Comics and Movies

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well. I did not want to take it all the way there. :muttley:

I had high hopes for Pacific Rim. Yeah. I got suckered. :laugh:

The premise was really cool. The execution? Not so much.

But Hunnam was an embarrassment. You could HEAR him reading his lines!

:facepalm:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And clearly showed Charlie Hunnam’s lack of acting ability.
I was thinking it was the direction, but it could be him. I liked him as Jax, and assumed his personality was an affectation of the character, but maybe that's the extent of his depth.

I don't know or care enough to defend him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was thinking it was the direction, but it could be him. I liked him as Jax, and assumed his personality was an affectation of the character, but maybe that's the extent of his depth.

I don't know or care enough to defend him.

Same here to be honest. I just know he was horrible in Pacific Rim and hasn’t fared well in other movies.

And I wouldn’t want him anywhere near a character as important as Wolverine for the future of the MCU.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Same here to be honest. I just know he was horrible in Pacific Rim and hasn’t fared well in other movies.

And I wouldn’t want him anywhere near a character as important as Wolverine for the future of the MCU.
I liked him in "Green Street Hooligans"

7zME.gif

But, yeah, that a big no to Wolverine.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Warner Delays DC Movies But Sends Two HBO Max Films To Theaters
Scott Mendelson | Forbes/MIcrosoft Start
August 25, 2022

AAWQLbm.img

As had been rumored for weeks, the postproduction gridlock caused by <censored> has claimed another major casualty, with James Wan’s Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom being delayed from March 23, 2023 to December 25, 2023. And since there’s a prime slot currently available, Shazam: Fury of the Gods gets to avoid a clash with James Cameron’s Avatar: The Way of Water and Ryan Coogler’s likely-to-be-leggy Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. The David F. Sandberg-directed superhero comedy gets IMAX and related PLF screens it wouldn’t have had alongside Avatar 2. More importantly (not everything is about DC or Marvel), Warner Bros. Discovery has sent two previously intended-for-HBO Max movies, a new House Party on December 9 and Evil Dead Rise on April 21, 2023, to theaters.

Yes, David Zaslov is making good on his unofficial pledge to prioritize theatrical. I’d bet most of your money that Channing Tatum’s Magic Mike: Last Dance ends up in theaters, possibly in that new February 10, 2023 ‘untitled WB event film’ slot. Salem’s Lot has been delayed indefinitely (again, post-production delays seem to be the culprit, the trailer played great at CinemaCon), with The Nun 2 (directed by Conjuring 3’s Michael Chaves and written by Malignant’s Akela Cooper) slated for next year's early September slot essentially created by It, The Nun and It Chapter Two. For folks worried that David Zaslov’s shareholder presentation didn’t reference The Conjuring Universe ($2.1 billion on a combined $179.5 million budget) among Warner Bros.’ prized IPs, there you go.

With all the online handwringing about the DC delays, Warner Bros. Discovery is actually *adding* movies to the theatrical slate. I’m disappointed because it furthers the nonsensical ‘DC in disarray!’ narrative. While I’m glad Sandberg and Wan don’t have to rush (more time to cram those DC flicks with gleefully silly Conjuring Universe cameos), this leaves theaters without yet another major year-end tentpole. I’ve given Disney much grief about holding back theatrically, including the deluge of 20th Century Studios and Searchlight flicks that debuted/will debut on Hulu. However, they will keep the industry afloat in the last quarter of 2022 with Black Panther 2, Strange World, and Avatar 2, along with 20th Century/Searchlight flicks like Amsterdam, Barbarian, See How They Run and The Menu.

Read more

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Warner Delays DC Movies But Sends Two HBO Max Films To Theaters
Scott Mendelson | Forbes/MIcrosoft Start
August 25, 2022

AAWQLbm.img

As had been rumored for weeks, the postproduction gridlock caused by <censored> has claimed another major casualty, with James Wan’s Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom being delayed from March 23, 2023 to December 25, 2023. And since there’s a prime slot currently available, Shazam: Fury of the Gods gets to avoid a clash with James Cameron’s Avatar: The Way of Water and Ryan Coogler’s likely-to-be-leggy Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. The David F. Sandberg-directed superhero comedy gets IMAX and related PLF screens it wouldn’t have had alongside Avatar 2. More importantly (not everything is about DC or Marvel), Warner Bros. Discovery has sent two previously intended-for-HBO Max movies, a new House Party on December 9 and Evil Dead Rise on April 21, 2023, to theaters.

Yes, David Zaslov is making good on his unofficial pledge to prioritize theatrical. I’d bet most of your money that Channing Tatum’s Magic Mike: Last Dance ends up in theaters, possibly in that new February 10, 2023 ‘untitled WB event film’ slot. Salem’s Lot has been delayed indefinitely (again, post-production delays seem to be the culprit, the trailer played great at CinemaCon), with The Nun 2 (directed by Conjuring 3’s Michael Chaves and written by Malignant’s Akela Cooper) slated for next year's early September slot essentially created by It, The Nun and It Chapter Two. For folks worried that David Zaslov’s shareholder presentation didn’t reference The Conjuring Universe ($2.1 billion on a combined $179.5 million budget) among Warner Bros.’ prized IPs, there you go.

With all the online handwringing about the DC delays, Warner Bros. Discovery is actually *adding* movies to the theatrical slate. I’m disappointed because it furthers the nonsensical ‘DC in disarray!’ narrative. While I’m glad Sandberg and Wan don’t have to rush (more time to cram those DC flicks with gleefully silly Conjuring Universe cameos), this leaves theaters without yet another major year-end tentpole. I’ve given Disney much grief about holding back theatrically, including the deluge of 20th Century Studios and Searchlight flicks that debuted/will debut on Hulu. However, they will keep the industry afloat in the last quarter of 2022 with Black Panther 2, Strange World, and Avatar 2, along with 20th Century/Searchlight flicks like Amsterdam, Barbarian, See How They Run and The Menu.

Read more

Cry more about it ‘DC guy’ (the writer), they’re an absolute mess.

:facepalm:

quickccc

Reaction score
She-Hulk's first episode seemed somewhat forced but I really enjoyed the second one. The running theme fits Tatiana Maslany well. Very glad they cast her for the role.

i haven't seen the 2nd episode yet .. but from the first one, it is was everything expected from the trailer preview hinted at.
at least the trailer had me prepared for what She Hulk is likely to be.

It's gonna be very campy, over the top, cartoonish, comedy aimed. the critics may say it is a Guardian/Ragnorak like format.
it means we'll continuing to see the the bifocal glasses wearing Hulk... and She Hulk busting out in the court rooms and saving witness protection clients.
More aimed at family oriented superhero format ..than Netflix's Daredevil/Luke cage/Defenders like violence oriented format.

This is going to be the way and direction of Disney- Marvel studios.

250px-She-Hulk_Attorney_at_Law_logo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's gonna be very campy, over the top, cartoonish, comedy aimed. the critics may say it is a Guardian/Ragnorak like format.
These are just my opinons.

Neither episode has been campy nor cartoonish. An example of a campy superhero show was the 1960's Batman. The Tick would illustrate a cartoonish type superhero series. This show is neither of those.

It is sometimes over the top but not throughout each episode. That is definitely due to it being comedy oriented though.

Plus, it bears little resemblance to either the Guardians movies or Thor: Ragnarok except that all three have elements of comedy embedded in them. That was tough for me to say about T:R. (Not a big fan).
More aimed at family oriented superhero format ..than Netflix's Daredevil/Luke cage/Defenders like violence oriented format.
Agreed although several series such as The Falcon and The Winter Solider, WandaVision, Loki and even Moon Knight include some episodes "dramatic" enough that they do not fall solely with a TV-G rating.
This is going to be the way and direction of Disney- Marvel studios.

250px-She-Hulk_Attorney_at_Law_logo.jpg
Agree again. I have never doubted Disney would remake itself to the point where its streaming programming would shift solely towards the Netflix variety. After all, it is Disney, a nearly century old entertainment company with a relatively steady programming niche that has been widely successful for decades.

Sure the studio has had clunkers. I still remember The Black Hole and shudder thinking about it even now. Overall, it pumps out winners that its old and new audiences appreciate. Even the theatrical MCU success will not alter its programming scheme completely.

I think the most anyone can hope for is Disney creating a dedicated sub-niche for series and movies like Daredevil and Black Panther for its audience who prefers near or totally mature content. If so, I believe Disney can grow both its library and audience to an even more massive size than it is now.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
These are just my opinons.

Neither episode has been campy nor cartoonish. An example of a campy superhero show was the 1960's Batman. The Tick would illustrate a cartoonish type superhero series. This show is neither of those.

It is sometimes over the top but not throughout each episode. That is definitely due to it being comedy oriented though.

Plus, it bears little resemblance to either the Guardians movies or Thor: Ragnarok except that all three have elements of comedy embedded in them. That was tough for me to say about T:R. (Not a big fan).
Agreed although several series such as The Falcon and The Winter Solider, WandaVision, Loki and even Moon Knight include some episodes "dramatic" enough that they do not fall solely with a TV-G rating.
Agree again. I have never doubted Disney would remake itself to the point where its streaming programming would shift solely towards the Netflix variety. After all, it is Disney, a nearly century old entertainment company with a relatively steady programming niche that has been widely successful for decades.

Sure the studio has had clunkers. I still remember The Black Hole and shudder thinking about it even now. Overall, it pumps out winners that its old and new audiences appreciate. Even the theatrical MCU success will not alter its programming scheme completely.

I think the most anyone can hope for is Disney creating a dedicated sub-niche for series and movies like Daredevil and Black Panther for its audience who prefers near or totally mature content. If so, I believe Disney can grow both its library and audience to an even more massive size than it is now.
Sometimes the CGI doesn't look quite up to standard, which gives her a bit of a cartoonish look, but the show itself isn't cartoonish.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sometimes the CGI doesn't look quite up to standard, which gives her a bit of a cartoonish look, but the show itself isn't cartoonish.
True. There are notable difference between Hulk and She-Hulk's VFX in the same freaking show! It is something that must be improved upon.

That said, her VFX is not totally inconsistent throughout each episode thus far. For instance, sometimes her eye movements drift for no good reason but then they focus like normal at other times. I want to say they were rushed implementing special effects but that does not explain why Banner's looks (even the beard stubble) are stably and consistently superior to Walters when they are in Hulk form.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
True. There are notable difference between Hulk and She-Hulk's VFX in the same freaking show! It is something that must be improved upon.

That said, her VFX is not totally inconsistent throughout each episode thus far. For instance, sometimes her eye movements drift for no good reason but then they focus like normal at other times. I want to say they were rushed implementing special effects but that does not explain why Banner's looks (even the beard stubble) are stably and consistently superior to Walters when they are in Hulk form.
I noticed that his were much better as well, and it's mostly the eye thing that caught my attention too. Sometimes when she talks, it looks almost like video game graphics.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I noticed that his were much better as well, and it's mostly the eye thing that caught my attention too. Sometimes when she talks, it looks almost like video game graphics.
Sometimes it feels like it's a little out of sync. There is one thing I find kinda distracting.......

Don't know if this really warrants a spoiler, but I am distracted by her transformation. Why does her hair style change? It's goes from curly to long and wavy, but why, Bruce's hair doesn't really change much. I'm not sure why, but it's been really bugging me...... :huh: She also has "Jimmy Johnson Hair" it doesn't really move either...... :confused:

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I watched Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent yesterday, and the whole time I couldn’t stop thinking, “Nicholas Cage with an Eastern European accent as Dr Doom may be the greatest cinematic moment of my lifetime.”

If it’s wrong, then I don’t want to be right

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Sometimes it feels like it's a little out of sync. There is one thing I find kinda distracting.......

Don't know if this really warrants a spoiler, but I am distracted by her transformation. Why does her hair style change? It's goes from curly to long and wavy, but why, Bruce's hair doesn't really change much. I'm not sure why, but it's been really bugging me...... :huh: She also has "Jimmy Johnson Hair" it doesn't really move either...... :confused:

It’s something that Hulks do. There’s one in the comics that has a mustache when human and loses it when Hulk (mostly used as a red herring to trick readers when no one knew who it was).

Walters in the comics would get enormous hair too, almost as a gag. I think the idea is She-Hulk improves any “flaws” that Jennifer may have had, including bad hair. Also was used to make her look a bit more savage

immshehulk2020001006_col.jpg

If she’s growing muscles while directly breaking the law of conservation of mass… instantly growing 6-12 inches of hair doesn’t seem as preposterous. Why does the hair she already had turn green though? Comics!

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Note: This is neither a reveal from the series nor episode's plot, so it is not a spoiler but
...this got pass me when I saw the episode but read about it afterwards. Pause the episode at the 5:58 mark if you have Disney+ to see what Jennifer is looking at.

f04uwBD.jpg

The "giant statue" easter egg is obvious but "metal claws" do not necessarily equate as Wolverine. Regardless whether it is that particular mutant or some other character, I still think it was a deviously clever insert, lol.

Tip: Click on the image once to make it expand if the words appear too small to read. Click it one time again to shrink the image.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Note: This is neither a reveal from the series nor episode's plot, so it is not a spoiler but
...this got pass me when I saw the episode but read about it afterwards. Pause the episode at the 5:58 mark if you have Disney+ to see what Jennifer is looking at.

f04uwBD.jpg

The "giant statue" easter egg is obvious but "metal claws" do not necessarily equate as Wolverine. Regardless whether it is that particular mutant or some other character, I still think it was a deviously clever insert, lol.

Tip: Click on the image once to make it expand if the words appear too small to read. Click it one time again to shrink the image.
There are several Easter eggs there. Is this someone you, as King Nerd noticed, or did someone else spot this?