Come on Commander fans....come in here...

Om

Reaction score
That would all carry considerably more weight, brother Bear, if you'd actually spent any time ON our board, dontcha think? :)

Based on what I've read here today, the only exposure you've had to Extreme is via links here, provided by people who, I'd humbly suggest, don't necessarily have objectivity in their hearts when they post them.

I'm sure some of our actions would rate a "heavy-handed" label by an independent arbitrator (yes, we do admit to being human, believe it or not), but I also suspect said arbitrator would make a point of acknowledging the context in which they were made.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.

Oh. And if you see Hos, please tell him I missed him at the game ... and was asking for him here today.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I get your point...not sure if Om will, but I do.

However I do not wish to lower myself to the levels of the mod on that site who used that line.

I may have made mistakes in the past and may do so in the future, but I just can not or would not do something like that.

For the record I take you joke in jest but that was a good point being made.
good, I don't really want anybody banned.

I will just continue to welcome certain mods with obvious contempt

Om

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I get your point...not sure if Om will, but I do.

However I do not wish to lower myself to the levels of the mod on that site who used that line.

I may have made mistakes in the past and may do so in the future, but I just can not or would not do something like that.

For the record I take you joke in jest but that was a good point being made.

You surprise me, BP.

Doubt that means much to ya at this point, but there it is.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
-Om- said:
You surprise me, BP.

Doubt that means much to ya at this point, but there it is.

Not sure if you mean in a good way or a bad way :confused:

Om

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Not sure if you mean in a good way or a bad way :confused:

I meant it in a way that suggests I don't believe you gave a very fair reading to your man Eric's performance at Extreme. The unspoken suggestion here from a moderator that his banning was unmerited, or based simply on what he says it was, and that it was comparable in ANY remote fashion to what his predictable drive-by in this thread proposes, was .... surprising.

Things are rarely as cut and dried as the self-styled "victim" would have you believe.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
-Om- said:
I meant it in a way that suggests I don't believe you gave a very fair reading to your man Eric's performance at Extreme. The unspoken suggestion here from a moderator that his banning was unmerited, or based simply on what he says it was, and that it was comparable in ANY remote fashion to what his predictable drive-by in this thread proposes, was .... surprising.

Things are rarely as cut and dried as the self-styled "victim" would have you believe.
Brain is going to laugh pretty hard at being called "my man".

And the banning was unmerited, unless you think protecting Art's ego as a thing of merit.

I offered an opinion and was attacked for it. I remained civil far longer then the mod in question.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
-Om- said:

Well I do remember the situation when it went down.

I know Eric is brash and abrasive at times, we have had our bouts, however the point I made was the exact reason why he was banned was wrong.

Eric is the type of person that will post something with specifics and many times people will take them as generals (myself included at times). I think it is fair to say that we get along better now but at one time were basically at each others throat (cyber of course lol)....so it is not like he and I are best buds.

If memory serves eric was saying eric did not want to bet with Art because he had HEARD that he was a welcher...I do not recall 100% but I do not remember him saying that art WAS a welcher.

However I DO recall that art took the low road and said the only reason Eric would not bet was because he did not have enough money and was poor or something along those lines.

After art acted like a putz for a little while Eric returned in kind.

Eric is no saint, he will never be called miss congeniality, but at the same time the way that whole thing went down was a discredit to art and that board.

And furthermore there were other things that went on behind the scenes concerning that situation with another person that I found pathetic...but that is for someone else to speak about if they wish.

Deep down I think you know art is out of control sometimes....one could say a little bird told me.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Well I do remember the situation when it went down.

I know Eric is brash and abrasive at times, we have had our bouts, however the point I made was the exact reason why he was banned was wrong.

Eric is the type of person that will post something with specifics and many times people will take them as generals (myself included at times). I think it is fair to say that we get along better now but at one time were basically at each others throat (cyber of course lol)....so it is like me and him are best buds.

If memory serves eric was saying eric did not want to bet with Art because he had HEARD that he was a welcher...I do not recall 100% but I do not remember him saying that art WAS a welcher.

However I DO recall that art took the low road and said the only reason Eric would not bet was because he did not have enough money and was poor or something along those lines.

After art acted like a putz for a little while Eric returned in kind.

Eric is no saint, he will never be called miss congeniality, but at the same time the way that whole thing went down was a discredit to art and that board.

And furthermore there were other things that went on behind the scenes concerning that situation with another person that I found pathetic...but that is for someone else to speak about if they wish.

Deep down I think you know art is out of control sometimes....one could say a little bird told me.
very fair assessment.

Om

Reaction score
Your recollections aren't quite on the money, BP.

Good news, though ... the thread in question is available for inspection. :)

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53909&perpage=20&display=&pagenumber=1

Two things I'd ask:

1) if you're going to look at it, please read the whole thing, and

2) keep in mind both that there was a history even with this guy even before this thread ... and the very brashness and abrasivness you note.

As to Art ... he doesn't need me or anyone else to speak for him. So I won't.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
-Om- said:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53909&perpage=20&display=&pagenumber=1

Two things I'd ask:

2) keep in mind both that there was a history even with this guy even before this thread ... and the very brashness and abrasivness you note.

I hope everybody reads that thread and see's how easy it is to be banned on that site.

Aside from not being comfortable betting with somebody that Hostile claimed was a welcher, I was pretty nice to the pompous windbag.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
-Om- said:

Two things I'd ask:

This is the FIRST post from art to Eric...

art post said:
A 7-9 Commander team hosted the playoff Jets to open this past season. I've no idea who will host Monday Night football games this year. However, I am willing to guess I'm smarter than you are. Therefore, the bet is $500 that says a 5-11 team will host a Monday Night game this year.

Are we on? If so, we'll pick a third party to open a PayPal account and we will put our wagers there, letting them sit until the schedule is announced next month. If you are game it means you believe your statement and have $500 ready. If you are not, it means you're just talking out of your arse. But, we knew that, didn't we?

This is BEFORE eric says ANYTHING to art in the thread...so already art is being a smart arse to eric and no it was not because he thought eric questioned his integrity about a bet before hand.

I would also like to add...that putting "Another*sspoker" under someone's avatar/title is pathetic action by a mod IMO.

But let's get one thing straight...ART started the whole p1ssing contest from the get go with that lame bet post.

Next...

Erics response

eric said:
You have no credibility to host a bet with me.

TH tried to get you to pay up last season for a bet you apparently lost. He couldn't even get you to address the bet.

Clean that matter up, then we can talk.

Sounds as if he said clean up that situation and we will talk.

Art continues...

art said:
I've never had a bet with anyone named TH. Have no idea what you're talking about.

What you're saying here is that you have no belief in what you're saying and won't bet. My guess is you do believe it but are too poor to afford the terms. But, I'll instead simply attribute your lack of desire to make the bet to be based on your own disbelief at your statements.

If you'd like to bet, we'll call Dale and have Dale (a Cowboy fan) open up a Pay Pal account where we'll both put our money and neither of us will have any access to it until the bet is won. You've got no credibility worries. I'll even let a Cowboy fan have the money so you don't have to sweat.

Ahh...maybe memory does serve me well....such class from a mod.

eric said:
TooHostile feels differently.

Anyway, I don't wager with money.

But if you can show to not be dishonest in yor dealings with TH, then I would be happy to come up with terms of a wager that are agreeable to both of us.

A post a little later from eric...let it be noted I did not use the whole post as it was long...just the important part for this argument...

eric said:
But you should really take this up with Hostile himself. He is the one that feels slighted. I merely remembered this and called your integrity into question.

You have the link now so nothing should stop you. If that is cleared up in a fashion that I feel is acceptable we can resume talks about this wager and terms that would be mutually acceptable. Otherwise we can't.

So that is how it all started out...with art acting like a punk from the get go, and for him to be a mod and act like that FROM THE START says volumes....it really is no wonder Eric got mad after that...art was clearly trying to get him mad.

Nuff Said.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
-om- is also a pompous windbad. He won't see things the way they are.

Om

Reaction score
Okay, BP. That response and reading tells me all I need to know about objectivity on this one.

I won't waste any more of your time or mine ...

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
-Om- said:
Okay, BP. That response and reading tells me all I need to know about objectivity on this one.

I say the same about you.

Serously though. How many times are you going to tell us how you wont waste anymore time on smack talk? This is twice in a week I think.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
-Om- said:

Why won't you waste your time...because you know art started that off by acting like an arse and then even after eric took art acting like that it still was a page or two more before eric ever said a NASTY thing to art.....actually here is the where the nasty started from eric...

eric said:
Simple. Until you resolve this feud with TooHostile in a manner I find acceptable then your word is sh#$t to me and I wont bet with somebody that I don't trust.

Now I have already stated that any bet wouldn't be over money so I need assurances that the person I am betting with has some integrity to begin with. Since you fail to discuss this with Hostile in a public forum then I don't trust you.

You know where the cowboys.net can be located so sh$%t or get off the pot. It's your call Art.

All along eric was telling art to take it up with hostile to get THAT matter cleared up...if it got cleared up then eric would bet with art about the MNF..however he would NOT bet with money.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
That thread, involving TH and Eric, along with one running concurrently which got Two Deep banned (there is another example of overkill) is what led me to register and engage in some dialogue with Art, who subsequently refused to meet my bet challenge of 1000 dollars based on this year's final record.

Om, could you pull that one up please. I want to refresh my memory on how handily I kicked his arse. :D

Btw, I understand the dynamics behind my ban last week. It was latish Saturday night, a big rivalry game coming up and warthog probably was gearing up for the drunks rushing home after last call - so it was no nonsense time. However, before I post there again, I would like an apology from him for over reacting.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
-Om- said:

Two things I'd ask:

1) if you're going to look at it, please read the whole thing

I did, and found the thing quite stupid... banning Eric for what he did in that thread is just ASININE... Art was the one who instigated that whole flame war, with his assertion that if Eric wasn't willing to bet a grand on that argument, it proved he didn't believe it... of course Eric had every right to respond (paraphrasing here) "I won't bet money with you, I hear you don't pay off when you lose"...

Art's taunting about Eric being too gutless to bet on his assertion was clearly a flame, and Eric's response was too... civil flames, but flames nonetheless... so, good ol' Art flamed Eric, Eric flamed back, and your mods protected your own troublemaker mod by banning Eric...

Yup, I read the whole thread... thanks for challenging me to do so...

Most amusing of all, you guys were defending a guy who had the AUDACITY to say:

"First, you won't avoid discussions with me. I'm a mod here. You will respond when spoken to. That's what you do here."

If that's your idea of a moderator, my original opinion of your board is confirmed... demanding that somebody respond to him??

He followed that up with:

"Your NEXT post will have THESE words.

quote:
Art, I realize you DID say, "Sure. Let's bet $1,000. You feel the Commanders will be 25th or worse in run defense. I'll happily bet a grand that we'll be better than that." I realize this is a clear indication that you NEVER ONCE accepted my whichever is closest terms. I'm sorry for stating otherwise, repeatedly."

Talk about fascism... either say exactly what I want you to say, or you can't post in here... never mind that Hostile said nothing inflammatory, that he was relentlessly civil... Art didn't like the way the argument was going, so he shut it down...

Gimme a break... I thought ol' Art was a cosmic putz when I read his BS about throwing that Cowboys fan out of FedEx, but this is beyond ridiculous... and Blade is apparently of the same mindset...

I repeat, as long as you allow that clown to remain a moderator, a representative of your board, your board will have a lousy rep...

And it'll deserve it... you guys have made fun of me for not really knowing your board, but the more I learn about it, the sillier I find it...

And of course, I'd be banned for arguing this with you over there, wouldn't I?? NOBODY better take issue with the all-powerful moderators...

Even if the moderator in question is a braying jackass... that's just one more reason you'll never find me hanging out in there...

Zieg heil, y'all...

Om

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer said:
I say the same about you.

Serously though. How many times are you going to tell us how you wont waste anymore time on smack talk? This is twice in a week I think.

Eric, there is a difference between "smack talk," and a rep from a web site that's taken a relentless bashing (a rep who had a pretty solid history of posting here, by the way, and enjoyed good relationships with the admins and mods here) coming here looking for just a hint of objectivity and amid about a dozen piling-on threads.

Based on being personally being called such clever and devastating things as "wuss" and "dork" and "putz" by you in the last few days, I didn't expect it from you, but I did kind of hope to find it elsewhere.

My offer stands to anyone who's more interested in football than smack and would like to see what Extreme is like for themselves to contact me. And no, I won't hold my breath.

At this point, I think I'll follow Henry's lead and simply leave you all to your fun.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
-Om- said:
Eric, there is a difference between "smack talk," and a rep from a web site that's taken a relentless bashing (a rep who had a pretty solid history of posting here, by the way, and enjoyed good relationships with the admins and mods here) coming here looking for just a hint of objectivity and amid about a dozen piling-on threads.

Based on being personally being called such clever and devastating things as "wuss" and "dork" and "putz" by you in the last few days, I didn't expect it from you, but I did kind of hope to find it elsewhere.

My offer stands to anyone who's more interested in football than smack and would like to see what Extreme is like for themselves to contact me. And no, I won't hold my breath.

At this point, I think I'll follow Henry's lead and simply leave you all to your fun.
I think you need to remove the wool from your own eyes.

Your site is being attacked because it deserves it.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eric_Boyer said:
I think you need to remove the wool from your own eyes.

Your site is being attacked because it deserves it.

You are quite right...However he does make a point that the personal attacks (name calling) should stop.

OM is not the bad guy in that thread...art is.