Comics and Movies

quickccc

Reaction score
EIZA GONZÁLEZ SAYS SHE'S NOT 'STEALING' ELEKTRA ROLE, ASKS 'DAREDEVIL' FANS TO STOP HARASSING HER ON TWITTER
By Matthew Jackson | SyFy
October 7, 2022

gettyimages-1389623846.jpg

Daredevil is officially back in the MCU, and his role in the world of Marvel Studios will only grow over the next couple of years. After Charlie Cox's Matt Murdock showed up in both Spider-Man: No Way Home and She-Hulk: Attorney at Law and Vincent D'Onofrio's Kingpin appeared in Hawkeye, both characters are set to return for the upcoming Echo series and the much-anticipated Daredevil: Born Again. It's an exciting time for Daredevil fans, but it's apparently led to some bad vibes for one actor who has nothing to do with the franchise at all.

Eiza González, best known to genre fans for her roles in action films like Bloodshot and Ambulance, spoke out on Twitter this week to deny rumors that she's set to become the MCU's new Elektra Natchios for Born Again, which will arrive in 2024 on Disney+. According to González, much of the fan response to these rumors has been to bombard her with negative messages accusing the actor of "stealing" the role from Elodie Young, who played the role on Netflix's Daredevil and Defenders series. Here's her full response to the backlash:

Read more

This is one of the reasons why I am not on Twitter and do not mind finding out stuff later than other folks. There are some sick, sick, sick people in this world. And I am not talking about the kind of sick needing mental health treatment.:banghead:

I wonder why they did not consider returning with Elodie Young, who portrayed Elektra in the Netflix series.
I'm just guessing conflict issues with maybe her Cleaning Woman series ? (something that hasn't appeal to me yet)

But it does sounds more interesting and intriguing with a possible new Elektra.... and Gonzalez is quite a cutie. :D

I also wonder how Disney is gonna boot up and start up with Elektra character.
as I'm strongly assuming that they plan to start her from scratch with meeting Matt Murdock anew ?.

And of course that will also mean a new Stick,.. the Hand....another origin of Elektra .. and a new Bullseye ..
We'll get to see Disney's version vs the Afflick DD movie, vs Netflix's Charlie Cox DD series - and yes, i'm trying hard Not to say the 'R" word ( "Reboot ") ..lol

'Elodie Yung
220px-Elodie_Yung_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kevin Smith Says It’s A “Fools Errand” To Try To Direct A Marvel Or Star Wars Project
By Gerda Lewis | Research Blaze
October 13, 2022

Kevin Smith is one of the most well-known comic book guys in Hollywood. He was a co-host on an AMC show called Comic Book Men, which was filmed at his own comic book store in New Jersey. Even though he has been known to dabble in superhero fandom, he has never — and will never — take on the coveted Hollywood role of Marvel Cinematic Universe director.

In a new Q&A for The Guardian, when asked if he’d like to direct an MCU or Star Wars project, Smith says, “No. It’s a waste of time, and you’re going to make someone mad. Fandom is crazy and based on groups. People told me I ruined their childhoods when I worked on Masters of the Universe. I would be too scared to go near a Marvel or Star Wars movie. They have a billion people who could make those movies, but no one is making Kevin Smith movies, so I might as well.”

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pierce Brosnan Reveals Why He Was Not Cast As Batman
By Vic Medina | Giant Freakin Robot
October 12, 2022

James Bond was almost Batman, but a sarcastic quip killed his chances. Actor Pierce Brosnan is joining the DC Cinematic Universe this fall with his role as Doctor Fate in Black Adam, but he nearly played the Caped Crusader for director Tim Burton back in 1989. In a recent appearance on NBC’s The Tonight Show, Brosnan revealed that he auditioned for the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman in the iconic flick, but admitted he remembered “saying something stupid to Tim Burton,” and he didn’t get the part, according to ComicBook.com.

While promoting the Dwayne Johnson film with Jimmy Fallon, Brosnan discussed his experience auditioning for Burton, but revealed that he told the director “I can’t understand any man who would wear his underpants outside his trousers.” While the underwear/no-underwear sentimentality has been long-debated by comic book fans, Burton probably felt it wasn’t the best mindset for an actor who has to play Batman. As we all know, Michael Keaton eventually won the role, and Pierce Brosnan would have to wait until 1995 to find his signature role as James Bond in Goldeneye.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
25 best comics to movie adaptations
By Kelvin Loyola | Bolavip
October 12, 2022

In an age where every if not any comic book character gets their own movie and television show, comics have always been a great source material for Hollywood to adapt into movies and it’s ever growing lack of creativity.

While many of the recent Batman or Marvel movies are based on certain versions of comic book stories the following movies on our list are based directly off of a comic book or graphic novel as the film’s bible.

These films either were direct adaptations or loosely based on the original story, many have turned into cult classics and others have even won Oscars, here are 25 great comic books that were adapted to movies.

Read more

Wonder if the author or the editor forgot to publish #10? :muttley:

25. The Crow
24. Tank Girl
23. Blade
22. The Mask
21. Kick <censored>
20. 300
19. Men In Black
18. Ghost World
17. Batman: The Long Halloween
16. The Death of Superman
15. Edge of Tomorrow
14. Transformers the Movie
13. The Dark Knight Rises
12. Reign of the Supermen
11. Sin City
09. Batman: The Killing Joke
08. Watchmen
07. Hell Boy
06. A History of Violence
05. Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
04. Avengers: Endgame
03. American Splendor
02. V for Vendetta
01. Road to Perdition

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kevin Smith Says It’s A “Fools Errand” To Try To Direct A Marvel Or Star Wars Project
By Gerda Lewis | Research Blaze
October 13, 2022

Kevin Smith is one of the most well-known comic book guys in Hollywood. He was a co-host on an AMC show called Comic Book Men, which was filmed at his own comic book store in New Jersey. Even though he has been known to dabble in superhero fandom, he has never — and will never — take on the coveted Hollywood role of Marvel Cinematic Universe director.

In a new Q&A for The Guardian, when asked if he’d like to direct an MCU or Star Wars project, Smith says, “No. It’s a waste of time, and you’re going to make someone mad. Fandom is crazy and based on groups. People told me I ruined their childhoods when I worked on Masters of the Universe. I would be too scared to go near a Marvel or Star Wars movie. They have a billion people who could make those movies, but no one is making Kevin Smith movies, so I might as well.”

Read more

I don’t think he needs to worry about it!
:laugh:

quickccc

Reaction score
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/blade-movie-on-hold-as-marvel-1235238872/

Marvel Studios Pauses “ Blade” Movie – amid search for New Director

The feature project was in Pre-production in Atlanta heading for a November start of photography
Blade is scheduled to be released on September 6, 2024

Mahershala Ali.as Blade

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4-NCihzJJVZE23F-jcNBfIdF5b7TGzHcgqoJ36iJXC21wmzp1_vOrlderio2JwHi-HhU&usqp=CAU

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Pierce Brosnan Reveals Why He Was Not Cast As Batman
By Vic Medina | Giant Freakin Robot
October 12, 2022

James Bond was almost Batman, but a sarcastic quip killed his chances. Actor Pierce Brosnan is joining the DC Cinematic Universe this fall with his role as Doctor Fate in Black Adam, but he nearly played the Caped Crusader for director Tim Burton back in 1989. In a recent appearance on NBC’s The Tonight Show, Brosnan revealed that he auditioned for the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman in the iconic flick, but admitted he remembered “saying something stupid to Tim Burton,” and he didn’t get the part, according to ComicBook.com.

While promoting the Dwayne Johnson film with Jimmy Fallon, Brosnan discussed his experience auditioning for Burton, but revealed that he told the director “I can’t understand any man who would wear his underpants outside his trousers.” While the underwear/no-underwear sentimentality has been long-debated by comic book fans, Burton probably felt it wasn’t the best mindset for an actor who has to play Batman. As we all know, Michael Keaton eventually won the role, and Pierce Brosnan would have to wait until 1995 to find his signature role as James Bond in Goldeneye.

Read more
Yeah, you tell yourself that's why you didn't get the part, you scrawny little dweeb.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
October 12, 2022

In an age where every if not any comic book character gets their own movie and television show, comics have always been a great source material for Hollywood to adapt into movies and it’s ever growing lack of creativity.

While many of the recent Batman or Marvel movies are based on certain versions of comic book stories the following movies on our list are based directly off of a comic book or graphic novel as the film’s bible.

These films either were direct adaptations or loosely based on the original story, many have turned into cult classics and others have even won Oscars, here are 25 great comic books that were adapted to movies.

Read more

25. The Crow
24. Tank Girl
23. Blade
22. The Mask
21. Kick <censored>
20. 300
19. Men In Black
18. Ghost World
15. Edge of Tomorrow
11. Sin City
08. Watchmen
07. Hell Boy
03. American Splendor
02. V for Vendetta
01. Road to Perdition
I guess he thought it was that obvious?

quickccc

Reaction score
October 12, 2022

Read more

25. The Crow
24. Tank Girl
23. Blade
22. The Mask
21. Kick <censored>
20. 300
19. Men In Black
18. Ghost World
15. Edge of Tomorrow
11. Sin City
08. Watchmen
07. Hell Boy
03. American Splendor
02. V for Vendetta
01. Road to Perdition

if Death of Superman and Reign of Supermen can be comic book adaption made into full length animation films .. then same should go for Vampire Hunter D" who also
was adapted from Comic book to full length Animation film.

220px-Vhdmanga-1.jpg

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/blade-movie-on-hold-as-marvel-1235238872/

Marvel Studios Pauses “ Blade” Movie – amid search for New Director

The feature project was in Pre-production in Atlanta heading for a November start of photography
Blade is scheduled to be released on September 6, 2024

Mahershala Ali.as Blade

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4-NCihzJJVZE23F-jcNBfIdF5b7TGzHcgqoJ36iJXC21wmzp1_vOrlderio2JwHi-HhU&usqp=CAU

That’s apparently led to a whole lot of rescheduling:

https://www.cinemablend.com/superhe...schedule-and-pushed-avengers-secret-wars-back

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Johnathan Majors will be continued as Kang the Conqueror (per Loki series) ...then i will be in absolutely no hurry at all to see Avengers :Kang Dynasty movie.

Uggh, .. that finale Loki episode ! :thumbdown:
I am on the opposite side of that coin. Love Jonathan Majors as Kang.

I am only sorry it will take awhile before seeing him again in Avengers: The Kang Dynasty. Meanwhile, perhaps he will pop up again in Loki season two..?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Johnathan Majors will be continued as Kang the Conqueror (per Loki series) ...then i will be in absolutely no hurry at all to see Avengers :Kang Dynasty movie.

Uggh, .. that finale Loki episode ! :thumbdown:

You might appreciate it a bit more with a rewatch.

I did.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I am only sorry it will take awhile before seeing him again in Avengers: The Kang Dynasty. Meanwhile, perhaps he will pop up again in Loki season two..?

Don’t forget he’s the villain of Ant-man Wasp Quantumania.

nobody

Reaction score

I'm sorry, is there any superhero thing put out that you hated? No offense, but you remind me of my friend and Star Wars. No matter how terrible it is, he thinks it's amazing just because it's associated with Star Wars. ;)

Jonathan Majors is a fantastic actor and entertaining. But Immortus/Kang he is not.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I never read the comics, but just seeing the name, I expected Kang of the Kang Dynasty to be Asian...or be more like Ming the Merciless. Lol

nobody

Reaction score
I never read the comics, but just seeing the name, I expected Kang of the Kang Dynasty to be Asian...or be more like Ming the Merciless. Lol

in the comics, he's Nathaniel Richards, a descendent of both Reed Richards and Doctor Doom.

After checking, apparently they changed it in comics later and he's descended from a half-brother of Reed Richards.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm sorry, is there any superhero thing put out that you hated? No offense, but you remind me of my friend and Star Wars. No matter how terrible it is, he thinks it's amazing just because it's associated with Star Wars. ;)
lol. I guess my enthusiam has shadowed stuff I have criticized in the past, right here on CowboysZone, like:

Television shows
The 1960's Batman series
That Batman cartoon with Batmite
The Superfriends
Live action Captain America
Live action Spider-Man
Arrow
(wasn't a fan/then again I wasn't a fan of many CW series)
Supergirl
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
(gag)
Cloak & Dagger
The Inhumans
Birds of Prey
Mutant X
Buck Rogers in the 25th Century
(NOT Erin Gray lol)

Movies
Howard the Duck
Fantastic Four
(2015)
Supergirl
Superman III
AND IV
SUPERMAN RETURNS
Hancock
(big disappointment)
Jonah Hex
Catwoman
Elektra
Red Sonja
Mortal Kombat: Annihilation
The Matrix Resurrections
Brightburn
Batman & Robin
Wonder Woman 1984
Shazam!
2017's Justice League
Spider-Man 3
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
All The Punisher movies
Ghost Rider
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengence
:facepalm:
Darkman II and III
Any Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
X-Men: The Last Stand
Thor: Love and Thunder
(<expletive> Taiki Waititi)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
X-Men: Dark Phoenix
Robocop 2
AND 3
The New Mutants
Chronicle
Venom
Green Lantern
Batman Forever
Daredevil
Hulk
(2003)
Ultraviolet
All Resident Evil movies after the original

Specific actors or elements
Ben Affleck as Daredevil AND Batman
The low budget effort in Swamp Thing and television's The Incredible Hulk (oh no! He is straining to lift that car!/Thank goodness for Bill Bixby though)
The plotline in X-Men: Days of Future Past (to begin with)
Heck, the plotline in X-Men: Apocalypse
Plotlines AND production of both Fantastic Four and FF:Rise of the Silver Surfer
Neutered evil Kryptonians in Superman II
Comedic delivery in Thor: Ragarok, along with the minimizalition of Cate Blanchete as Hela
A good portion of Finn Jones work as Danny Rand in Iron Fist

There is more but gotta get to work. And they could have kept The Last Jedi on the storyboard instead of letting it go into production. I would not have been disappointed if Hayden Christensen (sp?) and the kid who played Anakin had been recasted.

And there are things listed that I dislike very much. Hate? Some but maybe not in the same way as others might feel.
Jonathan Majors is a fantastic actor and entertaining. But Immortus/Kang he is not.
Okay.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
lol. I guess my enthusiam has shadowed stuff I have criticized in the past, right here on CowboysZone, like:

Television shows
The 1960's Batman series
That Batman cartoon with Batmite
The Superfriends
Live action Captain America
Live action Spider-Man
Arrow
(wasn't a fan/then again I wasn't a fan of many CW series)
Supergirl
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
(gag)
Cloak & Dagger
The Inhumans
Birds of Prey
Mutant X
Buck Rogers in the 25th Century
(NOT Erin Gray lol)

Movies
Howard the Duck
Fantastic Four
(2015)
Supergirl
Superman III
AND IV
SUPERMAN RETURNS
Hancock
(big disappointment)
Jonah Hex
Catwoman
Elektra
Red Sonja
Mortal Kombat: Annihilation
The Matrix Resurrections
Brightburn
Batman & Robin
Wonder Woman 1984
Shazam!
2017's Justice League
Spider-Man 3
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
All The Punisher movies
Ghost Rider
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengence
:facepalm:
Darkman II and III
Any Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
X-Men: The Last Stand
Thor: Love and Thunder
(<expletive> Taiki Waititi)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
X-Men: Dark Phoenix
Robocop 2
AND 3
The New Mutants
Chronicle
Venom
Green Lantern
Batman Forever
Daredevil
Hulk
(2003)
Ultraviolet
All Resident Evil movies after the original

Specific actors or elements
Ben Affleck as Daredevil AND Batman
The low budget effort in Swamp Thing and television's The Incredible Hulk (oh no! He is straining to lift that car!/Thank goodness of Bill Bixby though)
The plotline in X-Men: Days of Future Past (to begin with)
Heck, the plotline in X-Men: Apocalypse
Plotlines AND production of both Fantastic Four and FF:Rise of the Silver Surfer
Neutered evil Kryptonians in Superman II
Comedic delivery in Thor: Ragarok, along with the minimizalition of Cate Blanchete as Hela
A good portion of Finn Jones work as Danny Rand in Iron Fist

There is more but gotta get to work. And they could have kept The Last Jedi on the storyboard instead of letting it go into production. I would not have been disappointed if Hayden Christensen (sp?) and the kid who played Anakin had been recasted.

And there are things listed that I dislike very much. Hate? Some but maybe not in the same way as others might feel.
Okay.
Sorry, what was that again?:muttley:

Seriously, you remember more movies you don't like than I could remember movies I've even seen! Lol

quickccc

Reaction score

I admit i barely was into Kang in the Avengers comics, and i was always confused with his " Nathaniel Richards/Rama Tut" previous alter identity.
and didn't think much (impressed ) of him ..until his abilities and technology was far more wow displayed with the Avengers - Disney/FX animation series.

In fact, I could not remember if I ever saw him armor-less, helmet-less.once he became " Kang" and his armor.

Oh well with the babbling ranting Johnathan Majors of Loki (a new Ja Ja Blink ?) at least i can say i saw the pre-armor Kang.

220px-Kang_the_Conqueror_Vol_1_1.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTcJz71T33LoZBYj1fubXOSrz93AT0Juvr3gzUSARn0skRNgGfRODae2WAxGrsApqGiOI&usqp=CAU

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7OFhLCIkYnt89F27DnJvJ6j6oWrLx2Jet2xsYhSje8Eu7HQC2DYyrY_RBz8VGrZuBYXY&usqp=CAU

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2bSwl0Nbk-jE0ZyzjAX5E7phZTsC51Yf1kOrRR9RCR0WqdyrSANtm69Xfta8at7H5wFM&usqp=CAU