CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
535882e2c246e97715cc9775df01f0d0.jpg
Yep. ^ That one makes me want to hurl.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i do admit one DC comic figure I overlooked , and one I considered an enjoyable lie action in the make of BLACK ADAM ...

eb7ef72a19eb7f2f0351a09c5950e5a7.jpg

By It's underwhelming box office numbers, it wasn't received by ... (yes, drum-roll again ) the dreaded film critics .. but it's a guility pleasure for me.
Per ending critics surprised, i was disappointed that it a sequel and of course Super-powered showdown . that it will not happened (sigh)
One of my favorite things about the movie was Sarah Shahi being in it. Gorgeous.

One of my least favorite things was seeing Pierce Brosnan face. Then not seeing Brosnan's face. Then seeing his face. Then not seeing his face. Then

THAT'S NOT HOW THE HELMET OF NABOO IS SUPPOSED TO WORK, MR. JAMES BOND AND WB IDIOTS!!! :banghead:

quickccc

Reaction score
For 80 years, DC Comics' big three are Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. The Amazon Princess was a hit for ABC during the shallow titillation days of 1970's television for five seasons.

Between her show debuted and her movie was released, her two peers had appeared on the big screen in title roles for:

Superman (1978)
Superman II (1980)
Superman III (1983)
Superman IV: The Quest for Peace (1987) :facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
Batman (1989)
Batman Returns (1992)
Batman Forever (1995)
Batman & Robin (1997)
Batman Begins (2005)
Superman Returns (2006) no comment
The Dark Knight (2008) :starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin:
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
Man of Steel (2013)
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) Hello Diana!
That's fourteen. 14. One more than the average age of puberty before studio heads to finally pull theirs out of their collective <expletive>. My celebration was short-lived. They released that sequel. :facepalm:

And before anyone says folks were cowering in their britches for decades over a viable box office female superhero in a leading role, please consider one thing first:

The idiots green lighted Supergirl in 1984. :facepalm: Superman IV should have been the end of superhero movies altogether if the Supergirl bomb turned them all into Courage the Cowardly Dog into denying Wonder Woman a shot.

@DallasEast

Should we be thankful that the studios went with Super Girl '84...and did not decide to do a solo Bat Girl -featuring of your beloved pet peeves in Alicia Silverstone ?
LOL ...:muttley:

19923279b351046502e04b2e8413c153.jpg

2440d805eab94b1818bb7fa964c5246e.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
@DallasEast

Should we be thankful that the studios went with Super Girl '84...and did not decide to do a solo Bat Girl -featuring of your beloved pet peeves in Alicia Silverstone ?
LOL ...:muttley:

19923279b351046502e04b2e8413c153.jpg

2440d805eab94b1818bb7fa964c5246e.jpg
Heck no. We should not be thankful for Helen Shaver in Supergirl or Alicia Silverstone in Batman & Robin. Clueless Silverstone doing a solo film would have likely been as bad an idea as National Lampoon's Van Wilder Ryan Reynolds in Green Lantern. Maybe worse, lol.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
DC did fairly well with their small screen and animated stuff, Gotham, Arrow, Smallville, Flash, etc., they just never had that coordinated effort and planning for the big screen.
I always thought if they were thinking about it right, they could have converted all their teen hero shows to some type of Teen Titans and independently tie the storylines into the movie universe without making it like Marvel where you basically need to watch all the shows to understand where the movie plot line starts. Use the TV universe for the always important young demographic (which they sort of did) and keep movies for everyone but still link them in same shared story universe. Blow everyone away when you put them on the big screen for same type of epic show down as the Avengers End Game movies.

i do admit one DC comic figure I overlooked , and one I considered an enjoyable lie action in the make of BLACK ADAM ...

eb7ef72a19eb7f2f0351a09c5950e5a7.jpg

By It's underwhelming box office numbers, it wasn't received by ... (yes, drum-roll again ) the dreaded film critics .. but it's a guility pleasure for me.
Per ending critics surprised, i was disappointed that it a sequel and of course Super-powered showdown . that it will not happened (sigh)
Yeah bummer. AND they totally screwed Henry Cavill. Gave up his spot on one of the highest viewed streaming shows, The Witcher, because DC told him he was back in action, then pulled the rug out when they brought in Gunn. So DC screwed up two franchises at the same time. They have multi-tasking talent!

(PS - It’s a shame too that DC only realized at the very end that the Amanda Waller character could be their own Nick Fury. Probably even better.)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
An interesting little nuggets I thought I’d share with my brethren.

If you go to marvel.com/fantasticfour, you’ll see Herbie the Robot and an Error 404. If you click on the QR code located on Herbie, you’ll be taken to several FF comics to read as background information. I’m guessing they’re prepping us fans for their vision of what the MCU Fantastic Four will be like.

Enjoy!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
An interesting little nuggets I thought I’d share with my brethren.

If you go to marvel.com/fantasticfour, you’ll see Herbie the Robot and an Error 404. If you click on the QR code located on Herbie, you’ll be taken to several FF comics to read as background information. I’m guessing they’re prepping us fans for their vision of what the MCU Fantastic Four will be like.

Enjoy!
:bow:

Thanks for posting. I may re-up my Marvel Unlimited subscription in order to read the Life Story issue from 2021.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Some video creators have been uploading side-by-side comparisons of the X-Men: The Animated Series and X-Men '97 intros to YouTube, TikTok, etc. The ones I have seen have usually edited the new series intro so scenes more closely match what was seen in the old series intro. I did not edit either version to emphasize I enjoy their differing presentations equally.

My attempt keeps the original screen resolutions and made the original series' audio dominant over the new one. The X-Men '97 intro is from its first episode and not the subsequent episodes featuring Magneto.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Some video creators have been uploading side-by-side comparisons of the X-Men: The Animated Series and X-Men '97 intros to YouTube, TikTok, etc. The ones I have seen have usually edited the new series intro so scenes more closely match what was seen in the old series intro. I did not edit either version to emphasize I enjoy their differing presentations equally.

My attempt keeps the original screen resolutions and made the original series' audio dominant over the new one. The X-Men '97 intro is from its first episode and not the subsequent episodes featuring Magneto.

Speaking of which, I didn't care for the most recent (3rd?) episode. I don't really like Jubilee much. X-Men should be able to do more than throw firecrackers.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Speaking of which, I didn't care for the most recent (3rd?) episode. I don't really like Jubilee much. X-Men should be able to do more than throw firecrackers.
So far, the series has tried adding more back info into the episodes than it did decades ago. Not sure if the storytelling will change but episodes like the third one may be typical for this first season at least. Last week's fourth episode was similar in presentation. I have not seen this week's episode that released today yet.

I am also not sure if they will ever unchain Jubilee's potential. It is pretty close to what she was in the first series so far. Her 'firecrackers' look like fireworks but are actually concentrated spheres of plasma. Her character can increase the intensity and destructive capability of her blasts but the show may keep her depowered for some idiotic reason.

The 90's series had a logical reason for depowering the characters since it was a Saturday morning cartoon with a primary audience of children (oh no! the kiddies cannot take it! dumb it down to dog level for them!). This series does not have that excuse to fall back on.

Jubilee is more than capable of taking out a Sentinel one-on-one. Whether they take the reins off the character and make her more interesting for some of the audience is anyone's guess. For all I know, they may keep her mutant power capped and introduce her vampire abilities down the road. :rolleyes: Vampire Jubilee is another long story. Don't ask. :muttley:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
X-Men '97

If episode five does not make you a fan of the show,

turn it off and switch to something else because nothing will.

cTZuPTb.png

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Saw someone had uploaded it to IMGUR. It was one of my favorite '90s Sci-Fi shows. I only posted it for that reason. :cool: