Comics and Movies

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jessica Biel and Kristin Kreuk are the hottest of all of them and could have done just as well in any of the movies, IMO, except for the recent incarnations of MJ. I think Zendaya plays her role (in her respective movies) better than any others could have.
Careful. Do not let Catwoman scratch you up for that comment. Just kidding. :p

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is Biel really the same age as Dunst??? Just Googled. It seems like Biel has been around a lot longer than Dunst, but I guess not. I had high hopes for Dunst after Interview With the Vampire. I thought she was going to be an extraordinary actor. She's not bad.
5Tx1A6L.jpg

Dunst was kissing a soaked upside-down Spider-Man only eight years after this IWTV scene, lol.

Last edited:

nobody

Reaction score
Actress Hindsight

Is there another actress you would have cast in the role of Mary Jane Watson, Gwen Stacy or Michelle Jones-Watson?

Below are the actresses who played the roles in Spider-Man (2002), The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) and Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017), along with three random actresses who were born in the same year as each respective Spidey movie actress.

Each actress photo was taken from a film scene either in the Spidey movie they starred in or a movie released the same year as the Spidey movie or within two years. I did this for two reasons. First, each actresses photo would reflect approximately their exact same age. Second, I wanted all photos to reflect how all the actresses looked at the time of the Spidey movies instead of current ones. For example, 20 year-old Kirsten Dunst is seen instead of her 40 year-old self.

PvBjVuw.png

From left-to-right: Kirsten Dunst (Spider-Man 2002), Jessica Biel (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2003), Anne Hathaway (The Princess Diaries 2001), Kristin Kreuk (Snow White: The Fairest of Them All 2001)

AYPufR5.png

From left-to-right: Emma Stone (The Amazing Spider-Man 2012), Ana de Armas (For a Handful of Kisses 2014), Vanessa Hudgens (Journey 2: The Mysterious Island 2012), Zoe Kravitz (X-Men: First Class 2011)

tIkGrZM.png

From left-to-right: Zendaya (Spider-Man Homecoming 2017), Courtney Eaton (Gods of Egypt 2016), Anya Taylor-Joy (Thoroughbreds 2017), Sophia Turner (X-Men: Apocalypse 2016)

Could any of these or other actresses have gotten the part instead of Dunst, Stone and/or Zendaya?

Why does it have to be someone really famous? Why not someone not as well-known? It worked with Tom Holland. The point you are trying to make is about finding who best fits the part but inexplicably limiting it down to already famous people when the perfect person might not be well-known yet.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why does it have to be someone really famous? Why not someone not as well-known? It worked with Tom Holland. The point you are trying to make is about finding who best fits the part but inexplicably limiting it down to already famous people when the perfect person might not be well-known yet.
My choices (while random) are more well-known. That is true but I did leave suggestions open to individual interpretation.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
haha. I just realized I only made the Catwoman scratching comment about Zoe Kravitz earlier when there are actually TWO actresses in the pics I posted who played the character (Hathaway also). :D
I had no idea why you mentioned Catwoman, TBH. lol

But the Catwoman in The Batman...OOF!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is why I thought she was going to become one of the all time greats:

It was a powerful example of her skill but every actor does not receive appropriate critical acclaim as their peers. Dunst does have four Golden Globes nominations on her resume and a number of various critics awards too. She landed her first Oscar nomination for The Power of the Dog this year. Her time is likely coming soon.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Bold> That's why I mentioned Catwoman (Kravitz) scratching you up for basically omitting her. :muttley:
Wow, I didn't even recognize her in that picture! Nor did I recognize her as Lenny and Lisa's daughter in the movie. But she wasn't nearly old enough to play MJ in the first Spidey movies...and I'm probably really, really confused right now, just thinking about her walk in that movie!

Okay, just went back to your post and read it. She was old enough for the role of MJ in the latest incarnation...and she might have been able to pull off the smartassery as well, but probably not as well as Zendaya.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow, I didn't even recognize her in that picture! Nor did I recognize her as Lenny and Lisa's daughter in the movie. But she wasn't nearly old enough to play MJ in the first Spidey movies...and I'm probably really, really confused right now, just thinking about her walk in that movie!

Okay, just went back to your post and read it. She was old enough for the role of MJ in the latest incarnation...and she might have been able to pull off the smartassery as well, but probably not as well as Zendaya.
Kravitz (DOB: December 1, 1988) and Emma Stone (DOB: November 6, 1988) are the same age. She would have been the "right age" to play Gwen Stacy in the Andrew Garfield films.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Kravitz (DOB: December 1, 1988) and Emma Stone (DOB: November 6, 1988) are the same age. She would have been the "right age" to play Gwen Stacy in the Andrew Garfield films.
Looking at her in The Batman, I think she could play opposite Holland as well. Maybe she's a little too sexy though.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looking at her in The Batman, I think she could play opposite Holland as well. Maybe she's a little too sexy though.
That... might be stretching the on-screen age look for the character a bit. Kravitz looks very young still but I do not know if she could pull off the teenager look very convincingly. Then again, I thought Emma Stone was pushing the teenager look as Gwen Stacy and she was only 22 or 23 at the time, so what do I know, lol?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You got me to thinking about unknowns who could have auditioned as MIchelle Jones-Watson for Spider-Man: Homecoming. Tati Gabrielle was completely off my radar back then. I became familiar with her work playing a witch on the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina starting in 2018.

qvn2sUP.jpg

Her IMDB.com page lists only five acting credits prior to S:H. Those five were a collection of guest appearances and shorts one-shot jobs.

If I had seen her work back then and it compared to me what I saw her do on Sabrina, I believe I would suggested her as an unknown to land the Mary Jane role at that time. Or audition against Zendaya at the very least.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You got me to thinking about unknowns who could have auditioned as Michelle Jones-Watson for Spider-Man: Homecoming. Tati Gabrielle was completely off my radar back then. I became familiar with her work playing a witch on the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina starting in 2018.

qvn2sUP.jpg

Her IMDB.com page lists only five acting credits prior to S:H. Those five were a collection of guest appearances and shorts one-shot jobs.

If I had seen her work back then and it compared to me what I saw her do on Sabrina, I believe I would suggested her as an unknown to land the Mary Jane role at that time. Or audition against Zendaya at the very least.
YES! Good actress and ridiculously hot!