Comics and Movies

John813

Reaction score
In my opinion, Kevin Feige wants Hiddleston as a familial connection between the previous phases and these heavy time paradox laden phases. It may also be a professional boon to him personally for getting essentially paid as a small screen audience tour guide for any story connecting big screen films like Ant-Man & The Wasp: Quantumania. The brief television episodic season is easy money in comparison to full-fledged movie work. Of course, none of it matters, the series or Hiddleston's contributions, to anyone not subscribing to Disney+.

When you think about it, nothing is stopping Hiddleston from reprising his role as A Loki. This is a multiverse format. Anything goes. The Loki variant seen in the series can take over the prime Loki's place in any timeline that has not been pruned. Basically the same principle can be applied to any living actor written off in the previous phases.

That definitely makes sense. An original member that became quite popular in the phases 1-4 to kill the time so to speak while phase 5 is in but not really catching on.
Just sort of wished they could of had a small run in between Loki and the Thor we've watched. sounds cheap but at the same time some solace to Thor that his "brother" is out there in other universes. Also, I under stand actors don't want to play roles forever, especially with the time needed for said roles, just sucks that there is no more Iron Man or Capt America, Black Widow etc in the movies. Sort of wish it jumped to "good" CGI with the characters with likeness but it's too late for that now without a reboot. I was never a huge Marvel fan growing up but you always knew the big characters in their comics, and now they are no more.

I agree with you. I think they need to do 1 of 2 things:

1. Create more films directly connected to a big event

2. Roll out the MCU’s version of the X-Men.

And I think Loki is focused on the TV series because there are no big stories in film worthy of bringing him back.
100%.

Need to do both and have the X-Men be the characters to be the face of the big event.
Yea, with the limits of Loki due to I.W. guess there's no movie quality film for him to be in.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Trailer has some edgy aspects, like the Netflix Marvel series edgy. Not sure how far they will go but it may be an indirect preview of how the new revised Daredevil will be presented down the road.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Colossal Titan Invades Shibuya Ahead of Attack on Titan Anime Finale

By Nicolo Manaloto | EpicStream
November 3, 2023

68a4a84f6183a188f725651ea856c2bb64dd7035-1920x1080.jpg

The hype for Attack on Titan is reaching a fever pitch with the finale finally set to release this weekend. Ahead of its broadcast, Attack on Titan invaded Shibuya with a massive Colossal Titan exhibit that is a must-see for fans in Tokyo.

As one of Tokyo’s biggest downtown districts, Shibuya is the perfect place to set up a promo exhibit. Fans need to go there ASAP though, as it will only be open until tomorrow, November 4.

This exhibition isn’t the only way that Attack on Titan is hyping up the finale. The anime recently announced a 24-hour lineup of programs and events that will lead up to the last episode. Read more

I would not mind being in Tokyo to see the exhibit. :(

And I wish I had taught myself Japanese! :mad:

:laugh:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Deadpool 3 Director Confirms R Rating, Dirty Jokes And More For The Character’s MCU Entrance

By Adam Holmes | CinemaBlend
November 2, 2023

Deadpool shocked face in Deadpool 2

Anyone who’s watched the Marvel movies in order, whether they latched onto the franchise when Iron Man came out or came aboard later, knows that this franchise is as PG-13 as it gets. Every MCU movie has scored that very rating from the Motion Picture Association, making it an accessible form of entertainment to fans old and young. But that will soon change, as it’s been said on numerous occasions that next year’s Deadpool 3 will be rated R, and director Shawn Levy has reaffirmed this, teased dirty jokes and more for the Merc with the Mouth’s MCU entrance. Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The CW's Superman & Lois Has Been Cancelled

By Cheryl Eddy | Gizmodo
November 2, 2023

Much-loved DC Comics characters Superman and Lois aren’t going anywhere—you might have heard about that James Gunn movie in the works—but their iteration on the CW is coming to an end. The fourth season of Superman & Lois, due to arrive next year, will be its final.

Superman & Lois’ series finale will also mark the end of another era. Though the show was only tangentially connected to the Arrowverse—which dominated the CW’s programming for over a decade, starting in 2012 with Arrow and also included The Flash (which ended in May of this year after nine seasons), as well as Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, Black Lightning, and Batwoman, plus all those dang crossover events—it was still part of the CW’s DC superhero programming phenomenon. That’s over, especially now that Max is the central streaming home for all things DC. Read more

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

Deadpool 3 Director Confirms R Rating, Dirty Jokes And More For The Character’s MCU Entrance

By Adam Holmes | CinemaBlend
November 2, 2023

Deadpool shocked face in Deadpool 2

Anyone who’s watched the Marvel movies in order, whether they latched onto the franchise when Iron Man came out or came aboard later, knows that this franchise is as PG-13 as it gets. Every MCU movie has scored that very rating from the Motion Picture Association, making it an accessible form of entertainment to fans old and young. But that will soon change, as it’s been said on numerous occasions that next year’s Deadpool 3 will be rated R, and director Shawn Levy has reaffirmed this, teased dirty jokes and more for the Merc with the Mouth’s MCU entrance. Read more
If that thing came out with a PG rating, Marvel is dead to me.

quickccc

Reaction score
That definitely makes sense. An original member that became quite popular in the phases 1-4 to kill the time so to speak while phase 5 is in but not really catching on.

Just sort of wished they could of had a small run in between Loki and the Thor we've watched. sounds cheap but at the same time some solace to Thor that his "brother" is out there in other universes. Also, I under stand actors don't want to play roles forever, especially with the time needed for said roles, just sucks that there is no more Iron Man or Capt America, Black Widow etc in the movies. Sort of wish it jumped to "good" CGI with the characters with likeness but it's too late for that now without a reboot. I was never a huge Marvel fan growing up but you always knew the big characters in their comics, and now they are no more.

100%.

Need to do both and have the X-Men be the characters to be the face of the big event.
Yea, with the limits of Loki due to I.W. guess there's no movie quality film for him to be in.

https://www.ign.com/articles/marvel...ing-back-original-avengers-cast-for-new-movie

Marvel Reportedly Considering Bringing Back Original Avengers Stars for Another Movie​

b2d01e424144c7f5ea2aa9738b88cfbc.jpg

nobody

Reaction score
You know what would be nice? A well-thought out and well-written plan. If you have a series, have it all written and planned out in advance. Every single season. Have a set ending. Figure out beforehand how it ties into everything else. Don't make it up from season to season.

If you're doing movies, have the same team of writers writing them if the different hero movies are being woven together later. Write it all out first before making the first movie. Limit changes and make sure changes are only made when necessary. You'd see quality go way up if outside interference from studio execs were limited during production. In the first MCU movies, we saw more of a cohesive plan like this. Not to this level, but more cohesive and it worked fantastic. They deviated from this and got more interference and you see the quality drop off. DC has the problem of interference from day 1.

John813

Reaction score
Sorry if repeating a post, but my kids started watching the Marvel series and love Iron Man the most so far. Re-watching the movies from the get go with them.
The story arc of Tony Stark was the peak of Marvel writing. Watching the below scene with the kids definitely hits 100 times harder than when it originally came out pre-kids.

quickccc

Reaction score
https://ew.com/movies/the-marvels-box-office-report/

The Marvels goes lower, nearer, and slower with MCU's worst box office opening ever​

Brie Larson returned as Captain Marvel but couldn't defeat superhero ennui.

e1cf4d6d7069695a4a91f6a7d611f63b.jpg
This tends to suggest that Disney and Marvel Studio their top executives are either set in their ways
or more out of touch than ever before.

They are just making films and series in quantity. just for the heck of making a product. they are not searching
for "stand out " quality.

And it did not help matters that the film did not receive favorable reviews from the movie critics.

Me ? I was never gonna to see it at the theaters- as I was not fond of Brie Larson's "Captain Marvel "
acting performance (or the film itself and it's Nick Fury scratch) I still believe to this very day that
Capt. Marvel box office success piggy tailed off the actual box office mega-boom of Avengers Infinity
(which still reigns as the best comic book movie of all time, imo)

I wasn't very interested with " Ms Marvel " ..spiked from Disney series, that looked it was conjured
from Nick Toons format for kids. ... After one lone episode, it just never inspired or enthused me to see it further.

John813

Reaction score
I think if they cut out some of the fluff in Season two of Loki, it could of been movie worthy/done well in the box office with the performances from Hiddleson, Wilson and Quan

John813

Reaction score
It was good, but I'm still trying to decide if I liked the ending.
Yea, a bit torn on that. And the stubbornness of Sylvie was annoying leading to that end. I think the ending was a good one if Hiddleston indeed is done with the MCU.

at least they didn't kill him off again and if Tom does want to be part of another Avengers style movie I think they can work around that ending to have him step away from his throne for a bit. Aka O.B. can make a temporary loom to allow him to step away when need be

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This tends to suggest that Disney and Marvel Studio their top executives are either set in their ways

They are just making films and series in quantity. just for the heck of making a product. they are not searching

And it did not help matters that the film did not receive favorable reviews from the movie critics.

Me ? I was never gonna to see it at the theaters- as I was not fond of Brie Larson's "Captain Marvel "
acting performance (or the film itself and it's Nick Fury scratch) I still believe to this very day that
Capt. Marvel box office success piggy tailed off the actual box office mega-boom of Avengers Infinity

I wasn't very interested with " Ms Marvel " ..spiked from Disney series, that looked it was conjured
from Nick Toons format for kids. ... After one lone episode, it just never inspired or enthused me to see it further.
I think that Disney made the decision to make films that they wanted made, rather than what audiences were asking for.

There’s an old saying - “The customer is always right” - and I think Disney forgot that, and it’s come back to bite them - hard.

By trying to be all things for all people, they’ve turned off their core audience. They now need to regroup, do some damage control and self assessment, and chart a new course.

Poor decisions, market saturation and superhero fatigue have finally caught up to them.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

Were people clamoring for another Captain Marvel movie? Yeah, the first one made a bunch of money, but that had more to do with The Avengers movies and placement than the Captain Marvel movie itself.

Personally, I don't have a problem with Brie Larson, I'm just not very interested in the Captain Marvel character and that's part of the issue I have with the MCU. I don't really find Kang compelling either, yeah he's as big or bigger threat than Thanos, but I don't find Kang nearly as interesting. They have so much time and money invested into this storyline, but just don't have much enthusiasm for where it's going. They are trying to introduce a bunch of new characters and additional storylines as building blocks, but it just feels like it's collapsing under it's own weight.

They have already pushed their schedule back, partially due to the strike, but also due to fix things. The new Captain America movie, tested so badly they are undergoing extensive re-writes and re-shoots. Daredevil is suffering a similar fate. Maherhala Ali signed on to be Blade in 2019, the movie is scheduled to release late 2025, but that will probably be pushed back. That's 6 years, that seems ridiculous, he may age out before a sequel ever gets made.

@DallasEast said in his review that they have a plan and are following it, but I gotta question if the plan was good to begin with. The completion to this story is still many years away which is a little depressing, I really want this era done with already.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think that Disney made the decision to make films that they wanted made, rather than what audiences were asking for.

There’s an old saying - “The customer is always right” - and I think Disney forgot that, and it’s come back to bite them - hard.

By trying to be all things for all people, they’ve turned off their core audience. They now need to regroup, do some damage control and self assessment, and chart a new course.

Poor decisions, market saturation and superhero fatigue have finally caught up to them.
To be fair, in the earlier days, Disney showed people what they didn't even know they wanted. I guess it's hard to accept that they don't have that power anymore.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To be fair, in the earlier days, Disney showed people what they didn't even know they wanted. I guess it's hard to accept that they don't have that power anymore.
To be honest, Marvel worked with what they had at that point. Due to past financial woes prior to the Disney purchase, they had sold the rights to most of their characters to other film studios like Fox and Sony.