Comics and Movies

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is possible but it would not surprise me if, at best, tops Shazam! ($367+ million worldwide) or its box office falls somewhere within that one and Shazam! Fury of the Gods ($133+ million worldwide)
Yeah. For the record I was referring to the most recent Shazam film that bombed. I should have been more clear.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://aiptcomics.com/2023/08/17/marvel-teases-wolverine-vs-predator-1/

Marvel teases Wolverine may have met his match in ‘Predator Vs. Wolverine’​

Benjamin Percy teams up with an all-star lineup of artists in ‘PREDATOR VS. WOLVERINE,’ on sale this September!
Predators have invisibility technology. That would not be a good defense for them against Wolverine. The nose knows.

This story better give them some sort of scent masking technology. Something that prevents Wolverine from smelling them. Otherwise, there is very little reason to imagine Logan not being able to pinpoint their location and take them out.

One-on-one should give the edge to Wolverine. I wonder if this Predator has a healing factor as well?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Predators have invisibility technology. That would not be a good defense for them against Wolverine. The nose knows.

This story better give them some sort of scent masking technology. Something that prevents Wolverine from smelling them. Otherwise, there is very little reason to imagine Logan not being able to pinpoint their location and take them out.

One-on-one should give the edge to Wolverine. I wonder if this Predator has a healing factor as well?
Maybe just a really good med kit, where something like drywall can be used to patch a gaping injury.

quickccc

Reaction score
The Blue Beetle opens this coming Friday, .but I admit that I am naive and not familiar with the DC character.

Per research I'm tryin to see to catch on to episode chapters such as Crisis on Infinite Earths and Infinite Crisis per Justice League and Teen Titans " to have
a chance at getting know the Blue Beetle.

5948e97241a4e95f5f7e87dc48c34d30.jpg

c589b3a2adcf2115701f1f8d5493450f.jpg

c74ce5c58e4f1f9edaa6bf1bd8d5fee7.jpg

a7c3bb2588622fd3a2865a2cf35b9b29.jpg

da31b71ac69a3e7b4b11ce993c82e717.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Blue Beetle opens this coming Friday, .but I admit that I am naive and not familiar with the DC character.

Per research I'm tryin to see to catch on to episode chapters such as Crisis on Infinite Earths and Infinite Crisis per Justice League and Teen Titans " to have
I recommend watching several episodes of Young Justice: Invasion season two on the MAX streaming service. Jaime Reyes and The Reach are central to the entire season, so a very good description of him, his techno armor with capabilities, origin and background are shown.

quickccc

Reaction score
I recommend watching several episodes of Young Justice: Invasion season two on the MAX streaming service. Jaime Reyes and The Reach are central to the entire season, so a very good description of him, his techno armor with capabilities, origin and background are shown.
:thumbup: @DallasEast ...

Thanks for Sharing , that's very good to know.

https://variety.com/2023/film/box-o...-beetle-opening-weekend-estimates-1235696870/

‘Blue Beetle’ Aims to End ‘Barbie’s’ Box Office Reign With $30 Million Debut​

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

David Harbour says the entire ‘Black Widow’ ending was changed during filming

By Charlotte Simmons | We Got This Covered
August 17, 2023

When it comes to superhero movies, the space can get a bit divisive: whether it’s Marvel versus DC, Gunn versus Snyder, or simply shills versus contrarians, superhero movie fandoms are places to avoid if you’re averse to conflict.

But if there was any common ground to be found in such a zeitgeist, it would have to be criticizing the third act, where malevolent CGI armies continue to be an invasive species as studios take hacksaw after hacksaw to just about every ending so as to make them cinema-friendly and compatible with its corresponding shared universe.

Read more

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

David Harbour says the entire ‘Black Widow’ ending was changed during filming

By Charlotte Simmons | We Got This Covered
August 17, 2023

When it comes to superhero movies, the space can get a bit divisive: whether it’s Marvel versus DC, Gunn versus Snyder, or simply shills versus contrarians, superhero movie fandoms are places to avoid if you’re averse to conflict.

But if there was any common ground to be found in such a zeitgeist, it would have to be criticizing the third act, where malevolent CGI armies continue to be an invasive species as studios take hacksaw after hacksaw to just about every ending so as to make them cinema-friendly and compatible with its corresponding shared universe.

Read more
Maybe I'm not as critical of Black Widow as some are, because I liked it. The seemingly 15 minute fall to Earth at the end was a bit unrealistic, but most of the MCU is unrealistic.

As for the changing of the third act, I imagine they have much of that already prepared, just in case of script leaks. So I doubt everything is just on the fly changes.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Maybe I'm not as critical of Black Widow as some are, because I liked it. The seemingly 15 minute fall to Earth at the end was a bit unrealistic, but most of the MCU is unrealistic.

As for the changing of the third act, I imagine they have much of that already prepared, just in case of script leaks. So I doubt everything is just on the fly changes.
I thought it was a great movie. The sister and her father were terrific characters. Loved watching her sister make fun of the action movie stance, and the heavy vodka drinking Russian father. LOL

Problem with that movie is the bad luck on its release date. No one knew what the hell to do, at first, during the "P-word." That's all businesses, not just movies.

It's box office was the consequence. Low box office doesn't mean bad movie. These Marvel movies are judged too much by their box office success. I liked Antman 3 too -- much better than Dr.Strange 2 -- but apparently because it made less than Dr Strange 2, it's a worse movie.

Another point about changed endings, audience polls, re-shoots, etc... Those are all common in the business now. It used to be the kiss of death for a bad movie prediction, but there are several examples in recent years where it actually helped. Hollywood execs getting a little smarter I guess.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

5948e97241a4e95f5f7e87dc48c34d30.jpg

c589b3a2adcf2115701f1f8d5493450f.jpg

c74ce5c58e4f1f9edaa6bf1bd8d5fee7.jpg

a7c3bb2588622fd3a2865a2cf35b9b29.jpg

da31b71ac69a3e7b4b11ce993c82e717.jpg
My favorite version is when he showed up in the Justice League and palled around with Booster Gold.

BLUGOL_01_60f78ab71450c9.27883793.jpg

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You hit it on the nail, @Stash. I waited to see if Blue Beetle might rebound in the worthwide market but it's box office imploded. $81,808,690 (link) since it hit theaters.
Another questionable decision by Warner Bros to green light this film, as well as Batgirl and jumping into a Shazam sequel. Meanwhile, Henry Cavill can’t get another Superman film?

And once again, they were wrong.

I’m also not entirely sold on James Gunn’s plans but will try to be optimistic and keep an open mind.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Disney+ Cancels Already-Filmed TV Show, Tries To Sell To Other Services

By Abdullah Al-Ghamdi | Screen Rant
August 28, 2023

shazad-latif-in-star-trek.jpg

Disney+ is canceling another completed series, Nautilus, as the show's production company looks for a new home. Based on the Jules Verne novel 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, and consisting of ten parts, Nautilus is a live-action show about the origins of Captain Nemo and his famous submarine The Nautilus. In the Disney+ retelling, Star Trek: Discovery's Shazad Latif would have played Nemo.

Deadline now confirms that Disney+ will not be moving forward with Nautilus. The decision is part of the company's ongoing streaming content removal plan, as Disney announced in February that it plans to cut $3 billion across the company in terms of its spending on non-sports programming. The retelling of Captain Nemo has already been filmed. Disney+ is reportedly working with the production team to find a new home for Nautilus, with meetings underway. The news follows the cancelation of The Spiderwick Chronicles, which is also completed and being shopped around.

Read more

:banghead:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

August 28, 2023

Disney+ is canceling another completed series, Nautilus, as the show's production company looks for a new home. Based on the Jules Verne novel 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, and consisting of ten parts, Nautilus is a live-action show about the origins of Captain Nemo and his famous submarine The Nautilus. In the Disney+ retelling, Star Trek: Discovery's Shazad Latif would have played Nemo.

Deadline now confirms that Disney+ will not be moving forward with Nautilus. The decision is part of the company's ongoing streaming content removal plan, as Disney announced in February that it plans to cut $3 billion across the company in terms of its spending on non-sports programming. The retelling of Captain Nemo has already been filmed. Disney+ is reportedly working with the production team to find a new home for Nautilus, with meetings underway. The news follows the cancelation of The Spiderwick Chronicles, which is also completed and being shopped around.

Read more

How do you dump something that you’ve already spent the money to complete?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

August 28, 2023

Read more

It's like they're trying to go bankrupt!

nobody

Reaction score
How do you dump something that you’ve already spent the money to complete?
I guess they decided it wasn't worth the air-time for them and want to see if someone else wants to buy it to recoup some of the losses in making it before turning it into a tax writeoff. Or someone on that show pissed a high level executive off enough to kill the show.