Comics and Movies

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No, I am saying the law of gravity means Batman falls 32 feet per second once he releases his hold on the cable. Batman should practically disappear out of the close up shot well-within a split second if it happened in real life.

As far as strength, it still gets me how easily Vale disengages the grappler from his utility belt. Even if he was transferring most of his weight from the belt to the cable by tightly holding the cable, it should not have been that easy to remove it especially with one hand.
Agreed. The Bat should've dropped immediately, and Vale should've fallen with him, as the grappler was being yanked out of her hand. If she somehow managed to hang on, it would've dislocated her shoulder.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed. The Bat should've dropped immediately, and Vale should've fallen with him, as the grappler was being yanked out of her hand. If she somehow managed to hang on, it would've dislocated her shoulder.
Maybe not if she was prepared but Kim Basinger played the character like she was freaked out in almost all her scenes. So I agree she should not have held onto the grappler because it would have taken her completely by surprise. Then Bruce could have cursed her out all the way down lol.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
No, I am saying the law of gravity means Batman falls 32 feet per second once he releases his hold on the cable. Batman should practically disappear out of the close up shot well-within a split second if it happened in real life.

As far as strength, it still gets me how easily Vale disengages the grappler from his utility belt. Even if he was transferring most of his weight from the belt to the cable by tightly holding the cable, it should not have been that easy to remove it especially with one hand.
You do realize that Laws of Gravity, Laws of Physics and innumerable Natural Laws are broken in every Superhero movie, TV show ever made, right? Just saying..... :muttley:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Friday Box Office: ‘Black Adam’ Drops 72%, ‘Terrifier 2’ Continues To Defy Gravity
By Scott Mendelson | Forbes
October 29, 2022

In holdover news, Warner Bros. Discovery’s Black Adam topped again with $7.5 million to bring its cume to $90.939 million. That’s a sharp 72% drop, but it’s frankly par for the course for big-budget DC/Marvel superhero movies that do not set the world on fire. It’s a sharper first-Friday to second-Friday drop than Shazam! (-68%) but better than the second-Friday drops for Thor: Love and Thunder (-80%), Eternals (-75%) and Venom: Let There Be Carnage (-76%). If it gets a kid-centric boost today, as did Shazam! in 2019, we’re looking at a $29 million (-57%) weekend and $112 million ten-day cume. If it just plays like a regular superhero biggie, it’ll earn around $25 million (-63%) for a $108 million cume. Still, legs like Shazam, Thor 4 or Venom 2 after day ten gets the $195 million Dwayne Johnson flick to $160-$165 million domestic.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yahya Abdul-Mateen Cast As The Lead In Marvel’s ‘Wonder Man’ Series
By Melissa Romualdi | ET Canada
October 31, 2022

CP153958871.jpg

Yahya Abdul-Mateen II is getting ready to make the switch from DC to Marvel as the lead in the upcoming Disney+ series “Wonder Man”.

The actor’s new character, also known as Simon Williams, is “the son of the industrialist Sanford Williams” who “assumes control of his munitions outfit” following the death of his father. However, he sees the suit’s “successes limited when it comes into competition with Tony Stark’s Stark Industries,” as per Deadline.

Simon receives his ion-based superpowers, including super strength, as he works under the villainous Baron Zemo. He also establishes himself as an antagonist to The Avengers, however he later chooses to join the superhero team.

Read more

nobody

Reaction score
October 31, 2022

CP153958871.jpg

Yahya Abdul-Mateen II is getting ready to make the switch from DC to Marvel as the lead in the upcoming Disney+ series “Wonder Man”.

The actor’s new character, also known as Simon Williams, is “the son of the industrialist Sanford Williams” who “assumes control of his munitions outfit” following the death of his father. However, he sees the suit’s “successes limited when it comes into competition with Tony Stark’s Stark Industries,” as per Deadline.

Simon receives his ion-based superpowers, including super strength, as he works under the villainous Baron Zemo. He also establishes himself as an antagonist to The Avengers, however he later chooses to join the superhero team.

Read more

He has a good physique, but I hope he bulks up a little bit more to more accurately fit the role.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Avatar 2's epic runtime has been revealed
By Stefania Sarrubba | Digital Spy
October 31, 2022

Set aside a few hours for James Cameron's Avatar: The Way of Water, as the upcoming film has been confirmed to be longer than the first chapter.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the follow-up to 2009's Avatar is set to last half an hour more compared to the first film, with a runtime of three hours and ten minutes (credits included).

13 years in the making, The Way of Water will grace our cinema screens in December.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
‘DC’s Stargirl’ Will End After Season 3 At The CW
By | Deadline
October 31, 2022

STG111d_0004r-e1602259392374.jpg

DC’s Stargirl is coming to an end. The series will conclude with its third season, which is currently airing on The CW.

New episodes will continue to air on Wednesdays through December 7.

The series, created by Geoff Johns, stars Brec Bassinger as high school student Courtney Whitmore, the character that started Johns’ career as a comic book writer when he created her in 1999, inspired by his sister who was killed in a 1996 plane crash.

The cancellation of DC’s Stargirl comes less than a month after Nexstar Media Group completed its acquisition of the network and is the latest series coming to an end. It joins the likes of series such as The Flash, Riverdale and Nancy Drew, which are also finishing.

Read more

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
October 31, 2022

CP153958871.jpg

Read more
Stan Lee couldn't come up with a better name than "Wonder Man"?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, while Wonder Woman isn't a great name either, IMO, "Wonder Man" automatically makes me think of Wonder Woman, which kinda castrates him from get go.
It may shock you that I disagree about Wonder Woman. :p WW performs feats that leave people in awe or wonder. ;)

Wonder Man is simply the lesser known of the two. His anatomy is infused with ionic energy. It is a wonder than he even exists. He has died before and his resurrection is a wonder in itself. He has a string of abilities that are pretty darn wonderous. It is pretty basic and not catchy but simply put, he is Wonder Man.

Slightly off-topic but I wonder (pun intended) if they will spark any romantic relationships for Simon now that the Scarlet Witch is "off the market." Ms. Marvel and he shared a thing once but Carol is now Captain Marvel. Would that even work? And how would they possibly match-make them if it did?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It may shock you that I disagree about Wonder Woman. :p WW performs feats that leave people in awe or wonder. ;)

Wonder Man is simply the lesser known of the two. His anatomy is infused with ionic energy. It is a wonder than he even exists. He has died before and his resurrection is a wonder in itself. He has a string of abilities that are pretty darn wonderous. It is pretty basic and not catchy but simply put, he is Wonder Man.

Slightly off-topic but I wonder (pun intended) if they will spark any romantic relationships for Simon now that the Scarlet Witch is "off the market." Ms. Marvel and he shared a thing once but Carol is now Captain Marvel. Would that even work? And how would they possibly match-make them if it did?
IDK, "Awesome Dude" sounds better and funnier than "Wonder Man". :muttley:

joseephuss

Reaction score
That is kinda like asking why William Moulton Marston could not think of a better name than "Wonder Woman." :muttley:

I don't think Wonder Man is a bad name in itself. It just seems a little bland because Wonder Woman was already in use. It would be the same if reversed and Wonder Woman was created 22 years after an existing Wonder Man.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't think Wonder Man is a bad name in itself. It just seems a little bland because Wonder Woman was already in use. It would be the same if reversed and Wonder Woman was created 22 years after an existing Wonder Man.
Exactly. Seems like a blatant ripoff.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
‘Smallville’ Creators Have 1 Gripe With Marvel Shows, but Love ‘The Boys’
By Fred Topel | Shobiz Cheat Sheet
November 2, 2022

Why Miles Millar likes ‘The Boys’ more than Marvel shows

The Boys is sort of the anti-superhero show where the superheroes are the villains. That’s more appealing to Millar than Disney+’s litany of interconnected Marvel Cinematic Universe shows.

“Things like The Boys, the evolution of that show which I think is fantastic,” Millar said on TV’s Top Five. “That’s something that feels like a new iteration whereas the Marvel shows feel like yeah, that’s more of the same.”

Miles Millar considers Marvel shows homework

For many Marvel fans, the interconnectedness of the movies and TV shows is a selling point. For Millar, it just sucks the joy out of the individual shows.

“It’s feeling more corporate to me but people feel a need to watch so they can fill in those chapters and interconnect and make sure they can understand the next movie,” Millar said. “It’s like okay, it just feels like unless you want to engage in that, it’s not appetizing for me anyway as a viewer. It just feels like hard work now. It feels like they’re victims of their own success in many ways.”

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
10 Iconic DC & Marvel Characters Who Didn't Originate in the Comics
By Diego Pineda Pacheco | Collider
November 2, 2022

The worlds of DC and Marvel are intricately rich. They're expansive mythologies with countless iconic characters that have been forever ingrained in popular culture. However, not all of these characters come from the world of comics, which both companies originate from.

Both DC and Marvel have highly popular characters which hail from media other than comics, like DC's Jimmy Olsen and Marvel's Phil Coulson. If anything, this proves that the vastness of these two entertainment giants works in their favor more often than not.

Read more

• Marvel — Leo Fitz Really Came Into His Own
  • DC — Nora Fries Is Mr. Freeze's Main Motivation
  • Marvel — H.E.R.B.I.E. Had Big Shoes to Fill
  • DC — The Question Is Who Doesn't Love Renee Montoya
  • Marvel — Firestar Is a Team Player Like No Other
  • DC — Jimmy Olsen Has Survived the Passage of Time
  • Marvel — Phil Coulson is An MCU-Original Character Done Right
  • DC — Terry McGinnis Drew a Loyal Cult Following
  • Marvel — X-23 Is One of Marvel's Most Powerful Heroes
  • DC — Harley Quinn Needs No Introduction

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Punisher #7 Preview: Punisher vs. Daredevil Over Punisher's Wife
By Jude Terror | Bleeding Cool
November 1, 2022

The Punisher assaults Daredevil for trying to talk to his wife in this preview of Punisher #7. Jealous much, Frank?

75960620044300721.jpg

PUNISHER2022007_Preview-4.jpeg

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ryan Coogler Says 'Terminator 2' Inspired 'Black Panther: Wakanda Forever'
By Tamera Jones | Collider
November 1, 2022

<snip>

While sitting down to discuss the new sequel, Collider's Editor-in-Chief Steve Weintraub commended Coogler for the believable villains featured in both Black Panther films. Though ruthless, Killmonger fought his whole life for a cause that was dear to him. Similarly, in Wakanda Forever Namor may pose a threat to Wakanda, but his battles are for Talocan, his undersea realm. When asked what his secret is to creating a great villain is, Coogler said, "Actually, for me, I don't see them as villains," adding that he views these rivals strictly as antagonists. In the worlds of Marvel and DC, so often we're presented with black-and-white concepts. Coogler aims to challenge that notion, muddying the water between right and wrong depending on whose movie you're watching. The director added that he doesn't seek to "govern people's words," but that he chooses to see his characters through all lenses. His approach to filmmaking is inspired by films he admires.

Coogler credits 1991's Terminator 2 as a "big inspiration" for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, saying, "I think about them as, you know, this is a character that's going to come in conflict with my protagonist. And it'd be interesting if they want the same things, but because of who they are and what shaped them, they want to get those things in different ways and their means come in conflict with each other. And it comes to a head. That's kind of like how movies I like are structured." He went on to explain:

"Terminator 2 is a big inspiration for this movie. Big time. And you think about what T-1000 wants, and what Arnold Schwarzenegger's robot wants. They both want John Connor, but T-1000 wants to kill him, Arnold Schwarzenegger's character wants to protect him. That's the movie. And I look at it like that and also try to spend time with them. Not too much, you know what I'm saying? But enough that you understand where they're coming from and that you believe them when they make threats."

Read more