DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

When Every DC Comic for a Month Had Its Title Worked Into Its Cover Image

By Brian Cronin | CBR
June 10, 2024

I Can't Cover What I Am is a feature where I spotlight a collection of comic book covers (of at least ten covers...okay, I also typically stop at ten, so I should just say "ten covers") that follow a specific theme. Today, we spotlight DC's December 2001 covers, where every book in that month had its title worked into the cover.

DC Comics still occasionally does cool stuff like this, but back in the late 1990s/early 2000s, it seems like DC was always trying to come up with some sort of fun company-wide idea to just stand out. In December 2001, DC decided to do a linewide bit where every one of its superhero comic book titles for the month of December 2001... Read more

The article has 33 different covers. The Detective Comics, Supergirl and Doom Patrol covers were my three overall favorites. The article mainly displays the covers, so it is a really fun read--without any real need to read it, lol.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Ahead Of Ahsoka Season 2, The Star Wars Show’s Composer Shared How Dave Filoni Has Already Started Preparing Him For The Next Episodes

By Adam Holmes | Cinema Blend
June 11, 2024

Following guest appearances in The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett, Rosario Dawson’s Ahsoka Tano finally got to take center stage last year in her own TV series streaming exclusively to people who have a Disney+ subscription. The Ahsoka Season 1 finale ended with plenty of cliffhangers, so fans of the show can take comfort knowing that Ahsoka Season 2 is officially happening. When it will arrive on the slate of upcoming Star Wars TV shows remains to be seen, but composer Kevin Kiner, who scored Ahsoka with his children Sean and Deana, told CinemaBlend that creator Dave Filoni has already started preparing him for the next episodes in a unique way.

During my conversation with Kiner, which included him talking about the “challenge” that comes with scoring for Grand Admiral Thrawn, he gave the below answer when I asked if he’d talked with Filoni about what’s coming in Ahsoka Season 2 so he can start building a musical foundation... Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
U7UqynA.png

The hero is a monster everyone wants to kill. He hides as a human in order to protect humanity, fighting side by side with those who defend humanity against the monsters and would destroy him without a second thought.

Then, when the REAL big bad is going to blast an entire city off the face of the Earth, he stops hiding to save them all.

So. They arrest him.

And the series' first season ends.

I really really REALLY dislike anime sometimes. :banghead:

EDIT: Whoops! Two more episodes to go this season. Went a little bonkers there for a second. haha. :D

...but it is only two more episodes. :mad:

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Jubilee's History as a Vampire, Explained

By Cass Clarke | Marvel.com
June 15, 2024

Known for her fiery antics and explosive neon style, Jubilation Lee debuted in Chris Claremont and Marc Silvestri's UNCANNY X-MEN (1963) #244. After her parents' sudden death, Jubilee spent her teen years living in malls and using her energy blast powers to create dazzling light shows for money. But her wandering ended when she witnessed the Reavers' ambush on Wolverine in UNCANNY X-MEN (1963) #251. After helping him, the two forged a familial bond, leading her to join the X-Men.

Notably, Jubilee is one of the only X-Men to become a vampire—an affliction of which she was cured after almost a decade. As she taps that experience to survive BLOOD HUNT in X-MEN: BLOOD HUNT - JUBILEE (2024) #1 by Preeti Chhibber and Enid Balam, let's look back at her transformation, her vampiric allies the Forgiven, and her long road to recovery...Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Happy Father's Day to Shazam and His Weird Hot Demon Daughter
By Rosie Knight | DC.com
June 14, 2024

Did you know that Shazam is a father? No, no, not that Shazam. Not the superhero who's actually a child who transforms into an adult—that would be weird and kinda icky. I'm talking about the Wizard Shazam A.K.A. Jebediah of Canaan A.K.A. the magical man behind Billy Batson and the rest of the Shazamily getting their powers. He’s actually a father, and in a shocking turn of events, his daughter is a sexy demon known as Blaze who has been causing chaos in the pages of DC comics since 1990. So, seeing as Father's Day is this weekend, let's revisit this most unexpected daddy daughter relationship...Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Official Timeline: The Eras of Star Wars (link)​

Every saga has a beginning, middle, and end. The stories of the galaxy far, far away span thousands of years, with eras defined along a mythological timeline giving context to its past, present, and future. As Star Wars continues to expand and evolve, these eras provide a sense of scope to an epic tale still being told.

duoRGm8.jpg