Comics and Movies

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It should be on HBO Max again.
^ This.

@Runwildboys , it should display in your HBO Max guide as the gray version on the left. For all that's holy, do not select the more colorful on the right.

XMg2plp.png

Yes, I am being silly and overly dramatic :) but seriously do not select the other one. o_O

:D

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Framed #131
⬛ ⬛ ⬛ ⬛ ⬛
Look at @Juggernaut image. For whatever reason, the structure reminded me of a guard tower from the classic movie.
I don't remember there being a desert in that movie and since he also mentioned that frequent visitors to thread should get it, figured it had to be a comic based movie...... but I got it on the first try. :p

I do love Bridge Over the River Kwai, but it's frustrating to watch, I end up whistling and humming that song for days.....lol :laugh:

quickccc

Reaction score
Moderator Edit: https://www.superherohype.com/movies/516868-sonys-madame-web-film-moves-from-summer-to-fall-2023

Sony’s Madame Web Film Moves From Summer To Fall 2023

Fall has generally been a good time for Sony to release its MCU-adjacent Spider-Man spinoffs. Both the original Venom and its sequel, Let There Be Carnage, proved to be solid October performers when they premiered in 2018 and 2021, respectively. Now, the studio is hoping that Madame Web can bring in a similar turnout. The Hollywood Reporter brings word that Peter Parker’s clairvoyant ally won’t be making her big-screen debut on July 7, 2023 as previously expected. Instead, the film will hit theaters three months later on October 6, 2023. Madame Web film moves

Madame Web recently began production with Dakota Johnson starring as the titular blind psychic. We still don’t know if Johnson is playing Cassandra Webb, Julia Carpenter, or a brand new incarnation of the character. Regardless, she leads a cast that currently includes Sydney Sweeney, Celeste O’Connor, Isabela Merced, Tahar Rahim, Emma Roberts, and Mike Epps. Earlier this week, Adam Scott was confirmed to have a role in the film as well.

ddd5198fdc076c1db2fd8663ff08bc08.jpg

f5ba16174fef4319e11ab920b30a0ee7.jpg

f4f59426b96376c8ec09ee1a927e7b8a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

quickccc

Reaction score
https://comicbookmovie.com/blade/x-...ot-titles-possibly-revealed-a194878#gs.6dgm8t

X-MEN And BLADE Marvel Studios Reboot Titles Possibly Revealed
Deadline shared some details on what fans should expect from this weekend's SDCC earlier today, and may have revealed/confirmed the titles of Marvel Studios' Blade and X-Men reboots in the process.

Earlier today, Deadline published an extensive report on what fans should expect from this weekend's San Diego Comic-Con, and a couple of very interesting details seem to have flown under the radar.

When breaking down the potential projects Marvel Studios will likely showcase during their Hall H panel, the trade refers to the upcoming MCU Blade reboot as "The Blade," and the planned X-Men project as "The Mutants."

This isn't the first time we've heard The Mutants mentioned as a possible title for the studio's elusive X-Men reboot (the rumor did the rounds last year, and appears to have been confirmed), and while calling the Daywalker's next movie The Blade may seem like an odd choice, it would be one way to differentiate the project from the original trilogy starring Wesley Snipes.

This doesn't make either title official, of course, but Deadline has been known to drop these kind of reveals in Comic-Con previews over the years, so it's definitely worth keeping an eye on as we head into the weekend.

Even if we don't get any significant updates on these particular projects, we're hearing that the first trailer for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is all-but guaranteed. We will also likely see some new footage from She-Hulk, and hopefully first looks at other Disney+ shows, but the studio is expected to save quite a few major announcements for D23 - so probably best not to get your hopes up for that big Secret Wars confirmation!

46964d1d6c19cd8c1ab68ca5448a7e4c.jpg

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
THE F4 and XMEN cast bout to be announced....plus Henry Cavill back as SUPES baby. Man of Steel 2. Etgerton is Wolverine for sure....now Giancarlo Esposito or Bryan Cranston as Prof EX and/,or Magneto? WoW.

Aaron Paul as Gambit and The Breaking Saul XMEN Circle Will BE Complete. Cinnabon for all lol!

quickccc

Reaction score
THE F4 and XMEN cast bout to be announced....plus Henry Cavill back as SUPES baby. Man of Steel 2. Etgerton is Wolverine for sure....now Giancarlo Esposito or Bryan Cranston as Prof EX and/,or Magneto? WoW.

Aaron Paul as Gambit and The Breaking Saul XMEN Circle Will BE Complete. Cinnabon for all lol!

Just as it would have been an awful choice of Channing Tatum as Gambit ( Uuugh) ..and thank goodness the movie was cancelled in it's tracks by Disney.

I don't think i'd be fond of Aaron Paul as Gambit either.
Sounds like they are trying to place a popular facial icon to the film/character, instead of the correct actor.

220px-Gambit_%28Marvel_Comics%29.png

Canning Tatum as Gambit ?
220px-Channing_Tatum_%2819276524319%29.jpg

Taylor Kitsch as Gambit in Xmen: Origins
220px-Taylor_Kitsch%2C_2012.jpg

Aaron Paul as Gambit ?
220px-Aaron_Paul_by_Gage_Skidmore_3.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The article's ranking:

1. Christopher Reeve
2. Henry Cavill
3. George Reeves
4. Bud Collyer
5. Tom Welling
6. Brandon Routh
7. Dean Cain
8. Tyler Hoechlin
9. Kirk Alyn
10. Gerald Christopher
11. John Newton
12. Nicolas Cage

My reaction to the article's ranking:

1. :starspin:
2. If Reeves is ranked #1 then :thumbup:
3. Would not have ranked above Cain:huh:
4. Voice actor should not be ranked this high :thumbdown:
5. :bow:
6. :facepalm:
7. :star:
8. Have not watched enough of his work to offer an opinion
9. :muttley:
10.:lmao:
11. :laugh:
12. :lmao2:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just as it would have been an awful choice of Channing Tatum as Gambit ( Uuugh) ..and thank goodness the movie was cancelled in it's tracks by Disney.

Sounds like they are trying to place a popular facial icon to the film/character, instead of the correct actor.

Aaron Paul as Gambit ?
Who's the guy from Community ? If he can do a Creole accent, he could be good.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Top Gun: Maverick Soars Past The Avengers to Become Ninth-Highest Grossing Domestic Film of All Time
By Alex Loroff | MovieWeb
July 21, 2022

TG-03.jpg

Top Gun: Maverick has been the movie sensation of the summer, pulling in more than $1 billion from audiences around the world. In the United States, the Top Gun sequel continues to make history as one of the highest-grossing domestic films ever released. After making its way into the top 10 a few days ago, Maverick has now edged past The Avengers to take sole position of the #9 spot on the all-time domestic box office list. Maverick has now made $623.8 million domestically, just enough to beat out the $623.3 million earned by The Avengers a decade ago.

The next major hurdle for Maverick to clear is the $650 million domestic mark, which would put the film in the same company as Jurassic World ($652 million) and Titanic ($659.3 million). At that point, the climb up the top 10 list gets a little steeper, with Avengers: Infinity War ($678.8 million) sitting at #6 and each of the top five films grossing more than $700 million. For those keeping track at home, the five highest-grossing domestic films of all time are Black Panther ($700 million), Avatar ($760 million), Spider-Man: No Way Home ($804 million), Avengers: Endgame ($858 million), and Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($936 million). It will be a tall task for Maverick to make its way into the top-tier group, but the sky is seemingly the limit for the film, given the way it's performed this summer.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Sam Raimi Spider-Man Trilogy is coming back to Netflix next month
By Ray Ampoloquio | xfire
July 21, 2022

sam-raimi-spider-man-trilogy-netflix-next-month-1-800x450.jpg.webp

We know that Netflix is in the midst of a crisis right now, what with all the firing going on. But, if Netflix does have to cut its losses and start firing people, we're hoping the streaming giant doesn't remove the people behind its social media platforms.

To announce the arrival of Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy on Netflix starting August 1, the Netflix social media team decided to go with the perfect meme.

If you're curious to see what it is, check out the tweet below:

Read more

quickccc

Reaction score

Aaron Paul as Gambit ?

Sorry, typo error

" Channing Tatum' as Gambit ?

quickccc

Reaction score
Who's the guy from Community ? If he can do a Creole accent, he could be good.

" ..Mon ami " ..... - Gambit

yeh i didn't get even the slightest hint or notion of a Cajun accent from Taylor Kitsch's Gambit in Xmen: Origins. :(

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
" ..Mon ami " ..... - Gambit

yeh i didn't get even the slightest hint or notion of a Cajun accent from Taylor Kitsch's Gambit in Xmen: Origins. :(
It's doubtful accents will be a major condition for actors in the current MCU. Elisabeth Olsen's Sokovian accent was fading before WandaVision. Her accent was never as distinct as it was in Age of Ultron by the time she played in Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's doubtful accents will be a major condition for actors in the current MCU. Elisabeth Olsen's Sokovian accent was fading before WandaVision. Her accent was never as distinct as it was in Age of Ultron by the time she played in Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness.
That's true, but IMO, Gambit's culture is a big part of who he is. I think it's important to keep his accent...maybe not as thick, but it should always be discernable.