Combine Chatter Thread

Hailmary

Reaction score
A safety capable of running a 4.3

Not too many of those in the league. Let's see what this does to T.J. Green's stock.

Where was he projected before he ran? 1 pick in three years is pretty bad especially with the line he played with. I wouldn't mind if he put on some weight and played a lb/ss role.

Plankton

Reaction score
You want to spend a top 15 pick on a midget corner?

I hope Philly takes him and lines him up 1 on 1 with Dez.

5'10" isn't exactly a midget. Mackensie Alexander is the same size. He's the same size as guys like Chris Harris Jr., Jason Verrett, Brandon Flowers, Terence Newman and Orlando Scandrick. He's an inch shorter than Joe Haden and Sam Shields. As long as he doesn't have a vertical leap below 32" or so, his size won't be a problem.

If he was 5'8", it may be an issue, but he's not that small.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where was he projected before he ran? 1 pick in three years is pretty bad especially with the line he played with. I wouldn't mind if he put on some weight and played a lb/ss role.

Scouts Inc. had him in the 4th round entering the Combine.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I'm warming to Ramsey being a pick at #4 if Wentz is off the board, but still question how effective our secondary will be if we can't get pressure up front.

As odd as it sounds, it's kind of a dead zone at #4 with our needs: we either overdraft a RB or DT or take a S/CB/LB though they may not make the greatest initial impact.

tm1119

Reaction score

Green was a 2 star WR recruit coming out of HS and he didn't change to S until 2014 as a backup. So last year was the only time he played a full time role. He probably should have never come out this year, but he's definitely intriguing. Someone will take a risk on him as a project probably way too early after that 40 time

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
no hes not. poor mans Kam Chancellor...........not saying he wont b good, just not at 34

I just don't know if I can take another season of Wilcox, but realize we can only kill so many birds with one stone.

Sydla

Reaction score
For someone not watching TV, what are they doing now at the combine? When the 40s starting back up?

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
I just don't know if I can take another season of Wilcox, but realize we can only kill so many birds with one stone.

oh, Wilcox will be gone. we can take a safety round 4 who will start over Wilcox.just dont want to reach at 34