Comics and Movies

quickccc

Reaction score
She’s hot. She would be a good Wonder Woman. But why are they already making a new one? DC needs to get it’s crap together. Every 5 years making a new version of their heroes.

I'm for keeping the current Wonder Woman,.. who still hotter than any new one .. ...:D

6d37acacfb5194be8f43abd26f901660.jpg

Gal Gadot

quickccc

Reaction score
You remind me very much of my best friend, who watches TONS of movies but his attention span is average.
He calls me all the time for details concerning the MCU and DCEU movies in particular. Usually he calls me WHILE watching a movie. He drives me nuts. :laugh:

lol .. :laugh:

yep, East, i admit that. my attention span can be lower to that average level,.. especially when it comes to theater viewing.
pending what is around me that forces it to be average. ...ala Distractions.,

Studio grill waitress- ordering with the moving motions and loud vocals ..... people yapping during the movie, whether in front, behind or to the sides,.... some refusing to shut off those darn phone lights, and even yapping on their phones .. or i have to constantly keep standing up out of my seat, to let those constantly back and forth in-out theater, entire movie - Pet peeves rule.

Alas Home streaming that's where the odds run more heavily in my favor-.... if i don't happen to nod off to snooze-land . lol.. :D

quickccc

Reaction score
https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/morbius-supposed-to-be-in-blade-ii/

Morbius Was Originally Supposed to Be in Blade II
Morbius appeared in the original ending of 1998’s Blade, but got caught in Spider-Man’s web and staked before rising

Wesley-Snipes-in-Blade-and-Jared-Leto-as-Morbius.jpg

Sony Pictures’ latest antibody antihero movie, Morbius, which stars Jared Leto as the Living Vampire, has drawn first blood. Following in the footsteps of the split-personality, villain movie Venom, Morbius is an origin story with a nemesis at the waiting, and the promise of bloody battles to come. Yet the self-made vampire should have made his entrance years ago. Indeed, Morbius was initially set up to be the main villain in Blade II, after Blade (1998) starring Wesley Snipes opened the wound to modern superhero films.

Writer David S. Goyer planned to feature Morbius as the main antagonist in the not-yet-produced sequel, according to the Blade DVD commentary. Blade director Stephen Norrington even shot a teaser scene, which was eventually cut, promising dark deeds to come from Dr. Michael Morbius in a sequel that never materialized.

Why Morbius was Cut from Blade II
Goyer confirms, in the Blade commentary, that Morbius was always his plan for the second installment. When Norrington backed out of the sequel, the plan was to have incoming director Guillermo del Toro use the character. The first Spider-Man film had yet to begin production when Blade was released. Rumors circulated that Marvel was unwilling to share its characters with other studios when Sony began developing its Spider-Man trilogy, and told New Line they were reserving the Morbius character for future use. Morbius, after all, was a Spider-Man original.

d03261a99af5ebd06deaf2d0869f9fff.jpg

4f4a021f451e6735ec89e229836e2998.jpg

263594fb72b2a28a3b74c1653ac61732.jpg

d23405d571ffac796c95505473c80313.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
James Cameron Explains Why He Gave Jake And Neytiri A Family In Avatar 2
By Sarah El-Mahmoud | CinemaBlend
July 9, 2022

dXX8d4WfzHFpbiAm7em65Y-1024-80.jpg.webp

Over ten years since the theatrical debut of James Cameron’s Avatar, which would unseat Titanic and become the highest-grossing movie of all time, the science fiction adventure franchise will finally return later this year with a sequel. We only know so much about The Way of Water right now, and more is sure to be revealed. But one major element of it that we do is that it'll introduce Jake Sully and Neytiri’s kids, who were added to the storyline for a specific reason that's near to the filmmaker’s heart.

James Cameron has been planning his Avatar sequels pretty much since the original movie released in 2009. The writer-director is a shrewd filmmaker, who is typically very deliberate when it comes to the creative decisions that he makes. When Cameron was asked about the decision to give its protagonists, played by Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldana, children, he explained that it adds something crucial that he doesn't think is present in contemporary fantasy films:
I’m a father of five. I look around – I don’t want to specifically say the Marvel Universe, or the DC Universe – at current fantasy and science-fiction and all these heroes seem unbound in the mire of relationships, the stuff that pulls you down and clips your wings, that stops you running around and risking your life. I thought, ‘What if I take these incredible characters of Jake and Neytiri and give them a family?’ That gives them feet of clay right there.
Read more

Love James Cameron but his narcissitic jealousy of Marvel and superhero movies in general, after Endgame dethroned Avatar on the all-time box office list, has been really transparent, lol.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why HBO Max Is Satisfying Subscribers More Than Any Other Platform
By Dani Cook | The Motley Fool
July 9, 2022

HBO Max launched in the U.S. in May 2020. Although the platform was initially run by its former parent company, AT&T, WarnerMedia's merger with Discovery transferred ownership to the newly formed company. The platform has grown into a strong rival to Netflix (NFLX -1.21%) and Walt Disney's (DIS -1.61%) Disney+ in just two years. HBO and HBO Max had a combined total of 76.8 million global subscribers in Q1 2022.

A report released in June compared the overall user satisfaction of the nine biggest streaming platforms. HBO Max, Disney+, Hulu, and Netflix ranked at the top, suggesting these services had the best-perceived value and content. HBO Max led the way in subscriber satisfaction with 92% of participants very satisfied with the platform, an increase of 2% from 2021.

<snip>

In addition to fair pricing, HBO Max offers members a wealth of legacy titles from HBO's premium library and blockbuster releases, such as the latest DC movies. Both of its subscription tiers allow access to all 10 of Warner Bros. Discovery's entertainment hubs, including DC, Classics Curated by TCM, Studio Ghibli, Cartoon Network, Sesame Workshop, Crunchyroll, Adult Swim, Cartoonito, and Looney Tunes.

When surveyed for HBO Max's quality and variety of content satisfaction, the platform won out against all its competitors. The figures showed about 90% of consumers are pleased with the streamer's original series, about 85% with its library series, and more than 86% with its movies. Disney+ came in at a close second behind HBO Max, but Netflix was just over 75% with its original series, while its library series and movies hovered around 70%.

Read more

@quickccc you may want to read this article. Disney may wrestle DC away from WarnerMedia Discovery one day but it will likely not be some day soon. :)

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
July 9, 2022

HBO Max launched in the U.S. in May 2020. Although the platform was initially run by its former parent company, AT&T, WarnerMedia's merger with Discovery transferred ownership to the newly formed company. The platform has grown into a strong rival to Netflix (NFLX -1.21%) and Walt Disney's (DIS -1.61%) Disney+ in just two years. HBO and HBO Max had a combined total of 76.8 million global subscribers in Q1 2022.

A report released in June compared the overall user satisfaction of the nine biggest streaming platforms. HBO Max, Disney+, Hulu, and Netflix ranked at the top, suggesting these services had the best-perceived value and content. HBO Max led the way in subscriber satisfaction with 92% of participants very satisfied with the platform, an increase of 2% from 2021.

<snip>

In addition to fair pricing, HBO Max offers members a wealth of legacy titles from HBO's premium library and blockbuster releases, such as the latest DC movies. Both of its subscription tiers allow access to all 10 of Warner Bros. Discovery's entertainment hubs, including DC, Classics Curated by TCM, Studio Ghibli, Cartoon Network, Sesame Workshop, Crunchyroll, Adult Swim, Cartoonito, and Looney Tunes.

When surveyed for HBO Max's quality and variety of content satisfaction, the platform won out against all its competitors. The figures showed about 90% of consumers are pleased with the streamer's original series, about 85% with its library series, and more than 86% with its movies. Disney+ came in at a close second behind HBO Max, but Netflix was just over 75% with its original series, while its library series and movies hovered around 70%.

Read more

@quickccc you may want to read this article. Disney may wrestle DC away from WarnerMedia Discovery one day but it will likely not be some day soon. :)

I go on/off on my subscriptions, I get tired of all of them, but my favorite for content

1. HBOMAX. Agree with article. Best new movie, hit movie, classic movie and compelling TV (mainly because they have HBO) of all the mixes
2. DISNEY/HULU/ESPN. Have to go with the combo package. Disney with Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar and Simpsons. Hulu with FX, and some all-time TV shows. ESPN with 30 for 30. I’m sure if you have a lot of young ones, this is higher.
3. NETFLIX. My wife would rank it #1 because she loves foreign TV/Movies. I like it because a lot of new content but I feel like half of it is just crap they’re throwing out to see what sticks. Another one too I think families with young kids probably value more.
4. PARAMOUNT. I’m a big documentary fan so having Smithsonian along with some quality CBS is great.
5. AMAZON. Again, wife would prob rank it higher cause she likes all that British programming. It has a few original content I enjoy and some decent older movies, and all the other Prime perks are what make it worth more.
6. APPLE. Quickly improving and growing library of original content.
7. PEACOCK. Must have if wrestling fan. Some good shows.
8. THE REST. If you want your packages separately like Showtime or Cinemax. Crunchyroll, the horror apps, etc… some of these other services never tried but I’m sure if you’re into whatever they specialize, they’re #1 in your book.

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Both Foundation and For All Mankind have been my favorites so far. Foundation is just GOOD science fiction/fantasy in my option.

For All Mankind
's alternative timeline just blew my socks off. I did not notice it until the third season started but I binged-watched like a maniac to catch up. The "historic" moment, at the very end of last Friday's episode, had me laughing my butt off.

Some have suggested I watch Ted Lasso. It looks good but it has not solidly captured my attention on the few occasions I have tried watching the show.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Both Foundation and For All Mankind have been my favorites so far. Foundation is just GOOD science fiction/fantasy in my option.

For All Mankind
's alternative timeline just blew my socks off. I did not notice it until the third season started but I binged-watched like a maniac to catch up. The "historic" moment, at the very end of last Friday's episode, had me laughing my butt off.

Some have suggested I watch Ted Lasso. It looks good but it has not solidly captured my attention on the few occasions I have tried watching the show.

I didn’t like Ted Lasso the first time I watched it but gave it another chance and binged season one. Never got a chance to watch season two though, more because of time issues more than anything. It’s on the to do list whenever I decide to bring Apple back.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Thanks, i stand corrected with the Conan Barbarian. i based that too much of my own first appearance experience via Marvel Comics. And only knew Conan
via Marvel Comics.

From what i read and understood Red Sonja did originate from Marvel Comics, ala her first appearance being Conan # 23, but not so much being a Marvel Studio film.
Perhaps that's where Blade became a historical figure with being Marvel's first live adaption from their own original comics ?
:huh:
Nope, the first would be Howard the Duck back in the '80's
wave-hello.gif

Of all the characters and titles to choose from......... Howard the Duck? :huh:

dsturgeon

Reaction score
James Cameron Explains Why He Gave Jake And Neytiri A Family In Avatar 2
By Sarah El-Mahmoud | CinemaBlend
July 9, 2022

dXX8d4WfzHFpbiAm7em65Y-1024-80.jpg.webp

Over ten years since the theatrical debut of James Cameron’s Avatar, which would unseat Titanic and become the highest-grossing movie of all time, the science fiction adventure franchise will finally return later this year with a sequel. We only know so much about The Way of Water right now, and more is sure to be revealed. But one major element of it that we do is that it'll introduce Jake Sully and Neytiri’s kids, who were added to the storyline for a specific reason that's near to the filmmaker’s heart.

James Cameron has been planning his Avatar sequels pretty much since the original movie released in 2009. The writer-director is a shrewd filmmaker, who is typically very deliberate when it comes to the creative decisions that he makes. When Cameron was asked about the decision to give its protagonists, played by Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldana, children, he explained that it adds something crucial that he doesn't think is present in contemporary fantasy films:
Read more

Love James Cameron but his narcissitic jealousy of Marvel and superhero movies in general, after Endgame dethroned Avatar on the all-time box office list, has been really transparent, lol.

I don't see why he would be jealous. Cameron has hit big and really big on most of his movies. Out of their huge list of movies, Marvel has only had a few good ones. Then they have had some alright ones, and quite a few bad ones.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't see why he would be jealous. Cameron has hit big and really big on most of his movies. Out of their huge list of movies, Marvel has only had a few good ones. Then they have had some alright ones, and quite a few bad ones.
Cameron's attitude has nothing to do with the quality of superhero movies and everything to do with knocking Avatar (and even second place Titantic) out of the all-time box office summit. He was rarely (or ever) critical of these types of movies until Endgame put his movies in its rear view mirror.

Movie producers and directors with average egos have not voiced their opinions of the MCU or DCEU as often as Cameron. The reason why is that they are not jealous of the good, alright or even "bad" ones.

quickccc

Reaction score
July 9, 2022

<snip>

Read more

Since Disney is doing the series bid with the more popular superheroes, ala Marvel , i would think and could see Disney having the upper hand and lead
in buying the rights to DC movies and series filming... i would welcome it, as maybe Disney could expand and create the ladder to other DC heroes -
besides the same ole ...same ole ..
Here's some new DC intrigues i've thought about:

Etrigan the Demon
Amazo the Android (my fav)
Atom
Darkseid
Martian Manhunter (J'onn)
Constantine
Brainiac
Solomon Grundy
Clay Face
Harley Quinn
Two Face
Killer Kroc
Mr. Mxyzsptlk
Poison Ivy
The Unknown Soldier
Plastic Man ?
NightWing ?
The Wonder Twins ? (@DallasEast just shook his head at this one ? ...:p)

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Cameron's attitude has nothing to do with the quality of superhero movies and everything to do with knocking Avatar (and even second place Titantic) out of the all-time box office summit. He was rarely (or ever) critical of these types of movies until Endgame put his movies in its rear view mirror.

Movie producers and directors with average egos have not voiced their opinions of the MCU or DCEU as often as Cameron. The reason why is that they are not jealous of the good, alright or even "bad" ones.

I highly doubt movie producers whose whole careers are movies do not voice their opinions on MCU and DCEU

Because he did have the top spots, he might get asked and his response publicized more often than the others.

Last edited:

quickccc

Reaction score
I go on/off on my subscriptions, I get tired of all of them, but my favorite for content

1. HBOMAX. Agree with article. Best new movie, hit movie, classic movie and compelling TV (mainly because they have HBO) of all the mixes
2. DISNEY/HULU/ESPN. Have to go with the combo package. Disney with Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar and Simpsons. Hulu with FX, and some all-time TV shows. ESPN with 30 for 30. I’m sure if you have a lot of young ones, this is higher.
3. NETFLIX. My wife would rank it #1 because she loves foreign TV/Movies. I like it because a lot of new content but I feel like half of it is just crap they’re throwing out to see what sticks. Another one too I think families with young kids probably value more.
4. PARAMOUNT. I’m a big documentary fan so having Smithsonian along with some quality CBS is great.
5. AMAZON. Again, wife would prob rank it higher cause she likes all that British programming. It has a few original content I enjoy and some decent older movies, and all the other Prime perks are what make it worth more.
7. PEACOCK. Must have if wrestling fan. Some good shows.
8. THE REST. If you want your packages separately like Showtime or Cinemax. Crunchyroll, the horror apps, etc… some of these other services never tried but I’m sure if you’re into whatever they specialize, they’re #1 in your book.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/madeli...oyees-amid-subscriber-losses/?sh=6395ca702001

i was stunned to hear how Netflix's subscription has fallen off so badly, that they had to lay off employees, ..that would suggest that either
subscribers were either fed on with price rise of Netflix,.. or Netflix now has some very serious competitions on the street .. like never before.

Netflix used to be the undisputed king when it comes to streaming universe,.. they were the king when it came to original movies and series
They were the ones that actually came up with streaming ..and streaming services. Netflix used to be the one that any future streaming services were
to be compared to .

Geez, what happened to Netflix- Mania ?

dsturgeon

Reaction score
https://www.forbes.com/sites/madeli...oyees-amid-subscriber-losses/?sh=6395ca702001

i was stunned to hear how Netflix's subscription has fallen off so badly, that they had to lay off employees, ..that would suggest that either
subscribers were either fed on with price rise of Netflix,.. or Netflix now has some very serious competitions on the street .. like never before.

Netflix used to be the undisputed king when it comes to streaming universe,.. they were the king when it came to original movies and series
They were the ones that actually came up with streaming ..and streaming services. Netflix used to be the one that any future streaming services were
to be compared to .

Geez, what happened to Netflix- Mania ?

I think it had more to do with some shows featuring children and the overall content produced. There are a lot of people who disagree with numerous themes in netflix shows. Disney shares have dropped quite a bit due to the same reason

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

Are there producers or directors with "average" egos? :huh: Maybe it's not average ego but average success, ability or status that keep them from voicing their opinions. Just wanting a slice of that built in audience Marvel pie and few if any budgeting worries.

quickccc

Reaction score
‘Thor: Love and Thunder’ Rotten Tomatoes score ignites furious debate
By Scott Campbell | We Got This Covered
July 6, 2022

thor-love-and-thunder.jpg

Even though a lot of people will agree that it doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things what the critics think, the early Rotten Tomatoes score for Thor: Love and Thunder has opened up a massive can of online worms already.

At the time of writing, Chris Hemsworth’s landmark fourth solo outing holds a 71 percent rating with almost 150 reviews in the bag, which makes it one of the lowest-rated installments in the Marvel Cinematic Universe to date, ahead of only Eternals, Thor: The Dark World, and The Incredible Hulk.

Of course, there’s no other outcome besides Taika Waititi’s return to New Asgard decimating the box office in its opening weekend and making a ton of money, but fans across multiple social media platforms have been sent spiraling as a result. Is it the death of the MCU? Are the critics wrong? Is there any justifiable reason to care? All of these questions, and more, are not being answered.

Read more

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/article/ed3127968772/?ref_=bo_hm_hp

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/release/rl3523577345/?ref_=bo_hm_RECENT_WEEKEND_WIDGET_1

It doesnt matter what certain movie critics are determined to flame at the new Thor movie ... money talks .. box office talks ... and they apparently
are in sync with the Thor Ragnorak format