Combine Chatter Thread

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Like how he said that RB was not a priority in last year's draft after they brought in about every RB for a pre-draft visits. Then we manage to not take a RB in the whole draft.

If David Johnson fell in the third we would have taken him. I really wish it would have played out like that because I don't like Green at all.

MrPhil

Reaction score
I'm really going to enjoy the meltdown here if we don't take a QB at 4. :muttley:

Says a lot about you in my opinion. I would prefer a QB at #4 if one warrants the pick, but I won't "meltdown". I will root for whomever is picked be it Jack, Ramsey, Bosa, Wentz, Goff, etc. I also wont bask in the tears of the non-QB crowd if we do take one. Not my style, but to each their own I suppose.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Was that Mayock comparing Wentz to Luck a few min ago?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
"This is not a damn debate, guys. This is not a debate we're having here. Do you know that I don't know if he's got four or five years? You asked me my opinion and I can give you all the reasons why: the back, or I can give you clavicle, or I can give you any other type of injuries that are there.

"But you're asking me what I think, and I think we've got outstanding quarterbacking ahead of us for the next four or five years. That's not a downer."

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Who knows what really is going thru Johnnie Walker Jones' mind?

The continued 4-5 years with Romo talk is annoying and frightening considering the GM's 20 year track record of ineptness.

One question I do have though: while Romo is a very good qb, why is the guy treated like he's some HOF qb with multiple SB wins? He's been a successful qb for the better part of a decade, and while this is the ultimate team game, I wouldn't say he's a guy that has elevated his game in the playoffs or frankly gotten his team there.

Yes, you can argue 1-11 without him, the FO and coaching ineptness, but truthfully until 2014 in December, the great Romo moments in crunch time and playoffs just aren't there.

I like the guy, this organization finding a competent replacement is probably slim and none, but why is this guy like teflon? He's never led his team to a conference championship, yet he's going to find it in the twilight of his career?

Last edited:

Alexander

Reaction score

The continued 4-5 years with Romo talk is annoying and frightening considering the GM's 20 year track record of ineptness.

One question I do have though: while Romo is a very good qb, why is the guy treated like he's some HOF qb with multiple SB wins? He's been a successful qb for the better part of a decade, and while this is the ultimate team game, I wouldn't say he's a guy that has elevated his game in the playoffs or frankly getting the team there.

Yes, you can argue 1-11 without him, the FO and coaching ineptness, but truthfully until 2014 in December, the great Romo moments in crunch time and playoffs just aren't there.

I like the guy, this organization finding a competent replacement is probably slim and none, but why is this guy like teflon. He's never led his team to a conference championship, yet he's going to find it in the twilight of his career?

I see what you are saying.

I would get this kind of insane zealotry if, well, you know, he actually won more than two playoff games in his entire career.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score

One question I do have though: while Romo is a very good qb, why is the guy treated like he's some HOF qb with multiple SB wins? He's been a successful qb for the better part of a decade, and while this is the ultimate team game, I wouldn't say he's a guy that has elevated his game in the playoffs or frankly getting the team there.

I like the guy, this organization finding a competent replacement is probably slim and none, but why is this guy like teflon? He's never led his team to a conference championship, yet he's going to find it in the twilight of his career?

Just thinking out loud here but maybe one of Jerry's payroll doctors has him convinced that he can dope Romo up and barring another major hit, he believes he can get him thru a few more years...

Alexander

Reaction score
Just thinking out loud here but maybe one of Jerry's payroll doctors has him convinced that he can dope Romo up and barring another major hit, he believes he can get him thru a few more years...

So the one thing Jones has failed to do for Romo his entire career, get a quality and well constructed team, is just going to suddenly materialize in his twilight years?

Whatever.

cds99

Reaction score
"This is not a damn debate, guys. This is not a debate we're having here. Do you know that I don't know if he's got four or five years? You asked me my opinion and I can give you all the reasons why: the back, or I can give you clavicle, or I can give you any other type of injuries that are there.

"But you're asking me what I think, and I think we've got outstanding quarterbacking ahead of us for the next four or five years. That's not a downer."

No reason to go hostile about it, not everyone cares that you think romo is still going to be the guy for 4-5 years. I for one thinks it is horse ****. Hell the last three years he has been hurt if I recall. How many years we going to do this? Again I'm not asking you, don't get mad. Lol
Bawahahahahahahahaha

Alexander

Reaction score
CcQXnynWAAAHLcc.jpg

Nirvana

Reaction score
After watching that lengthy interview of Wentz just now, I think he is a lock for the Browns at #2.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Romo has three years left at best. More than likely, he's done in two.

JJ makes Pinocchio say 'Damn, son.'

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
So the one thing Jones has failed to do for Romo his entire career, get a quality and well constructed team, is just going to suddenly materialize in his twilight years?

Whatever.

Yeah I dunno, was just talking about dude's "Longevity."

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed.

Personally I could see them taking say Prescott in round 3.

You don't have to tell me that. Things are looking like the team won't do it, so you fail in line. If they do do it, you'll fall in line. You have no opinion. They have it for you.