Comics and Movies

quickccc

Reaction score

SILVER SURFER GALACTUS SOLO PROJECT ANNOUNCED!
Release Date & PLOT Details!

" A silver Surfer Galactus solo project is reportedly in the works for the Marvel Cinematic Universe! A Silver Surfer mcu special presentation is reportedly coming sooner than later, linking with the Fantastic Four film coming in phase 6 of the MCU. Silver Surfer and Galactus will finally be making... "

d164e284be1e22b9fe6a50f13858889a.jpg

dd569d7aac88d753c7faad0ed136bda3.jpg

98c430e6768c76fbcedba8f18cc67db7.jpg

8ba9b0ca1452e31a4549c5b416654c26.jpg

quickccc

Reaction score
I chalk it up to jealousy. Several big-name directors have tried to take shots at the Marvel formula and its’ huge and repeated success. Some people seem to take offense at the success of others and rather than giving respect, they feel the need to tear it down.

It strikes me as Jealousy too ... Marvel is utterly whooping butts at the box office both on a domestic and global level at record numbers,
and how it has impacted culture around the world.

and other studios, directors and acting performers are petrified to have to open up against Marvel at announced release dates, because it aims to
threaten their overall box office numbers after they've invested so much labor time and budget money in their films only to have low, disappointing, unexpected turnout.
and too little in returned profit.

Did we hear this much backlash, jealousy and animosity with the likes of Stars Wars and Harry Potter series ? :confused:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do not open this spoiler if you have not yet seen Black Adam!

Henry Cavill Looking Forward to Story With an “Enormously Joyful Superman”
By Aaron Crouch | The Hollywood Reporter
October 26, 2022

Henry Cavill says he never gave up hope that he would play Superman some day in the future. Yet even he was surprised how emotional the experience was when he finally put the cape back on.

Cavill was working six days a week on Netflix’s The Witcher when a deal came together for him to appear in one scene in Black Adam, he recalled during a conversation with MTV’s Josh Horowitz at the 92nd Street Y on Wednesday evening. He had to get permission from The Witcher team, but as the actor recalled, “It was so top secret we couldn’t tell them what.”

When he arrived at the Warner Bros. studio in the U.K. for the top secret shoot, he put on a suit that he chose because of its emotional resonance: the costume he wore in 2013’s Man of Steel, his first outing as the hero.

“I chose that one in particular because of the nostalgia attached to the suit,” said Cavill during the conversation, which was a live taping of Horowitz’s Happy Sad Confused podcast. “It was incredibly important to me to be standing there and enjoying that moment. That is one of the top moments in my career. It feels great to have the opportunity to wear it again.”
Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DCEU Becomes The DCU as Part of Warner Bros. Rebranding
By Anthony Lund | MovieWeb
October 26, 2022

The DCEU is no more as the reign of DC Studios begins with James Gunn and Peter Safran overseeing the Warner Bros. Discovery franchise from here on out. The PR statements were pretty loud in announcing the newly formed DC Studios, which unsurprisingly seems to be a mirror of the now long-standing Marvel Studios over at Disney, and its two CEOs. However, something that has also been rebranded in a more subtle way is the franchise itself, which will be dropping a letter to simply stand as the DCU, or DC Universe, going forward.

While there were statements released by Gunn and Safran, as well as Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav, something that went in under the radar in all of this were the numerous mentions of the new name of the DC Extended Universe, which drops the “Extended” name to give something more streamlined and direct…and almost as Marvel-esque as the new “ten year Marvel inspired plan” that seems to have been the start of this huge change within Warner Bros. Discovery’s DC output.

All of this, of course, hasn’t really come out of the blue, as it has been clear for several months that change has been coming to the DC Universe. While this has included changes in command and focus, it has also seemingly been driven by Dwayne Johnson and his DC debut as Black Adam. Along with “changing the hierarchy” of the franchise, it seems that Black Adam has literally arrived to reboot the whole DC story.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zoe Saldaña Felt Bitter At The Beginning Of Filming GotG Vol. 3
By Tyler Baum | ScreenRant
October 26, 2022

<snip>

In an interview with EW, Saldaña explains that filming Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 wrought conflicted emotions. While the Guardians were assembled for another cosmic adventure, it meant that this creative arrangement was meeting its end. It's widely understood that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 ends this trilogy of storytelling, and there are unanswered questions about what's next for Peter Quill, Gamora & Co. Read Saldana's full comment below:

[Filming] started bitter in the beginning cause obviously you're anticipating the end, but I'm just so happy that once again I got to work with great people. I had an evolution that I witnessed of myself, but also my director and my cast. I just felt very blessed and grateful. It was a very sweet departure, I have to say.
<snip>

Read more

Last edited:

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Zoe Saldaña Felt Bitter At The Beginning Of Filming GotG Vol. 3
By Tyler Baum | ScreenRant
October 26, 2022

<snip>

In an interview with EW, Saldaña explains that filming Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 wrought conflicted emotions. While the Guardians were assembled for another cosmic adventure, it meant that this creative arrangement was meeting its end. It's widely understood that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 ends this trilogy of storytelling, and there are unanswered questions about what's next for Peter Quill, Gamora & Co. Read Saldana's full comment below:

<snip>

Read more

hopefully 3 is better than 2. They ramrodded the same jokes and script in a different setting in 2. Although, I did really enjoy the racoon vs ravenger forrest fight

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DCEU Becomes The DCU as Part of Warner Bros. Rebranding
By Anthony Lund | MovieWeb
October 26, 2022

The DCEU is no more as the reign of DC Studios begins with James Gunn and Peter Safran overseeing the Warner Bros. Discovery franchise from here on out. The PR statements were pretty loud in announcing the newly formed DC Studios, which unsurprisingly seems to be a mirror of the now long-standing Marvel Studios over at Disney, and its two CEOs. However, something that has also been rebranded in a more subtle way is the franchise itself, which will be dropping a letter to simply stand as the DCU, or DC Universe, going forward.

While there were statements released by Gunn and Safran, as well as Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav, something that went in under the radar in all of this were the numerous mentions of the new name of the DC Extended Universe, which drops the “Extended” name to give something more streamlined and direct…and almost as Marvel-esque as the new “ten year Marvel inspired plan” that seems to have been the start of this huge change within Warner Bros. Discovery’s DC output.

All of this, of course, hasn’t really come out of the blue, as it has been clear for several months that change has been coming to the DC Universe. While this has included changes in command and focus, it has also seemingly been driven by Dwayne Johnson and his DC debut as Black Adam. Along with “changing the hierarchy” of the franchise, it seems that Black Adam has literally arrived to reboot the whole DC story.

Read more

This smacks of more desperation from DC in my opinion. James Gunn is an interesting filmmaker, but someone who needs to be reigned in by a studio. You can plainly see that in his work for Marvel and his work for DC. Left to his own devices, he pushes things beyond good taste, limiting the potential audience in the process.

If he’s ‘in charge’, who’s going to keep him in check?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Vision Series Starring Paul Bettany In Works At Marvel Studios For Disney+
By Nellie Andreeva | Deadline
October 28, 2022

A second WandaVision spinoff series focusing on Paul Bettany’s Vision is in the works at Marvel Studios for Disney+, sources tell Deadline.

Titled Vision Quest, the potential series, which is opening a writers room next week, will be about The Vision (Bettany) trying to regain his memory and humanity, I hear. While the focus is on Vision, word is there is a possibility for Wanda Maximoff (Elizabeth Olsen) to appear, which would make sense given how interconnected the two characters’ stories are in the MCU.

Like with the other WandaVision spinoff, the greenlighted series Agatha: House of Harkness headlined by Kathryn Hahn, Vision Quest is overseen by WandaVision creator, writer and executive producer Jac Schaeffer, I hear. Reps for Marvel Studios and Bettany declined comment.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never realized we weren't supposed to see that cable. Are you sure it was meant to be used as a repelling line, just not with his hands?
Good question. It might be a question that blows my 33 year-old assumption out of the water. I look at it three ways.

eNq91xQ.gif

The audience sees Batman use his grappling hook several times. Batman attaches the device to the front of his utility belt during the two or three times we do see it in use. However, it is worn in the back and delivered to Batman's hands on a motorized system--so it is conceivable it can be locked into place at his rear. In my opinion, this is an important observation for this scene:

0jtCTVR.gif

The wire is clearly attached to the rear of Batman as he descends. Yet, his cape is not caught up in the wire, which would happen if the grappling hook was attached to his belt. The actual wire must have been attached to the stuntman's harness and run through the cape itself to avoid entanglement.

It should be noted that I do not know how a 1989 quirky director like Tim Burton used blue/green screen back then or whether he even cared enough to mask the wire in that very brief scene. Burton was superficial about the character and his story from beginning to end after all.

It is also notable how quickly (within a split second) the wire disappears between scene transitions. :) It would be necessary for Batman to disconnect himself from the repelling wire before firing his zip line BUT it does not mean Burton cared about that detail. Finally:

w7I7qRw.gif

...stunts employ standard guide wire. The scene used Michael Keaton's stunt double. It is extremely doubtful he made the jump without the precaution. I would point out nearly a quarter century later, green screen work involving a caped character removed the cape from the scene and later superimposed it with CGI. I am only guessing but I would think the cape's omission in the Man of Steel scene was for both safety and aesthetic reasons.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good question. It might be a question that blows my 33 year-old assumption out of the water. I look at it three ways.

eNq91xQ.gif

The audience sees Batman use his grappling hook several times. Batman attaches the device to the front of his utility belt during the two or three times we do see it in use. However, it is worn in the back and delivered to Batman's hands on a motorized system--so it is conceivable it can be locked into place at his rear. In my opinion, this is an important observation for this scene:

0jtCTVR.gif

The wire is clearly attached to the rear of Batman as he descends. Yet, his cape is not caught up in the wire, which would happen if the grappling hook was attached to his belt. The actual wire must have been attached to the stuntman's harness and run through the cape itself to avoid entanglement.

It should be noted that I do not know how a 1989 quirky director like Tim Burton used blue/green screen back then or whether he even cared enough to mask the wire in that very brief scene. Burton was superficial about the character and his story from beginning to end after all.

It is also notable how quickly (within a split second) the wire disappears between scene transitions. :) It would be necessary for Batman to disconnect himself from the repelling wire before firing his zip line BUT it does not mean Burton cared about that detail. Finally:

w7I7qRw.gif

...stunts employ standard guide wire. The scene used Michael Keaton's stunt double. It is extremely doubtful he made the jump without the precaution. I would point out nearly a quarter century later, green screen work involving a caped character removed the cape from the scene and later superimposed it with CGI. I am only guessing but I would think the cape's omission in the Man of Steel scene was for both safety and aesthetic reasons.
I guess I always assumed he disconnected the cable a few feet from the ground, but I obviously could be mistaken. Maybe we weren't supposed to notice it at all. but if so, Tim Burton must think the audience is really unobservant.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess I always assumed he disconnected the cable a few feet from the ground, but I obviously could be mistaken. Maybe we weren't supposed to notice it at all. but if so, Tim Burton must think the audience is really unobservant.
Yep. We did not even supposed to pick up on the law of gravity, where Vicki Vale grabs the grappling gun from Batman and both hover together in midair for nearly two seconds:

s7eiat4.gif

:muttley:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yep. We did not even supposed to pick up on the law of gravity, where Vicki Vale grabs the grappling gun from Batman and both hover together in midair for nearly two seconds:

s7eiat4.gif

:muttley:
I wouldn't even call that "special effects", since there's nothing "special" about it. As for the "hovering' though, do you mean when they stopped because the winch wasn't strong enough to keep pulling them both up?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn't even call that "special effects", since there's nothing "special" about it. As for the "hovering' though, do you mean when they stopped because the winch wasn't strong enough to keep pulling them both up?
No, I am saying the law of gravity means Batman falls 32 feet per second once he releases his hold on the cable. Batman should practically disappear out of the close up shot well-within a split second if it happened in real life.

As far as strength, it still gets me how easily Vale disengages the grappler from his utility belt. Even if he was transferring most of his weight from the belt to the cable by tightly holding the cable, it should not have been that easy to remove it especially with one hand.