Combine Chatter Thread

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Jerry is a blithering idiot. Two years ago he wanted to take a QB at 15 who is not even close to these QBs value wise. Now he says Romo will be the QB for 4-5 years and they will draft accordingly? This better be a sign of Jerry having no say so in that room or a smoke screen. If not it's a microcosm of everything wrong with this franchise over the past 20 years. Absolutely no clear plan in place year to year. Hard to execute a long term plan when that plan changes annually.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Why would any of you believe anything JJ says?

Sydla

Reaction score

5 years puts him at 41 years old.

I don't care what anyone says, Jerry isn't that stupid to believe Romo will be viable, high performing QB at age 41. I think this is just a total smokescreen here.

I hope.

RS12

Reaction score

Kid has a healthy ego. I think Brady was better than a 58% passer in college though.

MrPhil

Reaction score

I don't care what anyone says, Jerry isn't that stupid to believe Romo will be viable, high performing QB at age 41. I think this is just a total smokescreen here.

I hope.

You and me both.

Sydla

Reaction score
Good I don't want a qb high. If we are going to win anything in the next couple years it'll be with Romo.

But then again, who we pick at #4 probably isn't going to win a SB himself either.

I think that's why has been missing here. When you look at this draft, at #4, there appears to be no player that you look at and say, "Gee, that guy can change games all by himself".

In that sense, taking a QB and helping insure your future beyond the 2-3 years left with Romo is just smart business. And frankly, this organization has not operated smart for many of the years after the Johnson years. My glimmer of hope here is that Jerry talks stupidly but his son and others in the front office are the ones making the decisions, particularly when it comes to the first round draft pick.

Sydla

Reaction score
Jerry is a blithering idiot. Two years ago he wanted to take a QB at 15 who is not even close to these QBs value wise. Now he says Romo will be the QB for 4-5 years and they will draft accordingly? This better be a sign of Jerry having no say so in that room or a smoke screen. If not it's a microcosm of everything wrong with this franchise over the past 20 years. Absolutely no clear plan in place year to year. Hard to execute a long term plan when that plan changes annually.

It's this that makes me think he's just blowing smoke up people's butts and that if they end up grading a QB that high, they'll take him.

RS12

Reaction score

I hope.

He may be 36 but I have a feeling his back and collarbone say otherwise.

RS12

Reaction score
Carnac predicts many WRs run faster at their pro day with "the old home stop watch" advantage.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It's probably coming down to whether we like Goff or not.

It sucks but I had a feeling this would happen after watching Wentz.

The skill he has and he matches it with character just make him too good of a prospect.