Congrats to Hitchens and Wilson

cowboyed

Reaction score
Go to a team with a real QB, funny things happen.

Ok, but how many Mahomes are there in the league? I see only two highly exceptional quarterbacks in the NFL. Mahomes and Lamar Jackson. And as great as Mahomes is he didn't replace their entire offense. The Chiefs offensive line held its own against the No. 1 pass rushing 9rs. Frankly, our offensive line would have struggled. McCarthy must be an idiot then joining the Cowboys as head coach and saddling himself with Dak if he is not a "real" quarterback. Dak is a very good quarterback, but Mahomes and Jackson are super talented and play at a higher level than anyone else right now.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok, but how many Mahomes are there in the league? I see only two highly exceptional quarterbacks in the NFL. Mahomes and Lamar Jackson. And as great as Mahomes is he didn't replace their entire offense. The Chiefs offensive line held its own against the No. 1 pass rushing 9rs. Frankly, our offensive line would have struggled. McCarthy must be an idiot then joining the Cowboys as head coach and saddling himself with Dak if he is not a "real" quarterback. Dak is a very good quarterback, but Mahomes and Jackson are super talented and play at a higher level than anyone else right now.

Lamar had his MVP regular season. But TN just laid a blueprint for stopping him, and I'll be shocked if he's anywhere near as effective next year against defenses that have had an offseason to study what he did this year. Right now, Mahomes is head and shoulders above everyone else playing QB.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Ima say Congratulations to Jeff Wilson as well, 49ers RB and hometown dude, who made it to the Super Bowl (even if they lost). Coming from a small town/2AA East Texas school its still a remarkable accomplishment. Today was Jeff Wilson day here and we're proud to say he's from Elkhart, Texas!.

Go Mean Green!!

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
oh hell no....we gotta keep that Lee dude around. (sarcasm) :rolleyes:

Agree....we should have tried to hang on to Wilson....

Was that the difference between us missing the playoffs vs a deep playoff run? If not, then we made the right decision letting him go. He was a good draft pick when considering the round, but it was time to move on from both.

And congratulations to both as well

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Smart dudes for seeing this freak show here in Dallas...and getting the hell out. Now they got a Super bowl ring for their troubles. :rolleyes:

Funny how the narrative of players leave Dallas to die will continue.....:popcorn:

So true. Instead Dallas has the Wolfhunter and Mr. Clear Eye. Clown Car!!!

Your Dallas Cowboys...

200.webp

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Do you even bother to read what you write?

That makes absolutely no sense at all, so the fact he played well here means that the Cowboys should just let him go and not bother even making him an offer?
He's saying we couldn't afford to keep him.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
I thought that Dallas hit a home-run when they drafted both Hitch and Wilson. They had combined 8 tackles and 1 QB hit which is around 13% of the team's defensive tackles. Not too bad. I love Hitchens story out of college and how he acclimated to the NFL. I wanted both players signed but I understand that the LBer room would have been swollen with salary which would have been hard to swallow since the Boys stay in a nickel most of the game. The Boys need to draft in another stud at LBer.

I am happy for both of them. Congrats to Hitch and congrats to Wilson.

Just goes to show, all hope is not lost. There is still a path to the SB if the Cowboys draft you.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Smart dudes for seeing this freak show here in Dallas...and getting the hell out. Now they got a Super bowl ring for their troubles. :rolleyes:

Funny how the narrative of players leave Dallas to die will continue.....:popcorn:
This is a false comment designed to fabricate a false narrative. It was the Cowboys that chose not to re-sign these players. A team can't pay everyone.

quickccc

Reaction score
Congrads to all of the ex-Cowboys that now have SB rings from KC Chiefs SB run.

But I still have no regrets or qualms about NOT re-signing any of them to big money long term contracts.
They are not difference makers. None of them are pro bowlers.
Just decent - serviceable types not warranted that kind of contracts, imo.