Conduct detrimental to the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
https://static01.nyt.com/images/2017/09/26/sports/nfllive-Commanders/nfllive-Commanders-master768.jpg

Can someone please explain how this is not "Conduct detrimental to the league'?

I mean...we have a commissioner suspending a player (Elliott) for 6 games for something he didn't do. There was no charges. No conviction. League has filed multiple lawsuits/appeals to see this case through...yet dozens of players are crapping on the United States and the National anthem...and what it stands for. But we have a commissioner that will bad mouth the POTUS? And do nothing to protect the shield from this outlandish political stunt?

Now is this not conduct detrimental to the league? This has caused far more damage than Elliott could have even begin to imagine. Yet good ole Roger is gonna let this tidal wave of garbage go unscatted?

I won't be shocked if this goes on for much longer...that fans will take action....and just start boycotting games. Let's see if the players then get the message when they are playing in empty stadiums...or fans begin to walk out in droves in the middle of a game. It's gonna happen if the commish doesn't take action...some kind of action.:rolleyes:

Cmac

Reaction score
On the drama zone.....Since Freedom of Speech and the right to protest (peacefully) gets in question, I sure as heck hope we don't decide to censor TV and take away my daily ritual of viewing Andy Griffith reruns after work.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
https://static01.nyt.com/images/2017/09/26/sports/nfllive-Commanders/nfllive-Commanders-master768.jpg

Oh, the horror! Guys kneeling, some praying. :rolleyes:

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I wish the people that have been talking about boycotting since this whole issue started would grow some ballzz and do it already.

The only people I know personally that care about this are Fox News chicken heads and breitbart cucks.

Aka the LOUDEST GROUP OF SMALL MINDEDNESS there is.

And that’s saying a lot.

So go ahead and find your safe space and find a new hobby!

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
The NFL is filled with double standards.

The league made sure that the Cowboys players knew they would be fined if they wore decals to remember the 5 police officers that were killed.

They make sure to fine any player or coach who criticizes Goodell or the refs to the press.

They make sure to fine a player for over-celebrating a touchdown.

But when players take up for a person that strong armed a store owner and then attacked a cop...it's perfectly okay to make a stand for that.

YR

bkeavs

Reaction score
I have zero problem with anyone protesting the national anthem. I do have a problem with seeing the black power symbol during the game.

I watch the game to escape from politics

Philmonroe

Reaction score
The NFL is filled with double standards.

The league made sure that the Cowboys players knew they would be fined if they wore decals to remember the 5 police officers that were killed.

They make sure to fine any player or coach who criticizes Goodell or the refs to the press.

They make sure to fine a player for over-celebrating a touchdown.

But when players take up for a person that strong armed a store owner and then attacked a cop...it's perfectly okay to make a stand for that.

YR
You're really trying the okey doke that even if you're right about one instance that everybody is speaking on just that one instance? Also like it or not the nfl doesn't have a rule in place currently about the anthem but do for the decals and the speaking about refs.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
You're really trying the okey doke that even if you're right about one instance that everybody is speaking on just that one instance? Also like it or not the nfl doesn't have a rule in place currently about the anthem but do for the decals and the speaking about refs.

The NFL can lift the rule on the decals and speaking about the refs. There's nothing in place that says that the NFL cannot allow for decals, particularly if the players wish to have the decals.

YR

Philmonroe

Reaction score
The NFL can lift the rule on the decals and speaking about the refs. There's nothing in place that says that the NFL cannot allow for decals, particularly if the players wish to have the decals.

YR
I'm sure they can but I don't think you can compare something that there is an actual rule on to something where there isn't currently and act like they are the same. That's my point. You obviously can disagree but lets not act like at times the rule or lack of one works for us and sometimes it doesn't depending on what our views are on a particular topic.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I'm sure they can but I don't think you can compare something that there is an actual rule on to something where there isn't currently and act like they are the same. That's my point. You obviously can disagree but lets not act like at times the rule or lack of one works for us and sometimes it doesn't depending on what our views are on a particular topic.

I think the threatening to fine Dallas players over the decals lacks good, common judgment and decency. The NFL could have looked the other way or made an exception and instead chose the opposite.

As far as the protests, the league could have found that under conduct detrimental to the league because it's such a vague description. Just like they fined Randy Moss for the fake mooning of the Packers fans which was within the rules of celebration or Richie Incognito's suspension which was not within the rules.

The league chose not to do any of this because it has been rife with double standards in Goodell's reign as commissioner.

YR

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I mean...we have a commissioner suspending a player (Elliott) for 6 games for something he didn't do. There was no charges. No conviction. League has filed multiple lawsuits/appeals to see this case through...yet dozens of players are crapping on the United States and the National anthem...and what it stands for. But we have a commissioner that will bad mouth the POTUS? And do nothing to protect the shield from this outlandish political stunt?

Now is this not conduct detrimental to the league? This has caused far more damage than Elliott could have even begin to imagine. Yet good ole Roger is gonna let this tidal wave of garbage go unscatted?

I won't be shocked if this goes on for much longer...that fans will take action....and just start boycotting games. Let's see if the players then get the message when they are playing in empty stadiums...or fans begin to walk out in droves in the middle of a game. It's gonna happen if the commish doesn't take action...some kind of action.:rolleyes:
And where does OBJ's stunt (simulating a dog hiking its leg to pee) fit. As a fan, I find his touchdown celebration "detrimental to the league". My goodness, how offensive

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
22008223_10155711893042943_5058297043632443600_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.