Comics and Movies

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
my biggest problem with ALL Spidey movies is

Why the heck can’t Peter find one single girlfriend who is actually hot?

Why?
Tobey Maguire was 27 when the first Spider-Man released. They paired him with 20-year old Kirsten Dunst. 36-year old Salma Hayek was available at the time. Here is 38-year old Monica Bellucci from 2001's Brotherhood of the Wolf:

knZ5QEZ.png

Both could have passed for teenagers and made Maguire look much cooler. meh. What do movie producers know anyway? :p:laugh:

visionary

Reaction score
Tobey Maguire was 27 when the first Spider-Man released. They paired him with 20-year old Kirsten Dunst. 36-year old Salma Hayek was available at the time. Here is 38-year old Monica Bellucci from 2001's Brotherhood of the Wolf:

knZ5QEZ.png

Both could have passed for teenagers and made Maguire look much cooler. meh. What do movie producers know anyway? :p:laugh:

making fun of Salma or Monica is like spitting at the sun

:D:grin:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
making fun of Salma or Monica is like spitting at the sun

:D:grin:
I'm not fully joking though. The Spideys could have been paired with other actresses, although I do not have a problem with Zendaya myself. Maybe I will consider some other actresses who would have been serious alternates. You know. Just for the heck of it. :)

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Moviegoers judge and grade according to how well or poorly they are entertained. Their preferences or disdain hinges upon what they perceive as quality.

You opinion is valid. So is everyone else's. You think most movies suck. Most people think differently. If everyone else's valid opinion was the same as your valid opinion, the film industry would be a bare shell of itself. Billions would not be shelled out annually for suckage. This is the singular point that I do not believe you want to consider or admit you have considered.

And I love this comments (not just your own) that the MCU has peaked years ago. Not sure why you consider sliding down the slope from the Guardian's peak. The bottom only awaits you. Marvel and Disney have planned phases yet to come. They, and the overwhelming majority of their audience, believe there are still peaks to appear. That is the big picture. Why are still staring at a picture that faded away eight years ago?

They have already started replacing actors who were seen in previous phases, although it has not been a 100% change at this point (which would be illogical based on the currently ongoing transitional storylines also). Noted about Alita: Battle Angel but that film technology (special effects in particular) does not currently mess well with both current and upcoming planned character releases.

Take the upcoming She-Hulk series as an example. In my opinion, the superhero character will look more visually plausible with the continuing evolution of The Hulk's CGI, as opposed to "cyborg" CGI tech seen in A: BA (minus imagining the mechanical hardware of course). It is perfect for Cameron's Avatar projects but would not blend in as well the MCU visuals.

Movie production does not "seem" too slow to me. There has been a healthy number of films that the MCU pumped out since 2008, with an entire slate of movies announced within the next two years. Just how fast must movies come out? In fact, "too fast" would make them seem entirely serial in nature without individuality. Just my opinion.

And since when has any studio not squeezed every penny they can out of their content, lol?

I mentioned anita because she actually looked like a real girl or close to it. I was not comparing cgi. I would use that type of cgi on all characters in movies and long series of movies and phase out actual humans. That would solve aging problems like immortal characters aging in 10-15 years, or movies that span a 10 or so year time period but only have a few years pass in the movie plot

I think more movies and faster production would solve the issue of poor quality scripts and plot lines not playing out. End game should have been a 4 or 5 movie series not a 2.

Last edited:

visionary

Reaction score
I'm not fully joking though. The Spideys could have been paired with other actresses, although I do not have a problem with Zendaya myself. Maybe I will consider some other actresses who would have been serious alternates. You know. Just for the heck of it. :)

I’m not a fan of Zendaya

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mentioned anita because she actually looked like a real girl or close to it. I was not comparing cgi. I would use that type of cgi on all characters in movies and long series of movies and phase out actual humans. That would solve aging problems like immortal characters aging in 10-15 years or movies that span a 10 or so year time period but only have a few years pass in the movie plot

I think more movies and faster production would solve the issue of poor quality scripts and plot lines not playing out. End game should have been a 4 or 5 movie series not a 2.
YuFRmhQ.gif

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't think most peoples 1-10 vote should be recorded. Most people grade everything in top half, and rarely have ratings in the lower. I think most movies suck, so there are very few that get near the top. I don't care what millions of people thought. I was not entertained, and I think the marvel universe peaked at the first guardians of the galaxy and that the 2nd one sucked.

They should end it all of the marvel universe right now with current actors, rethink how it is done, better map the connection of everything, and make use of newer technology (like cameron did with battle angel) to increase movie production and story lines while not having lame aging actors continuing to do over blown redundant scripts. They went too big when movie production is too slow, and plan better. They are just throwing stuff out now to capitalize on squeezing every last penny out of this round
Well, go tell them what YOU think they're doing wrong, and maybe they'll change the way they do things to accommodate you, instead of the other millions of people who love their product.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Well, go tell them what YOU think they're doing wrong, and maybe they'll change the way they do things to accommodate you, instead of the other millions of people who love their product.

I am sure they already know why they suck

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

knZ5QEZ.png

Automatic "like" for just mentioning "Brotherhood of the Wolf" She was so good in that movie, very mysterious, very sexy and a little bit scary........

tumblr_pyy4g5Xmo61xz83mso2_500.gifv

dsturgeon

Reaction score
According to the chart shown in this post, they know they suck so bad that they are crying their eyes out all the way to the bank.

I am sure there are people on the project who fought for their vision of how the MCU movies should have gone and lost, or they got their way and regret choices in hindsight. You can know something sucks, and still be happy on the way to cash your checks.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am sure there are people on the project who fought for their vision of how the MCU movies should have gone and lost, or they got their way and regret choices in hindsight. You can know something sucks, and still be happy on the way to cash your checks.
Now you are just being completely melodramatic. :laugh:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah, she has a manly jaw for sure. But I dare you to watch her on Hot Ones on Youtube and not find her incredibly attractive anyway. Her intelligence, humor, and just general demeanor is alluring:

Nah, she's definitely hot...usually. I think any weight gain will show in her face first though.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actress Hindsight

Is there another actress you would have cast in the role of Mary Jane Watson, Gwen Stacy or Michelle-Jones Watson?

Below are the actresses who played the roles in Spider-Man (2002), The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) and Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017), along with three random actresses who were born in the same year as each respective Spidey movie actress.

Each actress photo was taken from a film scene either in the Spidey movie they starred in or a movie released the same year as the Spidey movie or within two years. I did this for two reasons. First, each actresses photo would reflect approximately their exact same age. Second, I wanted all photos to reflect how all the actresses looked at the time of the Spidey movies instead of current ones. For example, 20 year-old Kirsten Dunst is seen instead of her 40 year-old self.

PvBjVuw.png

From left-to-right: Kirsten Dunst (Spider-Man 2002), Jessica Biel (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2003), Anne Hathaway (The Princess Diaries 2001), Kristin Kreuk (Snow White: The Fairest of Them All 2001)

AYPufR5.png

From left-to-right: Emma Stone (The Amazing Spider-Man 2012), Ana de Armas (For a Handful of Kisses 2014), Vanessa Hudgens (Journey 2: The Mysterious Island 2012), Zoe Kravitz (X-Men: First Class 2011)

tIkGrZM.png

From left-to-right: Zendaya (Spider-Man Homecoming 2017), Courtney Eaton (Gods of Egypt 2016), Anya Taylor-Joy (Thoroughbreds 2017), Sophia Turner (X-Men: Apocalypse 2016)

Could any of these or other actresses have gotten the part instead of Dunst, Stone and/or Zendaya?

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Actress Hindsight

Is there another actress you would have cast in the role of Mary Jane Watson, Gwen Stacy or Michelle Jones-Watson?

Below are the actresses who played the roles in Spider-Man (2002), The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) and Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017), along with three random actresses who were born in the same year as each respective Spidey movie actress.

Each actress photo was taken from a film scene either in the Spidey movie they starred in or a movie released the same year as the Spidey movie or within two years. I did this for two reasons. First, each actresses photo would reflect approximately their exact same age. Second, I wanted all photos to reflect how all the actresses looked at the time of the Spidey movies instead of current ones. For example, 20 year-old Kirsten Dunst is seen instead of her 40 year-old self.

PvBjVuw.png

From left-to-right: Kirsten Dunst (Spider-Man 2002), Jessica Biel (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2003), Anne Hathaway (The Princess Diaries 2001), Kristin Kreuk (Snow White: The Fairest of Them All 2001)

AYPufR5.png

From left-to-right: Emma Stone (The Amazing Spider-Man 2012), Ana de Armas (For a Handful of Kisses 2014), Vanessa Hudgens (Journey 2: The Mysterious Island 2012), Zoe Kravitz (X-Men: First Class 2011)

tIkGrZM.png

From left-to-right: Zendaya (Spider-Man Homecoming 2017), Courtney Eaton (Gods of Egypt 2016), Anya Taylor-Joy (Thoroughbreds 2017), Sophia Turner (X-Men: Apocalypse 2016)

Could any of these or other actresses have gotten the part instead of Dunst, Stone and/or Zendaya?
Jessica Biel and Kristin Kreuk are the hottest of all of them and could have done just as well in any of the movies, IMO, except for the recent incarnations of MJ. I think Zendaya plays her role (in her respective movies) better than any others could have.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Is Biel really the same age as Dunst??? Just Googled. It seems like Biel has been around a lot longer than Dunst, but I guess not. I had high hopes for Dunst after Interview With the Vampire. I thought she was going to be an extraordinary actor. She's not bad.