Comics and Movies

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess they decided it wasn't worth the air-time for them and want to see if someone else wants to buy it to recoup some of the losses in making it before turning it into a tax writeoff. Or someone on that show pissed a high level executive off enough to kill the show.
I was thinking tax write off too.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My one Ahsoka comment for episode three is a paraphrase of a James Doohan quote from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home:

"There be PURRGIL here!" :starspin:

quickccc

Reaction score
It reminds me of DC's decision to ditch the Batgirl movie because they feared it was so bad quality -even though
the movie was already made and finished.

it doesn't make sense that Disney - Marvel is doing the same with these TV shows.

Don't they look over the material before it's actually produced ? :huh:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Beloved Voice Actress Dead At 67

By Sam Amico | Microsoft Start/Rare
August 29, 2023

Arleen Sorkin, the original voice of Harley Quinn in Batman: The Animated Series, has died. She was 67.

Sorkin was also known for her role on daytime soap Days of Our Lives, for which she received two Emmy nominations for outstanding supporting actress in a drama series in 1988 and 1989. She died folowing a battle with multiple sclerosis.

Read more

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

August 29, 2023

Arleen Sorkin, the original voice of Harley Quinn in Batman: The Animated Series, has died. She was 67.

Sorkin was also known for her role on daytime soap Days of Our Lives, for which she received two Emmy nominations for outstanding supporting actress in a drama series in 1988 and 1989. She died folowing a battle with multiple sclerosis.

Read more

She looks familiar...like a guest star on The Love Boat kind of familiar.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

August 29, 2023

Read more

Such great voice acting in that series. Mark Hammill as the Joker is untouchable too. The guy who did Batman’s voice. Was a brilliant move for the Arkham Asylum games to bring back the cast.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Such great voice acting in that series. Mark Hammill as the Joker is untouchable too. The guy who did Batman’s voice. Was a brilliant move for the Arkham Asylum games to bring back the cast.
That 'guy' was the late, great Kevin Conroy. Shame on you, sir. :mad:

:)

nobody

Reaction score
Joker and Harley were the absolute best parts of that show, and that's even with Conroy's fantastic job as Batman

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Marvel Releases Captain Marvel Variant Covers

By Jenny C. | CBR
September 1, 2023

Carol Danvers’ new run is quickly approaching and Marvel just released nine new variant covers for Captain Marvel #1.

As writer Alyssa Wong and artist Jan Bazaldua are bringing fans and Captain Marvel into a “new era,” so are several gifted artists. Ricky Yagawa, Jen Bartel, David Nakayama, Paco Medina, Todd Nauck, Jan Bazaldua, Jonathan Tyler Christopher and Joshua “Sway” Swaby bring their talents to the new run through stunning variant covers for the first issue. And, Marvel invites fans to “Check out all nine now”.

Read more

OAYvZVL.gif

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This trailer was released a month ago. Looks like they are taking a fresh approach not involving Trevor and Sypha. I do not know how I feel about that yet. Interested what the explanation will be for Alucard though.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
So... someone help me because I'm so confused now. Is Aquaman played by Jason Mamoa cannon? Is this just them throwing out what was left of the Snyder-Verse shoots?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So... someone help me because I'm so confused now. Is Aquaman played by Jason Mamoa cannon? Is this just them throwing out what was left of the Snyder-Verse shoots?
Not certain what is meant by canon. Not sure exactly who Zack Snyder patterned Jason Momoa's character after but it is more like what was seen both before the Crisis of Infinite Earths (back in the mid-80s) and after the New 52 (which started at the beginning of the last decade).

He differs somewhat from the Curry seen between those two DC Comics reboots, the guy with the hook/sword for a hand, in paperback and animated series like Justice League. He is not the Orin shown more recently in the animated movie and series Flashpoint and Young Justice, respectively.

Snyder initially introduced Momoa's Curry in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice as a brief cameo and was also seen in Joss Whedon's Justice League, Peacemaker (shadow cameo), The Flash (super brief cameo), and, of course, his first solo movie and Zack Snyder's Justice League. Not sure what you may have seen so far, which is why I used spoiler masks.

The December movie is all-new with no re-shoots from Zack Snyder. Production had already started before James Gunn was put in charge of revamping the DCU.

How Momoa and his sequel may fit in the new DCU is a question mark. Snyder cornerstones Henry Cavill and Gal Gadot have already been discarded. The same may happen to him. I think the likelihood is extremely high.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Not certain what is meant by canon. Not sure exactly who Zack Snyder patterned Jason Momoa's character after but it is more like what was seen both before the Crisis of Infinite Earths (back in the mid-80s) and after the New 52 (which started at the beginning of the last decade).

He differs somewhat from the Curry seen between those two DC Comics reboots, the guy with the hook/sword for a hand, in paperback and animated series like Justice League. He is not the Orin shown more recently in the animated movie and series Flashpoint and Young Justice, respectively.

Snyder initially introduced Momoa's Curry in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice as a brief cameo and was also seen in Joss Whedon's Justice League, Peacemaker (shadow cameo), The Flash (super brief cameo), and, of course, his first solo movie and Zack Snyder's Justice League. Not sure what you may have seen so far, which is why I used spoiler masks.

The December movie is all-new with no re-shoots from Zack Snyder. Production had already started before James Gunn was put in charge of revamping the DCU.

How Momoa and his sequel may fit in the new DCU is a question mark. Snyder cornerstones Henry Cavill and Gal Gadot have already been discarded. The same may happen to him. I think the likelihood is extremely high.
Maybe I misuse the word canon. My understanding is some characters get re-cast, some don't.