Conduct detrimental to the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

superonyx

Reaction score
22008223_10155711893042943_5058297043632443600_n.jpg
Dude cool pic and nice try but you don’t get to determine for anyone else what they are protesting or which way they choose to protest.
Protest DURING the national anthem isn’t protesting the national anthem. If someone takes offense to this then that for them to square. They have every right to get offended but this right doesn’t give them the right to determine someone else’s intent of their protest.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Its funny, i just sat through a 6 hour online co.pliance course on workplace harassment. My company now has a "no political discussions" policy. Any one turned in for discussing a minority group or religion, pro or con, can be terminated.

That extends to any complaint from a coworker on a social media account

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Its funny, i just sat through a 6 hour online co.pliance course on workplace harassment. My company now has a "no political discussions" policy. Any one turned in for discussing a minority group or religion, pro or con, can be terminated.

:facepalm: Sorry to hear that. It's like we don't live in America anymore.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

Reality is letting us have some fun for the week but it is easy to see why CZ has always banned political and religious posts and threads....... it never ends well

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score

Kind of torn on it. On one hand, current events and principles do feel infringed. But I have noticed that people tend to be a bit more personable and open when you refrain from politics or religion and just talk about the job at hand. I typically like more transparency, but until I own my own bank/business, I signed up for the rules the company puts in place

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Reality is letting us have some fun for the week but it is easy to see why CZ has always banned political and religious posts and threads....... it never ends well
People have to vent considering the things on the sports channels these days. I respect Reality allowing us this indulgence.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Since you admittedly don't know if that's what he meant, I'll let the man speak for himself.

The problem is, far too many people don't actually pay attention to what he says and more or less forget after a few days. How long did it take him to denounce the KKK/White Nationalist/Neo ***** after Charlottesville? Compare his initial comments he made the day someone was killed, to how he spoke about NFL players taking a knee during the national anthem. "I watched those very closely, much more closely than you people watched it, and you have -- you had a group on one side that was bad, and you had a group on the other side that was also very violent, and nobody wants to say that, but I'll say it right now. And, again: I think there's blame on both sides. And I have no doubt about it, and you don't have any doubt about it either. And, again: I only tell you this, there are two sides to a story. I thought what took place was a horrible moment for our country, a horrible moment. But there are two sides to (it)."

There is empathy, there, for the KKK, White Nationalist and Neo *****. Maybe you could argue that it would be political suicide if he denounced them harshly and he isn't racist himself, but imo, pandering to racist, is racist. Better men than him, who I disagree with ideology have quickly come out on the right side, when put in these situations.

Now take what he said then, and compare it to what he said about NFL players, "Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, 'Get that son of a b---- off the field right now. Out. He's fired. He's fired!"

No attempt what so ever to put himself in their shoes, like he did with the KKK/White Nationalist/Neo *****, no empathy. Whether you agree with what players are doing or not, they aren't doing it, just to troll everyone. They're doing it, because they perceive there to be racial injustice, and the President came much closer to siding with KKK/White Nationalist/Neo *****, then NFL players, who have been 100% peaceful in their protest. Not once have caps needed to be called, not once was a state of emergency called for and not once, was someone run over with a car, yet he has no problem calling for them to be fired, and blaming the violence in Charlottesville on both sides...

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Yowser! Shades of 1984 Thought Police.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Neilsen says NFL ratings are down 11% from last year.
Do any of you that ever mention that even know a neilsen rating household? I don't but maybe you do. People still watching the games they just might watch it online now don't be fooled them sports ads are just as packed as before

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The problem is, far too many people don't actually pay attention to what he says and more or less forget after a few days. How long did it take him to denounce the KKK/White Nationalist/Neo ***** after Charlottesville? Compare his initial comments he made the day someone was killed, to how he spoke about NFL players taking a knee during the national anthem. "I watched those very closely, much more closely than you people watched it, and you have -- you had a group on one side that was bad, and you had a group on the other side that was also very violent, and nobody wants to say that, but I'll say it right now. And, again: I think there's blame on both sides. And I have no doubt about it, and you don't have any doubt about it either. And, again: I only tell you this, there are two sides to a story. I thought what took place was a horrible moment for our country, a horrible moment. But there are two sides to (it)."

There is empathy, there, for the KKK, White Nationalist and Neo *****. Maybe you could argue that it would be political suicide if he denounced them harshly and he isn't racist himself, but imo, pandering to racist, is racist. Better men than him, who I disagree with ideology have quickly come out on the right side, when put in these situations.

Now take what he said then, and compare it to what he said about NFL players, "Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, 'Get that son of a b---- off the field right now. Out. He's fired. He's fired!"

No attempt what so ever to put himself in their shoes, like he did with the KKK/White Nationalist/Neo *****, no empathy. Whether you agree with what players are doing or not, they aren't doing it, just to troll everyone. They're doing it, because they perceive there to be racial injustice, and the President came much closer to siding with KKK/White Nationalist/Neo *****, then NFL players, who have been 100% peaceful in their protest. Not once have caps needed to be called, not once was a state of emergency called for and not once, was someone run over with a car, yet he has no problem calling for them to be fired, and blaming the violence in Charlottesville on both sides...
I agree with so much that you said there. Not everything, but much. Even the parts that I disagree with, I respect. The orange man does use provocative language, no doubt.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I agree with so much that you said there. Not everything, but much. Even the parts that I disagree with, I respect. The orange man does use provocative language, no doubt.

I hope before 2020, more people realize it's more than just provocative language.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I hope before 2020, more people realize it's more than just provocative language.
2020: It really depends on the candidate the Democrats come up with to run against him. Hillary was such a terrible candidate in 2016.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

And the thing about him blaming both sides is that David Duke and some White Supremacists have come out saying how it is good for their side that he blamed both sides. And they see it as a positive for their side.

Plus there is some on the right who are encouraging for drivers to run over protesters in the streets. Saying that if people stand in the streets than they deserve to get ran over. So even if the players did a protest away from the NFL and on their own time like some said that they should, then there would still be some who have a problem with them protesting.

Some may honestly want politics to be away from sports. But, many just have a problem with protests no matter when or where they are done. if the person doesn't agree with the reason for the protest. Memes made on the internet by some promoting for cars to run over people in the streets proves this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/15/us/politics/trump-charlottesville-white-nationalists.html?mcubz=0

AbeBeta

Reaction score

So you long for the days when you could say whatever you pleased regardless of who it offended. Back to a time when people of color appreciated what they had and didn't mouth off. Good old America.

Status
Not open for further replies.