Conspiracy theory: Zeke doesn't like the contract Prescott will be getting

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
The homer’s will

lol you are mad because Dak sucks and Zeke knows it :muttley:
Dak will play week 1, Zeke will not...... Seems like the Dak haters and Zeke lovers are the ones mad. Dak supporters aren't mad and have nothing to fear because Dak is ready to go and prepared for week 1.

Big_D

Reaction score
You think that’s Dak’s fault at all?

If Zeke is mad about it, he should be mad at the NFL, the owners and union who created the artificial salary cap, etc. The QB has zero blame in it.

I'm not saying it's Dak's fault, I'm saying there can be some animosity from Zeke considering the production and numbers being thrown around. Doesn't make it right, but it is possible.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
sure. But he’s also arguably the best at his position and most important player on the team. So whether it’s news or not, the specifics are obviously an issue
Zeke isn't the most important player on the team, that's Dak.

If Zeke is out we can still run the ball, if Dak is out this team is picking top 5 in the draft. Dak is clearly the most important player on this team and it's not even close.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
The QB market is just stupid right now.

A lot of guys getting more then they are worth but for some reason these teams felt the need to compete against themselves and throw a parade when they make their guy the highest paid.

Dallas should buck the trend because Dak is not nearly a top 5 QB and he's about to get paid like one. I don't care what inflation says he'll be paid in a few years. That money should be going to actual legit players and not a guy that is talent dependent.

Dak has never even thrown for 30 TD's.

Fully agree. It's time some GM put the foot down hard and said, "You get what you're worth, not how much you think you're worth."

Jerry won't be that guy though unfortunately.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I'm starting to get of the mind to let Zeke hold out and see what we have in Dak. We'll know one way or the other. With all these distractions I doubt we'll end up in the SB anyway. Then again Garrett might have an excuse to stay but Jerry always makes one up for him.

Big_D

Reaction score
I'm starting to get of the mind to let Zeke hold out and see what we have in Dak. We'll know one way or the other. With all these distractions I doubt we'll end up in the SB anyway. Then again Garrett might have an excuse to stay but Jerry always makes one up for him.

If Zeke is a long term holdout, it's a perfect opportunity to lower Daks asking price.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
Bros, check this out. A tweet from OJ talking about the Cowboys and in it he wonders how the most important player on the team, Zeke, can look over at his QB and deal with the fact he's making twice as much as him.

Now just the ramblings of a murd..former player sure.....but....

This was retweeted by Papa Zeke. Zeke's daddy.

Maybe this is part of the thought process in Camp Elliott. Even they know that QB can't play. Why else would you retweet this thought process unless you agree with it? And if daddy agrees you can bet his son does too.

Prescott strikes again. Man, I hate that guy.

Doesnt stop there...Lawrence, Prescott, Cooper all getting ready to make more them him. Sorry, shouldve played another position.. I know where his head is, hes worried there be no money left for him (after theyve paid the others) if he waits his contract out....but this has been bad form on his end from the get-go.

khiladi

Reaction score
The QB market is just stupid right now.

A lot of guys getting more then they are worth but for some reason these teams felt the need to compete against themselves and throw a parade when they make their guy the highest paid.

Dallas should buck the trend because Dak is not nearly a top 5 QB and he's about to get paid like one. I don't care what inflation says he'll be paid in a few years. That money should be going to actual legit players and not a guy that is talent dependent.

Dak has never even thrown for 30 TD's.

It’s ridiculous. With the way rules are and the lack of QB skill, teams are running college offenses now.

khiladi

Reaction score
Zeke is talented but he is far from our most important player. The Cowboys have won the last 4 games that Zeke didn’t play.

Against scrub teams and way inferior rosters, with nothing to play for and Dak struggled like the mediocre QB he is. Even when he won, he tossed for 100 yards on one of those games. The guy basically his bus managed games against trash rosters and the team struggled to win.

He got blown out in the three games prior when he played average to good teams and couldn’t break 130 yards and the offense committed a record 8 TOs. The three game streak when they went into Zeke’s suspension, Linehan basically took away the reigns from the QB who threw like FOUR pick sixes and went Zeke heavy with an average of almost 24 rushing attempts a game otherwise they would have been out of playoff contention by the time they hit game 6.

Last edited:

cowboyec

Reaction score
he sure has alot of free time for someone who said he would find the real perps.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I really hope this dude ain't in Zeke's "inner-circle".....of all the fmr RBs to seek advice from....

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Don't play the same position and the RB position is being slowly eradicated in the NFL.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I'm not saying it's Dak's fault, I'm saying there can be some animosity from Zeke considering the production and numbers being thrown around. Doesn't make it right, but it is possible.

True.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
So basically to spell it out, Zeke would have no problem signing a reasonable deal but not if it means he's making half of what the stiff gets.

There's principalities in this, Smokey.

I don’t think you abandon your team in TC if you’re open to a ‘reasonable deal’

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There are times this place takes on the characteristics of a women's beauty parlor and people just gossip away about folks they don't even know.

Has it occurred to some of you people that you have no clue what Zeke or Dak are thinking, yet you continue to comment as if you were best buds with them?

Proof

Reaction score
Zeke isn't the most important player on the team, that's Dak.

If Zeke is out we can still run the ball, if Dak is out this team is picking top 5 in the draft. Dak is clearly the most important player on this team and it's not even close.

Ehh. You’re not wrong because qb is the hardest to replace, so yes we’d likely do worse without Dak, but we won’t go nearly as far without Zeke, if that makes sense.