Comics and Movies

nobody

Reaction score
Not sure what the ranking would be but one glaring omission is the Phoenix Force. From those five, I would slot it above the Celestials, the Watchers and even Lord Chaos and Master Order.

Molecule Man's true power limits have always confused me. Just how powerful is he? He definitely belongs in the Top 20 or Top 25 in my opinion.

That depends on which retcon you go by. One retcon in the early 90's had The Beyonder and the Molecule Man's powers be two parts of the same Cosmic Cube. Part went to Molecule man and most went to the Beyonder....so in that story, the Beyonder is even less powerful than a Cosmic Cube (or hatched one.) I think they've since changed that silly explanation.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That Silver Surfer Infinite Gaunlet issue is one i need to get! ... i never heard of that "What If " issue.
I wonder if such a vast weapon along with the Surfer's power cosmic make him even more powerful than the Beyonder himself.

According the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe (Book of the Dead) ..the Beyonder was the most powerful being ever to exist in the Multi-verse.
He was only limited by the level of his imagination.

And if i can remember the Most Powerful Beings ever in the entire Marvel Universe were:
-the Beyonder
-the Living Tribunal
-the Celestials
- the Watchers
- Lord Chaos and Master Order

Am i missing anyone else?
And i still get confused with what exact ranking was the power of the Molecule Man.

I once thought Galactus or Odin would've been in that mix among the most powerful beings ever, but I surprisingly learned that it isn't the case.

I’d definitely rank Beyonder at the top. Korvac was another incredibly powerful being as I recall. There was another one whose name escapes me that Bendis :mad: created that wiped out Alpha Flight like they were nothing.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That depends on which retcon you go by. One retcon in the early 90's had The Beyonder and the Molecule Man's powers be two parts of the same Cosmic Cube. Part went to Molecule man and most went to the Beyonder....so in that story, the Beyonder is even less powerful than a Cosmic Cube (or hatched one.) I think they've since changed that silly explanation.

I sure HOPE SO! Yikes! :facepalm:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
yeah Barrys art was fantastic, especially if he did his own inks. What marvel should have done is make conan bi monthly, or put buscema on the book earlier,
and then let Barry do mini series, take his time, do some great art to a howard story, then great colors. and release it when finished.
He was in UK at the time, and he had to mail is work to NY ! lol and one time the art got lost, so they did a fill in story, and I dont think
the art was ever found! all that work for nothing. Should have been set up to just print those in UK. Have a small marvel office there.

I got in on Conan around issue 23, but since I could go to other stores and get older issues for cover price, I got back to issue 13 the rest I had to pick
up at comic stores. or cons. I didnt care for the buscema version, I bought it for about a year and it was ok, but his version was like a older conan,
where as Barry did a young Conan.
Buscema did want to do it from the beginning but, he was too expensive, he was an established and popular artist. It was a new title and not part of the Marvel Universe, it was a risk so that's how relative newcomer Barry Smith got the gig. It did go back and forth between monthly and bi-monthly a couple of times early on.
Smith's version of Conan was thinner, lankier than Buscema's version, which was fine for the stories of a younger Conan, but Buscema's was probably closer to the original Howard version. Smith's art is some of the finest you'll ever see in a comic book( along with Bernie Wrightson), but he was more of a fine artist than a "comic book" artist. He didn't really enjoy the comic book procedures or constraints.

D0_oWDYUcAA1vss.jpg:large

quickccc

Reaction score
Not sure what the ranking would be but one glaring omission is the Phoenix Force. From those five, I would slot it above the Celestials, the Watchers and even Lord Chaos and Master Order.

Molecule Man's true power limits have always confused me. Just how powerful is he? He definitely belongs in the Top 20 or Top 25 in my opinion.

Ah, yes, you’re right. The Phoenix force was definitely one I forgot to mentioned.

“ Eternity “ was another one I failed to mentioned – supposedly the embodiment of the entire universe.

- I’d like to find out just how vastly powerful Michael Korvac was, and how he ranks among most powerful beings.
From what I understand Michael was actually human before he somehow merged with the living computer and became “Korvac’ .

He was supposedly powerfully threatening enuff, to where he came close to those like the Watchers, Living Tribunal and Lord/Master Order & Chaos considering interferiing
Earth’s affairs.
I thought the " Elders of the Universe " were so powerful that they were supposed to in some kind of mention, but I’d need to re-check.

nobody

Reaction score

Another one, that even outpowers the Phoenix Force I think, that they brought in from the New Universe: The Star Brand.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ah, yes, you’re right. The Phoenix force was definitely one I forgot to mentioned.

“ Eternity “ was another one I failed to mentioned – supposedly the embodiment of the entire universe.

- I’d like to find out just how vastly powerful Michael Korvac was, and how he ranks among most powerful beings.
From what I understand Michael was actually human before he somehow merged with the living computer and became “Korvac’ .

He was supposedly powerfully threatening enuff, to where he came close to those like the Watchers, Living Tribunal and Lord/Master Order & Chaos considering interferiing
Earth’s affairs.
I thought the " Elders of the Universe " were so powerful that they were supposed to in some kind of mention, but I’d need to re-check.
Did some googling to catch up on stuff I have missed since I stopped buying comics regularly. There is a good/evil hybrid being called One Above All/One Below All. Supposedly, he oversees the entire Multiverse. From what little I have read, I would be easily tempted to put him at No. 1 of the rankings, lol.

quickccc

Reaction score

Earth’s affairs.

Eternity
e8df3312cd14266559a7cc958510b9a3.jpg

The Living Tribunal
ce8459034d917217137337938764477e.jpg

The Beyonder
ca1f9de355ceeb268409980368428183.jpg

Lord Chaos and Master Order
e3a19f1f073f972c82bc7a9b498373f6.jpg

c93641e3db1dc882f464af07d5486798.jpg

The Phoenix Force
b96b8bc0a168a7e0d89d7eced961702d.jpg

The Molecule Man
135f39eea2e4ba69ce7f7d37e506aa78.jpg

7d380fc9894f4aa9b9f8e63574758d1e.jpg

Michael Korvac

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtniyYymAgkNgw8whC0pcxEQ6CbzYECoWW4Q&usqp=CAU

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hulu cancels star-studded Marvel show after just one season
By Tom Goodwyn
May 16, 2022

Hulu has canceled animated series M.O.D.O.K after just one season on the air. The show, which was made in stop-motion adult animation, debuted all the way back in May of 2021, but its cancelation has only just been confirmed by Hulu, according to Variety.

Patton Oswalt, stand-up comedian and star of The King of Queens, acted as both co-showrunner and the voice of the title character, while Ben Schwartz, the voice of Sonic The Hedgehog, Brooklyn Nine Nine's Melissa Fumero, The Goldbergs' star Wendi McLendon-Covey and Saturday Night Live regular Beck Bennett, were among the supporting voice cast.

M.O.D.O.K stands for Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing and follows the title character, an egomaniacal supervillain who is struggling to keep control of his evil organization and his demanding family commitments.

Read More

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Miles Teller shares his conditions for a return to ‘Fantastic Four’
By Jamie Dunkin
May 17, 2022

AAXmpqD.img

In one of the worst comic book movies of all time, Miles Teller starred as Fantastic Four‘s Reed Richards. But what would it take for him to return to the stretchy shoes of Mister Fantastic?

As the internet continues to react and discuss the shock fan-casting come to life of
John Krasinski as Reed in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, his predecessor
has spoken on his conditions to return to the role that landed him near to no positive recognition. Speaking to The Digital Fix ahead of the release of Top Gun: Maverick, it seemed a matter of time before Teller was asked. And did Teller tell.

“The thing that I look at for pretty much every project is scripts. That’s first and foremost. The character, the director, the cast, the cinematographer: all of those things, I think, go into making a decision. So, if I thought all those things were in place, and we had a really good chance to succeed, then yeah, I wouldn’t have a problem with it.”​

Read More

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just say no to Miles Teller. Although I did not have as much of a problem with Kate Mara and Michael B. Jordan as others might have, I say just say no to anything connected with that 2015 fiasco. :facepalm:

No need to worry.

As big of a comic book fan as I am, I have intentionally never seen that abomination of a film (pun intended) and likely never will.

There are several that I have never wasted the time to watch.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doctor Strange 2 Has Already Outgrossed Four Modern Marvel Films' Entire Box Office
Mayank Nailwal | CBR
May 16, 2022

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness has already amassed a significant total at the box office.

According to Fandango, the Marvel Cinematic Universe blockbuster has added another $61 million in its second weekend for a domestic total of $291.9 million. These figures surpass the lifetime domestic gross of recent Marvel films, including the first Doctor Strange ($232 million), Venom ($213 million), Logan ($226 million) and Captain America: The Winter Soldier ($259 million). The film appears to be on track to outperform Iron Man 2 ($312 million) as well.

Despite the triumphs, the Doctor Strange sequel recorded a massive drop at the domestic box office, a sharp 81 percent fall from its first weekend collections. Its global take of $688.1 million, at the time of writing, is still significant, but the drop is the third-largest for an MCU film, behind last year's Black Widow and Spider-Man: No Way Home, which both fell by 68 percent.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/ne...newsntp&cvid=9020075b411748929a915630f6c97e5b
Read More

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doctor Strange 2 Has Already Outgrossed Four Modern Marvel Films' Entire Box Office
Mayank Nailwal | CBR
May 16, 2022

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness has already amassed a significant total at the box office.

According to Fandango, the Marvel Cinematic Universe blockbuster has added another $61 million in its second weekend for a domestic total of $291.9 million. These figures surpass the lifetime domestic gross of recent Marvel films, including the first Doctor Strange ($232 million), Venom ($213 million), Logan ($226 million) and Captain America: The Winter Soldier ($259 million). The film appears to be on track to outperform Iron Man 2 ($312 million) as well.

Despite the triumphs, the Doctor Strange sequel recorded a massive drop at the domestic box office, a sharp 81 percent fall from its first weekend collections. Its global take of $688.1 million, at the time of writing, is still significant, but the drop is the third-largest for an MCU film, behind last year's Black Widow and Spider-Man: No Way Home, which both fell by 68 percent.

Read More

Big box office, but the huge drop off is telling.

And I still can’t believe a phenomenal film like Winter Soldier wasn’t a much bigger box office hit. There truly is no accounting for taste.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Big box office, but the huge drop off is telling.

And I still can’t believe a phenomenal film like Winter Soldier wasn’t a much bigger box office hit. There truly is no accounting for taste.
My grade for Doctor Strange 2 shows how much more I enjoyed it but it does not compare at all to Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Simu Liu Clarifies ‘Moon Knight’ Mandarin Translator Dig: Marvel Is Not ‘Monolithic’ in Representation
By Samantha Bergeson | IndieWire
May 16, 2022 12:30 pm

BLC0142_102_comp_FRA_v0053.1037_R2.jpg

The “Barbie” actor wrote, “Alright Arthur Harrow needs to fire his Mandarin teacher” after a “Moon Knight” episode included Ethan Hawke’s character Arthur speaking Mandarin to one of his cult followers, played by Miriam Nyarko. Other “Moon Knight” viewers commented on Liu’s tweet confirming that there were “zero Mandarin/Chinese words spoken” in the scene.

“I think there’s maybe a misconception that Marvel is this kind of monolithic, all-powerful single organism with infinite resources,” Liu now told GQ. “I think that it’s easy to allocate the blame to Marvel as a whole. If you really break it down, there was a translator that probably shouldn’t have been a translator. There were probably a couple of people in the decision-making process that should have raised a flag that didn’t.”

Read more

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My grade for Doctor Strange 2 shows how much more I enjoyed it but it does not compare at all to Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

“It’s Strange”, but while I wasn’t crazy about Doctor Strange 2, part of me can’t wait to see it again. Maybe to try to glean some details that I missed the first time? Maybe to understand it better? Maybe to appreciate it more?

That’s happened for me with several films I wasn’t crazy about the first time around but have grown to appreciate more. Examples would be Iron Man 3 and Captain Marvel. The more I’ve rewatched them, the more they’ve grown on me.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Marvel's She-Hulk Disney+ Series is Reportedly a 'Mess'
BY JONATHAN FUGE | MovieWeb
May 17, 2022

AAXnpAV.img

Thanks to several accidental leaks, which came courtesy of official channels, we have recently been privy to several slices of interesting information regarding the upcoming Marvel Disney+ series, She-Hulk. Including when it will air on the streaming platform. Unfortunately, thanks to some backstage insight from former The Hollywood Reporter editor and Puck co-founder Matthew Belloni, there may not be much to be excited about regarding She-Hulk, as the series is reportedly “a mess.”

“The upcoming She-Hulk is supposedly a mess, I’ve heard (even with Mark Ruffalo in a small role), and Ms. Marvel is another big test for fans. Nobody’s saying Marvel’s TV output is in trouble, but it’s something to keep an eye on."

Belloni discussed She-Hulk in the context of Marvel’s Disney+ output, some of which has seemingly been quite divisive. "So Moon Knight generated about half the initial viewership as Hawkeye, and many fans seem to dislike it intensely,” he said of the MCU shows. “I recently discussed the question of whether Marvel has a creative problem on my podcast, The Town, but even from a purely business perspective, Marvel needs to figure out how to generate Avenger-level interest from non-Avenger properties.”

https://movieweb.com/marvels-she-hulk-disney-series-reportedly-mess/
Read More

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hulu cancels star-studded Marvel show after just one season
By Tom Goodwyn
May 16, 2022

Hulu has canceled animated series M.O.D.O.K after just one season on the air. The show, which was made in stop-motion adult animation, debuted all the way back in May of 2021, but its cancelation has only just been confirmed by Hulu, according to Variety.

Patton Oswalt, stand-up comedian and star of The King of Queens, acted as both co-showrunner and the voice of the title character, while Ben Schwartz, the voice of Sonic The Hedgehog, Brooklyn Nine Nine's Melissa Fumero, The Goldbergs' star Wendi McLendon-Covey and Saturday Night Live regular Beck Bennett, were among the supporting voice cast.

M.O.D.O.K stands for Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing and follows the title character, an egomaniacal supervillain who is struggling to keep control of his evil organization and his demanding family commitments.

Read More
It sucked.