Commanders Fan on the T.O Signing.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
You could say that, or you could do some research and find out the Commanders make more money than any sports franchise in the nation, much less, the NFL. JJ can't outspend Snyder, stop being a homer.

Snyder cant outspend Jones either, there's this thing called the salary cap

And the main reasons Washington is worth so much is because 1: Their stadium is the largest in major pro sports and 2: Snyder paid so much for them to begin with.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
Cowchips said:
With TO and Glenn, I wouldnt be surprised to see Bledsoe pass for 5,000 yds. He did 4,300 with 2nd tier players like Moulds and Price.

You want to bet. I'm game to make some easy money on those comments. :)

Mansta54

Reaction score
Cowchips said:
The Commanders make more than the Cowboys, the Yankees and the Red Sox? Your post lost all credibility after coming up with that crap. Cowboys have a 50% larger fan base than the Deadskins, for starters. Which is why they are and will always be America's team, like it or not.

The Foreskins make more but WIN less. Boyz and Yanks have more RINGS..

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Snyder cant outspend Jones either, there's this thing called the salary cap

And the main reasons Washington is worth so much is because 1: Their stadium is the largest in major pro sports and 2: Snyder paid so much for them to begin with.

Then why even make the 'JJ can outspend Snyder' comments in the first place? :confused:

All things equal, if both teams had the same cap number and wanted the same player, Snyder would get him if he wanted him bad enough.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
Then even make the 'JJ can outspend Snyder' comments in the first place? :confused:

All things equal, if both teams had the same cap number and wanted the same player, Snyder would get him if he wanted him bad enough.

You're right, because Synder would vastly overpay for marginal talent, and JJ wouldnt even be after said player to begin with.

My point was JJ is smarter and knows where to spend his money. Deion >>>> better than anyone else Snyder weill ever sign

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
Cowchips said:
The Commanders make more than the Cowboys, the Yankees and the Red Sox? Your post lost all credibility after coming up with that crap. Cowboys have a 50% larger fan base than the Deadskins, for starters. Which is why they are and will always be America's team, like it or not.

:laugh2: :laugh1: :lmao2: Where do you get your information from? Please provide me a link that says any of those teams make more money than the Commanders. I'll be waiting.

After you finally give up your search, come back here and tell me more about my credibility. :rolleyes:

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
Mansta54 said:
Lil Danny needs to spend that money on some rings cause Lord knows he hasn't won JACK since he's bought the team.

at the moment he's got 'board. a sweep last year, and a playoff win. when was the last time the boys won a playoff game again?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
riggo said:
apparently, you are.

feel free to provide me with a link saying gibbs and snyder made an effort to get TO.

You made the claim that they didn't. I didn't make any claim. As the claimant, you're required to provide the evidence.

i wont hold my breathe.

Good advice to yourself because you'd probably die.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
My point was JJ is smarter and knows where to spend his money. Deion >>>> better than anyone else Snyder weill ever sign

all those smarts are getting the boys...where?

see my last post above.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
You're right, because Synder would vastly overpay for marginal talent, and JJ wouldnt even be after said player to begin with.

Who said we're talking about marginal talent? Let's say it's the best player in the league. It wouldn't matter whether the player was the best or marginal anyway, and you know it.

Futhermore, we don't know the numbers of this contract with Owens. So I really don't want to hear about who's smarter with their money or not. Especially when none of Snyder's spending has forced the Commanders to cut valuable starters or stopped them from signing anyone they wanted to pursue.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
Who said we're talking about marginal talent? Let's say it's the best player in the league. It wouldn't matter whether the player was the best or marginal anyway, and you know it.

Futhermore, we don't the numbers of this contract with Owens. So I really don't want to hear about who's smarter with their money or not. Especially when none of Snyder's spending has forced the Commanders to cut valuable starters or stopped them for signing anyone they wanted to pursue.

Okay, I'll bet you that JJ spent less on TO (Arguably the best WR in football) than Snyder spent on Randle El (Arguably not even a WR).

Mansta54

Reaction score
riggo said:
at the moment he's got 'board. a sweep last year, and a playoff win. when was the last time the boys won a playoff game again?

A sweep last year, ok, you hang onto that. It took yall 10yrs to sweep us, I'll take that. You can have those playoff wins last year too, I'll take our five rings over your 3 anyday. Dude we've beaten that *** 15 of the past 18 and you're bragging about a sweep which took 10yrs to get. We've been sweeping yall for a looooong time. Check our record at Fedex Field, we've won more there then yall have...

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
SultanOfSix said:
You made the claim that they didn't. I didn't make any claim. As the claimant, you're required to provide the evidence.

Just use common sense man. Owens wants to get paid and stay in the NFC East more than anything else. Since ever 'boys fans on this board loves to claim Snyder overspends for every player, if Snyder/Gibbs wanted Owens, why wouldn't they be able to get him? You can't have it both ways.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
Mansta54 said:
A sweep last year, ok, you hang onto that. It took yall 10yrs to sweep us, I'll take that. You can have those playoff wins last year too, I'll take our five rings over your 3 anyday. Dude we've beaten that *** 15 of the past 18 and you're bragging about a sweep which took 10yrs to get. We've been sweeping yall for a looooong time. Check our record at Fedex Field, we've won more there then yall have...

dont get so testy. you're the one who said 'snyder hadnt won jack since he bought the team'.

yet, since snyder has bought the team, dallas has no playoff wins. the skins do.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
riggo said:
here ya go.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/01/AR2006020102147.html

your turn. (or you could just admit you made a mistake.)

So you want to get into a logic fight, do you?

1) You said "Gibbs and Snyder" did not "want" TO.
2) Your article of evidence has a quote by Cerrato, a secondary source stating "Our head coach [Joe Gibbs] said it before, we think he's an outstanding player, but he just doesn't fit us."
3) Saying he "doesn't fit us" does not prove lack of want. I could want a Lamborghini, but say it "doesn't fit" my budget.
4) Nowhere in this article is there any evidence whatsoever concerning Snyder. Thus, you have failed to prove the second portion of your claim "and Synder."

Your rebuttal?

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
Just use common sense man. Owens wants to get paid and stay in the NFC East more than anything else. Since ever 'boys fans on this board loves to claim Snyder overspends for every player, if Snyder/Gibbs wanted Owens, why wouldn't they be able to get him? You can't have it both ways.

exactly.

whateve argument fits at the moment, i guess.

we hate TO/we love TO. which way is the wind blowing at the moment?

Mansta54

Reaction score
riggo said:
dont get so testy. you're the one who said 'snyder hadnt won jack since he bought the team'.

yet, since snyder has bought the team, dallas has no playoff wins. the skins do.

Not testy at all. "JACK" as in RINGS. Outside of his wedding band, he has NONE and he takes a reg. whoopin from the BOYZ. Yes, 15 of 18 is regular.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Okay, I'll bet you that JJ spent less on TO (Arguably the best WR in football) than Snyder spent on Randle El (Arguably not even a WR).

Hmm, I'll decline that. One thing Randle El has over TO is the ability to NOT rip teams apart. JJ would be crucified for signing Owens to any deal that doesn't allow them to cut ties with him as soon as he starts to become a pain in the ***.