Combine Chatter Thread

RS12

Reaction score

Finally, those in attendance when Jaylon Smith weighed in yesterday tell me his injured leg looked terrible when he stepped on the scale. Smith struggled moving the leg as well as controlling the leg. I was told it was a glum mood and there was a lot of sadness for Smith from the scouts and coaches on hand. From one source I heard, "I felt like crying for the kid." There are a number of teams who think Smith could fall into the draft's last day
Read more at http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/combine2016rumors_tony.php#QwxpQmXAs0XHvfJt.99

I am all over Jaylon with one of those 6th round comps.

Sydla

Reaction score
He may be 36 but I have a feeling his back and collarbone say otherwise.

I am just looking at this from an optimistic perspective, that even if his collarbone and back hold up, age alone is going to catch up to Romo............... so the idea that Romo will be as good as he is now at age 40 and 41 is just so stupid.............. even for Jerry.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
"Finally, those in attendance when Jaylon Smith weighed in yesterday tell me his injured leg looked terrible when he stepped on the scale. Smith struggled moving the leg as well as controlling the leg. I was told it was a glum mood and there was a lot of sadness for Smith from the scouts and coaches on hand. From one source I heard, "I felt like crying for the kid." There are a number of teams who think Smith could fall into the draft's last day."

Read more at http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/combine2016rumors_tony.php#XVBWeY66zRKDhIGO.99

Really tough break for this kid... Feel horrible for him.

RS12

Reaction score
Personally, I'm not a fan of Joel Stave's next level potential, but I'm told he will be drafted. Teams love his 6-foot-5 1/2, 235-pound frame and arm strength. While they admit he needs technical work, the feeling is Stave is worth a late-round pick and, at the very least, a spot on the practice squad
Read more at http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/combine2016rumors_tony.php#QwxpQmXAs0XHvfJt.99

And people dont think QBs will get overdrafted again this year? This guy cant play dead.

Sydla

Reaction score
Awful for that kid. Went from possibly a #1 pick, probably lock in the Top 10, to possibly being out of the first two days. On the small plus side, he apparently has a $5MM insurance policy to be paid if he falls out of the first round.

And on another small note in that update.............. I was hoping we might have interest in Gipson at safety but it appears he's going to get a ton in free agency.

Plankton

Reaction score
Jerry is a blithering idiot. Two years ago he wanted to take a QB at 15 who is not even close to these QBs value wise. Now he says Romo will be the QB for 4-5 years and they will draft accordingly? This better be a sign of Jerry having no say so in that room or a smoke screen. If not it's a microcosm of everything wrong with this franchise over the past 20 years. Absolutely no clear plan in place year to year. Hard to execute a long term plan when that plan changes annually.

Parcells on Jones the general manager: “Jerry doesn’t have a football philosophy, but I like what he does. He tries to get all the information he can. He’s not a talent evaluator. Now, some days he thinks he is. Some days I think I’m an oilman, but I’m not. He’s an oilman.”

AzorAhai

Reaction score
He may be 36 but I have a feeling his back and collarbone say otherwise.

Romo can't play on short rest as is and after feeling as good/strong as he had in years, he was already banged up week 1 of this season with that bad back after one good hit. How anyone can believe he would play 5 more seasons period, not even productive seasons, is an idiot.

Thing is, I fully believe Jerry is that big of an idiot. The hope is that S. Jones has been singing a different tune and from the looks of recent drafts, he has most of the control of the selections.

RS12

Reaction score
Parcells on Jones the general manager: “ Jerry doesn’t have a football philosophy, but I like what he does

As in pad my retirement account after a bad divorce? Costs a lot to play the ponies from your Saratoga summer home.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
It's probably coming down to whether we like Goff or not.

I believe Cleveland is taking Goff and blowing smoke with Wentz. I'm in the minority but it's how I see it. I like both but prefer us to get Wentz.

QT

Reaction score
I agree. I think Cleveland is picking Goff. Goff looked good. I dont care much for Wentz. Rather get a defensive player if Goff is not there. Treadwell looks ok today. Lets see how Ramsey does tomorrow.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
I thought B. Miller would run a faster 40, but that short area quickness matches what I saw on tape and at the Sr Bowl. Maybe the 40 pushes him down to our 3rd since he is still fairly raw.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Love it

1. Bosa
2.Doctson
3.Prescott
4. Ridgeway
4.Procise

4 future starters and a big boom or bust with Prescott can't ask for much more .

No. Prescott would be a wasted pick.

If you are going to latch your hopes and dreams to Romo playing another four years, forget spending a premium pick on a QB.

Jones needs to own up and put his money where his mouth is.

Jones is the imbecile saying Kellen Moore can win football games in this league.

Fine, prove your idiotic football acumen and have this team burn to the ground again.

reddyuta

Reaction score
dont even bother with Prescott,imo any QB after the top 3 is a wasted pick because i dont see them amounting to anything but a backup QB at best.