Comics and Movies

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't get me wrong, I do find it sad. I'm just saying that the franchise can re-cast the role and go on without a problem. It's not like trying to re-cast T'Challa.
Personally, I see them re-booting the whole thing now after this long interval--and I admit judging my opinion as silly at the same time. The Star Trek franchise, as a whole, has established it will keep bringing the same actors back over and over for decades. I think back to Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country and the tragic scene of Dr. McCoy valiantly trying to save the Klingon chancellor's life. Deforest Kelley looked as if he might suffer a real-life heart attack trying to revive this actor faking death! At some point, the cast's time should have been up but it was the studio's opportunity of moving on from them to The Next Generation cast that actually ended their run.

Pegg. Chris Pine. Zoe Saldana. Karl Urban. Zachary Quinto. John Cho. All of the core cast are young enough to move on either without Yelchin or have his role re-cast. Perhaps some or all of them may not care when the end of their Star Trek run might end. I am certain their compensation is well worth redonning Starfleet uniforms every couple of years or so.

Even so, I would think one or more of them might want to end their association. Collectively, today's actors are not like the original set of actors, whose careers were, respectfully, neither as famous or as well-paid. The current cast started out in 2009. Saldana, for example, was wanting to move on from playing Gamora in the MCU before Avengers: Endgame was released. The time between Endgame and the first Guardians movie was only five years. Her Star Trek commitment is holding in limbo after 15 years.

I do not know. To me, the longer nothing happens, the more likely nothing new will happen either.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Personally, I see them re-booting the whole thing now after this long interval--and I admit judging my opinion as silly at the same time. The Star Trek franchise, as a whole, has established it will keep bringing the same actors back over and over for decades. I think back to Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country and the tragic scene of Dr. McCoy valiantly trying to save the Klingon chancellor's life. Deforest Kelley looked as if he might suffer a real-life heart attack trying to revive this actor faking death! At some point, the cast's time should have been up but it was the studio's opportunity of moving on from them to The Next Generation cast that actually ended their run.

Pegg. Chris Pine. Zoe Saldana. Karl Urban. Zachary Quinto. John Cho. All of the core cast are young enough to move on either without Yelchin or have his role re-cast. Perhaps some or all of them may not care when the end of their Star Trek run might end. I am certain their compensation is well worth redonning Starfleet uniforms every couple of years or so.

Even so, I would think one or more of them might want to end their association. Collectively, today's actors are not like the original set of actors, whose careers were, respectfully, neither as famous or as well-paid. The current cast started out in 2009. Saldana, for example, was wanting to move on from playing Gamora in the MCU before Avengers: Endgame was released. The time between Endgame and the first Guardians movie was only five years. Her Star Trek commitment is holding in limbo after 15 years.

I do not know. To me, the longer nothing happens, the more likely nothing new will happen either.
I think that, if anyone was to pull out, it would be Urban and Saldana, since they both have so many other options. Pine and Quinto have pretty much become known as their characters, IMO. Cho has options, but not much in drama, I don't think.

I think either they've wrapped this incarnation up, or will after the next movie, if there is one, then they should concentrate on Strange New Worlds, whether it be the series or a motion picture.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think that, if anyone was to pull out, it would be Urban and Saldana, since they both have so many other options. Pine and Quinto have pretty much become known as their characters, IMO. Cho has options, but not much in drama, I don't think.

I think either they've wrapped this incarnation up, or will after the next movie, if there is one, then they should concentrate on Strange New Worlds, whether it be the series or a motion picture.
Bold> I... think the possibility of that happening is close to zero. Unlike Pine's Star Trek, SNW is based within the primary franchise that began with TOS. One episode, in particular, has already confirmed the series follows Christopher Pike's Starfleet career. Not exactly as originally told in TOS but pretty darn close.;):)