Comics and Movies

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://ew.com/movies/the-marvels-box-office-report/

The Marvels goes lower, nearer, and slower with MCU's worst box office opening ever​

Brie Larson returned as Captain Marvel but couldn't defeat superhero ennui.

e1cf4d6d7069695a4a91f6a7d611f63b.jpg
Yeah. I was expecting box office to be around that range. Wonder what the drop off will be between the opening weekend and next weekend?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This tends to suggest that Disney and Marvel Studio their top executives are either set in their ways
or more out of touch than ever before.

They are just making films and series in quantity. just for the heck of making a product. they are not searching
for "stand out " quality.

And it did not help matters that the film did not receive favorable reviews from the movie critics.

Me ? I was never gonna to see it at the theaters- as I was not fond of Brie Larson's "Captain Marvel "
acting performance (or the film itself and it's Nick Fury scratch) I still believe to this very day that
Capt. Marvel box office success piggy tailed off the actual box office mega-boom of Avengers Infinity
(which still reigns as the best comic book movie of all time, imo)

I wasn't very interested with " Ms Marvel " ..spiked from Disney series, that looked it was conjured
from Nick Toons format for kids. ... After one lone episode, it just never inspired or enthused me to see it further.
In regards to having zero interest in Ms. Marvel, I can say some of the audience like yourself can automatically disregard more movies in the future. My opinion is based on one of the closing scenes in The Marvels, which had a rock solid clue of what is upcoming that I fully expected to see at some point but did not think it would happen so soon. It was not nearly as great a clue or importance to me as what was seen during the ending credits cut scene :laugh:but I thought the related future Ms. Marvel info was worth mentioning.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think if they cut out some of the fluff in Season two of Loki, it could of been movie worthy/done well in the box office with the performances from Hiddleson, Wilson and Quan
I am trying to wrap my head around how Loki's stuff can be integrated into these MCU multiverse phases. One thing I am happy to see was the ingenuity and insight of linking the ending with the Thor movies in a significant way.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To be honest, Marvel worked with what they had at that point. Due to past financial woes prior to the Disney purchase, they had sold the rights to most of their characters to other film studios like Fox and Sony.
That is a good point. I do wonder what Marvel and Disney would have done post-Endgame without characters like Peter Parker/Spider-Man.

For example, some of the audience did not take to Benedict Cumberbatch and his Dr. Strange character. No Webhead would mean no Dr. Strange and Spider-Man: No Way Home. Would MCU actors like Cumberbatch be as valuable a commodity to Disney in planned projects that did not include characters they re-acquired for Marvel?

joseephuss

Reaction score
I didn't get Loki series.

Just didn't make sense to me. Randomly and suddenly give him immense powers to control the timeline(s). Somehow He Who Remains granted him this power, but none of it makes sense other than "accept it" and "just cause". Both seasons just came across as a mess to me. They paid a lot of attention to detail to make it look like the 70s/early 80s, but the stories seemed muddled. I get they wanted a Loki sendoff and redemption arc, but how they got there was strange. I'm still confused about how the primordial infinity stones are useless in the TVA.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't get Loki series.

Just didn't make sense to me. Randomly and suddenly give him immense powers to control the timeline(s). Somehow He Who Remains granted him this power, but none of it makes sense other than "accept it" and "just cause". Both seasons just came across as a mess to me. They paid a lot of attention to detail to make it look like the 70s/early 80s, but the stories seemed muddled. I get they wanted a Loki sendoff and redemption arc, but how they got there was strange. I'm still confused about how the primordial infinity stones are useless in the TVA.
I could be wrong but I do not believe He Who Remains gave him the power. Instead, Loki, through his trial-and-error dealing with time-slipping, gradually used his own Asgardian/Frost Giant magical powers to control the timestreams.

He Who Remains did manipulate everything and everyone, including Loki, into making choices. He Who Remains made his own isolated throne at the end of time. He wanted to release himself of that burden. Loki would prove to be his out IF He Who Remains could convince Loki everyone else was as important or more important than himself.

The audience witnessed this transition for Loki over the span of two seasons. It happened more quickly for his brother in the original Thor movie. Thor was selfish and self-centered but became caring and truly heroic by movie's end. It had infuriated Loki seeing Thor change so drastically.

During the series, Loki learned caring for others, his friends, was what he truly wanted. He learned the Glorious Purpose that drove practically all Lokis--the desire to rule from a throne--could be melded with personal empathy and love for others. He found out he was not limited to being just the God of Lies and Mischief.

So, in the end, with the fate of the multiverse at stake, he took the responsibility He Who Remains guide him too. And while he was reluctant to leave all he had ever known and wanted to do, he fully embraced a Glorious Purpose he never wanted or conceived of--all for the sake of saving everyone. It is a big evolution of a character that excels above the one seen of the main Loki through the MCU movies (and subsequent unfulfilled fate).

Just my take.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I could be wrong but I do not believe He Who Remains gave him the power. Instead, Loki, through his trial-and-error dealing with time-slipping, gradually used his own Asgardian/Frost Giant magical powers to control the timestreams.

He Who Remains did manipulate everything and everyone, including Loki, into making choices. He Who Remains made his own isolated throne at the end of time. He wanted to release himself of that burden. Loki would prove to be his out IF He Who Remains could convince Loki everyone else was as important or more important than himself.

The audience witnessed this transition for Loki over the span of two seasons. It happened more quickly for his brother in the original Thor movie. Thor was selfish and self-centered but became caring and truly heroic by movie's end. It had infuriated Loki seeing Thor change so drastically.

During the series, Loki learned caring for others, his friends, was what he truly wanted. He learned the Glorious Purpose that drove practically all Lokis--the desire to rule from a throne--could be melded with personal empathy and love for others. He found out he was not limited to being just the God of Lies and Mischief.

So, in the end, with the fate of the multiverse at stake, he took the responsibility He Who Remains guide him too. And while he was reluctant to leave all he had ever known and wanted to do, he fully embraced a Glorious Purpose he never wanted or conceived of--all for the sake of saving everyone. It is a big evolution of a character that excels above the one seen of the main Loki through the MCU movies (and subsequent unfulfilled fate).

Just my take.
Nicely put. Hopefully he'll continue to teach himself, to the point where he can participate in any universe he chooses, at will. I wouldn't want him to have the power to control them, but to just pop in a version of himself.

John813

Reaction score
I'm a little late in this conversation but for whenever they get another Black Panther movie going,
I'd assume TC III will be more involved/coming into age as the Panther. But based off his age in BP 2 he's still quite young.
Has there been any talks about a recast for TC III

or is this movie so far away it's just all fan rumors?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm a little late in this conversation but for whenever they get another Black Panther movie going,
I'd assume TC III will be more involved/coming into age as the Panther. But based off his age in BP 2 he's still quite young.
Has there been any talks about a recast for TC III

or is this movie so far away it's just all fan rumors?
I doubt Disney/Marvel has any firm plans of BP3 at this time and I have not come across anything definitely announced. I would classify anything said as a rumor in my opinion.
I think much will depend upon Letitia Wright reprising her role as Shuri and the new Black Panther. Chadwich Boseman's death was a tragedy, but Shuri's character was a familiar available alternative to keep the franchise going.

Other current characters can replace hers. The same could be true of brand new characters. However, continuality has been stretched thin as is post-Boseman. I highly doubt the title character will continue being re-shuffled.

In the comics, a couple of multiverses established T'Challa having a son, Azari, who would eventually become the new Black Panther. Wakanda Forever muddied up a possibility based on his son's name being Toussaint but it is not necessary for a successor to be that particular child. And I *think* Azari or another similar character might be considered based upon the multiverse theme of MCU phases AND a key clue from the final moments of The Marvels. Nothing solid, mind you. Just a guess. Even so, I doubt any new character would be a *permanent* replacement for Shuri.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What the bleep?

Video marks 1:36-138, 1:40-1:42, 1:47-1:48 (basically 1:36-1:48)

Is that... Danielle Moonstar? I know it's What If..? but the first season had a clue or two connected to other characters or things occurring in the ongoing MCU.

Do I break into a happy dance now or should I wait for confirmation? I'm like really impatient. Like a lot. :(

quickccc

Reaction score
I doubt Disney/Marvel has any firm plans of BP3 at this time and I have not come across anything definitely announced. I would classify anything said as a rumor in my opinion.
I think much will depend upon Letitia Wright reprising her role as Shuri and the new Black Panther. Chadwich Boseman's death was a tragedy, but Shuri's character was a familiar available alternative to keep the franchise going.

Other current characters can replace hers. The same could be true of brand new characters. However, continuality has been stretched thin as is post-Boseman. I highly doubt the title character will continue being re-shuffled.

In the comics, a couple of multiverses established T'Challa having a son, Azari, who would eventually become the new Black Panther. Wakanda Forever muddied up a possibility based on his son's name being Toussaint but it is not necessary for a successor to be that particular child. And I *think* Azari or another similar character might be considered based upon the multiverse theme of MCU phases AND a key clue from the final moments of The Marvels. Nothing solid, mind you. Just a guess. Even so, I doubt any new character would be a *permanent* replacement for Shuri.
i think Shuri character will still be there ...but I don't think Shuri will still reign as queen of Wakanda much less remain the Black Panther.

the ending seem to pretty much sum up what Marvel wants to proceed to a new BP.
I just wonder how they will " accelerate " age with a new prince.

But all in all,.. I am one of those that do expect a Black Panther 3 to be announced in production.
It's made Marvel too much money. ..and BP role is still very popular ..still easily one of Marvel's current
top sellers.

5a25c6f645b63a51d14d6ba6ef5abd98.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i think Shuri character will still be there ...but I don't think Shuri will still reign as queen of Wakanda much less remain the Black Panther.

the ending seem to pretty much sum up what Marvel wants to proceed to a new BP.
I just wonder how they will " accelerate " age with a new prince.

But all in all,.. I am one of those that do expect a Black Panther 3 to be announced in production.
It's made Marvel too much money. ..and BP role is still very popular ..still easily one of Marvel's current
top sellers.

5a25c6f645b63a51d14d6ba6ef5abd98.jpg
Brother. Dead. Mother. Dead. Brother's son. In secret exile. Last surviving member royalty, who SAVED Wakanda AS Black Panther, does NOT sit on the throne?

I don't know. You could be right but something ain't mathing for me. :huh:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Just my take.
A truly great summation. Good stuff!

At this point, I consider both Loki and Tom Hiddleston to be ‘on the shelf’ until further notice.

Could he come back? Sure. If the story and reasons make sense both artistically and commercially.

Otherwise, I expect him to remain exactly where he is.