Twitter: Competition Committee says Dez caught it **merged**

BlindFaith

Reaction score
No, one person was part of the overturn, one person headed the competition committee that adjusted the rule., and the other person supporting it was his mentor who did a 180 on it the minute he no longer had the job.
So back to conspiracy.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Where did you read anything like that my reply? Your questions weren't even about rules -- they were about case plays.

Enough time to lunge. That's how you completed the catch process in 2014, by maintaining control long enough (after two feet down) to perform any act common to the game. The lunge was that act that satisfied the time requirement. The act itself isn't a part of the process, but the time that passes before you perform the act is. The act itself is a separate process. That's why they say, "We felt it was all one process." They mean just the process of the catch, which isn't completed if there's no second act that follows it.

"Time things?"
It doesn't say enough time to lunge. It says time and then a separate act of lunging. What is time?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Good to know you don't believe in alternate facts.

So we'll just go with the NFL facts then.

Or how about the actual facts? You know, the rule, case plays, history, what happened on the play, etc?

You guys can go with alternate facts (clear you don't understand what was meant with that term btw) like parroting articles and delayed comments from people making PR statememts to CYA.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Where did you read anything like that my reply? Your questions weren't even about rules -- they were about case plays.

Enough time to lunge. That's how you completed the catch process in 2014, by maintaining control long enough (after two feet down) to perform any act common to the game. The lunge was that act that satisfied the time requirement. The act itself isn't a part of the process, but the time that passes before you perform the act is. The act itself is a separate process. That's why they say, "We felt it was all one process." They mean just the process of the catch, which isn't completed if there's no second act that follows it.

"Time things?"
Here is their basic argument.

The case play says lunge so only that works.
We point out that lunge is under act common to the game where 8.1.3.c lists acts and says any act.
They say it doesn't matter look at the case play.
We say where is a rule citation to support that.
They say look at the case play.

It is on a loop and no amount of facts or logic will stop it.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Cite that any act can be performed while a player is going to the ground.

Catch process says any act.

Case play shows an act can be performed while "falling" (going to the ground includes hitting the ground to be fulfilled).

Simple (or should be).

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Or how about the actual facts? You know, the rule, case plays, history, what happened on the play, etc?

You guys can go with alternate facts (clear you don't understand what was meant with that term btw) like parroting articles and delayed comments from people making PR statememts to CYA.
You mean all the things the officials and competition committees get paid to understand and enforce? And to actually write? And those same folks saying it wasn't a catch?

blindzebra

Reaction score
You mean all the things the officials and competition committees get paid to understand and enforce? And to actually write? And those same folks saying it wasn't a catch?
The competition committee that coaches and owners are on get paid and are rule experts, those guys?:thumbup:

Kevinicus

Reaction score

Still don't understand PR huh? Maybe someday.

Here, I'll help you get started:

pub·lic re·la·tions
ˈpəblik rəˈlāSHənz/
noun
plural noun: public relations
  1. the professional maintenance of a favorable public image by a company or other organization or a famous person.
    • the state of the relationship between the public and a company or other organization or a famous person.
      "companies justify the cost in term

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Here is their basic argument.

The case play says lunge so only that works.
We point out that lunge is under act common to the game where 8.1.3.c lists acts and says any act.
They say it doesn't matter look at the case play.
We say where is a rule citation to support that.
They say look at the case play.

It is on a loop and no amount of facts or logic will stop it.
No, that's not our basic argument. Lunge is only part of it. Interrupting the fall is the act. Lunging just gets them to the ground.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
8.1.3.c which supports A.R. 15.95, which corresponds with A.R. 8.12.

Your turn.
Spin, spin.

No case plays. That's the rules you gave me.

813c says nothing about a player going to the ground. But there is a rule on that that doesn't say anything about any act. It's just maintain possession.

What's your next spin?

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Still don't understand PR huh? Maybe someday.

Here, I'll help you get started:
It's just a BS cop out answer. And believe me, there is nothing you could help me out with. With the exception being, understanding a delusional personality.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
And we are the ones who don't understand the catch process.:facepalm:
Obviously. And you don't even know what argument you're debating against. To be successful at an argument you need to be able to argue the opposing side as well or better than they can.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Spin, spin.

No case plays. That's the rules you gave me.

813c says nothing about a player going to the ground. But there is a rule on that that doesn't say anything about any act. It's just maintain possession.

What's your next spin?
And yet we still have not gotten a rule citation from you.:huh:

What I gave you is how rule book and case book works together. I have a rule citation that applies to A.R.15.95, you don't. Remember A.R.15.95 is labeled act common to the game and that specifically links it to 8.1.3.c. You know 8.1.3.c that says any act.

The fact that the language that is used within A.R.15.95 is consistent with A.R.8.12, that means that 8.1.3.c also applies there.

That ain't spin, that is fact.