Commanders acquire #2 pick *Merge*

Cowboysfan570

Reaction score
See and I thought the Bears got taken in the Cutler trade a number of years ago. Three round 1 picks and a 2nd for one pick?

Nicely done Dannyboy.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Avery;4445554 said:
If RG3 isn't a multiple Pro Bowler, this trade could be ugly. Man, that's a lot of picks to give up to a team that isn't simply one player away.

Overall, absolutely. It was completely desperate.

I was almost like as soon as Manning spurned them, this.

It absolutely has to be the earliest trade of a top draft pick in history.

Too bad, because this just makes the pressure on Griffin more intense. And he seems like a really likeable person.

SkinsFan82

Reaction score
I mean SkinsHookiesFan posted the egotastic link on the first page.

http://egotastic.com/2012/03/breaking-news-Commanders-trade-for-2-draft-pick-will-nab-rg3/

It was posted 8 1/2 hours ago and the part that concerns this read "...the Commanders have now won the bidding with a compensation package that is believed to include their #6 pick this season, their #1 pick in next year's draft, and perhaps some current players as well."

Then this thread pops up a good 5 hours later and he has sources that told him "They acquired the pick from the Rams for their first pick this year, first round pick next year and potentially some current players."

Anyways, who cares.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
remember the skins have 42 million to spend this offseason. Get ready to see Nicks, a WR, and a few other players get very overpaid.

RS12

Reaction score
Danny actually had to remove seats last year, so they had to do something major.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alexander;4445557 said:
So--who had it right first?

I need to know so I can blindly follow everything they say.
I'm not sure it matters, because the same issue came up in Hos thread. There's a plethora of info out there and it can be distributed to any number of ppl.

SkinsFan saw it one place, and the Kirby guy says he heard it from another. What matters to me is that the info was accurate after it was all said and done.

Nobody should ever follow anyone blindly. It's a discussion board. Take it all with a grain of salt.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Alexander;4445564 said:
Overall, absolutely. It was completely desperate.

I was almost like as soon as Manning spurned them, this.

It absolutely has to be the earliest trade of a top draft pick in history.

Too bad, because this just makes the pressure on Griffin more intense. And he seems like a really likeable person.

they are gonna have their work cut out for them to establish a core around him.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
If RG3 isn't the greatest QB ever, they just set their team back for years.

RS12

Reaction score
supercowboy8;4445567 said:
remember the skins have 42 million to spend this offseason. Get ready to see Nicks, a WR, and a few other players get very overpaid.

Said to love Vincent Jackson.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SkinsFan82;4445566 said:
I mean SkinsHookiesFan posted the egotastic link on the first page.

http://egotastic.com/2012/03/breaking-news-Commanders-trade-for-2-draft-pick-will-nab-rg3/

It was posted 8 1/2 hours ago and the part that concerns this read "...the Commanders have now won the bidding with a compensation package that is believed to include their #6 pick this season, their #1 pick in next year's draft, and perhaps some current players as well."

Then this thread pops up a good 5 hours later and he has sources that told him "They acquired the pick from the Rams for their first pick this year, first round pick next year and potentially some current players."

Anyways, who cares.

That doesn't mean he's fake. It just means his source has been revealed.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
SDogo;4445555 said:
Commanders got bent backwards and well..........you know the rest.

Could not be happier right now.

I'm not to happy about this, yes they gave up alot but they are 42 million under the cap. hey will now spend that money to get players around him. Get ready to see Nicks in a Commanders uni. Also a big time WR or two.

This is a crazy stupid deal for the Commanders. No player is worth this much.

newlander

Reaction score
silverbear;4445548 said:
You don't know that. Get real.

We have the cap room, and we apparently have the interest...

And make no mistake, I have noted what you said here, and the way you presented it as an indisputable fact... I'll have fun reminding you of this post if Mario does come to Dallas...

.....I've said for weeks the stupid lil' troll in DC would do whatever he had to do to get him and he just did. Second: I think silverbear, Hos and others on here are now closer to being right about Williams coming. I have said all along it won't happen but........hey, Jerrah got shown up last season by not getting Asomuoga(sp?) and now.....lil' Dan just scored RG3. We all know we need to improve at DE and that was BEFORE this deal was made today: there is mutual interest so we shall see.

BTW: what's most interesting is the Giants sit it out and watch the bufoonery year after year and..........just win. Yeah, it's a kick in the stones to admit, but it's true.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
davey999;4445550 said:
When is the last time we acquired a top FA?

When was the last time we were in position like we are now to?

We showed we are willing to go big last year but luckily Jerry used his brain and backed off of a 30yr old corner. Now we are in position to upgrade.

SkinsFan82

Reaction score
Risen Star;4445573 said:
That doesn't mean he's fake. It just means his source has been revealed.

Very true, could be coincidence it was worded almost the exact same way.

Either way, I'm not going to argue with the guy, if he has his sources, more power to him. I'm glad he was kinda right. :)

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
silverbear;4445548 said:
You don't know that. Get real.

We have the cap room, and we apparently have the interest...

And make no mistake, I have noted what you said here, and the way you presented it as an indisputable fact... I'll have fun reminding you of this post if Mario does come to Dallas...

But will you forget all about it if he doesn't?

Bowdown27

Reaction score
That is really nuts what they've given up. This kid better be the real deal or the Commanders are goin to be in the dumps for years

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
supercowboy8;4445577 said:
I'm not to happy about this, yes they gave up alot but they are 42 million under the cap. hey will now spend that money to get players around him. Get ready to see Nicks in a Commanders uni. Also a big time WR or two.

Only if you buy RG3 is the next big thing, I dont.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RastaRocket;4445579 said:
When was the last time we were in position like we are now to?

We showed we are willing to go big last year but luckily Jerry used his brain and backed off of a 30yr old corner. Now we are in position to upgrade.

Two things.

1) What position are we in now that we haven't been in other years?

2) If "backed off" means Asomugha choosing the Eagles, I agree.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Crazy how much they gave up. I hope for the Commanders sake he's the next mcnabb because other wise they are going to be very very bad