Comics and Movies

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry, what was that again?:muttley:

Seriously, you remember more movies you don't like than I could remember movies I've even seen! Lol
Don't get me start again. I thought of more stuff while driving to work! :laugh:

@nobody posted a very good assumption, which sparked my recollections of what I have not liked through the years. And all of y'all know how weird my brain works, lol.

First my mind went back to what I did not like as a kid. BAM! (pun intended) The Batman series flashed in my head. oh noes! The Caped Crusader and his trusty sidekick are climbing the outside of that building! Slowly! With regular rope! Perpendicular to the wall! Joking with tenants as they as went by! He's striking fear laughter into everyone!

It pretty much steamrolled chronologically from there. Just when I thought I posted enough, something else would pop into my mind. Like, I thought about Elektra, sat back, asked myself, "What other actress lead movie did I shake my head at? I saw Brigette Nielsen's face in my mind's eye. Why am I thinking of Nielsen? Cobra, maybe? Oh crap. Red Sonja. Better add that one too.

It is likely I would have kept typing if it wasn't necessary to show up for work. I did not reminisce about Star Wars stuff I dislike as much as could have, even though I am guilty of being a huge fan of the franchise. :muttley:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
‘Red Sonja’ First Look: Matilda Lutz Stars In Millennium Media’s Comic Book Film

ac2f629d04e01d3339020b07874971d8f0707324545c485a3485f1a342d788f5-1.jpg

Millennium Media has unveiled the first still from its anticipated comic book film Red Sonja, starring Matilda Lutz (Revenge), which is currently in production at the Bulgarian Nu Boyana Studio, with additional shoots at the Greek Nu Boyana Studio scheduled for later in the month.

https://deadline.com/2022/10/red-so...-millennium-media-comic-book-film-1235141267/

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
‘Red Sonja’ First Look: Matilda Lutz Stars In Millennium Media’s Comic Book Film

ac2f629d04e01d3339020b07874971d8f0707324545c485a3485f1a342d788f5-1.jpg

Millennium Media has unveiled the first still from its anticipated comic book film Red Sonja, starring Matilda Lutz (Revenge), which is currently in production at the Bulgarian Nu Boyana Studio, with additional shoots at the Greek Nu Boyana Studio scheduled for later in the month.

https://deadline.com/2022/10/red-so...-millennium-media-comic-book-film-1235141267/
Already looks better than the original.

quickccc

Reaction score
lol. I guess my enthusiam has shadowed stuff I have criticized in the past, right here on CowboysZone, like:

Television shows
The 1960's Batman series
That Batman cartoon with Batmite
The Superfriends
Live action Captain America
Live action Spider-Man
Arrow
(wasn't a fan/then again I wasn't a fan of many CW series)
Supergirl
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
(gag)
Cloak & Dagger
The Inhumans
Birds of Prey
Mutant X
Buck Rogers in the 25th Century
(NOT Erin Gray lol)

Movies
Howard the Duck
Fantastic Four
(2015)
Supergirl
Superman III
AND IV
SUPERMAN RETURNS
Hancock
(big disappointment)
Jonah Hex
Catwoman
Elektra
Red Sonja
Mortal Kombat: Annihilation
The Matrix Resurrections
Brightburn
Batman & Robin
Wonder Woman 1984
Shazam!
2017's Justice League
Spider-Man 3
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
All The Punisher movies
Ghost Rider
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengence
:facepalm:
Darkman II and III
Any Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
X-Men: The Last Stand
Thor: Love and Thunder
(<expletive> Taiki Waititi)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
X-Men: Dark Phoenix
Robocop 2
AND 3
The New Mutants
Chronicle
Venom
Green Lantern
Batman Forever
Daredevil
Hulk
(2003)
Ultraviolet
All Resident Evil movies after the original

Specific actors or elements
Ben Affleck as Daredevil AND Batman
The low budget effort in Swamp Thing and television's The Incredible Hulk (oh no! He is straining to lift that car!/Thank goodness of Bill Bixby though)
The plotline in X-Men: Days of Future Past (to begin with)
Heck, the plotline in X-Men: Apocalypse
Plotlines AND production of both Fantastic Four and FF:Rise of the Silver Surfer
Neutered evil Kryptonians in Superman II
Comedic delivery in Thor: Ragarok, along with the minimizalition of Cate Blanchete as Hela
A good portion of Finn Jones work as Danny Rand in Iron Fist

There is more but gotta get to work. And they could have kept The Last Jedi on the storyboard instead of letting it go into production. I would not have been disappointed if Hayden Christensen (sp?) and the kid who played Anakin had been recasted.

And there are things listed that I dislike very much. Hate? Some but maybe not in the same way as others might feel.
Okay.
lol. I guess my enthusiam has shadowed stuff I have criticized in the past, right here on CowboysZone, like:

Television shows
The 1960's Batman series
That Batman cartoon with Batmite
The Superfriends
Live action Captain America
Live action Spider-Man
Arrow
(wasn't a fan/then again I wasn't a fan of many CW series)
Supergirl
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
(gag)
Cloak & Dagger
The Inhumans
Birds of Prey
Mutant X
Buck Rogers in the 25th Century
(NOT Erin Gray lol)

Movies
Howard the Duck
Fantastic Four
(2015)
Supergirl
Superman III
AND IV
SUPERMAN RETURNS
Hancock
(big disappointment)
Jonah Hex
Catwoman
Elektra
Red Sonja
Mortal Kombat: Annihilation
The Matrix Resurrections
Brightburn
Batman & Robin
Wonder Woman 1984
Shazam!
2017's Justice League
Spider-Man 3
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
All The Punisher movies
Ghost Rider
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengence
:facepalm:
Darkman II and III
Any Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
X-Men: The Last Stand
Thor: Love and Thunder
(<expletive> Taiki Waititi)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
X-Men: Dark Phoenix
Robocop 2
AND 3
The New Mutants
Chronicle
Venom
Green Lantern
Batman Forever
Daredevil
Hulk
(2003)
Ultraviolet
All Resident Evil movies after the original

Specific actors or elements
Ben Affleck as Daredevil AND Batman
The low budget effort in Swamp Thing and television's The Incredible Hulk (oh no! He is straining to lift that car!/Thank goodness for Bill Bixby though)
The plotline in X-Men: Days of Future Past (to begin with)
Heck, the plotline in X-Men: Apocalypse
Plotlines AND production of both Fantastic Four and FF:Rise of the Silver Surfer
Neutered evil Kryptonians in Superman II
Comedic delivery in Thor: Ragarok, along with the minimizalition of Cate Blanchete as Hela
A good portion of Finn Jones work as Danny Rand in Iron Fist

There is more but gotta get to work. And they could have kept The Last Jedi on the storyboard instead of letting it go into production. I would not have been disappointed if Hayden Christensen (sp?) and the kid who played Anakin had been recasted.

And there are things listed that I dislike very much. Hate? Some but maybe not in the same way as others might feel.
Okay.

Lol .. .wow, when did you have time to have this eternal 'diss list' stashed for this long ?

- Even nay say vote to Super friends – Legion of Doom ?
There wouldn’t be the Seattle Sehawks' Legion of Boom unless it was the Legion of Doom.

Was it about those good ole “ Wonder Twins” that soured it for you ? :muttley:

- I’d throw certainly throw in New Mutants into my mix as well . I dunno what the hell that was supposed to be.

- No love for the Adam Ward classic throwback, eh ? Don't care for the Batman's infamous- snake charm dance ?

- Venom was so very disappointing that I still to this day, have not seen Venom 2: " Let there be Carnage "

- yeh, Once was enuff for the vastly disappointing Wonder Woman 84, really don’t want Patti Winters repeating the 3rd one as director.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol .. .wow, when did you have time to have this eternal 'diss list' stashed for this long ?

There wouldn’t be the Seattle Sehawks' Legion of Boom unless it was the Legion of Doom.

Was it about those good ole “ Wonder Twins” that soured it for you ?
:muttley:

- I’d throw certainly throw in New Mutants into my mix as well . I dunno what the hell that was supposed to be.

- No love for the Adam Ward classic throwback, eh ? Don't care for the Batman's infamous- snake charm dance ?

- Venom was so very disappointing that I still to this day, have not seen Venom 2: " Let there be Carnage "

- yeh, Once was enuff for the vastly disappointing Wonder Woman 84, really don’t want Patti Winters repeating the 3rd one as director.
Got to dig in and wrap up stuff now but I will have a comment or two later. :)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You have a real gift for people’s names.

VMvupMaU_400x400.jpg

:laugh:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

One of my nearly lifelong pet peeves is television executives treating children like idiots. Children may not know much (depending on the kid of course) but most are not stupid. I was a kid in the 70's and KNEW The Superfriends was a stupid show.

Where's the freaking action? Sure. Each episode had twenty minutes of dialogue but should viewers, even kids, expect characters to face each other and stand like mannequins until they got tired of talking? And guess what? They NEVER got tired of talking.

Superheroes fight supervillians. Just being around them should be pretty darn dangerous, am I right? Well, I'm wrong since the team has ordinary teenagers runny around. And a dog. No Mystery Mobile though. Wait. Where did they go? Wendy? Marvin? Where did those kids run off to? Crap. Who is the new girl? Jayna? Hey! She changed into a bird! Awesome. Zan is the brother? What exactly can he oh he turned into a puddle. "Clean up aisle 3!"

And dog was replaced by a space monkey. Maybe the dog got counseling from Scooby-Doo after getting his pink slip.

A good number of the first set of villains were just goofy parodies. Nothing menacing about them at all. Then the Legion of Doom introduced the team's more famous arch enemies full-time. And they ended up being goofy parodies of themselves as well. Sad.

Enough about that show. The New Mutants was another 20th Century Fox shortcoming placed upon a pile of prior shortcomings. Hopefully Disney will give the Children of the X-Men another opportunity.

Actresses, who played Catwoman, are the only folks from the Batman series I still care about. Everything else is just a bad memory for me.

You and I agree about Venom. I will get around to the sequel eventually. Maybe the delay will not be as long as it took for me to finally watch Shazam!. Maybe it will be longer.

I doubt Patty Jenkins will make the same mistake twice. She tried (or was perhaps persuaded) to reuse Chris Pine. That nonsense was resolved in Wonder Woman 1984. However, she should be more diligent about the accuracy of antagonists in the next screenplay.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I dont think I’ve seen a really good Dwayne Johnson movie in a long long time. I do not have high hopes for Black Adam. I expect it to be okay, but DC meddling/Rock script influence (he requests scripts to be written a certain way for him to be in these movies)/and generally low first reaction don’t have my hopes high.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I dont think I’ve seen a really good Dwayne Johnson movie in a long long time. I do not have high hopes for Black Adam. I expect it to be okay, but DC meddling/Rock script influence (he requests scripts to be written a certain way for him to be in these movies)/and generally low first reaction don’t have my hopes high.
Yeah, now that I think about it, the last really good movie in which he was the star might be The Rundown.

quickccc

Reaction score
One of my nearly lifelong pet peeves is television executives treating children like idiots. Children may not know much (depending on the kid of course) but most are not stupid. I was a kid in the 70's and KNEW The Superfriends was a stupid show.

Where's the freaking action? Sure. Each episode had twenty minutes of dialogue but should viewers, even kids, expect characters to face each other and stand like mannequins until they got tired of talking? And guess what? They NEVER got tired of talking.

Superheroes fight supervillians. Just being around them should be pretty darn dangerous, am I right? Well, I'm wrong since the team has ordinary teenagers runny around. And a dog. No Mystery Mobile though. Wait. Where did they go? Wendy? Marvin? Where did those kids run off to? Crap. Who is the new girl? Jayna? Hey! She changed into a bird! Awesome. Zan is the brother? What exactly can he oh he turned into a puddle. "Clean up aisle 3!"

And dog was replaced by a space monkey. Maybe the dog got counseling from Scooby-Doo after getting his pink slip.

A good number of the first set of villains were just goofy parodies. Nothing menacing about them at all. Then the Legion of Doom introduced the team's more famous arch enemies full-time. And they ended up being goofy parodies of themselves as well. Sad.

Enough about that show. The New Mutants was another 20th Century Fox shortcoming placed upon a pile of prior shortcomings. Hopefully Disney will give the Children of the X-Men another opportunity.

Actresses, who played Catwoman, are the only folks from the Batman series I still care about. Everything else is just a bad memory for me.

You and I agree about Venom. I will get around to the sequel eventually. Maybe the delay will not be as long as it took for me to finally watch Shazam!. Maybe it will be longer.

I doubt Patty Jenkins will make the same mistake twice. She tried (or was perhaps persuaded) to reuse Chris Pine. That nonsense was resolved in Wonder Woman 1984. However, she should be more diligent about the accuracy of antagonists in the next screenplay.

Did the Adam Wards' 60's Batman , .the 1973 Hanna Barbara Super friends ..did it entertain you as a kid watching them ?

At that very time era, when you were attached watching it regularly .. as Russell Crowe says in Gladiator " Are you Not Entertained ? " :p

of course now in this different era and day & time, many of these past favorite toons and kid series seem so B.C prehistoric vs our much advance
formats in animation and live action series, but at that 60's, 70's 80's era, in our kid to grow days .. they wee da Bomb !

Now it's not to say that i'd watch every Saturday morning animation there was .. as i did then and still to this day - i simply cannot stand Scooby Doo ..Scrappy Doo or not, ..i really tried hard , but it wasn't happenin'

With Super Friends.,.. there was a catch with me though ... while i loved the original 73 Super Friends, as outside 67 Speed Racer, it was the 2nd most
favorite premiere animation series of mine in that time era. ..and it included very popular DC superheroes ala Superman, Batman and Wonder woman,
and it introduced Aqua-Man to me .. i had no idea why Marvin, Wendy and Wonder Dog were necessary as they were so boring and worthless.
Annoying teens with no super human powers at all.
i guess Hanna Barbara wanted to add the goofy sense of humor side element

250px-Super_Friends.jpg

250px-Allnewsuperfriends.jpg

250px-Challenge_of_the_Super_Friends.jpg

420611c65ccc87c77cb3fea83feba5c3.jpg

324524e22df3eebf1ceb414844a56f52.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did the Adam Wards' 60's Batman , .the 1973 Hanna Barbara Super friends ..did it entertain you as a kid watching them ?

At that very time era, when you were attached watching it regularly .. as Russell Crowe says in Gladiator " Are you Not Entertained ? " :p

of course now in this different era and day & time, many of these past favorite toons and kid series seem so B.C prehistoric vs our much advance
formats in animation and live action series, but at that 60's, 70's 80's era, in our kid to grow days .. they wee da Bomb !

Now it's not to say that i'd watch every Saturday morning animation there was .. as i did then and still to this day - i simply cannot stand Scooby Doo ..Scrappy Doo or not, ..i really tried hard , but it wasn't happenin'

With Super Friends.,.. there was a catch with me though ... while i loved the original 73 Super Friends, as outside 67 Speed Racer, it was the 2nd most
favorite premiere animation series of mine in that time era. ..and it included very popular DC superheroes ala Superman, Batman and Wonder woman,
and it introduced Aqua-Man to me .. i had no idea why Marvin, Wendy and Wonder Dog were necessary as they were so boring and worthless.

250px-Super_Friends.jpg

Not even going to talk about the Batman series anymore. Here are a few fantasy adventure heroic/superhero type Saturday morning cartoons I saw before The Superfriends that I found way more entertaining and less insulting to the intelligence of the kid I was at the time:
  • Space Ghost
  • Jonny Quest
  • Fantastic Four
  • The Herculoids
I really REALLY thought the introduction of the Legion of Doom meant an edgier, more "mature" type Superfriends cartoon. Nope. More of the same if not more dumbed down than what came before it.

Heck. I could easily choose Josie & The <filtered> In Outer Space over that show and I would not even blink. Superfriends made a complete mockery of Aquaman that turned him into the butt of jokes for decades until Jason Mamoa put on the orange and green. I have nothing but contempt for that particular Hanna-Barbera production. One of my favorite memories was the Family Guy parody of the show's opening:

Still makes me chuckle to this day. :muttley:

quickccc

Reaction score

250px-Super_Friends.jpg

d2495d77705d12c13148223adf5785c9.jpg

cb13ccb85632008cba7ef27545666e34.jpg

i very vaguely recall the All New Superfriends Hour ... and i did not realize it came before the Legion of Doom's " Challenge of the Super Friends "

I remember that it was something about the All New Super Friends that i did not like ..i just had such a hard time getting into,
it seemed so quirky and corny and i did not like the format, character introduction, even for my liking as a small kid, and i just could not take it serious enough.
So i viewed as " Meh " and placed it off to the side.

Plus here comes other new "Superhero' driven toon series, new scene such as " Thundarr the Barbarian " which remains one of my very all time favs,
(and one i'd wished for a live action film)... and one i still love to go back and re-watch
because it had the seriousness and Mellow macho-dramatic theme and tone i really like in my Heroes ... And remains a huge reason why i cannot seem to
get into Disney's She Hulk and most definitely a sure No-No with Ms Marvel ..

But i assumed Hanna Barbara " sensed" the lacking of All New Superfriends Hour, ..and they sought to renew the Super Friends saga in a different, more powerful
appealing format. They did so with the introduction and featured Legion of Doom .

- To know how much of an appeal and impact The Legion of Doom played upon our culture then and " Decades" to come, the dominant Seahawks actually named
that historical Defense after the Legion of Doom, ... now that's impact ! ..lol