Comics and Movies

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It still pisses me off whenever I think of Susan Storm's nosebleeds. Oh look. Alba's nose is bleeding while projecting force fields. It is a mental thing, so why didn't Jessica's nose bleed from turning invisible?

Look! Reed is stretching. No nose bleed. Wow! Johnny's ignited plasma all over his body! No burnt blood dripping from his nose though.

"You're an IDIOT!!!"

Crap. Sorry Mr. Morrison. :(
She's just a girl! :cool:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
She's undisputedly the most powerful member of the Fantastic Four and it's not even close.
^ This. And one of the most powerful beings in Marvel. And that is not counting her more powerful transformations into Malice.

quickccc

Reaction score
I don't see him as any of those. As far as personality and style, as close to the comics as they can get. He's brilliant, vain, meticulous, cunning, manipulative, honorable in his own way. His goals are personal power, rulership over all because he feels he is best for the job (see vain), rescuing his mother's soul from Mephisto, getting revenge on those he feels wronged him... I think the villain he's closest to that exists in the MCU is Killmonger from Black Panther (mixed with the brilliance of Tony Stark) but even that isn't a complete fit. Marvel is pretty good about finding the right actors for roles.

In comics you have to remember that he's not just a genius. He's a genius on par with the smartest man on the planet. He built power armor that can stand toe-to-toe with the Fantastic Four and that's not even including his sorcerous abilities. In Comics, it was Dr Doom that made a time machine, not Reed Richards. He's not someone that was exposed to something and given power.

Didn't both Tony Stark as Iron Man and Dr. Doom together joined together to make their own hand-made time machine ?
To return to Earth ..from their battle in Camelot ?

86811109fe2eff9b7ad8697949cb2f30.jpg

1c4a006f3cd456fdd9b0d405bd19dfe7.jpg

nobody

Reaction score
Didn't both Tony Stark as Iron Man and Dr. Doom together joined together to make their own hand-made time machine ?
To return to Earth ..from their battle in Camelot ?

86811109fe2eff9b7ad8697949cb2f30.jpg

1c4a006f3cd456fdd9b0d405bd19dfe7.jpg

That could be, but I believe Doom did it first. That's how Kang the Conqueror got his hands on Time Travel. In the future he discovered Doom's.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Christian Bale says 'tons of people' laughed at him when he said his Batman was going to be serious in the 'Dark Knight' trilogy
By Jason Guerrasio | Yahoo! News
July 7, 2022

It might be crazy to think now, but there was a time when it was unheard of that a comic-book movie could be told in a realistically grounded way.

That's the skepticism Christian Bale and director Christopher Nolan faced when they launched their Batman trilogy with 2005's "Batman Begins."

"I would [tell people] we're going to sort of do Batman, but take him seriously," Bale recalled in a recent interview with The Washington Post. "I had tons of people laugh at me and just say, 'Well, that's just not going to work at all.'"

The idea didn't just work, it revolutionized how Hollywood saw comic-book material.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anson Mount Shot ‘Doctor Strange’ Cameo Without the Rest of the Illuminati
ScreenCrush
You might think that there’s just a huge studio full of A-list actors at all times when shooting Marvel films. That’s not the case. In fact, it sounds like Anson Mount didn’t meet any of the other big-name stars in his scene from Doctor Strange in the Multiverse Of Madness. Even though he only had a small cameo, his appearance as Black Bolt was a welcome sight.

Mount spoke in a recent interview with Esquire about his experience behind the scenes. The interviewer asked him if he was able to chat with Sir Patrick Stewart (who also appeared in the scene with Mount) while he was on set. Mount replied:

No, he was actually not there! He was shooting Picard. That was a very interesting shoot because my role came up in the reshoots. As you can imagine, several of the actors were quite busy. Patrick was not there. Chiwetel [Ejiofor] was not there. Krasinski's contract wasn't even done. He wasn't there. We had actors playing those roles, knowing that they were going to either be substituting their shots or transplanting faces. I've never done anything quite like that, and I was in disbelief of how well it cut together.

While John Krasinski did appear in a rather surprising cameo as Dr. Reed Richards of Fantastic Four fame, it’s odd to hear he never crossed paths with Mount. Nor did Patrick Stewart while performing his Professor X cameo. Even a Doctor Strange staple, Chiwetel Ejiofor (who plays Karl Mordo) was absent from the set on those days too. As Mount himself said, it cut together really well even those these people were never in the same room together.
[/spoiler

Read more

Good article

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Charlie Cox and Vincent D’Onofrio Join Marvel Studios' Echo on Disney+
By Sabina Graves | Gizmodo
July 7, 2022

b62a275d27ad1fcceca2d6df5fa34b9e.png

Charlie Cox and Vincent D’Onofrio have signed on for Disney+ series Echo. The Hollywood Reporter confirmed that the two stars of Daredevil will be making their official ensemble debut on the Marvel Studios television series starring Alaqua Cox as Maya Lopez.

Most recently D’Onofrio’s Kingpin was revealed as the big bad on Hawkeye and whose betrayal of Maya’s trust over killing her uncle resulted in a shootout that we all knew he’d survive. As per other reports, he’ll be returning with an eye patch and running for mayor. Matt Murdock on the other hand will be searching for one Jessica Jones as more of the old Marvel show crew gets wrangled into the MCU. Murdock was featured in a quick cameo as Peter Parker’s lawyer in Spider-Man: No Way Home. No word yet on any additional Defenders being brought back in but it’s honestly a matter of time right? Their shows have been added to the Disney+ platform with a mature audience rating, and the streamer just greenlit its own new season of Daredevil.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Marvel vs DC: Marvel vs DC: Actresses and actors who participated as superheroes in films of both companies and were spectacular
By James | d1softballnews.com
July 8, 2022

16572431942613.jpg

Next, we present a list of actors who have had the opportunity to participate in both universessome on key paper and others not so important. The vast majority of Marvel movies can be seen on the Disney + platformwhile those of DC, appear in various platforms such as HBO or Amazon Prime.

Samuel L Jackson | Within Marvel he has participated as Nick Fury in films such as Avengers, Captain America or Iron Man. While at DC he acted in The Spirit playing Octopus.

Scarlett Johnson | Scarlett is recognized for her role as NBlack Widow in Avengers, but we can also see her participating in DC as Silken Floss in the film The Spirit.

Ben Affleck | Affleck appeared as the lawyer Matt Murdock who plays Daredevil in Marvel, but later took on a more prominent role in DC, appearing as Batman in Batman v Superman and later in Justice League.

Read more

quickccc

Reaction score
Christian Bale says 'tons of people' laughed at him when he said his Batman was going to be serious in the 'Dark Knight' trilogy
By Jason Guerrasio | Yahoo! News
July 7, 2022

It might be crazy to think now, but there was a time when it was unheard of that a comic-book movie could be told in a realistically grounded way.

That's the skepticism Christian Bale and director Christopher Nolan faced when they launched their Batman trilogy with 2005's "Batman Begins."

"I would [tell people] we're going to sort of do Batman, but take him seriously," Bale recalled in a recent interview with The Washington Post. "I had tons of people laugh at me and just say, 'Well, that's just not going to work at all.'"

The idea didn't just work, it revolutionized how Hollywood saw comic-book material.

Read more

i can see that ...maybe the Tim Burton and unfortunately Joel Schumacher (sp) probably set a tone and stage that suggest Batman movies to be over the top, guilty pleasure, cheesy ...

Nolan's version just took the viewership world by storm,.. and wowed just about everyone - in a totally different, refreshingly impressive respective, and Heath Ledger's Joker performance amplified it even more so.

To this very day, i had never seen or experienced a superhero comic film with as many incoming brilliant twists, turns and plots.. without stalling the fast pace, as i have with Nolan's Dark Knight.

It really had me so engaged, intrigued and had constantly trying to anticipate and trying to out-guess what was gonna happen next.
Couldn't come near close to doing that.

On that level and element , " The Dark Knight " is just flat out in a league and stage all of its own, still to this very day, imo .
:yourock:

quickccc

Reaction score
July 7, 2022

Charlie Cox and Vincent D’Onofrio have signed on for Disney+ series Echo. The Hollywood Reporter confirmed that the two stars of Daredevil will be making their official ensemble debut on the Marvel Studios television series starring Alaqua Cox as Maya Lopez.

Most recently D’Onofrio’s Kingpin was revealed as the big bad on Hawkeye and whose betrayal of Maya’s trust over killing her uncle resulted in a shootout that we all knew he’d survive. As per other reports, he’ll be returning with an eye patch and running for mayor. Matt Murdock on the other hand will be searching for one Jessica Jones as more of the old Marvel show crew gets wrangled into the MCU. Murdock was featured in a quick cameo as Peter Parker’s lawyer in Spider-Man: No Way Home. No word yet on any additional Defenders being brought back in but it’s honestly a matter of time right? Their shows have been added to the Disney+ platform with a mature audience rating, and the streamer just greenlit its own new season of Daredevil.

Read more

Was it Charlie Cox .. or another actor portraying Matt Murdock in Spiderman No way home " ?

Somehow I totally missed that. And i admit i was disinterested and restless with Disney's Hawkeye series that i ended up leaving it with a few episodes left.
So i likely missed out Vincent D’Onofrio on that show. Speaking of which, his performance as Wilson Fisk- Kingpin, was just flat kick-a*** impressively awesome !

Whether Disney likes it or not, ... their series version of Daredevil is gonna automatically be judged and compared to Netflix version.
Retaining the very same lead actors such as Cox and D’Onofrio, will of course no doubt add to the challenge.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
July 7, 2022

Read more

I’m glad to hear that. I think it will add a lot to the show and get a lot more people to tune in.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was it Charlie Cox .. or another actor portraying Matt Murdock in Spiderman No way home " ?

Somehow I totally missed that. And i admit i was disinterested and restless with Disney's Hawkeye series that i ended up leaving it with a few episodes left.
So i likely missed out Vincent D’Onofrio on that show. Speaking of which, his performance as Wilson Fisk- Kingpin, was just flat kick-azzz impressively awesome !

Whether Disney likes it or not, ... their series version of Daredevil is gonna automatically be judged and compared to Netflix version.
Retaining the very same lead actors such as Cox and D’Onofrio, will of course no doubt add to the challenge.

Based on their track record, I think Disney is fine with any comparisons.

quickccc

Reaction score
I think @nobody was referring to the MCU Marvel, not pre-MCU films. ;)

lol .. i admit that i still so slow to comprehend what's pre-MCU films, .and why certain Marvel films are not considered MCU ?
I'm still working on it ..

Maybe it's certain negotiating property rights and pre and-post dates, even before Disney took over ?

just like you were mentioning awhile back, .Conan the Barbarian originated from Marvel comics. ..there's even a couple of scenes in it that was " taken" from Conan comics
and implemented into the Conan movie.. (per Arnold, not the Jason Samone one)

Technically Conan should have been the first Marvel comic made into live action film into cinema movie theaters ?

So how did Marvel lose the property rights to not be able to claim- retain Conan as tied into their studios productions ?
Ditto with Red Sonja, Xmen, Ghost Rider, ..Morbius ..Venom ... etc. ?

lol .. yeh i'm still working on it all .. .. :D

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

So i likely missed out Vincent D’Onofrio on that show. Speaking of which, his performance as Wilson Fisk- Kingpin, was just flat kick-azzz impressively awesome !

You don't remember him as Peter's lawyer, sitting in the kitchen and catching the brick?

quickccc

Reaction score
You don't remember him as Peter's lawyer, sitting in the kitchen and catching the brick?

I really don't .... maybe that was either a popcorn-refill time or a quick running restroom break ? .. :muttley:

But this is where it's so handy to have Disney Plus as to re-look for that particular scene.
Today's advance age of technology with streaming services is a true research rescue gift ..without the need of Red Box or Netflix DVD in mailing.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i can see that ...maybe the Tim Burton and unfortunately Joel Schumacher (sp) probably set a tone and stage that suggest Batman movies to be over the top, guilty pleasure, cheesy ...
I will not blame Burton or Schumacher. Burton had already directed Pee Wee's Big Adventure and Beetlejuice before 1989's Batman. Burton's directorship was already defined as quirky personified.

Schumacher followed Burton. In my opinion, he was a better director choice than Burton for this type of filmmaking, with prior dramatic credits like St. Elmo's Fire and The Client. However, Burton had already set the "tone" for making Batman movies. Schumacher was only a victim of circumstance. Warner Bros signed off on Burton and Schumacher's projects. Why?

Honestly, I think it is because that was the type of Batman they were most familiar with. It was the safe Batman. Why? Answer: The Comics Code Authority.

Bob Kane and Bill Finger created the character in 1939. They created a dark character. That all changed with the CCA in the mid-1950's. Afterwards, Batman adopted a clown persona in the comics. Television loved the comedic nonsense so much they gave the character a series. That character cemented itself into pop culture from the 1960's into the early 1980's until DC Comics finally shook themselves free of the CCA's dogma.

The damage had long since been done though. When Burton pitched his idea to movie execs, they agreed because that was what Batman meant to them.

Burton's film is a classic. Batman Forever was not a bad product from Schumacher. No comment on Batman and Robin though. However, consider this. Would those films had been conceived and made exactly the same way if the CCA had not interfered with DC Comics' creative authority of Batman and the multitude of other comic book characters? I doubt it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Somehow I totally missed that.
You remind me very much of my best friend, who watches TONS of movies but his attention span is average. He calls me all the time for details concerning the MCU and DCEU movies in particular. Usually he calls me WHILE watching a movie. He drives me nuts. :laugh:

FWIW, Cox was a cameo in the movie. It was a short cameo but does stand out quite a bit. ;)
And i admit i was disinterested and restless with Disney's Hawkeye series that i ended up leaving it with a few episodes left.
So i likely missed out Vincent D’Onofrio on that show. Speaking of which, his performance as Wilson Fisk- Kingpin, was just flat kick-a*** impressively awesome !
Yep. Ditto for D-Onofrio. :p He was not allowed to go full Fisk in Hawkeye but his brief appearance was memorable also. If anything, he re-established the character back into the MCU without a shadow of doubt.
Agree totally with the challenge Disney+ has before it. My hope is Disney will not cringe behind its on mature audience rating and play it too safe producing these series.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m glad to hear that. I think it will add a lot to the show and get a lot more people to tune in.
Hopefully Echo's dark sub-plot from Hawkeye will get darker. That would make the show more Netflix-like.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol .. i admit that i still so slow to comprehend what's pre-MCU films, .and why certain Marvel films are not considered MCU ?
I'm still working on it ..

Maybe it's certain negotiating property rights and pre and-post dates, even before Disney took over ?

just like you were mentioning awhile back, .Conan the Barbarian originated from Marvel comics. ..there's even a couple of scenes in it that was " taken" from Conan comics
and implemented into the Conan movie.. (per Arnold, not the Jason Samone one)

Technically Conan should have been the first Marvel comic made into live action film into cinema movie theaters ?

So how did Marvel lose the property rights to not be able to claim- retain Conan as tied into their studios productions ?
Ditto with Red Sonja, Xmen, Ghost Rider, ..Morbius ..Venom ... etc. ?

lol .. yeh i'm still working on it all .. .. :D
Do not forget post #930! https://cowboyszone.com/threads/comics-and-movies.496024/page-47#post-11938800

It clearly shows what's MCU and what's not MCU. :thumbup:

The pic below was posted on the forum awhile back (not in this thread though). Hopefully it will help with understanding the various Marvel character's property rights among the movie studios. It's from 2019, so there have been some changes since then:

9iipER6_d.webp

Last edited: