DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

10 Best Anime Series For People Who Hate Anime

By Omar Faruque | Dual Shockers
April 21, 2023

Anime is a medium of storytelling, and it has everything that any other medium can offer. Maybe some bits of it seem strange or uncomfortable to some people, but it's such a diverse medium that you can't just paint it all with one brush.

Fortunately, there are some great anime shows that even an ardent hater would have a hard time dropping. Some of these explore stories that break cultural barriers, while others use the creative freedom of animation to hook you in. These brilliant gateway shows are for people who usually hate anime.

Read more

10 One-Punch Man
09 Ping Pong The Animation
08 Baccano!
07 Grand Blue Dreaming
06 Haibane Renmeia
05 Space Dandy
4 Attack On Titan
03 The Tatami Galaxy
02 Psycho-Pass
01 Aho Girl

To be honest, I have only watched two of the series fully, One Punch Man and Attack On Titan. I gave Space Dandy and Psycho-Pass a try but they did not grab me the first time. Perhaps I will give them another shot.

The other six series I have no clue about. It kinda surprised me that none of them have caught my attention until now.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Star Trek: Picard's Final Scene Came From 45 Minutes of Footage

By James Whitbrook | Gizmodo
April 21, 2023

1d6615ffcf26bcdea3b013c9e3e6dc68.jpg

Star Trek: Picard’s final episode is an hour of spectacle and gleeful Trek love, and it’s hard to imagine just how the series could’ve reasonably topped it. That is, until we learned there’s a 45-minute version of that last scene out there, apparently.

WARNING: Article contains spoilers

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Superman: Lost Art Teases an Interstellar Affair With a Green Lantern

By Brandon Schreur | CBR
April 21, 2023

Superman: Lost cover art created by artist Lee Weeks teases an interstellar affair between the Man of Steel and a Green Lantern.

Revealed in DC Comics' solicitations for July 2023, Weeks' Superman: Lost #5 variant shows the Last Son of Krypton kissing a Green Lantern. While the solicitation text for the issue doesn't hint at who Clark Kent might be kissing, DC's Superman: Lost series revolves around the Man of Steel being stuck in space for two decades after a routine mission involving the Justice League goes horribly wrong. So far, the Green Lantern that Clark is kissing in Weeks' cover has not shown up in the first two issues of Superman: Lost.

Read more

QMaOmQ7.jpg

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

Fantastic Four: Adam Driver Reportedly in Final Talks to Join the MCU​

A new report claimed that Adam Driver is in final talks to star in the Marvel Cinematic Universe's Fantastic Four reboot.
According to reputable scooper Daniel Richtman, Driver is currently finalizing a deal with Marvel Studios to play the Fantastic Four's Reed Richards. Driver's name has floated around the project for months, at different times rumored to play a major role in Fantastic Four as early as October 2022, though the reports did not indicate which character he might portray.

https://www.cbr.com/fantastic-four-adam-driver-reed-richards-mcu/

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

A new report claimed that Adam Driver is in final talks to star in the Marvel Cinematic Universe's Fantastic Four reboot.
According to reputable scooper Daniel Richtman, Driver is currently finalizing a deal with Marvel Studios to play the Fantastic Four's Reed Richards. Driver's name has floated around the project for months, at different times rumored to play a major role in Fantastic Four as early as October 2022, though the reports did not indicate which character he might portray.

Very interesting. I am not completely sold on Driver being Dr. Richards BUT I was very much against him playing Victor Von Doom. His Kylo Ren was average to just below fair in my opinion for The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi. It was not until The Rise of Skywalker that I really bought into his ability to play the 'bad guy' persona.

Whoever lands the role of Dr. Doom must be an unquestionable selection like a Robert Downey Jr., Chadwick Boseman, Zoe Saldana, etc. Someone who is the visual and breathing embodiment of the character from the very first moment on camera.

As much as I did not appreciate the first two Fantastic Four movies, I thought Julian McMahon was a good fit within a flawed formatted storyline. McMahon would not be a good fit for whatever comes next but I am hoping an actor who can portray supremely intelligence yet oozes silent malevolence WITHOUT effort.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Very interesting. I am not completely sold on Driver being Dr. Richards BUT I was very much against him playing Victor Von Doom. His Kylo Ren was average to just below fair in my opinion for The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi. It was not until The Rise of Skywalker that I really bought into his ability to play the 'bad guy' persona.

Whoever lands the role of Dr. Doom must be an unquestionable selection like a Robert Downey Jr., Chadwick Boseman, Zoe Saldana, etc. Someone who is the visual and breathing embodiment of the character from the very first moment on camera.

As much as I did not appreciate the first two Fantastic Four movies, I thought Julian McMahon was a good fit within a flawed formatted storyline. McMahon would not be a good fit for whatever comes next but I am hoping an actor who can portray supremely intelligence yet oozes silent malevolence WITHOUT effort.
I'm not sold either, I liked John Krasinski for the role, but you're right about the Dr. Doom role, whoever they cast as Doom has to "be" Dr. Doom. I didn't read many FF comics, but I did love Dr. Doom, always liked him more than the Fantastic Four....lol. The costume has to be right also, if they don't nail the actor and the look, they are "Doom"ed but not in the right way :muttley:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Terry Matalas Reacts To Constant Calls For Star Trek: Legacy, And Shares A Promising Update

By Mick Joest | CinemaBlend
April 21, 2023

<snip>

Terry Matalas is 100% on board to make Star Trek: Legacy, but the decision isn't exactly his to make. He gave me an update on where things stand at the moment in terms of a Picard spinoff happening and talked about the various factors at play that impact it:

Read more
I wish they hadn't killed off Captain Shaw. I think he could have led a great spinoff!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

That seems like a horrible casting choice, IMO. Maybe he can pull it off, but I think that's about as good as you can hope for.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Gary Oldman?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Star Trek: The Motion Picture was one of my biggest highlights as a fan of the franchise. I spent many afternoons watching the original series during my childhood. Seeing the cast return on the big screen was awesome.

The films that followed were both hits and misses. Star Trek V: The Final Frontier was definitely more miss than hit. At the time, I was worried whether that movie would be 'it'. The cast was not getting any younger. Time is fickle and it was quickly running out for that special group of actors.

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country gave them one last opportunity to put a bow on those who started a legacy embraced by fans around the world. The film accomplished just that. A warm, fuzzy conclusion of an ensemble that would be remembered fondly by those who loved them best.

I still remember how I felt at the end of Star Trek: Nemesis. As almost always, Tom Hardy gave a standout performance as a villain unlike any that Picard's crew had ever faced before. The movie ended not unlike that of a loved one's funeral with a touch of inspiration for the audience to leave the theater with. It lacked that unique feeling of finality though. And warm feelings.

Picard's final season, especially The Last Generation finale, was Star Trek: The Next Generation's 'Undiscovered Country' emotional curtain call. Everyone was back. Everyone tackled the impossible. Everyone succeeded in the face of certain defeat. At the end, the audience got a last look at a group of folks, who entertained a, excuse the pun, new and old generation of fans.

LeVar Burton is the brat of the bunch at 66. Marina Sirtis' 68. Michael Dorn's 70. Jonathan Frakes' 71. Brent Spiner and Gates McFadden are 74. It could be clearly seen AND felt how much they enjoyed going where no one has gone before, together, one last time. It was a fitting farewell tribute, most of all, for soon-to-be 83 year-old Patrick Stewart, an actor who I never thought would make me appreciate him as much as William Shatner at the beginning.

Now? I have replayed the last couple of minutes of watching them playing cards together. Having fun together. Looking at Stewart laughing out loud with obvious joy of having old familiar company around him. I feel blessed to have seen Captain Jean-Luc Picard close out a truly exceptional run for a character who will outlast Stewart and me by many a decade.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Batman Beyond is Back in An All-New Noir Horror Series

By Jonathan Jones | Screen Rant
April 25, 2023

batman-beyond-neo-gothic-1-max-dunbar-banner.jpg

Terry McGinnis's adventures as Batman Beyond continue this summer in an all-new series. This future timeline of the iconic DC Animated Universe is known for its cyberpunk aesthetic. The new miniseries adds to this premise, emphasizing the noir and horror elements at play in Neo-Gotham. Fans of the original show or the limited series Batman Beyond: Neo-Year need only wait until this July to see where Terry's tenure as Batman heads next.

Announced earlier this month by DC Comics, McGinnis' story resumes in Batman Beyond: Neo-Gothic #1 by Collin Kelly, Jackson Lanzing, and Max Dunbar. The creative trio brought Neo-Year to readers last year and has returned for this sequel. After overcoming the efforts of an ambitious AI, Terry must face a new threat that's risen from the remains of Old Gotham to threaten the city the new Batman has sworn himself to protect. Mysterious splicers, magic, and villains long forgotten are tied up in the sins of Gotham's past. Along with the press release came Dunbar's cover for the first issue, as well as variants from Christian Ward, Ejikure, Belén Ortega, and Dike Ruan.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

10 Marvel Heroes With The Greatest Legacies

By David Harth | CBR
April 25, 2023

Sometimes, Marvel doesn't seem as venerable as its distinguished competition, but this definitely isn't the case. Marvel has existed in some form since the Golden Age and has created characters who left superheroic legacies that change comics and superheroes forever. The Marvel heroes with the greatest legacies are among the greatest characters in all superhero comics.

Marvel doesn't hinge on legacy as much as DC, but that doesn't mean that it hasn't been just as important. Some Marvel legacies are more than just related characters hanging out together. Marvel heroes like Captain America leave a lasting impact on everyone they meet, ever increasing their inspirational legacy.

Read more

10 Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell. NOT, I repeat, NOT Carol Danvers.)
09 Thor
08 Hank Pym
07 Professor X
06 The Fantastic Four
05 Iron Man
04 The Hulk
03 Captain America
02 Wolverine
01 Spider-Man

My only original objection was Hank at number eight ahead of Thor. However, I started thinking of all the amazing stuff (and crap) Dr. Pym's genius and bouts of mental instability got him and everyone else into. Simply creating Ultron puts him into a Top 10 in my opinion. His numerous triumphs and tragedies boost him up the list.

Seeing Mar-Vell on the author's list put a smile on my face. The character's comic title was never a headliner. In fact, a good portion of his legacy were appearances in other characters' titles. Even so, there are few fictional superheroes more deserving of the label hero, belonging to any comics publisher, than the wielder of the cosmic Nega Bands. And I STILL love his red and blue uniform more than most characters' outfits.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

Star Trek: Picard's Final Scene Came From 45 Minutes of Footage

By James Whitbrook | Gizmodo
April 21, 2023

1d6615ffcf26bcdea3b013c9e3e6dc68.jpg

Star Trek: Picard’s final episode is an hour of spectacle and gleeful Trek love, and it’s hard to imagine just how the series could’ve reasonably topped it. That is, until we learned there’s a 45-minute version of that last scene out there, apparently.

Read more
Makes me feel old now that I’ve seen TWO Star Trek crews turn into old men.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

19 minutes may be way too long for non-geeks but it is a nice, relaxed recollection roundtable with Louise Simonson, Walter Simonson and the legendary Chris Claremont. 60 years. I literally grew up with these characters, long before they became a part of pop culture around the world.

Between video marks 0:44 and 1:20 are true milestones from the uncannies. The original issue from the 60's. The new X-Men featuring Wolverine and Storm. Jean Grey's original birth as The Phoenix. The 90's #1 issue that sold MILLIONS! And more. Good stuff.