Congrats to Hitchens and Wilson

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Wilson and Hitchens

Jaylon and LVE

Which duo do you prefer?
The reality is, it’s the TEAM starting with the front office, Coaching staff and players that make the difference!
We’re deficient in all areas especially at the very top.

Sydla

Reaction score
And who are the wrong ones? You guys saying this haven’t even watched Hitchens play this year. He’s closer to a JAG then he is a superstar.

Yeah, I am not sure people have actually paid attention to Hitchens and how he has played. He's been mediocre in KC.

If anyone here is a PFF fan, note that Hitchens got a woeful 49 player grade in 2019.

People can hate on Smith all they want as, yes, he was not that good in 2019 but he was still better than Hitchens.

Proof

Reaction score
I don't care if he is west Texas. The entire thing was congrats to former Dallas Cowboys players. 49ers lost, so therefore they weren't mentioned. If you want to act like a punk with the stupid remark that you bet he has more superbowls than me, I prefer you just not respond to anything I write again or you can just go on the ignore list.

he just piggybacked off the idea to also shine some light on an texan from his hometown. relax dude, jeez.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah, I am not sure people have actually paid attention to Hitchens and how he has played. He's been mediocre in KC.

If anyone here is a PFF fan, note that Hitchens got a woeful 49 player grade in 2019.

People can hate on Smith all they want as, yes, he was not that good in 2019 but he was still better than Hitchens.
Exactly. Hitchens is going to be a cap casualty whenever it makes sense for them to cut him.

Sydla

Reaction score
Also for those lamenting Hitchens being gone, he's worse than Smith and when you look at the next three years of their contracts:

Hitchens Cap Hits

2020 - 12.7MM
2021 - 10.7MM
2022 - 12.7MM

Smith Cap Hits

2020 - 7.8MM
2021 - 9.8MM
2022 - 11.8MM

KC can cut Hitchens in 2022 and take a 4.2MM dead money hit, Cowboys can cut Smith in 2022 and take a $6.8MM dead money hit.

So Smith, even in regressing in 2019, is a better LB than Hitchens and his contract is more favorable. But Hitchens isn't trying to sell sunglasses on the side and doesn't have a god awful bowling celebration, so clearly he was the better choice for the Cowboys.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Also for those lamenting Hitchens being gone, he's worse than Smith and when you look at the next three years of their contracts:

Hitchens Cap Hits

2020 - 12.7MM
2021 - 10.7MM
2022 - 12.7MM

Smith Cap Hits

2020 - 7.8MM
2021 - 9.8MM
2022 - 11.8MM

KC can cut Hitchens in 2022 and take a 4.2MM dead money hit, Cowboys can cut Smith in 2022 and take a $6.8MM dead money hit.
I get why Chiefs did it but everyone even Cowboy fans knew he wasn’t worth that deal. That last year with the Cowboys was gonna be his best year. People are rueing because the announcers said his name and he’s a ex-Cowboy.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I thought that Dallas hit a home-run when they drafted both Hitch and Wilson. They had combined 8 tackles and 1 QB hit which is around 13% of the team's defensive tackles. Not too bad. I love Hitchens story out of college and how he acclimated to the NFL. I wanted both players signed but I understand that the LBer room would have been swollen with salary which would have been hard to swallow since the Boys stay in a nickel most of the game. The Boys need to draft in another stud at LBer.

I am happy for both of them. Congrats to Hitch and congrats to Wilson.
Matt Moore, Mo Claiborne and Chavarious Ward also ex Cowboy Chiefs with Super Bowl rings. The Chiefs also know how to use a FB (see the 38 yard game sealing TD).

When you have 5 ex Cowboy players on another team that goes to the Super Bowl with their new team, the problem in Dallas is not the players. The problem is with the decision maker for the players.

risco

Reaction score
I thought that Dallas hit a home-run when they drafted both Hitch and Wilson. They had combined 8 tackles and 1 QB hit which is around 13% of the team's defensive tackles. Not too bad. I love Hitchens story out of college and how he acclimated to the NFL. I wanted both players signed but I understand that the LBer room would have been swollen with salary which would have been hard to swallow since the Boys stay in a nickel most of the game. The Boys need to draft in another stud at LBer.

Got away from the Cowboys and made it to the Super Bowl, smh...

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I noticed their special teams more than I noticed them.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
he just piggybacked off the idea to also shine some light on an texan from his hometown. relax dude, jeez.
It was how he said it so no I won't relax. Talk with respect and I will show it back.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

How many Cowboys 4th round picks were better than Hitchens? Not many...

Dak.

Barber short career.

Canty similar career to Hitchens.

Hitchens >> Brady James

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m a huge hitchens fan and really hated to see him go, but at that price I’d have packed his bags for him.
No doubt. It was huge money for a "good" player that was not an elite player.

Proof

Reaction score
No doubt. It was huge money for a "good" player that was not an elite player.

exactly. You want to reward homegrown talent, but there has to be some tough decisions made and kc made it easy. Weird narrative about “guys like him going on to win” tho, as he just rode the coattails of an incredible qb and offense. You could arguably plug any lb in the league into his spot and the results would likely be the same. That said, I am happy for him.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Congrats to them, im not going to bash the old Cowboys, its behind us now.

dfense

Reaction score
Hitch been there a while. Wilson played well for us. Should have tried to keep him.
So seeing these guys got me to thinking, Was 2016ish Lee, Hitchins and Wilson a better overall performing trio than 2019 Lee, Jaylon and LVE? I mean I'm convinced Hitchins in the middle was over Jaylon. And Lee was All-Pro in 2016.