Cooley's opinion: RG3 is going to Dallas

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I always say, what fans want and what the Cowboys will do on draft day usually will not happen!

It will be chaos!

You know I was thinking that... how often have the Cowboys done what many on the board felt was the best move? I can think of it happening twice... Ware and Tyron. The rest are or were much more interesting. :D

MikeT22

Reaction score
Awesome. 2-3 years of a declining Romo and then a year or two of RGIII. It may be after 2020 before we try drafting a franchise QB.

Wake me up when Jerry's gone.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
You know I was thinking that... how often have the Cowboys done what many on the board felt was the best move? I can think of it happening twice... Ware and Tyron. The rest are or were much more interesting. :D

Bobby Carpenter.

MikeT22

Reaction score
GM Jerry needs to sit down and watch the rest of the games RGIII played to form an oppinion. To say that he can do it based on a game played 3 years ago is as asinine as to say sombody like Josh McCown can play based on his 2013 stats.

He's more interested in selling jerseys than winning games.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Repulsive.

A special treat...
14c53130764677.Y3JvcCwyNzQzLDIxNDYsNzE5LDg4.jpg
or...NOT!!

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Well line up that 2nd team to root for... because I would not be surprised if Griffin was indeed signed.

In reality, most Cowboys fans already have a second team.....the fans want a cheer for a winner....not a drama queen thats responsible for losing a 20years straight. Maybe RGme fits with Jerry Jones and Jason Garretts plan.....a losing combination, the perfect losing trifecta..

the new triplets....Jones, Garrett and RGme..... See ya Tony Romo..move on over.....its RGme teams now.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Awesome. 2-3 years of a declining Romo and then a year or two of RGIII. It may be after 2020 before we try drafting a franchise QB.

Wake me up when Jerry's gone.

Griffin had a 102 QB rating in 2012 with a 65.6 completion percentage and 20 TD passes to 5 interceptions. I'm not sure we have a coaching staff who can rediscover that player, but there's some talent there for Dallas to try to find as Romo's career winds down.

I don't see any reason to be upset with Dallas attempting to get this player to be what he showed he could be. Adding a QB like Hogan or Driskell later in the draft would give them two QBs to try to develop into future starters.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
They goofed up with their coaching hire.

RG3 needed someone like Gary Kubiak to coach him.

Snyder wanted Gruden and he lost RG3 because of that. He can't dink and dunk. He's not a west coast Rich Gannon type of QB.

He's a downfield thrower.

RG3 is all about the big play and if Romo is out I think a QB like him would be perfect to try and run the ball with and establish a deep pass play action game.

With our OL and the right playcalls I think he would be fantastic here strictly as a backup.

Dallas is the lowest play action team in the NFL for 2015. So thats kind a problem.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Griffin had a 102 QB rating in 2012 with a 65.6 completion percentage and 20 TD passes to 5 interceptions. I'm not sure we have a coaching staff who can rediscover that player, but there's some talent there for Dallas to try to find as Romo's career winds down.

I don't see any reason to be upset with Dallas attempting to get this player to be what he showed he could be. Adding a QB like Hogan or Driskell later in the draft would give them two QBs to try to develop into future starters.

Yeah, I don't know where folks are getting that Griffin is like the worst possible option.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I think it's Griffin.

The interesting question will be, will the Cowboys still take a QB at #4 IF they had Griffin on board?

There are very good points for and against.

Not a chance and why this news saddens me tbh...hoped JJ turned a new page.

MikeT22

Reaction score

I don't see any reason to be upset with Dallas attempting to get this player to be what he showed he could be.

There is reason if signing RGIII keeps us from drafting a quality QB. We need someone ready in a year or two. If we fail to draft a high end QB now and RGIII continues to be post-2012 RGIII then we would've set ourselves back a few years and be back at square one.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
Our offensive structure is the absolute worst fit for Griffin.

But that probably won't stop us from pretending it is not.

He'll look good throwing 3 yards to Lance Dunbar. Defenses will shutter.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Brother. So many extremes here.

Who's saying that bringing in RG3 means we won't draft a QB?

Is that that a certainty?

Right now our only option at backup is Kellen Moore. Why not kick the tires on Griffin? Sign him, then look to draft one. There's no reason to force our hand in the draft. If a player like Goff or Wentz is there, and we like them, then take one. As a rookie, they can hold a clipboard and learn.

If both are gone, then we take the BPA and let a developmental QB come to us later. No need to force the draft.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know where folks are getting that Griffin is like the worst possible option.

It's the worst option if it keeps us from drafting a high end QB. I don't think RGIII will come here unless he's told he'd have a chance to eventually be the starter. And in that case we won't draft a QB in the first and odds are RGIII won't return to 2012 form AND we won't have a young potential franchise QB here either.