Congestive heart failure...**Update Post #164**

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Idgit;4613416 said:
SB, this blows. No doubt about it. But it looks like the survival rates for this thing have swung pretty dramatically in your favor the last several years, and they're trending up. Answering the bell here probably means your quality of life is going to go through the roof because it's going to force you to do things that are going to help you in the long run.

The balls in your court, though we already know how it'll turn out. Now you just need to do the hard work of getting healthy. Our trolls aren't going to mock themselves.

The thing is, I already work out, I do a lot of walking, and I mean a lot of walking... not just Sunday strolls in the park, I keep trying to put in 3.5 miles in under an hour... on a good day, I can complete the walk in 62 minutes, on a day when my legs are fatigued it might take me 65...

I've got the legs of a 20 year old, and I think he wants them back...

I appreciate you talking with me, Idgit... this goes easier if you don't feel alone, and the nature of my life is that I was indeed feeling isolated when this came down... that's why I think I started this thread, and man, has it helped... now, I feel like I've got a whole army of friends and family behind me...

Warick

Reaction score
SilverBear, he will be 41 in October. He is making some life changes, the big ones including a change to his diet, and to stop smoking. So far he says he's lost about 5 pounds from adjusting his diet, and working out again.

silverbear

Reaction score
Warick;4613464 said:
SilverBear, he will be 41 in October. He is making some life changes, the big ones including a change to his diet, and to stop smoking. So far he says he's lost about 5 pounds from adjusting his diet, and working out again.

That's awfully young for such problems... give him my best, tell him he's my new role model... :D

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
sorry to hear the news silverbear..

hope you get better asap.

i'm quite sure you will.

silverbear

Reaction score
lane;4613475 said:
sorry to hear the news silverbear..

hope you get better asap.

i'm quite sure you will.

I'll try the best I can, Lane... thanks...

gbrittain

Reaction score
Well you might not be looking for sympathy but you have mine. Your a good dude, and I pray for the best for you. Now go kick some butt and be good and ready to celebrate some Cowboy wins this year!

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Hang in there Siverbear.

Your situation reminds me much of my dads. He went sleepless for 5 days before he decided to go to the hospital. I think he was in worse condition than yours because they had to do open heart surgery. He was 63 then, and its been three years since the heart surgery. When he came out of surgery, we asked him, how he was doing, and till this day he continues to say the same thing, " I feel good, I've got the heart of a 20 year old" LOL.

So here is to you and feeling like a 20 year old. :p: :toast:

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;4613493 said:
Hang in there Siverbear.

Your situation reminds me much of my dads. He went sleepless for 5 days before he decided to go to the hospital. I think he was in worse condition than yours because they had to do open heart surgery. He was 63 then, and its been three years since the heart surgery. When he came out of surgery, we asked him, how he was doing, and till this day he continues to say the same thing, " I feel good, I've got the heart of a 20 year old" LOL.

That's a cute story Dolly. I'm sorry your father had to suffer though!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
silverbear;4613273 said:
ROTFLMAO... now, they'll just say "yeah, he has a heart, but it's obviously defective"...

I want all of you to know I'm feeling more optimistic, even stronger, after reading this thread... I can't tell you how grateful I am...
Good. I meant ursine instead of orsine. I am sure you knew that.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Bear my man I am so sorry to hear about this. I've known you for a long time now and you are a fighter and a good man. My prayers will be with you and I look forward to our continued conversations as the season comes up on us. I have no doubt that you will get thru this. Much lover brother bear

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
God speed, Silver. Wishing you the best! Hope to see you back to your 13 simultaneous thread responses in no time.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Well get it taken care of --kick in the butt and get back in here.:)

Be in our prayers

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If you leave us, I want your gall bladder. I can sell that on the black market.

Bear gall bladders can make me some good money!

Well, not from a SilverBear...those are just nasty! So, stay alive, fool!

:star:

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Sorry to hear the news...Good Luck.

Hope it wasn't the Old Political Forum that gave it to you.

:)

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
I wish nothing but the best for you Bear. I'll include you in my talk with God tonight.

DFWJC

Reaction score
So very sorry to hear about your health SB.

Hope you don't mind if I keep you in mind in a prayer or two.

silverbear

Reaction score
gbrittain;4613490 said:
Well you might not be looking for sympathy but you have mine. Your a good dude, and I pray for the best for you. Now go kick some butt and be good and ready to celebrate some Cowboy wins this year!

No, I don't want people feeling sorry for me, I'm responsible for my own predicament these days... but I surely was hoping for an expression of friendship, some moral support, and you guys have not disappointed...

I'm glad that you consider me a "good dude"... :D

silverbear

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;4613493 said:
Hang in there Siverbear.

Great story, Dolly, I think I'd like your Dad... if he's close by, you give him a hug for me, and if he's some distance away, give him a call and tell him you love him...

Do it for the Bear, OK?? It may work out that I'll need bypass surgery too, though at this point that's far from certain... I'm told that some blockages can be cleared with meds... but if I do require bypass surgery, I'll think about your Dad...

Got me another new role model...