Comics and Movies

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I like the ‘choir boys’. The actually heroic ‘heroes’ who try to do the right thing, rather than just mindlessly killing everyone. But I know in the ‘90’s that fans were all about the extreme of Wolverine and the Punisher.

Captain America all the way for me!
:thumbup:
"Language!"

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I like the ‘choir boys’. The actually heroic ‘heroes’ who try to do the right thing, rather than just mindlessly killing everyone. But I know in the ‘90’s that fans were all about the extreme of Wolverine and the Punisher.

Captain America all the way for me!
:thumbup:
The violent anti-hero is what gave rise to Lobo. He was intended to be a parody of the Wolverine/Punisher type characters and instead became popular. Combine the ultra-violent Lobo with Simon Bisley's art and fans loved him. He was even Stan Lee's favorite DC character?! o_O

675802eae6c9918a04ca7b64d999149b_400x400.jpeg

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The violent anti-hero is what gave rise to Lobo. He was intended to be a parody of the Wolverine/Punisher type characters and instead became popular. Combine the ultra-violent Lobo with Simon Bisley's art and fans loved him. He was even Stan Lee's favorite DC character?! o_O

675802eae6c9918a04ca7b64d999149b_400x400.jpeg

Yeah. He was the epitome of that era/fan base.
:facepalm:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
‘Thor: Love and Thunder’ Trailer Reveals Christian Bale as Gorr the God Butcher
By Sasha Urban | Variety
May 23, 2022

Thor-4-Trailer.jpg

With Mjölnir in hand and some friends by his side, Thor is returning to the big screen in “Thor: Love and Thunder,” coming to theaters on July 8. The full trailer dropped during Game 4 of the NBA Eastern Conference Finals, revealing a first look at Christian Bale as the film’s villain Gorr the God Butcher.

The Taika Waititi-directed Marvel film is the sequel to 2017’s “Thor: Ragnarok” and marks Thor’s return to the Marvel Cinematic Universe following “Avengers: Endgame” in 2019. Starring Chris Hemsworth in the title role, it also features Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie, Chris Pratt as Star-Lord, Waititi as Korg and Natalie Portman as Jane Foster, in her first appearance in the MCU since 2013’s “Thor: The Dark World.”

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/thor-love-and-thunder-trailer-christian-bale-1235239344/
Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
‘Ghostbusters: Afterlife’ Actor Celeste O’Connor Joins Sony’s Marvel Movie ‘Madame Web’
By Rebecca Rubin | Variety
May 24, 2022

thumbnail_image002-1-e1653407411729.jpg

“Ghostbusters: Afterlife” actor Celeste O’Connor has been cast in “Madame Web,” an upcoming installment in Sony’s Universe of Marvel Characters.

O’Connor’s role has not been announced. They will appear in the comic-book adventure alongside Dakota Johnson, who is playing the title character, as well as Sydney Sweeney of “Euphoria” fame.

The movie will serve as an origin story for Madame Web, a clairvoyant whose psychic abilities allow her to see within the spider world itself. In the Marvel comics, Madame Web is a paralyzed, elderly woman with myasthenia gravis, a chronic autoimmune disorder requiring her to connect to a life support system resembling a spider web. Her supernatural abilities prove to be greatly beneficial to Spider-Man and his fellow arachnid allies, like Spider-Woman. Given her condition, though, she’s never battled villains herself.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/madame-web-marvel-celeste-oconnor-1235276327/
Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Marvel Star Will Poulter Calls Superhero Body Transformations 'Unhealthy' and 'Unrealistic'
By Daniel Davies
May 24, 2022

actor-will-poulter-speaks-at-the-washington-dc-premiere-of-news-photo-1653401948.jpg

Will Poulter, one of the MCU's newest actors, has said that achieving a superhero body transformation is "unhealthy" and "unrealistic" without a studio paying for your meals and training.

"It’s difficult talking about it because with Marvel it’s all secret squirrel," he told The Independent in an interview last month. "But the most important thing is that your mental and physical health has to be number one, and the aesthetic goals have to be secondary. Otherwise, you end up promoting something that is unhealthy and unrealistic if you don’t have the financial backing of a studio paying for your meals and training. I’m in a very privileged position in that respect, and I wouldn’t recommend anyone do what I did to get ready for that job.”

The job Poulter is referring to? His role in next year's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, where he'll be playing a genetically engineered superhuman known as Adam Warlock.

Read more

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
‘Ghostbusters: Afterlife’ Actor Celeste O’Connor Joins Sony’s Marvel Movie ‘Madame Web’
By Rebecca Rubin | Variety
May 24, 2022

thumbnail_image002-1-e1653407411729.jpg

“Ghostbusters: Afterlife” actor Celeste O’Connor has been cast in “Madame Web,” an upcoming installment in Sony’s Universe of Marvel Characters.

O’Connor’s role has not been announced. They will appear in the comic-book adventure alongside Dakota Johnson, who is playing the title character, as well as Sydney Sweeney of “Euphoria” fame.

The movie will serve as an origin story for Madame Web, a clairvoyant whose psychic abilities allow her to see within the spider world itself. In the Marvel comics, Madame Web is a paralyzed, elderly woman with myasthenia gravis, a chronic autoimmune disorder requiring her to connect to a life support system resembling a spider web. Her supernatural abilities prove to be greatly beneficial to Spider-Man and his fellow arachnid allies, like Spider-Woman. Given her condition, though, she’s never battled villains herself.

Read more

We have another Morbius on our hands.
:facepalm:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Marvel Star Will Poulter Calls Superhero Body Transformations 'Unhealthy' and 'Unrealistic'
By Daniel Davies
May 24, 2022

actor-will-poulter-speaks-at-the-washington-dc-premiere-of-news-photo-1653401948.jpg

Will Poulter, one of the MCU's newest actors, has said that achieving a superhero body transformation is "unhealthy" and "unrealistic" without a studio paying for your meals and training.

"It’s difficult talking about it because with Marvel it’s all secret squirrel," he told The Independent in an interview last month. "But the most important thing is that your mental and physical health has to be number one, and the aesthetic goals have to be secondary. Otherwise, you end up promoting something that is unhealthy and unrealistic if you don’t have the financial backing of a studio paying for your meals and training. I’m in a very privileged position in that respect, and I wouldn’t recommend anyone do what I did to get ready for that job.”

The job Poulter is referring to? His role in next year's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, where he'll be playing a genetically engineered superhuman known as Adam Warlock.

Read more

Part of me envies stars who ‘get paid to train’ and have their food needs taken care of. I would love to be able to do that once in my life just to see what I might be able to accomplish.

nobody

Reaction score
Part of me envies stars who ‘get paid to train’ and have their food needs taken care of. I would love to be able to do that once in my life just to see what I might be able to accomplish.

Not to mention the motivation that if you don't stick with it, you're in breach of contract and might get sued. That's some hardcore motivation

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Marvel fans have found a major flaw with the MCU’s ‘Young Avengers’
By Erielle Sudario | We Got This Covered
May 23, 2022

AAXDLk8.img

Marvel fans are worried about a potential Young Avengers — but not because of the cast members, the plot, or the direction of the MCU Phase Four.

Reddit user omar_afx posted the current lineup of the potential Young Avengers team in the MCU on the official Marvel Studios subreddit. The team featured Kate Bishop from Hawkeye, Billy and Tommy from WandaVision, America Chavez from Doctor Strange 2, Cassie Lang from Ant-Man, and Elijah Bradley from The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Funny enough, some of the characters mentioned were part of the original Young Avengers lineup from the comics, with a few characters not yet introduced in the MCU but were seen in the source material.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/ne...sedgntp&cvid=65ea9ac13fe24ee0bc1efb7b4d67a195
Read more

I forgot all about Elijah Bradley. :(

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Marvel Studios' ECHO Reveals New Logo On Set
By Richard Nebens | The Direct
May 25, 2022

echo-kingpin-daredevil_z0DRFDC.jpg

Following her thrilling debut in last year's Hawkeye, Alaqua Cox is now set to star in her own Marvel Studios solo series, Echo, coming to Disney+ in the near future. While the plot and story behind Maya Lopez's first solo adventure are still a mystery, the team behind the MCU is currently hard at work bringing the franchise's second deaf superhero back to the small screen.

When fans last saw the MCU newcomer, Lopez had a gun pointed at her adoptive uncle, Vincent D'Onofrio's Kingpin, in a dark New York City alley. Of course, even though there was an audible gunshot heard in that scene, it's becoming increasingly likely that Maya's relationship with the Kingpin is far from over as she moves into her own solo adventure.

https://thedirect.com/article/marvel-studios-echo-logo-set
Read more