Comics and Movies

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Michelle Pfeiffer Was ‘Obsessed’ With Catwoman, But Says Landing The Role Was A Fluke
By Adreon Patterson | Cinema Blend
December 21, 2022

5h5qWFS5h5XL9WvZVXgvhi-1200-80.jpg.webp

While multiple actors have played Batman’s love interest/foe Catwoman over the decades, many will still say Michelle Pfeiffer is their favorite version. The Oscar-nominated actress left an impression as she brought the cat-loving DC villain to the big screen in 1992’s Batman Returns. While audiences couldn’t imagine another actor playing the character, Pfeiffer revealed landing the role was a fluke after exposing herself as a Catwoman fanatic.

Even three decades after playing the DC femme fatale, the Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania star is still asked about her memorable take. While promoting the upcoming Ant-Man sequel, the Hollywood A-lister was interviewed on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon. Despite nabbing notable roles over her illustrious career, Pfeiffer admitted she has stage fright and has backed out or gotten dismissed from roles she’s taken. However, there was one exception as she admitted to being obsessed with the iconic DC character. Although she almost didn’t score the role in Batman Returns as the Hollywood star explained she wasn't the first choice for the role:

"No, I didn’t. Because I was obsessed with Catwoman since I was a little girl. And actually, someone was cast before me: Anette Bening, who is wonderful. And then she got pregnant, awesome. And then I got the part!"

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Warner Bros. to Return to Super Bowl After 17-Year Absence With ‘The Flash’ Promo (Exclusive)
By Umberto Gonzalez | The Wrap
December 22, 2022

Warner Bros. Discovery is making a big splash and returning to the Super Bowl after a 17-year absence with a promo for “The Flash,” TheWrap has exclusively learned.

Super Bowl LVII will take place on Sunday, Feb. 12, 2023. The buzz on the film is so good that five days later, the superhero film will have it’s trailer pegged in front of Marvel Studios “Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania” which opens in theaters on Feb. 17, 2023.

The studio last appeared at the Super Bowl back in 2006 when promo spots for “16 Blocks,” “V for Vendetta” and “Poseidon” aired throughout the big game.

According to an insider with knowledge of the project, the film has been testing positively.

Read more

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
All Those Post-Credit Scenes In DC Movies Are Even More Pointless Now
By Shane O'Neill | Looper
December 19, 2022

With the release of 2008's "Iron Man," Marvel fans got a little something special if they stuck around after the end credits.
The film included a bonus scene depicting Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) recruiting Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) for the Avengers Initiative.
While post-credits scenes were far from a never-before-seen concept at that point, in the years that followed, the Marvel Cinematic Universe would become synonymous with them. Naturally, this success story inspired others to make them franchise traditions, including Warner Bros. with many of its DC Comics-based offerings.

Since the rise of the MCU began, we've seen countless DC stories arrive on the big screen — some more successful than others. Some of these efforts, such as "Aquaman" from 2018 and 2021's "The Suicide Squad," which foreshadow "Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom" and "Peacemaker," respectively, showed just how effective a post-credits stinger can be when it comes to building out an expansive multimedia universe. On the other hand, many of their contemporaries have struggled in this regard. Either they've included post-credits scenes that proved nothing more than jokes, or they never paid off.

Read more

That was dumb to lame duck their franchise. I’m fine with a universe reboot if it comes out well, even if it does seem like everything was a big waste of time and money. But if I hadn’t know they were about to abandon ship, I probably would have paid to see Aquaman 2 and Flash at the theater.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was dumb to lame duck their franchise. I’m fine with a universe reboot if it comes out well, even if it does seem like everything was a big waste of time and money. But if I hadn’t know they were about to abandon ship, I probably would have paid to see Aquaman 2 and Flash at the theater.
In my opinion, The Flash has transitioned from being just another cog in the DCU. It may end up being a very relevant bridge between what Warner Bros Discovery was doing before James Gunn and what he envisions down the road.

The movie's plot will center around Flashpoint, which involves the character journeying through alternate realities in time. Gunn can take the concept and create a brand-new storyboard for future projects, regardless whether those movies have any real ties to this upcoming movie. Simultaneously, the film can serve as a "preview" for the audience's expectation of what is to come.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In my opinion, The Flash has transitioned from being just another cog in the DCU. It may end up being a very relevant bridge between what Warner Bros Discovery was doing before James Gunn and what he envisions down the road.

The movie's plot will center around Flashpoint, which involves the character journeying through alternate realities in time. Gunn can take the concept and create a brand-new storyboard for future projects, regardless whether those movies have any real ties to this upcoming movie. Simultaneously, the film can serve as a "preview" for the audience's expectation of what is to come.

I was wondering about that too. I know they’ve cut cameos made by characters and actors that they’re not planning to use. I am now wondering if they will attempt to add in connections to future characters and actors?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was wondering about that too. I know they’ve cut cameos made by characters and actors that they’re not planning to use. I am now wondering if they will attempt to add in connections to future characters and actors?
I would think it is totally contingent upon any solid strategies Gun and Peter Safran have conceived at this point. The Flash has already endured numerous reshoots due to Ezra Miller's mental nonsense. It would not be unrealistic for reshooting scenes featuring new characters.

I wonder if Gunn has authorized any non-specific casting calls since he took over? Sometimes studios do them in order to find actors without revealing an actual production's material. Actors come in and read-and-act dialogue without being told exactly what kind of movie they are reading for. Of course, he may already have put together a pool of candidates to choose from too.

This makes me think of the top secret brief Bruce Wayne obtained from Amanda Waller at the end of Suicide Squad, which flashed Miller's and Jason Momoa's pics. There are all types of subtle ways Gunn could easily insert new actors and characters into The Flash that would be major reveals for the DCU's new direction.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
8 Best Actresses to Replace Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman
By Savannah Sanders | The Direct
December 27, 2022

If Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman is recast for the rebooted DCU, which actresses do DC Studios have in mind to assume the mantle?

Even though Peter Safran and James Gunn have yet to confirm whether Gadot will continue in her role, there is evidence to suggest that her time has come to an end.

Not only are the two co-CEOs recasting Superman for the new DCU, but the studio has already rejected Patty Jenkins' Wonder Woman 3 script and reportedly cut the character's cameo in 2023's The Flash.

Read more

Adria Arjona
adria-arjona-star-wars.jpg

Elizabeth Debicki
debicki.jpg

Jodie Comer
comer-jodie.jpg

Jessica Henwick
jessica-henwick-marvel.jpg

Eiza González
eiza-gonzalez.jpg

Ella Balinska
moni.jpg

Monica Barbaro

monicab.jpg

Christian Serratos
christian-serratos-amc.jpg

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
December 27, 2022

If Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman is recast for the rebooted DCU, which actresses do DC Studios have in mind to assume the mantle?

Even though Peter Safran and James Gunn have yet to confirm whether Gadot will continue in her role, there is evidence to suggest that her time has come to an end.

Not only are the two co-CEOs recasting Superman for the new DCU, but the studio has already rejected Patty Jenkins' Wonder Woman 3 script and reportedly cut the character's cameo in 2023's The Flash.

Read more

Adria Arjona

Elizabeth Debicki
debicki.jpg

Jodie Comer
comer-jodie.jpg

Jessica Henwick

Eiza González
eiza-gonzalez.jpg

Ella Balinska
moni.jpg

Monica Barbaro

monicab.jpg

Christian Serratos

Going with your pictures, I like Pic#1 - Adria. Wonder Woman has to be hot, dark (no blondes or blue eyes), athletic, tall and look like she could kick some you know what.

They are smart not to make a comment on this. Probably one of the better casting choices and the most popular movie premier. Never thought about it, but I liked her accent too, even if it's not Greek. Feels natural for a character with her back story.

nobody

Reaction score
December 27, 2022

Read more

Adria Arjona

Elizabeth Debicki
debicki.jpg

Jodie Comer
comer-jodie.jpg

Jessica Henwick

Eiza González
eiza-gonzalez.jpg

Ella Balinska
moni.jpg

Monica Barbaro

monicab.jpg

Christian Serratos

Gotta go with either Adria Arjona or Eiza González or Monica Barbaro Of all of those listed. I don't think any of them quite fit. It would be really hard to top Gal Gadot for the appropriate look.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Gotta go with either Adria Arjona or Eiza González or Monica Barbaro Of all of those listed. I don't think any of them quite fit. It would be really hard to top Gal Gadot for the appropriate look.
The first two I agree with, but my 3rd choice would be Ella Balinska. She had a look that's exotic, but not overly exotic.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
‘The Lynx’ Is An Enigma Based On A Mystery Steeped In Comics Nostalgia
By Rob Salkowitz | Forbes
December 29, 2022

0x0.jpg

It’s often said that art imitates life. Well, here’s an example of art coming to life by imitating art imitating lives based around art.

The fabricator of this exquisite Russian nesting doll is Alex Segura, author of the acclaimed best-selling mystery thriller Secret SCRT +0.4% Identity, published earlier this year by Flatiron Books. Segura, who is either an author moonlighting as a comics executive or vice versa, penned a clever roman a clef about the industry in the 1970s, when the mainstream notoriety (and financial success) of all things comics was a far-flung, nearly inconceivable fantasy. Here in the 2020s, inevitably, there is now also a comic - but one with a twist.

Secret Identity specifically centered on a mythical character called the Lynx, created by a pioneering feminist writer named Carmen Valdez, working behind the “beard” of established male hacks, and published by an also-ran imprint called Triumph Comics. Intrigue around the origins of the character (minor spoilers!) proved the impetus for mayhem and murder, as readers of the acclaimed novel eventually discovered.

Read more

quickccc

Reaction score
December 27, 2022

Read more

Adria Arjona

Elizabeth Debicki
debicki.jpg

Jodie Comer
comer-jodie.jpg

Jessica Henwick

Eiza González
eiza-gonzalez.jpg

Ella Balinska
moni.jpg

Monica Barbaro

monicab.jpg

Christian Serratos

Adria Arjona hands down among the mentioned candidates ...

0712115a900dbbb4544c5b588a4bbeee.jpg

i know Eiza González from the Dusk til Dawn series and i'm not as in fond with her as Wonder Woman ...the rest just doesn't strike me as WW candidates .

Gunn rejected Patty Jenkins " script " as WW3 .. good riddance if it was connected to that utterly dreadful WW 84 ...bye bye script and director ...
but i just gotta have Gal Gadot back .. ! :(

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Breaks Box Office Record It Should Never Have Been Able To
By Anthony Lund | MovieWeb / We Got This Covered
December 30, 2022

F
rom the start, Marvel’s Black Panther movies have broken records and changed the face of superhero movies. Now, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever has been shattering another major milestone when it comes to female-led movies in the genre. According to the latest box office volumes, the MCU movie has become the highest grossing female-led superhero movie domestically, leaping past Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman and Black Widow to take the crown.

Following the death of Chadwick Boseman, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever had to undergo a lot of changes to its script in order to address the death of both the actor, and in unison, his on-screen character of T’Challa. This included the Black Panther sequel losing its male lead, and replacing him with Letitia Wright’s Shuri, who appears alongside Angela Bassett, Danai Gurira and Lupita Nyong’o as the movie’s central character. By this change, the film’s success has seen it break a record that under other circumstances it would not have even been in contention to challenge.

The latest figures from Box Office Mojo put Black Panther: Wakanda Forever’s domestic gross at $431.5 million, which is just enough to topple Captain Marvel with its $426.8 million, and shuffle Wonder Woman ($412.8 million) and Black Widow (a pandemic impacted $183.65 million). It is unlikely that Black Panther: Wakanda Forever will manage to overtake the pre-<censored> worldwide gross of Captain Marvel, but with so many contributing factors such as post-<censored> audience volumes and certain countries not releasing the movie, the box office achievement is still something to be celebrated.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
James Gunn Addresses Disney Interference in Guardians of the Galaxy 3
By Anthony Lund | Movie Web
December 31, 2022

James Gunn is entering the final leg of his Marvel journey as he comes close to completing editing on Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3. Despite having taken over as the join CEO of DC Studios, Gunn is fully committed to ending his Marvel run on a high, and that means giving his all to the last installment of the Guardians trilogy. Gunn recently addressed a suggestion by one of his Twitter followers that Disney could be getting involved in the editing of the movie. He said:

“No, they aren’t. They’ve never touched any of the Guardians’ movies. The movie’s almost finished being edited, is in great shape, and Fred and Greg (my editors) and I are the only ones editing anything.”

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
James Cameron Says He Will 'Mourn' the Movies He Cannot Make Due to Telling Avatar's Story
December 29, 2022

James Cameron is set to make Avatar his career magnum opus, and even if the franchise comes to an end with Avatar 5 the director will have given around three decades to telling the story the Na’vi and Pandora. With Cameron having already hinted that there could be at least two more movies beyond that in contention, it is possible that he will spend the rest of his career making Avatar movies. While responding to a question by RRR director S. S. Rajamouli via Empire magazine, Cameron addressed how he would feel about the other stories he could have told. He said:

"Two thoughts in answer to your question: the first is that the world of Avatar is so sprawling that I can tell most of the stories I want to tell within it and try many of the stylistic techniques that I hope to explore, and secondly, yes... our time as artists is finite. I will always mourn some of the stories that I don't get to make. I feel a great satisfaction when other directors want to explore some of my ideas, like Kathryn Bigelow did with Strange Days, and Robert Rodriguez did when I passed him the baton on Alita: Battle Angel. I look forward to more collaborations in the future with directors I admire."​

Read more

:rolleyes:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
James Cameron Says He Will 'Mourn' the Movies He Cannot Make Due to Telling Avatar's Story
December 29, 2022

James Cameron is set to make Avatar his career magnum opus, and even if the franchise comes to an end with Avatar 5 the director will have given around three decades to telling the story the Na’vi and Pandora. With Cameron having already hinted that there could be at least two more movies beyond that in contention, it is possible that he will spend the rest of his career making Avatar movies. While responding to a question by RRR director S. S. Rajamouli via Empire magazine, Cameron addressed how he would feel about the other stories he could have told. He said:

"Two thoughts in answer to your question: the first is that the world of Avatar is so sprawling that I can tell most of the stories I want to tell within it and try many of the stylistic techniques that I hope to explore, and secondly, yes... our time as artists is finite. I will always mourn some of the stories that I don't get to make. I feel a great satisfaction when other directors want to explore some of my ideas, like Kathryn Bigelow did with Strange Days, and Robert Rodriguez did when I passed him the baton on Alita: Battle Angel. I look forward to more collaborations in the future with directors I admire."​

Read more

:rolleyes:
This guy's ego is just out of control. Even when he isn't ragging on someone else, he just has a way of wording things that makes me cringe a bit.