Comics and Movies

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Watch the end of the trailer. Look at all the actors, name actors, who joined season two for voice parts. My goodness!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Recently, I posted a video from this YouTube creator, who explained why Ahsoka Tano's lightsabers glowed white. I came across another video he made that is a good cliff notes version of the character's backstory. So, anyone, with a quarter hour to spare and not wanting to spend time watching the episodes I suggested a couple of months ago ( :rolleyes::p ),can watch this summary instead. He takes a lot from what I posted before and refers to some stuff that I didn't. It is pretty good in my opinion.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I only recognize 4 of the new names.
Which 4?

https://www.empireonline.com/tv/news/invincible-season-2-trailer-adds-peter-cullen-to-the-cast/

"The blockbuster roll-call of new voices joining the cast this season along with Peter Cullen includes (deep breath) Chloe Bennet, Rob Delaney, Jay Pharoah, Rhea Seehorn, Kari Wahlgren, Calista Flockhart, Tim Robinson, Sterling K. Brown, Tatiana Maslany, Daveed Diggs, Ella Purnell, Ben Schwartz, Lea Thompson, and Jeffrey Dean Morgan to name just a fistful."

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Chloe Bennet, Jay Pharaoh, Calista Flockhart, and Lea Thompson.

Doesn't necessarily mean I wouldn't recognize any of the others if I saw them.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

DC’s Animated Tomorrowverse Timeline Explained

By Adam Holmes | Cinema Blend
July 25, 2023

From 2013 to 2020, the DC Animated Movie Universe chronicled a shared continuity that was chiefly inspired by the New 52, yet featured a mix of original stories and adaptations of stories from decades worth of DC Comics' source material. The film series that kicked off with Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox officially concluded in May 2020 with Justice League: Apokolips War after 16 movies. While the 2022 short film Constantine: The House of Mystery served as a nice coda to this era (and teased that we might revisit it someday), a new animated, shared continuity had launched by October 2020, that’s now referred to as the Tomorrowverse.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Superhero Characters Who Need Their Own Animated TV Shows

By Richard Fink | Movie Web
July 25, 2023

While superhero movies have become some of the most profitable films in the world, animation has been an important aspect of many heroes' continued pop culture success. It introduces characters and concepts to a wider audience who may have never picked up a comic book. Mainstream audiences likely know Aquaman not from comics but from Super Friends and his own animated series.

Read more

Sgt. Rock
Wonder Woman
The Question
Hellboy
Young Avengers
Justice League Dark
Justice Society
Amethyst: Princess of Gemworld
Spider-Punk
The Inhumans

At first, I was like Amethyst??? Why would DC try adapting that title for the small (or big) screen again? Then I thought about James Gunn resurrecting Creature Commandos, which was out of left field. Way out of left field. And the fact that Warner Bros has targeted kids previously with dumb crap like Teen Titans Go! So, it is not a wild idea I guess, lol.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Secret Invasion had a decent finale that ended more with a whimper than a bang. I am more of an Emilia Clarke fan than ever before. Glad she is in the MCU.

I have mentioned it before and will again. Samuel L. Jackson is 74. This series has really made me wonder if he has gotten to the 'too old' stage. Or if he acted like he was. I guess The Marvels will offer some clue as to which may be true.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Secret Invasion had a decent finale that ended more with a whimper than a bang. I am more of an Emilia Clarke fan than ever before. Glad she is in the MCU.

I have mentioned it before and will again. Samuel L. Jackson is 74. This series has really made me wonder if he has gotten to the 'too old' stage. Or if he acted like he was. I guess The Marvels will offer some clue as to which may be true.
I lean toward agreeing with you. Add that Harrison Ford is 81 and is now joining the MCU.

John813

Reaction score
I'm losing interest in these Marvel TV shows.
Secret Invasion started off strong but then it was just meh. Really should of been a movie with the supposed budget it had and cut out all the filler.
It was either episode 4 or 5 when Nick was asked about
calling the avengers to stop Gravik and he was willing to risk nuclear war to prove himself over failing to find the skrulls a home. He assembled them 15 years ago to save the world but when a threat comes that could annihilate everyone, nope, his old *** will risk billions to save the day. The death of Talos ended up being flat. Gravik was beaten pretty easily compared to how strong they tried to make him during the series

I have nothing against Brie, but even watching the Marvels trailer I'm more than content waiting for it for free on D+. If Loki 2 is meh, I'm done for good on the TV shows.
There's no replay-ability for me.

I don't think it's fatigue than it is just too much quantity without quality. If the budgets are going to be in the 200mil range give us a 2 hour secret invasion movie directly to D+ and not a 3-4 hour series that has forgettable sections or scenes that don't go anywhere.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I was really disappointed with the ending of this series.

Once they did the ‘superhero DNA’ bit, it crossed over into ridiculous. And I sure hope the Super Skrull doesn’t get to keep all of those magically obtained powers. It cheapens everything.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was really disappointed with the ending of this series.

Once they did the ‘superhero DNA’ bit, it crossed over into ridiculous. And I sure hope the Super Skrull doesn’t get to keep all of those magically obtained powers. It cheapens everything.
I admit my opinion is trapped in what I read from decades ago. What has happened in comics within the recent past is an unknown for me.

I was okay with Gravik having a handful of powers. That matched what I remember of the Super Skrull having the abilities of the Fantastic Four. This show went completely overboard and I do not know if it is even comic book accurate for the Gravik or G'iah's Super Skrull seen in the series.

It is worst than 'powers on steriods'. And how the heck does DNA transfer Infinity Stone energy anyway???

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I admit my opinion is trapped in what I read from decades ago. What has happened in comics within the recent past is an unknown for me.

I was okay with Gravik having a handful of powers. That matched what I remember of the Super Skrull having the abilities of the Fantastic Four. This show went completely overboard and I do not know if it is even comic book accurate for the Gravik or G'iah's Super Skrull seen in the series.

It is worst than 'powers on steriods'. And how the heck does DNA transfer Infinity Stone energy anyway???
None of it makes any sense. And the online criticism is well justified. Marvel’s quality control has really taken a drop off. Stuff like this would have never passed muster in years past.

I’m hopeful that the entire subplot with G’iah and the British agent is thrown out and forgotten about. The less said about it the better. Forget it ever happened.