Comics and Movies

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Superman Legacy Casts Nathan Fillion as a Green Lantern Alongside Hawkgirl and Mister Terrific

By Kat Bailey | IGN
July 11, 2023

nathanfillion-guygardner-blogroll-1689114259947.jpg

Nathan Fillion is joining James Gunn's Superman Legacy film as a Green Lantern, with Edi Gathegi and Isabela Merced also announced for the film's cast. They join David Corenswet, who will play the Man of Steel, and Rachel Brosnahan as Lois Lane. Vanity Fair was the first to report the story.

Fillion will play Guy Gardner, a "hulking mass of masculinity" who is also somehow likable despite being, well, obnoxious. Having played a similar role in Dr. Horrible, where he portrayed superhero Captain Hammer, Fillion seems like the perfect choice. The character is known for his red bowl haircut, which Vanity Fair confirms will be part of Fillion's look in the new movie.

Read more
I hate these links. I start reading the article and it scrolls back to the beginning every 5 or 10 seconds.
I assume this is an animated series?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It looks good but I am still in wait-and-see mode. Everything about it does feel like it is a good continuation of Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels. The series will be very good or even great if it can accomplish that.

I have watched all these characters mature in an animation format. I am eager to see how they transition to live action.

Just getting the opportunity of seeing the evolution of Anakin Skywalker's pupil into one of the most powerful Force users in George Lucas' universe amazes me. I fully expect Rosario Dawson alone to hit her role out of the park.
She was great in The Mandolorian.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate these links. I start reading the article and it scrolls back to the beginning every 5 or 10 seconds.
I assume this is an animated series?
No. Superman: Legacy will be a live action movie. Creature Commandos is an example of an animated series James Gunn has planned.

I posted an image of Fillion and Guy Gardner. It is a cartoon image of the character to show readers who Fillion will be playing. Fillion will be seen in 3D. :)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No. Superman: Legacy will be a live action movie. Creature Commandos is an example of an animated series James Gunn has planned.

I posted an image of Fillion and Guy Gardner. It is a cartoon image of the character to show readers who Fillion will be playing. Fillion will be seen in 3D. :)
I was asking because, as much as I like Nathan Fillion, I'm having trouble picturing him in costume.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was asking because, as much as I like Nathan Fillion, I'm having trouble picturing him in costume.
One of Fillion's Mal outfits from Firefly sorta reminds me of Gardner's Green Lantern suit. I guess that is what I first think of when I picture him dressed as Gardner. That, and I can see how he can adopt Gardner's idiotic ruffian persona too.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of Fillion's Mal outfits from Firefly sorta reminds me of Gardner's Green Lantern suit. I guess that is what I first think of when I picture him dressed as Gardner. That, and I can see how he can adopt Gardner's idiotic ruffian persona too.
I love the fact that we’re finally getting a live action Guy Gardner. I’m just not sure that Fillion is the best casting choice.

quickccc

Reaction score
I love the fact that we’re finally getting a live action Guy Gardner. I’m just not sure that Fillion is the best casting choice.
I'm not sure how I feel about a Green Lantern that is different than what I'm used and enjoyed from Jon Stewart

After all has Guy Gardner really been introduced to us like Stewart has been well introduced with Justice League and Unlimited toon series ?

35e5e7daa67c1fa4c90f3970b1462451.jpg

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not sure how I feel about a Green Lantern that is different than what I'm used and enjoyed from Jon Stewart

After all has Guy Gardner really been introduced to us like Stewart has been well introduced with Justice League and Unlimited toon series ?

Here are some of his appearances.

He was a great ‘jerk’ in the Giffen/Demmateis Justice League series as well.

Last edited:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

Never understood why DC didn’t go with him as Green Lantern. While the DC universe was building, most of the kids who are now adults grew up on that justice league cartoon where Stewart WAS the Green Lantern. And then of course you have DC which started pre-World War II so not much diversity to begin with. Would have been a winning choice for many reasons.

quickccc

Reaction score

Here are some of his appearances.

He was a great ‘jerk’ in the Giffen/Demmateis Justice League series as well.

@Stash .. thanks for sharing

I dunno how i overlooked, missed out or forgot Guy Gardner GL from the Justice League series,.. and I have the Justice League complete series sets.

Also I admit that I'm not familiar with the other notable Green Lantern Corp. members.

.. such as Jessica Cruz
17671a4c5f1ad3cb8b0d7efabd08c2d1.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Never understood why DC didn’t go with him as Green Lantern. While the DC universe was building, most of the kids who are now adults grew up on that justice league cartoon where Stewart WAS the Green Lantern. And then of course you have DC which started pre-World War II so not much diversity to begin with. Would have been a winning choice for many reasons.
They can easily go with ALL Earth designated Green Lanterns. There was a Green Lantern Corps live action movie planned before Warner Bros changed direction with the DCU (maybe still planned/not sure). I have no problems with introducing the Earth GLs in the order they were created in the comics, starting with Hal Jordan, the original Earth-One GL.

Justice League started in 2001 with John Stewart as GL. Green Lantern, with Ryan (look like Tarzan/act like Jane :facepalm: ) Reynolds, was in theaters before that decade ended. There is some ignoring going on if children and adults did not learn there were multiple Green Lanterns along the way. There have been some decent animated series and movies since Reynolds' movie explaining the Green Lantern Corps and its Earth members, including Jordan, Stewart, Gardner and Kyle Rayner. Heck. Green Lantern: Beware My Power came out just last year and prominently featured both Jordan and Stewart.

I would not prefer Warner Bros totally forget the source material it owns. There is a ton of great stuff to pull from, encompassing many characters.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
@Stash .. thanks for sharing

I dunno how i overlooked, missed out or forgot Guy Gardner GL from the Justice League series,.. and I have the Justice League complete series sets.

Also I admit that I'm not familiar with the other notable Green Lantern Corp. members.

.. such as Jessica Cruz
17671a4c5f1ad3cb8b0d7efabd08c2d1.jpg
Gardner appears in Green Lantern: The Animated Series. He had a mini-cameo in Young Justice also.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Don’t Miss This: “Spirit World” by Alyssa Wong and Haining

By Alexander Jones | Multiversity Comics
July 13, 2023

At DC Comics, the publisher has been fostering a new slate of heroes with the ‘We are Legends’ publishing line. ‘We are Legends’ is made up of the mysterious title known as “The Vigil,” the scrappy “City Boy” and the magical “Spirit World.” “Spirit World” hit the ground running in the pages of “Lazarus Planet” as readers got to meet Xanthe Zhou for the first time and witness Batgirl, Cassandra Cain get trapped in the “Spirit World.” Thankfully Xanthe isn’t alone as DC Comics anti-hero John Constantine has teamed up with Xanthe to try and rescue Cassandra and return Xanthe to the “Spirit World.” Today we are going to explain why you can’t miss a single page of DC’s new “Spirit World” series!

Read more

zj1qkP8.png

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

GUY GARDNER, DC’S MOST OBNOXIOUS GREEN LANTERN, EXPLAINED

By Eric Diaz | Nerdist
July 13, 2023

Guy-Gardner-1st-appearance.jpg

When people think of DC Comics hero Green Lantern, they tend to think of one of two characters — Hal Jordan, or John Stewart. But there’s another Lantern from the planet Earth who debuted after Hal, who has his fair share of fans, and has since the mid-‘80s. We’re talking about Guy Gardner, the loud-mouthed insufferable braggart with a power ring. And now, Firefly and Castle actor Nathan Fillion will play Guy Gardner in Superman: Legacy, and even beyond, according to James Gunn. But who is Guy Gardner, and why do people even like this big jerk?

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Why Deadpool 3 Is the Perfect Movie for Wolverine to Finally Don His Iconic Yellow Costume

By Neel Singh | MovieWeb
July 13, 2023

Ryan Reynolds dropped a major bombshell on the comic book fan community in 2022 by casually announcing the return of Hugh Jackman in the role of Logan, aka Wolverine, in the upcoming Deadpool 3. After years of declaring he was done with the role, Jackman will be returning as everyone's favorite clawed mutant who was last seen in 2017's Logan.

Though recent set images give a tease of the film's plot, including a post-apocalyptic Fox X-Men Universe, complete with the old 20th Century Fox logo, not much is known yet regarding details of Wolverine's involvement in Deadpool's newest film. So fans have been left to daydream about what Wolverine's involvement in the film might mean for the character. One major demand from fans is that Jackman's Logan should finally don his iconic yellow and black costume from the comics. After nine appearances in the Fox-produced X-Men franchise starting in 2000 with X-Men and ending with 2017s Logan, it seems only right that the fan's long-standing hope to see Jackman don his comic-accurate suit finally be fulfilled.

Read more

jcG4wPL.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Her show is a little over a month away. I ran across this video that explains why her dual lightsabers glow white. There are some things I disagree with and his video takes liberties with screenshots and clips from several series that do not match the storytelling. That said, the summary is done really well.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Ms. Marvel Will Be Broadcast on TV As Part of Strike Programming

By Justin Carter | Gizmodo
July 15, 2023

Kamala Khan is making her broadcast TV debut next month, as Ms. Marvel will be airing on ABC.

According to Laughing Place, the Marvel Studios series will come to Disney’s primetime TV network, with the first three episodes to air on August 5 during the 7 PM, 8 PM, and 9 PM timeslots. The final three episodes will air the following week on August 12 and run at the same times.

Read more

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How much control did Snyder have at Warner? Because his films prior to Warner were well received.
Ever hear of Sucker Punch?

As far as Warner Bros goes, he was given the keys to the castle for the DC films. They had hoped that he could do for them what Kevin Feige and Joss Whedon did for Disney/Marvel.