Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Marvel Ruined Wolverine's Adamantium Bones with One Cheap Weakness
By Joshua Isaak | Screen Rant
May 22, 2022

Wolverine-with-Metal-Claws-Comic.jpeg

Marvel's Wolverine is not only one of the most popular X-Men, but one of the strongest, armed with a potent healing factor that allows him to constantly cheat death - but his other strength leads to a shockingly mundane weakness. Marvel fans know Logan is incredibly tough in part due to his nigh-unbreakable Adamantium skeleton, comprised of metal bonded to his bones in a painful process courtesy of the Weapon X Project. But Ultimate X-Men #60 reveals Logan's true weakness - and it completely ruins the very idea of his skeleton.

Originally, Wolverine appeared in The Incredible Hulk #181 with metal claws that may or may not have been part of his costume. Later stories made it abundantly clear that Wolverine was born with claws as part of his mutation - but they were not covered in metal until he underwent the dangerous bonding process as part of Weapon X. Those without Wolverine's healing ability would not survive, making him a prime candidate. With the adamantium bonded to his skeleton, Wolverine would become an unstoppable killing machine without any weakness - or so he would think.

Read more

Tough call. I’ve never been a fan of the seemingly ‘invincible’ Wolverine character, but an ‘off button’ is no solution either. I’ve also never been a fan of the Ultimate Universe stuff either. I’ve always seen it as another ‘cheat’ for the writers.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So is it a manner of the studios not giving Jennifer Gardner the traditional Elektra outfit look, is that maybe why she's not looking the part for you ?

Because that was one of the small pet peeves i had with Afflick/Gardner DD film - and especially Elektra solo film,. .especially since it's her film.
If there was a DD sequel, i would've expected that traditional outfit, - which even Netflix gave some similarity with Elodie Yung to better meet the Elektra look.

Like others have already mentioned, Gardner has proved series and film such as Peppermint, Alias that she can portray adventure/action roles.
Imo, she's proven versatile and not just a typo cast as the romantic or girlie tickers such as the "13 going on 30 " ... " Miracles from Heaven ",.. " Intention of Lying " , etc.

bcf26d6a1391e252198e20c5ca038488.jpg

I would prefer a more Greek looking actress, with long black hair and features. One that looks like the character.

quickccc

Reaction score
Tough call. I’ve never been a fan of the seemingly ‘invincible’ Wolverine character, but an ‘off button’ is no solution either. I’ve also never been a fan of the Ultimate Universe stuff either. I’ve always seen it as another ‘cheat’ for the writers.

yeh, i admit with all the Ultimate and alternative Marvel comic age that eventually came upon the scene ... that's where i either got so lost,or i got irritated that Marvel sought artwork over action and i drifted too far away, and that's why i'm not as familiar with certain past characters, story issues as i normally would've been.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Perhaps the biggest question surrounding Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is the question of who will take on the titular superhero mantle. There are a number of possibilities, including Letitia Wright’s Shuri. Other candidates are Danai Gurira’s Okoye or Winston Duke’s M’Baku.

https://www.cinemablend.com/superhe...onoring-chadwick-boseman-in-the-marvel-sequel

Question for the group, who would you like to see assume the role of Black Panther?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Perhaps the biggest question surrounding Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is the question of who will take on the titular superhero mantle. There are a number of possibilities, including Letitia Wright’s Shuri. Other candidates are Danai Gurira’s Okoye or Winston Duke’s M’Baku.

https://www.cinemablend.com/superhe...onoring-chadwick-boseman-in-the-marvel-sequel

Question for the group, who would you like to see assume the role of Black Panther?
If the primary candidates are Letitia Wright, Danai Gurira or Winston Duke, I would choose Gurira. In my opinion, Wright would be the 'too whimsical' choice, while Duke would be 'too brutish'. Maybe it is a combination of watching her as the samurai sword-welding Michonne on The Walking Dead and as Captain Okoye of the Dora Milaje in the MCU that makes me bias. She has the characteristics of a strong leader, intelligence, wisdom and fighting skills--all within a single package. Gurira would get my vote.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the primary candidates are Letitia Wright, Danai Gurira or Winston Duke, I would choose Gurira. In my opinion, Wright would be the 'too whimsical' choice, while Duke would be 'too brutish'. Maybe it is a combination of watching her as the samurai sword-welding Michonne on The Walking Dead and as Captain Okoye of the Dora Milaje in the MCU that makes me bias. She has the characteristics of a strong leader, intelligence, wisdom and fighting skills--all within a single package. Gurira would get my vote.

She’s up there for me as well, but I think I’d give the nod to Duke. Wright would be a far-distant last choice.

I’ve had my fill of male characters gender-swapped as females.

Taking a look at the Avengers and they’ve nearly all been seemingly recast as females:

Thor - Jane Thor - Love and Thunder
Black Widow - White Widow/Yelena Belova
Iron Man - the reported Ironheart
Captain America - Sam Wilson/Falcon (the exception)
Hawkeye - Kate Bishop
Hulk - She-Hulk

nobody

Reaction score
Even much more than that ..
There actually was an comic issue (Fatal Attraction series, issue #25) during a battle on a certain planet where Magneto himself was able to totally rip out Wolverine's Adamantium metal skeleton, even though Logan's unique metal alloy was thought to be totally unbreakable.

Adamantium has shown to be breakable in extreme circumstances over and over. Certain things that are stronger than Adamantium have been broken over the years...but it usually takes a beyond cosmic level of force.

However, they have established over decades that Magneto is powerful enough to permanently alter the Earth's magnetic field, so him manipulating Adamantium in that way would probably be possible. Plus anything that punks Wolverine is a good thing. That character is so overdone, boring and just not interesting.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Adamantium has shown to be breakable in extreme circumstances over and over. Certain things that are stronger than Adamantium have been broken over the years...but it usually takes a beyond cosmic level of force.

However, they have established over decades that Magneto is powerful enough to permanently alter the Earth's magnetic field, so him manipulating Adamantium in that way would probably be possible. Plus anything that punks Wolverine is a good thing. That character is so overdone, boring and just not interesting.

I agree about the ‘overdone’ part. It got to the point of resentment with me.

quickccc

Reaction score

I would think there's likely elite supremely powerful beings that can break down adamantium metal alloy down on a molecular scale.
(ala Beyonder, Molecule Man, Phoenix Force, etc, as well as the aforementioned Magneto)

" Overdone" i could see that ... "Boring?" now that is surprising of you to say that, ..

I always thought Wolverine's characteristic personality makes him the most appealing identity among the Xmen members and among superhero films in general.
Berserker manner, arrogance, gung-ho maverick. do what i wanna do, go where i wanna go self-indulged, with a courageous fearless take no prisoner attitude and ego.
He's different than other superhero characters. Thus Marvel and all of the sponsors marketing him will oversell him.

What other Xmen Marvel Superhero character can place such demand ? ... The Wolverine, ...Xmen Origins: Wolverine .. Logan ....

And more so, i always thought that with Hugh Jackman's Wolverine and .Robert McDowney Jr.'s Tony Stark ... Marvel/Disney
would have quite have a challenge trying to replacing their respective big image impact.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
So is it a manner of the studios not giving Jennifer Gardner the traditional Elektra outfit look, is that maybe why she's not looking the part for you ?

Because that was one of the small pet peeves i had with Afflick/Gardner DD film - and especially Elektra solo film,. .especially since it's her film.
If there was a DD sequel, i would've expected that traditional outfit, - which even Netflix gave some similarity with Elodie Yung to better meet the Elektra look.

Like others have already mentioned, Gardner has proved series and film such as Peppermint, Alias that she can portray adventure/action roles.
Imo, she's proven versatile and not just a typo cast as the romantic or girlie tickers such as the "13 going on 30 " ... " Miracles from Heaven ",.. " Intention of Lying " , etc.

bcf26d6a1391e252198e20c5ca038488.jpg
It's not the costume, if anything Garner's costume was closer to comic book version. Comic book costumes don't always translate well to a real life character, so I expect some variation. Again, it's not her ability to play an action role, she's already demonstrated she could and I already stated she should have been cast in another superhero role. Elektra was supposed to be Greek, so would have liked someone that could pass off with a more Mediterranean or exotic look.

Robert Downey looked like he could be Tony Stark, Hemsworth looked like he could be Thor, Olivia Munn looked like she could be Psylocke......

elodie_yung_elektra_split_h_15.jpg
elektra-movie-jennifer-garner.jpg.optimal.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
She’s up there for me as well, but I think I’d give the nod to Duke. Wright would be a far-distant last choice.

I’ve had my fill of male characters gender-swapped as females.

Taking a look at the Avengers and they’ve nearly all been seemingly recast as females:

Thor - Jane Thor - Love and Thunder
Black Widow - White Widow/Yelena Belova
Iron Man - the reported Ironheart
Captain America - Sam Wilson/Falcon (the exception)
Hawkeye - Kate Bishop
Hulk - She-Hulk
I double-checked a few group memberships in the comics. These are some I believe may be possibilities and others are whom I would define as stretches. A few or more of these characters *may* end up playing together down the MCU road in some sort singular Avengers' team-style format in my opinion:

Avengers Next

Female: Cassandra Lang (possibility - Ant-Man, Ant-Man & The Wasp, Ant-Man: Quantumania)
Female: Spider-Girl (multi-verse stretch - Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson's daughter - Spider-Man: No Way Home?)

Champions

Female: Ms. Marvel (possibility - series debuting next month)
Female: Ironheart (possibility - Black Panther: Wakanda Forever & upcoming series)
Male: Nova (??????)

West Coast Avengers

Female: Hawkeye/Kate Bishop (possibility - Hawkeye)
Female: Miss America/America Chavez (possibility - Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness)
Male: Moon Knight (possibility - series)
Male: U.S. Agent (possibility - The Falcon And The Winter Soldier)

Avengers

Female: She-Hulk (possibility - series premiere's this August)
Female: Echo (possibility - Hawkeye)
Female: Valkyrie (possibility - Thor:Ragnarok, Avengers: Endgame)
Female: Power Woman (stretch - Jessica Jones/old Netflix series/possible new Daredevil series cameo?)
Male: Starfox (stretch - Eternals)
Male: Sub-Mariner (stretch - Black Panther: Wakanda Forever???)
Male: Luke Cage (stretch - old Netflix series/possible new Daredevil series cameo?)
Male: Shang-Chi (possibility - Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings)

There are more names that could be added to the list. For me, the ones above would not be totally surprising Marvel/Disney have bigger plans for in the future than has been previously reported or rumored.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Marvel Ruined Wolverine's Adamantium Bones with One Cheap Weakness
By Joshua Isaak | Screen Rant
May 22, 2022

Wolverine-with-Metal-Claws-Comic.jpeg

Marvel's Wolverine is not only one of the most popular X-Men, but one of the strongest, armed with a potent healing factor that allows him to constantly cheat death - but his other strength leads to a shockingly mundane weakness. Marvel fans know Logan is incredibly tough in part due to his nigh-unbreakable Adamantium skeleton, comprised of metal bonded to his bones in a painful process courtesy of the Weapon X Project. But Ultimate X-Men #60 reveals Logan's true weakness - and it completely ruins the very idea of his skeleton.

Originally, Wolverine appeared in The Incredible Hulk #181 with metal claws that may or may not have been part of his costume. Later stories made it abundantly clear that Wolverine was born with claws as part of his mutation - but they were not covered in metal until he underwent the dangerous bonding process as part of Weapon X. Those without Wolverine's healing ability would not survive, making him a prime candidate. With the adamantium bonded to his skeleton, Wolverine would become an unstoppable killing machine without any weakness - or so he would think.

Read more
That just screams "contrived". It's like Achilles' Heel, but with a less plausible story.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Wolverine Japanese anime is overdone and boring in my eyes. Now Hugh Jackman screen time has been way overdone but the character remained entertaining for me regardless.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

The way you feel about Wolverine is the same way I feel about Superman..... overdone, overpowered and just not interesting.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I double-checked a few group memberships in the comics. These are some I believe may be possibilities and others are whom I would define as stretches. A few or more of these characters *may* end up playing together down the MCU road in some sort singular Avengers' team-style format in my opinion:

Avengers Next

Female: Cassandra Lang (possibility - Ant-Man, Ant-Man & The Wasp, Ant-Man: Quantumania)
Female: Spider-Girl (multi-verse stretch - Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson's daughter - Spider-Man: No Way Home?)

Champions

Female: Ms. Marvel (possibility - series debuting next month)
Female: Ironheart (possibility - Black Panther: Wakanda Forever & upcoming series)
Male: Nova (??????)

West Coast Avengers

Female: Hawkeye/Kate Bishop (possibility - Hawkeye)
Female: Miss America/America Chavez (possibility - Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness)
Male: Moon Knight (possibility - series)
Male: U.S. Agent (possibility - The Falcon And The Winter Soldier)

Avengers

Female: She-Hulk (possibility - series premiere's this August)
Female: Echo (possibility - Hawkeye)
Female: Valkyrie (possibility - Thor:Ragnarok, Avengers: Endgame)
Female: Power Woman (stretch - Jessica Jones/old Netflix series/possible new Daredevil series cameo?)
Male: Starfox (stretch - Eternals)
Male: Sub-Mariner (stretch - Black Panther: Wakanda Forever???)
Male: Luke Cage (stretch - old Netflix series/possible new Daredevil series cameo?)
Male: Shang-Chi (possibility - Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings)

There are more names that could be added to the list. For me, the ones above would not be totally surprising Marvel/Disney have bigger plans for in the future than has been previously reported or rumored.

Too much.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I liked the cartoon version much more than the live action version. Considering what he went through, his personality is too one dimensional.

I never watched too much of the X-MEN cartoon. But you’re in luck, Disney+ is supposed to have an updated version coming.

As a movie/comics guy, I found him ridiculously overused and overexposed. They had him in tons of books every month, and FOX’s films became centered all around him.

While I liked Hugh Jackman in the role, I didn’t like everyone else taking a back seat.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I never watched too much of the X-MEN cartoon. But you’re in luck, Disney+ is supposed to have an updated version coming.

As a movie/comics guy, I found him ridiculously overused and overexposed. They had him in tons of books every month, and FOX’s films became centered all around him.

While I liked Hugh Jackman in the role, I didn’t like everyone else taking a back seat.
I'm with you. I think having the "bad boy" image, among a bunch of goody goodies is probably why he was so prevalent. Without him, the X-Men are mostly choir boys (fine @DallasEast ..."choir people":p), which can be pretty boring too.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm with you. I think having the "bad boy" image, among a bunch of goody goodies is probably why he was so prevalent. Without him, the X-Men are mostly choir boys (fine @DallasEast ..."choir people":p), which can be pretty boring too.

I like the ‘choir boys’. The actually heroic ‘heroes’ who try to do the right thing, rather than just mindlessly killing everyone. But I know in the ‘90’s that fans were all about the extreme of Wolverine and the Punisher.

Captain America all the way for me!
:thumbup: