Combine Chatter Thread

MrPhil

Reaction score

Paging Lamar Miller,

Jerry's statement in that interview about drafting a RB in last year's draft was interesting. He used the word "him" so it would seem that they had a specific one targeted.....I wonder who.

hendog

Reaction score
Jerry's statement in that interview about drafting a RB in last year's draft was interesting. He used the word "him" so it would seem that they had a specific one targeted.....I wonder who.

It's been rumored they liked Jonson who to the cards

Macnalty

Reaction score
So let me get this straight. You are going to include a mock with data in it that does not even apply to what is actually part of the draft pool?

That is how most of them are in December not just that one. People are still learning how to pronounce Nkemdiche in Dec.

RS12

Reaction score
McGinns column is done. Best read of the off season.

Last edited:

RS12

Reaction score
here is a snippet.

An NFL scout told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel's Bob McGinn that North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz "might be the most physically talented of the group [of quarterbacks]."

"Would I be nervous with this guy? Absolutely. But if you have no quarterback at all, what do you got to lose?" the scout asked. On the level of ability, though, he has no questions on Wentz, noting that the 6-foot-6, 231-pounder is a "big guy with a big arm" and that the ball "gets there." During throwing drills at the NFL Scouting Combine on Saturday, TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline saw likewise, calling his timing "incredibly impressive" due to his "ability to power the ball into targets." Another scout who spoke with McGinn is nervous about the jump from FCS ball to the NFL. "...it's such a long way from that level of play to the NFL at any position, let alone quarterback," he said.

Macnalty

Reaction score
So let me get this straight. You are going to include a mock with data in it that does not even apply to what is actually part of the draft pool?

I am enjoying your point of view on the draft this year, you have changed from last year in your critiques and makes it much more enjoyable to read.

reddyuta

Reaction score

i called it in the other thread,i would go so far as to say that we had 3 RBs targeted and we ddint have a chance on any one of them.

RS12

Reaction score
Noah Spence
Kimberly Jones of NFL Media spoke with NFL sources who indicated that Eastern Kentucky OLB Noah Spence is overrated and not a first-round pick.

Perhaps now we can stop the narrative that he’s going to be a first-round pick,” Jones’ source said, with another source telling her he “didn’t see anything special.

An NFL GM told Jones that Spence does posses an important ability to rush the passer.

When you look at the Super Bowl and (conference) championship games, it was pass rush. You have to have a pass rush, guys who can win one-on-one matchups. He’s got that unique abilityto win one-on-one matchups,” said the GM.

However, he isn’t sure if he can trust Spence moving forward.

I don’t know yet,” the GM said.

http://nfltraderumors.co/143500-2/

BigWillie

Reaction score
I hope people keep looking at Scooby Wright's size and combine numbers, and just continue to overlook him.

164 tackles, 31 TFL, 15 sacks, 5 forced fumbles - his numbers from his sophomore year. I don't care about size, speed, and all of that mess. If you put up numbers like that in any major conference, you're just a football player who makes plays regardless of a stopwatch or bathroom scale.

Let him slip, and hopefully we benefit later on in the draft.