, as well as the fact teams will be avoiding DaRon Bland and gameplanning for Micah. If Hankins and Mazi can keep him clean (keep OL from getting to the second level), he should find himself in good positions to free flow to the ball. If he can't play, he will get exposed, and it cost the Cowboys very little to find this out.

Damone Clark will benefit from him too. He should learn from him, and be incredibly motivated to make plays in decreased reps.

Almost never has a championship team, in any sport, had the mantra of "we're good enough". Teams should be activeley getting better and you can't do that with narrow-minded thinking.
Seems like he'd be a smart signing. Yeah, he's lost a few miles on the fastball but he can still play a little, he'd be a situational guy here and his knowledge would be invaluable to guys like Clark.

Do it Jerry.