Congestive heart failure...**Update Post #164**

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
davidyee;4613367 said:
...who cares about the money. You are at a point in the race where that doesn't even matter

I don't at the moment, not really... but if things go well, I soon will be...

That's like the course marshall following you around the course asking you to hurry up your game while you are standing at the tee box waiting for the group in front of you to get out of the way.

Yeah, scratch a course marshall and a **** bleeds... :D

I'm sure your loved ones would say get healthy first and forget the cost of the procedure.

I can't tell you how great my loved ones are being... which reminds me, I should call my cousin Lee and let him know what's going on... we haven't talked in too long, and he's my favorite cousin...

Just get healthy. On the Zone no one cares about your financial worth. We just care about you being online and posting now and in the future.

If these folks measured my worth by my bank account, this thread would be a lot shorter...

silverbear

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4613370 said:
Oh, I know you are going to kick this thing in the balls.

Just as soon as I find its balls... what if CHF is female?? You reckon the Silver Bear could prevail with his silver tongue?? :D

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
silverbear;4613268 said:
I've got no choice, man... I'll try very hard to do as you suggest...

I'm a girl. :) But regardless the sentiment is the same. Get well! :)

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
I'm not worried about you a bit...

As they say, Heaven doesn't want you and Hell's afraid you'll take over.

Prayers are with you my old friend.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
silverbear;4613373 said:
Just as soon as I find its balls... what if CHF is female?? You reckon the Silver Bear could prevail with his silver tongue?? :D

BoysFan4ever;4613374 said:

I can see how you can be easily confused.

:lmao2:

silverbear

Reaction score
BoysFan4ever;4613374 said:

I did not know that... mine was the generic, Cheech and Chong "man"... LOL...

And again, thanks for the good wishes...

silverbear

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;4613376 said:
I'm not worried about you a bit...

As they say, Heaven doesn't want you and Hell's afraid you'll take over.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA... there it is, in a nutshell... sure am glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that...

Prayers are with you my old friend.

My deepest thanks for that, buddy...

silverbear

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4613378 said:
I can see how you can be easily confused.

:lmao2:

Grrrrrrr... I may be a wounded Bear, but those are the most dangerous kind...

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
59 is too young to be talking about shuffling off, so tighten up your laces and keep running. Good luck SB, I'll be praying for you. :)

Warick

Reaction score
Sorry to hear/read the news Bear, but the good thing is, you caught it early, and can get this treated.

A little story here. About a month ago, I was at the race track with some friends, when one friend started to feel sick, and another buddy who lived near him took him home. They made it to Ennis hospital, 10 minutes away. After performing an EKG, they spotted trouble, and it was bad enough they decided to care flight him to Presby hospital in Dallas. It turns out he had close to 100% blockage to his heart, and would have died had he waited much longer to go to the ER. They caught it in time, and there was no damage to the heart itself. The doctors put a stent in, and he was out of the hospital two days later. The scary thing is, he was never diagnosed before that with high blood pressure, or anything.

Now, he says he feels better than he has in years, and just informed me that he proposed to his GF, and they are getting married in October.

So hang in there man, I think you're going to be alright, and look forward to seeing you post (especially taking care of the trolls), for a long time to come.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
silverbear;4613365 said:
That's pretty much how my doctor put it-- for a healthy guy, 92 or 93 is not good, but if you have CHF, those numbers aren't bad at all... I hope Kilyin's mom is doing better these days...

Sadly, we lost her a few years ago, but it was a combination of issues, not strictly CHF.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
silverbear;4613383 said:
I did not know that... mine was the generic, Cheech and Chong "man"... LOL...

And again, thanks for the good wishes...

:)...

notherbob

Reaction score
Warick;4613394 said:
Sorry to hear/read the news Bear, but the good thing is, you caught it early, and can get this treated.

A little story here. About a month ago, I was at the race track with some friends, when one friend started to feel sick, and another buddy who lived near him took him home. They made it to Ennis hospital, 10 minutes away. After performing an EKG, they spotted trouble, and it was bad enough they decided to care flight him to Presby hospital in Dallas. It turns out he had close to 100% blockage to his heart, and would have died had he waited much longer to go to the ER. They caught it in time, and there was no damage to the heart itself. The doctors put a stent in, and he was out of the hospital two days later. The scary thing is, he was never diagnosed before that with high blood pressure, or anything.

Now, he says he feels better than he has in years, and just informed me that he proposed to his GF, and they are getting married in October.

So hang in there man, I think you're going to be alright, and look forward to seeing you post (especially taking care of the trolls), for a long time to come.

That's exactly what happened to me 14 years ago, I had a 98% blockage of the coronary artery and a balloon angioplasty and a stent later and I am fine but I did have to change my lifestyle.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SB, this blows. No doubt about it. But it looks like the survival rates for this thing have swung pretty dramatically in your favor the last several years, and they're trending up. Answering the bell here probably means your quality of life is going to go through the roof because it's going to force you to do things that are going to help you in the long run.

The balls in your court, though we already know how it'll turn out. Now you just need to do the hard work of getting healthy. Our trolls aren't going to mock themselves.

silverbear

Reaction score
vta;4613386 said:
59 is too young to be talking about shuffling off, so tighten up your laces and keep running. Good luck SB, I'll be praying for you. :)

Yeah, 59 is too young, but at the same time, I lost my Dad when he was 51, and my younger brother Ron when he was just 41... so it doesn't look like I have heredity on my side (though I did have some aunts and uncles who lived into their 80s)...

I'll fight this for all I'm worth, you can count on that... so here's hoping I'm not as worthless as some folks around here think I am... :D

And once again, all prayers are gratefully accepted... I need all the juice I can get with the man upstairs...

Really, each and every one of you who has responded to this thread have given me great comfort today, and I needed it...

silverbear

Reaction score
Warick;4613394 said:

This might be the strangest blessing in disguise I've ever gotten...

Wow, how old a man was he?? He has one advantage on me, I've been on blood pressure medication since I was 28...

They say when you face death, up close and personal, you come out of it wanting to live a little... it sounds like that's what happened to your buddy...

Hang in there, I will... give up, I will not... that's simply not an option...

silverbear

Reaction score
Faerluna;4613396 said:
Sadly, we lost her a few years ago, but it was a combination of issues, not strictly CHF.

I'm truly sorry to hear that, I lost my Mom too early too...

silverbear

Reaction score
notherbob;4613415 said:
That's exactly what happened to me 14 years ago, I had a 98% blockage of the coronary artery and a balloon angioplasty and a stent later and I am fine but I did have to change my lifestyle.

It'll be interesting to see what lifestyle changes I'm gonna have to make... I mean, I already cut out a lot of stuff when I was diagnosed with diabetes... I see me on saltines and bottled water if this keeps up... :(