95. Howard the Duck
96. Steel

Wow .. Great Work :clap:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a no brainer. Hope they get it done. Certain actors that were just meant to be cast in a role, and it's awesome when it happens.

The other one for me was several years back for Marvel. Kelsey Grammar as Beast. Or at least how I interpreted the character. Shame he was too old already to keep carrying the role.

I'm tempted to say Ryan Ryans as Deadpool too. Only physical need for that character is an in-shape actor, but that sense of humor is hard to pull off, and he does it perfectly.
I have very little doubt that @Roadtrip635 and others are correct that Jason Momoa was born to play The Main Man. However, your mentioning Ryan Reynolds reminds me of an old assumption I had about certain actors or actresses playing particular roles.

Reynolds had done some television and even National Lampoon's Van Wilder that grabbed my attention initially. Yet it was not until be played in Blade: Trinity that I said to myself, "Wow. This guy looks like he could pull off Hal Jordan!" The impression stuck with me but I was worried at the same time. What would happen my assumption came true eventually? Would he play role dramatically enough to capture Jordan's mannerisms and demeanor? Or would he 'Val Wilder' it?

The answer is subtle but he Val Wildered Green Lantern. Reynolds was not sole culprit for the movie's poor tone and construction but he was the lead of it all too. He was the main reason why I started questioning myself whether an actor or actress can look like Tarzan but act like Jane.

Which brings around the prospect of Momoa possibly playing Lobo. Like Reynolds, Momoa checks all the physical appearance checkboxes. What keeps me worried is whether Momoa can combine the hard-edged crassness and dry sarcasm together that amoral personality of the character.

If he can, it could be huge for Warner Bros Discovery and DC. He could potentially become the DCU version of Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. Literally, a blockbuster anti-hero audiences cannot get enough of. That would be awesome.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I have very little doubt that @Roadtrip635 and others are correct that Jason Momoa was born to play The Main Man. However, your mentioning Ryan Reynolds reminds me of an old assumption I had about certain actors or actresses playing particular roles.

Reynolds had done some television and even National Lampoon's Van Wilder that grabbed my attention initially. Yet it was not until be played in Blade: Trinity that I said to myself, "Wow. This guy looks like he could pull off Hal Jordan!" The impression stuck with me but I was worried at the same time. What would happen my assumption came true eventually? Would he play role dramatically enough to capture Jordan's mannerisms and demeanor? Or would he 'Val Wilder' it?

The answer is subtle but he Val Wildered Green Lantern. Reynolds was not sole culprit for the movie's poor tone and construction but he was the lead of it all too. He was the main reason why I started questioning myself whether an actor or actress can look like Tarzan but act like Jane.

Which brings around the prospect of Momoa possibly playing Lobo. Like Reynolds, Momoa checks all the physical appearance checkboxes. What keeps me worried is whether Momoa can combine the hard-edged crassness and dry sarcasm together that amoral personality of the character.

If he can, it could be huge for Warner Bros Discovery and DC. He could potentially become the DCU version of Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. Literally, a blockbuster anti-hero audiences cannot get enough of. That would be awesome.
~~cracks knuckles and puts nerd glasses on~~

What killed Green Lantern IMO, was:

#1 Lame ending and villain. Sort of like Fantastic Four 2. Very deflated final fight. Because I really enjoyed the Green Lantern Corps stuff and not sure why people have nothing better to do than complain about the costume.
#2 In Reynold's defense, I'm not even sure DC knows how to portray Hal Jordan. Yeah, he's a cocky fighter pilot, but if you make him too playboy, he comes across corny which is probably what happened to Reynolds. I like the stoic quiet confidence version better. Sort of like how Geoff Johns made him so popular. But I really look forward to their Guy Gardner movie version, because he's comedy gold if written right. Even Jon Stewart, the hard-edged but sublte humor USMC is more fun to work with.

I don't think Lobo will be as popular as Wolverine, but if they make it well, it will help boost their "space themes" in the movies like Guardians of the Galaxy did for Marvel. I don't think they should make a movie for him until he has some support roles, because that's what he's best at. He has never carried a long-term comic like Wolverine, and don't see that changing with the movies, but who knows... worked for Guardians and Marvel.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

tumblr_pf3fnhN9ST1rcn1qfo2_540.gif

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
~~cracks knuckles and puts nerd glasses on~~

What killed Green Lantern IMO, was:

#1 Lame ending and villain. Sort of like Fantastic Four 2. Very deflated final fight. Because I really enjoyed the Green Lantern Corps stuff and not sure why people have nothing better to do than complain about the costume.
#2 In Reynold's defense, I'm not even sure DC knows how to portray Hal Jordan. Yeah, he's a cocky fighter pilot, but if you make him too playboy, he comes across corny which is probably what happened to Reynolds. I like the stoic quiet confidence version better. Sort of like how Geoff Johns made him so popular. But I really look forward to their Guy Gardner movie version, because he's comedy gold if written right. Even Jon Stewart, the hard-edged but sublte humor USMC is more fun to work with.

I don't think Lobo will be as popular as Wolverine, but if they make it well, it will help boost their "space themes" in the movies like Guardians of the Galaxy did for Marvel. I don't think they should make a movie for him until he has some support roles, because that's what he's best at. He has never carried a long-term comic like Wolverine, and don't see that changing with the movies, but who knows... worked for Guardians and Marvel.
IMO, what killed Green Lantern is that it's a power that looks ridiculous in live action. It works fine for a cartoon, but they'd need to modify the special effects to make it look decent. For starters, making the "projections" or whatever you wanna call them all green makes it very unrealistic, as does "projecting" a giant hammer or something.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RVmI3to.png

10 years. Four seasons. Nearly 90 episodes and OVA. Through the years, Anime Trending, IGN, Tokyo Anime and Crunchyroll award wins for:
  • Anime of the Year
  • Best Anime Series
  • Sequel or New Season Anime of The Year
  • Best Drama
  • Favorite Action or Adventure
  • Favorite Fantasy
  • Best Screenplay/Original Story
  • Best Director
  • Best Male Voice Acting Performance
  • Best Male Supporting Character of The Year
  • Best Female Supporting Character of The Year
  • Best Main Character
  • Favorite Female Character
  • Best Antagonist
  • Best Score
  • Best Anime Song
  • Best Opening Sequence
  • Best Ending Sequence
Attack on Titan's final episodes had already been released in Japanese but English dubbed ones hit streamers like Crunchyroll and Funimation during the past week. It remains the best made for television episodic anime series of all-time in my opinion. Top notch HBO-like caliber programming. A true epic. :starspin:

I have thought of other good turned evil television or movie characters. Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker was seduced by the Dark Side and became a Sith Lord. Michael Corleone reluctantly became a ruthless mob kingpin. Harvey Dent was a strict law-and-order prosecutor, who went insane and turned into a pathological criminal.

I think of characters like those and then consider Eren Jaeger. He was the most fierce and loyal defender of humanity. Someone who would sacrifice himself without thinking to save everyone from the nightmare Titan menace. Eren was good. He was the ultimate definition of the term 'hero'.

Yet, Eren did not only became what he hated most of all. He embraced pure evil voluntarily. He killed hundreds of thousands, if not millions. Mercilessly. Horrifically.

Is there another character on a human level, not a Thanos-like galactic level for instance, who compares to Jaeger?

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Re-visited: Best (and Worse) Superhero Movies of All Time:

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls062822702/
https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/guide/best-superhero-movies-of-all-time/

BEST: (My List)
Avengers Infinity
Winter Soldier
Dark Knight Rises
Capt America - Civil War
Xmen United
Xmen First Class
Avengers
Spiderman 2001
Xmen 2000
Black Panther
Avengers End Game
Iron Man 3
Blade 2
Thor Ragnorak
Superman 2

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/guide/worst-superhero-movies/
https://www.imdb.com/list/ls064382425/

WORST: (My List)
Catwoman
Fantastic Four 2015
Howard the Duck
Superman Quest for Peace
Superman III (Richard Pryor)
Hancock
Green Lantern
Super Girl (1984)
Fantastic Four 2005
Wonder Woman 1984
Robocop 3
Captain Marvel
Batman and Robin
Jonah Hex
Green Hornet

(How would you rank Your Best/Worst SH movies?) ;)
Best:

Batman Begins
Iron Man
First guardians movie

Worst:

Everything else

(I do like the Infinity saga, but hadn't they started it all with the Iron Man movie, I would have probably never connected.) I'm just not into all that superhero stuff, never read any of the comics. The movies were ok though. Guardians 1 gets a special mention because I and my late dad went to see it and laughed our arses off, completely unexpected. Thanks for the great memory. :)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Someone took snippets of Ahsoka and made a thickly sarcastic parody of the show in the style of a 1980's series opening! This is freaking genius!

They even set it in the 4:3 screen ratio for back then! Very well thought out. Good stuff. :laugh:

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Someone took snippets of Ahsoka and made a thickly sarcastic parody of the show in the style of a 1980's series opening! This is freaking genius!

They even set it in the 4:3 screen ratio for back then! Very well thought out. Good stuff. :laugh:

that is really good

"always dressed to pilot" haha

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Wow, that was absolutely hilarious! It could have been an actual opening to the show, had it come out in the 80's.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

That was pretty good, it had a very "Knight Rider" kinda feel to it.....lol

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

The Marvels Is Tracking to Have the MCU's Worst Opening Weekend Ever​

Long-range box office tracking for The Marvels suggests not many Marvel Cinematic Universe fans are interested in watching Carol Danvers' next blockbuster feature, at least in theaters.

According to Boxoffice Pro, the upcoming MCU sequel is currently tracking to earn between $50 million and $75 million in its opening weekend at the domestic box office. If The Marvels comes in on the lower end of projections, the superhero movie would set an unfortunate new record in the MCU for the worst opening weekend ever. The Incredible Hulk (2008) currently holds that record with an opening weekend of $55.4 million, followed by Ant-Man (2015) with $57.2 million. Pre-sales trends are currently 69 percent behind the pace of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 and 42 percent behind Eternals.

https://www.cbr.com/the-marvels-box-office-tracking-worst-opening-weekend-mcu/