Combine Chatter Thread

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Serious question on the hand test: I know they measure pinkie tip -> thumb tip, but couldn't a person have small hands but high flexibility and be able to spread the distance from pinkie -> thumb to compensate?

As an example, I have pretty small hands and in a resting position, they're only 7.5 inches, but I can spread the distance considerably and bump it to almost 9.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
that's an interesting one.
not sure i buy it tho.
guy is 6'3".
if he used hgh his hands and feet and head would have grown.

might chalk this one up to just being built a little weird.

russell wilson at 5'10" with almost 11" hands was just creepy, lol.

Every person I know (after having worked at Gold's Gym and been a four-sport athlete for six years) that used 'roids or other PED's, had hands disproportionately small to their bodies and massive heads. I believe it's due to the bone structure in your hands. They aren't effected the same by growth hormones etc. It is a bunch of tiny bones, instead of one or two long bones.

I don't throw this around lightly and I'm not saying he does anymore, but Henry absolutely screams PEDs. Awful complexion. Greatly receding hairline/thinning hair. Disproportionate body. He looks like a poster for PED side effects.

Avery

Reaction score
I'm not really a Cook fan. I think he's a 3rd rounder or later to me. His completion % really strikes me as low for a college QB.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Serious question on the hand test: I know they measure pinkie tip -> thumb tip, but couldn't a person have small hands but high flexibility and be able to spread the distance from pinkie -> thumb to compensate?

As an example, I have pretty small hands and in a resting position, they're only 7.5 inches, but I can spread the distance considerably and bump it to almost 9.

I tried this too. Mine are 8 1/2 resting and a little over 9 1/2 spread. I wonder if this is something players can be coached to inflate.

Avery

Reaction score
Every person I know (after having worked at Gold's Gym and been a four-sport athlete for six years) that used 'roids or other PED's, had hands disproportionately small to their bodies and massive heads. I believe it's due to the bone structure in your hands. They aren't effected the same by growth hormones etc. It is a bunch of tiny bones, instead of one or two long bones.

I don't throw this around lightly and I'm not saying he does anymore, but Henry absolutely screams PEDs. Awful complexion. Greatly receding hairline/thinning hair. Disproportionate body. He looks like a poster for PED side effects.

Dude also one amazing set of choppers.

B4V_bOPCYAAp8gm.jpg

Avery

Reaction score
I tried this too. Mine are 8 1/2 resting and a little over 9 1/2 spread. I wonder if this is something players can be coached to inflate.

Seems like a number that is highly prone to who is measuring it as well:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I always look for the same thing..

JJ Watt.. Peyton Manning....

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The first thing Henry has to do when he gets his signing bonus is to have a long visit with a dentist.

And a dermatologist. His complexion does suggest steroids.