DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Power Girl and Fire & Ice get their own Dawn of DC titles

By George Marston | Yahoo! Entertainment/gamesradar+
April 26, 2023

'Dawn of DC' is expanding again with two new titles starring cult classic DC heroes in a new modern context - in this case a title featuring Power Girl and one featuring the duo of Fire & Ice, both spinning out of May's upcoming Power Girl Special #1.

First up, the new Power Girl title by writer Leah Williams and artist Eduardo Pansica brings the Kara Zor-El of Earth-Two (who now goes by the name 'Paige') further into the fold of the Superman Family, with Kal-El's alt-reality cousin being enlisted to take on an ancient Kryptonian threat that arises following the events of DC's upcoming Knight Terrors crossover.

Read more

P1L7Qcg.jpg

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

19 minutes may be way too long for non-geeks but it is a nice, relaxed recollection roundtable with Louise Simonson, Walter Simonson and the legendary Chris Claremont. 60 years. I literally grew up with these characters, long before they became a part of pop culture around the world.

Between video marks 0:44 and 1:20 are true milestones from the uncannies. The original issue from the 60's. The new X-Men featuring Wolverine and Storm. Jean Grey's original birth as The Phoenix. The 90's #1 issue that sold MILLIONS! And more. Good stuff.

I will always respect Claremont’s work but I will never forget his tantrum that is Avengers Annual #10. Writers have no business grinding their axes in the pages of comic books.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That can't be the whole lineup. If it is, that is funny
lol. No. It is someone's opinion of certain New Avengers, who could hypothetically beat The Hulk one-on-one and the odds of doing so successfully. I typed the word hypothetically with a straight face. :laugh:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
lol. No. It is someone's opinion of certain New Avengers, who could hypothetically beat The Hulk one-on-one and the odds of doing so successfully. I typed the word hypothetically with a straight face. :laugh:
The sad thing is most of them are watered down copies of original heroes.... She-Hulk, She-Thor, She-Panther, Iron-She, "Captain" America etc. none are as good as the originals.
Kinda like the "Dream Team" that had Jordan, Bird, Magic, Barkley etc. to ones later that had guys like Boozer, Carmelo, Richard Jefferson? :facepalm: it just ain't the same and harder to get too excited about..... :(

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only one on that list that I think would have a remote chance of beating Hulk in all honesty is Vision. His phasing gives him a chance. Reach into head, squeeze brain. Done.
The video's creator gave America Chavez a 10% of beating The Hulk. It was not a coldblooded evaluation. America can portal teleport an opponent into outer space or the center of a star.

Her MCU appearance does not do her any justice since her true durability, speed and super strength would keep her in a fight with The Hulk just long enough to get the job done. Then again, she does not have a killer mentality like Wolverine or Deadpool, so killing would be the last thing she would consider using to stop Banner. So, he would still likely beat her in most scenarios but I would place her chances at 70%.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

New Data Reveals Top 10 Most Popular Superhero Movies In 2023

By Gillian Blum | The Direct
April 30, 2023

<snip>

TheWrap revealed a chart from Parrot Analytics mapping out the 10 "most in-demand superhero movies" in the United States between January 1 and April 23, 2023.

According to Parrot Analytics, "in-demand" refers to a conglomeration of excitement, engagement, and popularity. It is measured with sources such as "search engines, wikis ... fan and critic rating sites, ... blogs and micro-blogging sites, social media platforms ... open streaming platforms," among others.

Essentially, the data is comparing each superhero movie's hype, excitement, popularity and level of interaction, and comparing it to the average over a given time period.

Read more

10. Shazam! Fury of the Gods
09. Joker
08. Zack Snyder's Justice League
07. Deadpool
06. Avengers: Endgame
05. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
04. The Batman
03. Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania
02. Spider-Man: No Way Home
01. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

dsturgeon

Reaction score

New Data Reveals Top 10 Most Popular Superhero Movies In 2023

By Gillian Blum | The Direct
April 30, 2023

<snip>

TheWrap revealed a chart from Parrot Analytics mapping out the 10 "most in-demand superhero movies" in the United States between January 1 and April 23, 2023.

According to Parrot Analytics, "in-demand" refers to a conglomeration of excitement, engagement, and popularity. It is measured with sources such as "search engines, wikis ... fan and critic rating sites, ... blogs and micro-blogging sites, social media platforms ... open streaming platforms," among others.

Essentially, the data is comparing each superhero movie's hype, excitement, popularity and level of interaction, and comparing it to the average over a given time period.

Read more

10. Shazam! Fury of the Gods
09. Joker
08. Zack Snyder's Justice League
07. Deadpool
06. Avengers: Endgame
05. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
04. The Batman
03. Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania
02. Spider-Man: No Way Home
01. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
this is a very good reason to never trust peoples movie reviews

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
this is a very good reason to never trust peoples movie reviews
I agree for the most part but I do tend to lean towards a reviewer's opinion if they exhibit knowledge of the source material. An adaptation should be a close reflection of what something actually is, not what someone thinks it should be. Just my opinion.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
For the better part of a week, I kept seeing rumors in my feeds that Mila Kunis was going to be cast in the latest Fantastic Four project and that she was being considered for the part of......... Ben Grimm, a gender swapped Thing o_O The reactions I saw online were about what you would expect, most were outraged, confused, shocked and then there were the few that thought it was awesome (a definite sign that they were off their meds, crying out for attention, reaching out for help or a combination of of all three).

Fortunately, Mila came out and squashed the rumor that she was not going to be in FF. I figured it was just a bad rumor, but can't help that there was a small part of me that was concerned that they just might do such a ridiculous thing. There was also a small conspiracy theorist part of me that thought that maybe they did toy with the idea and let the rumor slip out to gauge the public response.

Mila Kunis Confirms She’s Not in New ‘Fantastic Four’ Film, But She “Knows Who Is”​

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...-kunis-not-in-fantastic-four-film-1235475929/

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
For the better part of a week, I kept seeing rumors in my feeds that Mila Kunis was going to be cast in the latest Fantastic Four project and that she was being considered for the part of......... Ben Grimm, a gender swapped Thing o_O The reactions I saw online were about what you would expect, most were outraged, confused, shocked and then there were the few that thought it was awesome (a definite sign that they were off their meds, crying out for attention, reaching out for help or a combination of of all three).

Fortunately, Mila came out and squashed the rumor that she was not going to be in FF. I figured it was just a bad rumor, but can't help that there was a small part of me that was concerned that they just might do such a ridiculous thing. There was also a small conspiracy theorist part of me that thought that maybe they did toy with the idea and let the rumor slip out to gauge the public response.

Mila Kunis Confirms She’s Not in New ‘Fantastic Four’ Film, But She “Knows Who Is”​

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...-kunis-not-in-fantastic-four-film-1235475929/
Oh no, it's gonna be Natalie Portman!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
She’s 41 years old. If they’re initially casting for the franchise, I think they’d have to go much younger.
She'll have about 30 seconds of onscreen time, then they'll take her makeup off and she'll be The Thing.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Hopefully one day, social media will adopt some generalized sense of honesty because too many sick puppies have had access to it for way too long. :laugh: Unfortunately, I believe I will be pushing up daisies long before that possibility happens. :(

That said, Marvel Comics created several She-Thing characters. I do not remember Ben Grimm being one of them.

A team associate named Sharon Ventura was temporarily transformed into She-Thing. Then she was revealed to be a Skrull. It is possible someone in the interwebs morphed that bit of trivia into a gender swapped Thing..? Who knows? Skrulls ARE coming back though in Secret Invasion. Maybe there is a tie-in somewhere but the Skrull re-introduction happens way before the FF 2025 premiere.

However, the MCU has moved solidly into a multiverse phase of movies. A She-Thing Benjamin (Benjamina???) Grimm could easily exist outside the MCU's Earth-616 universe.

Oh wait. I recall a story or two where team members had their powers involuntarily switched between themselves but those did not include gender switching though (I think). This is starting to make my head hurt... :confused: