Comics and Movies

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
See Emilia Clarke As Amber Heard’s Aquaman Replacement After She’s Chosen By Fans
By James Brizuela | Giant Freakin Robot
September 3, 2022

emilia-clarke-solo-a-star-wars-story-900x509.jpg

Fans have long been clamoring for Amber Heard to be replaced in Aquaman 2. Even back before the conclusion of her trial against ex-husband Johnny Depp, Heard was part of a campaign that saw millions of signatures as part of a petition to have her removed from the film. Coincidentally, the film has been delayed yet again to December, leaving many to wonder if a new actress has been brought in as Mera. Fans have already chosen a replacement, as Emilia Clarke was placed in the costume via some fan art, and she looks quite good in it. You can see the image below:

Emilia Clarke rose to superstardom when she portrayed Daenerys Targaryen in Game of Thrones. Her character was beloved by all, right up until the last season of the hit TV series. That led to her being indoctrinated into many of the best franchises. Clarke appeared in Star Wars, as she was cast in Solo. She is also set to make her MCU debut, as she is going to be in Secret Invasion, though her role is still unknown at this time. If Clarke were to jump into a DC role, she would accomplish something that no other actress has. From the above picture, she has our vote.

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom was meant to release in March of 2023 but has since been pushed back to Christmas 2023. That is a huge jump, which has led many to believe that we could be seeing a new Mera cast. Amber Heard could be replaced by Emilia Clarke or some other actress between that time. Having more than a year for reshoots certainly is enough time to bring in someone new. Though none of those rumors have been substantiated yet, we would not be shocked if Heard was completely cut out of the film. DC has been having plenty of issues lately, especially because of the Warner Bros. Discovery merger, and recasting Mera would certainly go over well with fans.

Read more

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
meh.

The Mother of Dragons can already control dragons.

Seriously, how hard could a little water manipulation be? :grin:

Perhaps @Reverend Conehead may get a kick out of the above article. :)

Definitely. Look how great my voodoo worked. I poked a bunch of needles into my Amber Heard voodoo doll, and her whole life and career fell apart. That's what she gets for going back in time and making us lose the 1981 NFC Championship, which we originally won.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Florence Pugh's Black Widow Will Reportedly Lead the MCU's Thunderbolts
By Noah Dominguez | CBR
September 2, 2022

Yelena-Thunderbolts-(1).jpg

Marvel Studios evidently has big plans for Florence Pugh's Yelena Belova/Black Widow, with the fan-favorite Russian spy reportedly set to lead the Marvel Cinematic Universe's Thunderbolts.

During a recent appearance on Matthew Belloni's The Town podcast, Justin Kroll of Deadline discussed Marvel Studios' Thunderbolts, describing the upcoming film as a Pugh-led spinoff. "[Florence Pugh] has got the Marvel superhero that's already got a spin-off," Kroll said. "Upcoming for her, actually, on that character is this Thunderbolts film, which is basically Marvel's Suicide Squad. Hopefully, it has better results. But the concept is it'd be her leading the team of like Wyatt Russell's [John Walker], Daniel Bruhl's [Zemo], those anti-heroes that aren't exactly good but aren't exactly bad. So there's that. And people seem to like the Yelena character."

Created by Kurt Busiek and Mark Bagley, the original incarnation of the Thunderbolts first appeared in 1996's Incredible Hulk #449. As Kroll mentioned, the team is essentially the Marvel equivalent of DC's Suicide Squad, consisting primarily of anti-heroes and reformed supervillains who work for the government. This past June, it was reported that Marvel Studios was developing a Thunderbolts film, with Jake Schreier attached to direct from a script by Eric Pearson. At San Diego Comic-Con in June, Marvel boss Kevin Feige confirmed that Thunderbolts would premiere in theaters on July 26, 2024 to close out Phase Five of the MCU.

Read more
Awesome, I love her! I wouldn't have thought I'd like someone in basically that same role more than I liked Scarlett, but she's brilliant for the part. Her dry wit, cocky attitude, and extremely pleasant visage had me within minutes of seeing her in Black Widow, and it just got better in Hawkeye.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
See Emilia Clarke As Amber Heard’s Aquaman Replacement After She’s Chosen By Fans
By James Brizuela | Giant Freakin Robot
September 3, 2022

emilia-clarke-solo-a-star-wars-story-900x509.jpg

Fans have long been clamoring for Amber Heard to be replaced in Aquaman 2. Even back before the conclusion of her trial against ex-husband Johnny Depp, Heard was part of a campaign that saw millions of signatures as part of a petition to have her removed from the film. Coincidentally, the film has been delayed yet again to December, leaving many to wonder if a new actress has been brought in as Mera. Fans have already chosen a replacement, as Emilia Clarke was placed in the costume via some fan art, and she looks quite good in it. You can see the image below:

Emilia Clarke rose to superstardom when she portrayed Daenerys Targaryen in Game of Thrones. Her character was beloved by all, right up until the last season of the hit TV series. That led to her being indoctrinated into many of the best franchises. Clarke appeared in Star Wars, as she was cast in Solo. She is also set to make her MCU debut, as she is going to be in Secret Invasion, though her role is still unknown at this time. If Clarke were to jump into a DC role, she would accomplish something that no other actress has. From the above picture, she has our vote.

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom was meant to release in March of 2023 but has since been pushed back to Christmas 2023. That is a huge jump, which has led many to believe that we could be seeing a new Mera cast. Amber Heard could be replaced by Emilia Clarke or some other actress between that time. Having more than a year for reshoots certainly is enough time to bring in someone new. Though none of those rumors have been substantiated yet, we would not be shocked if Heard was completely cut out of the film. DC has been having plenty of issues lately, especially because of the Warner Bros. Discovery merger, and recasting Mera would certainly go over well with fans.

Read more
Fans shouldn't be able to decide who gets to play what role, especially after the whole Reed Richards fiasco. :angry:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The DCEU Utterly Failed Christopher Nolan’s Man of Steel Plans
By Marcelo De Souza Silverio Leite | MSN/Screen Rant
September 2, 2022

AA11oFhI.img

<snip>

Considering that the plan was for Man of Steel to be the start of a Superman franchise, Man of Steel 2 would have been a much smaller story than Batman v Superman by default. That was confirmed by Man of Steel and Batman v Superman director Zack Snyder himself, who before Batman v Superman was released revealed that he wanted Metallo to be the Man of Steel sequel's villain. Concept art for Metallo had even been made, but those plans were scrapped once Warner Bros. asked for Batman to be in the film. Curiously, Zack Snyder did want to add Bruce Wayne in Man of Steel 2 – but only as a post-credits scene at the end of the film to nod at Batman existing in that universe. Previously, a Wayne Enterprises satellite could be spotted in Man of Steel.

<snip>

Read more

This is more an opinion piece than confirmed information but I believe it is a correct assumption. I know opinions vary on Snyder's work but I think this may have been another case where studio meddling de-valued their own finished product.

I am conflicted though. If true, Wonder Woman's introduction may have been delayed for years to come or not have ever happened at all. That would have been a crying shame in my opinion.

The bottom line is that Zack Snyder wasn’t the right man for the job.
:thumbdown:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The DC Fandome Will Close in 2022
By Dc News | DC News
September 3, 2022

a-73-768x402.jpg

No DC FanDome convention will be held in 2022, according to Warner Bros. Discovery. With the recent restructure of the DC Extended Universe, many projects, including Batgirl (directed by Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah), Supergirl, and Wonder Twins, had to be scrapped. In 2020, Warner Bros. created the DC FanDome to keep fans excited throughout the epidemic by screening previews for upcoming films like Matt Reeves’ The Batman and James Gunn’s Peacemaker. Both editions were deemed resounding successes. The event was a great substitute for the in-person events that had to be postponed because of the <censored>, and it gave the cast and crew of key DCEU movies an opportunity to share some of the behind-the-scenes information they had been keeping under wraps.

An official remark states that this is the main reason why the DC FanDome was demolished in the first place; fans no longer need a centralised location to express their enthusiasm for their favourite media. This is the official statement: Because “Warner Bros. Discovery is pleased to be able to connect with our fans live at multiple comic-cons across the world,” DC FanDome will not be scheduled for 2022. DC’s attendance at 2022’s San Diego Comic-Con was, to put it mildly, underwhelming, even though it would make sense to emphasise large events like the Comic-Cons over spending money on an exclusive showcase. New trailers for Black Adam and Shazam! became available.

Read more

I can’t help but to think that part of this is fear over the backlash of canceling the Batgirl film.

That and the fact that there’s more bad news than good news for DC right now.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Florence Pugh's Black Widow Will Reportedly Lead the MCU's Thunderbolts
By Noah Dominguez | CBR
September 2, 2022

Yelena-Thunderbolts-(1).jpg

Marvel Studios evidently has big plans for Florence Pugh's Yelena Belova/Black Widow, with the fan-favorite Russian spy reportedly set to lead the Marvel Cinematic Universe's Thunderbolts.

During a recent appearance on Matthew Belloni's The Town podcast, Justin Kroll of Deadline discussed Marvel Studios' Thunderbolts, describing the upcoming film as a Pugh-led spinoff. "[Florence Pugh] has got the Marvel superhero that's already got a spin-off," Kroll said. "Upcoming for her, actually, on that character is this Thunderbolts film, which is basically Marvel's Suicide Squad. Hopefully, it has better results. But the concept is it'd be her leading the team of like Wyatt Russell's [John Walker], Daniel Bruhl's [Zemo], those anti-heroes that aren't exactly good but aren't exactly bad. So there's that. And people seem to like the Yelena character."

Created by Kurt Busiek and Mark Bagley, the original incarnation of the Thunderbolts first appeared in 1996's Incredible Hulk #449. As Kroll mentioned, the team is essentially the Marvel equivalent of DC's Suicide Squad, consisting primarily of anti-heroes and reformed supervillains who work for the government. This past June, it was reported that Marvel Studios was developing a Thunderbolts film, with Jake Schreier attached to direct from a script by Eric Pearson. At San Diego Comic-Con in June, Marvel boss Kevin Feige confirmed that Thunderbolts would premiere in theaters on July 26, 2024 to close out Phase Five of the MCU.

Read more

I’ll be surprised if Zemo or Louis-Dreyfus isn’t leading the group.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’ll be surprised if Zemo or Louis-Dreyfus isn’t leading the group.
I think JLD will have a role similar to the woman (don't know her name) in Suicide Squad, in which they do what she says, or pay the consequences.

quickccc

Reaction score

I threw these Carol Danvers 1st appearances in chronological order to show how the character developed between 1967 and 2019. The comic cover segments are silent but the video clips have audio.

@DallasEast ...Great Stuff .. thanks for sharing ...

Don't forget the Brood saga that led to Danvers eventually becoming the Binary,...

ad80f756d30a98aab7bba97e3f786ecd.jpg

b3ef4b2f6ae194fd1c8e185b78e8a674.jpg

0991c871790a0aeedd7a9a813a0ad44c.jpg

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I will not be signing that petition. I love Brie Larson as Carol Danvers.
Same here. I don't understand why so many don't like her. She's as believable as anyone else would be in that role, and I find her very attractive as well.

Once this post gets approved, will someone please explain to me why it's "Awaiting moderator approval"?