Comes down to WR or CB. Or?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Why would we spend the 1st pick on a WR when we traded a 1st for Amari and drafted Gallup in the 3rd?

Exactly...…………….So are we going to spend two years in a row at the WR position when we also have Gallup?

Never going to happen.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I said Fulton MAY be. Which really means they are similar. I read something from Antonio Chromartie analyzing the top 5 corners and he seemed to like Fulton better than Henderson.

What are the top receivers in your view? 2 of them will be gone for sure by 17.
In order Lamb, Juedy and Ruggs. However if I could get Reagor in the 2nd and get Fulton on the first I would be ecstatic. I like Fulton by the way, just have Henderson and those 3 receivers ahead of him.

All that being said I'm 90 percent sure Henderson will be gone before 17 and I'm not trying to trade up.

Playmaker247

Reaction score
I never would have drafted Taco or Hill. TJ Watt was available when we took Taco. That was simply a dumb pick. There were also two GREAT prospects at safety available when Hill was picked. AGAIN, that was ANOTHER stupid pick advised by Marinelli and what he wanted.

So NEITHER of those were actually a forced need pick. They were just dumb picks.

THIS scenario is really not realistic. How about this unrealistic scenario?

If the BPA on the board is a RB are you taking him? Hell no you aren't taking him.

If the players are close on your talent board, I am going for the high need over the no need.
However, I would never REACH for a player.
“If the players are close” is the main issue lol. If any of the top 3 wr’s is there at 17 there’s a good chance it isn’t even close. They are the pick.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
In order Lamb, Juedy and Ruggs. However if I could get Reagor in the 2nd and get Fulton on the first I would be ecstatic. I like Fulton by the way, just have Henderson and those 3 receivers ahead of him.

All that being said I'm 90 percent sure Henderson will be gone before 17 and I'm not trying to trade up.

Yah, I wouldnt trade up. I would take Fulton over the 3rd WR there.

My perfect first two picks would be CB and then one of the top 2 centers in the draft with our 2nd pick.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
“If the players are close” is the main issue lol. If any of the top 3 wr’s is there at 17 there’s a good chance it isn’t even close. They are the pick.

Says who? I trade back then. What is the point of taking a WR? You already have two great ones and one is getting 20 million a year. YOu simply cannot throw all those resources and assets at the WR position.

I looked at one ranking for the draft that had Ruggs as the third best WR ranked at #10 overall and Fulton was ranked at #15. That is NOT a big difference based on talent. If its only a difference of 5 players, I am taking Fulton.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Yah, I wouldnt trade up. I would take Fulton over the 3rd WR there.

My perfect first two picks would be CB and then one of the top 2 centers in the draft with our 2nd pick.
Center isn't a need much less with a 2nd round pick. McGovern and Looney is plenty good for that position. As far as the 3rd receiver in Ruggs...... it's very possibly he goes top 12 with his 4.27 40 time.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Center isn't a need much less with a 2nd round pick. McGovern and Looney is plenty good for that position. As far as the 3rd receiver in Ruggs...... it's very possibly he goes top 12 with his 4.27 40 time.

I couldn't disagree more. Center to me is #2 need right behind CB.

And as far as the WR's in most of these top 100 lists there are like 6 or 7 WR's in the top 30 players. Makes even less sense to take a WR high.

Just seems to me like you are enamoured with speedy WR's and you just want one.

JBS

Reaction score
I couldn't disagree more. Center to me is #2 need right behind CB.

And as far as the WR's in most of these top 100 lists there are like 6 or 7 WR's in the top 30 players. Makes even less sense to take a WR high.

Just seems to me like you are enamoured with speedy WR's and you just want one.

This post makes absolutely zero sense lolol

There are 7 wrs in the top 30...you have 1 top 30 pick..so what exactly is your point here? If you don't take one at 17, you won't get one? Oh ok..got it

JBS

Reaction score

Center is absolutely a top 2 need

If you count cb, safety, wr, and de as one..center is two

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This post makes absolutely zero sense lolol

There are 7 wrs in the top 30...you have 1 top 30 pick..so what exactly is your point here? If you don't take one at 17, you won't get one? Oh ok..got it

Point is that the draft doesnt go exactly according to ranking. And since there are so many great WR's a few will fall into the 2nd round for because of need purposes.

So why take one at 17 when you could actually trade back 8 spots and still get a great one? The draft is also deep at the position so you can find 2nd round WR talent in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

And since all we really need over the next 3 to 4 years is a slot WR, why would we spend a 17th pick filling that need?

JBS

Reaction score
Point is that the draft doesnt go exactly according to ranking. And since there are so many great WR's a few will fall into the 2nd round for because of need purposes.

So why take one at 17 when you could actually trade back 8 spots and still get a great one? The draft is also deep at the position so you can find 2nd round WR talent in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

And since all we really need over the next 3 to 4 years is a slot WR, why would we spend a 17th pick filling that need?

Why are you undervaluing the slot receiver. Why is a slot receiver less important than a safety, center, or cb? A slot receiver is a starter in this league. Especially under mccarthy, who spreads it out as much as anyone.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
They are deep at receiver but almost every one of them have had injury issues not only that but if Cooper or Gallup go down are you happy with Wilson or Smith or Johnson coming in and starting?
I love Wilson. I think in the new offense he is going to be a star especially with Cobb gone. Smith and Johnson are average but you would say that about 95% of the 4th and 5th string WRs in the NFL for any team. I just happen to believe our 4th and 5th WRs have great potential.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Center is absolutely a top 2 need

If you count cb, safety, wr, and de as one..center is two

CB is #1. I could live with safety and Center as #2. Center however is much more important to this team as we have based our team on the strength of the Oline. Looney is nothing more than a fill in backup. Frederick was the key to that line.

I know many of you like to blow off the center position like Looney is fine there. Its simply not the case. Going from an All pro to a backup is simply too big of a gap.

JBS

Reaction score
CB is #1. I could live with safety and Center as #2. Center however is much more important to this team as we have based our team on the strength of the Oline. Looney is nothing more than a fill in backup. Frederick was the key to that line.

I know many of you like to blow off the center position like Looney is fine there. Its simply not the case. Going from an All pro to a backup is simply too big of a gap.

We won 10 ganes w Looney starting every single game that season. Plus we have McGovern..it's not a need. Not even top 5

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Why are you undervaluing the slot receiver. Why is a slot receiver less important than a safety, center, or cb? A slot receiver is a starter in this league. Especially under mccarthy, who spreads it out as much as anyone.

If I have to answer why to that question then Im not really sure I can help you. That kind of stuff is football 101.

We have two good WR's. Not overly concerned about the slot guy. I also very much like Devon Smith that is already on our team. That need can be filled with Smith a bargain veteran FA WR, or a 3rd or 4th round pick in a deep WR draft.

JBS

Reaction score
If I have to answer why to that question then Im not really sure I can help you. That kind of stuff is football 101.

We have two good WR's. Not overly concerned about the slot guy. I also very much like Devon Smith that is already on our team. That need can be filled with Smith a bargain veteran FA WR, or a 3rd or 4th round pick in a deep WR draft.

Yeah, let's take a significantly worse football player bc you don't value the position. That makes sense..that also goes against everything anyone says about drafting

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We won 10 ganes w Looney starting every single game that season. Plus we have McGovern..it's not a need. Not even top 5

The line fell apart with Looney at center. Sacks with Looney were 56 in 2018 and back down to 23 with Fredericks return in 2019. Huge, huge difference. Looney is a backup, nothing more.

McGovern would hopefully replace the hapless Williams at Guard.

We also won 13 games with Frederick at center. See, I can do that too.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah, let's take a significantly worse football player bc you don't value the position. That makes sense..that also goes against everything anyone says about drafting

Did I say that? LOL

No, you just made that up in your head.

JBS

Reaction score
The line fell apart with Looney at center. Sacks with Looney were 56 in 2018 and back down to 23 with Fredericks return in 2019. Huge, huge difference. Looney is a backup, nothing more.

McGovern would hopefully replace the hapless Williams at Guard.

We also won 13 games with Frederick at center. See, I can do that too.

Yeah that's all looneys fault lolol..nice try