Cooper Rush Failed

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
Near zero probability of winning with 3 INTs vs a good team.

The defense held the Eagles to the 2nd lowest total yards and lowest passing yards of any opponent this season.

The Eagles offense had a short field multiple times. The 85 Bears defense would not win that type of game.

Nah, you failed, you failed because you expect Cooper Rush to be Patrick Mahomes.

Silly

Reaction score
Take away those mistakes and MM needs to challenge plays that are obvious mistakes made by refs. It was a first down. Take those mistakes and it’s closer.

At least call a Time Out and take a look in the booth. And going for it around the 30 was not a good call. I'd say really bad coaching. But the offense was never on the field long enough in the first half to get a rhythm going.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

The defense held the Eagles to the 2nd lowest total yards and lowest passing yards of any opponent this season.

The Eagles offense had a short field multiple times. The 85 Bears defense would not win that type of game.

Yes, he failed in a sense but IMO, but only coz he maxed out with the unreasonable expectation put on him. So for me, I don't blame Cooper, he gave me everything he had and if we are being honest, we knew it was only a matter of time. In fact, I would argue he did exactly what you'd expect from your backup, keep the ship running, and win a few games. So yea he failed last night but IMO it wasn't his fault at all.

terra

Reaction score

AND NOTHING about the other failures last night? Coaching by MM; our OC crapped the bed as well. And when it mattered our D could not make a stop and let them run the ball down our throats.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yes, he failed in a sense but IMO, but only coz he maxed out with the unreasonable expectation put on him. So for me, I don't blame Cooper, he gave me everything he had and if we are being honest, we knew it was only a matter of time. In fact, I would argue he did exactly what you'd expect from your backup, keep the ship running, and win a few games. So yea he failed last night but IMO it wasn't his fault at all.
agree but this started 3 weeks ago nearly 3 INTS, 2 called back one dropped, last week we didn't need a QB and 2 very close calls on fumbles and 102 yards passing and this was the end.. its been coming

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
He has done his job solidly during his stretch.

Yes, he was horrific last night. But he’s a backup QB. That’s going to happen. They defense has carried the team over the past five games. His job is to make just enough plays and avoid catastrophic mistakes to give them a chance to win. He’s done that outside of last night.

But there never was a QB controversy brewing. He isn’t a starter. He’s a reliable backup QB.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I don't think I saw anything that put the full blame on Rush. That said, the defense spent far too much time on the field without much of a break in the first half.

The title of this thread is "Cooper Rush Failed" so what more proof is needed? As for the defense, yes the 1st half they spent 18:55 on the field (of that 9:56 was the 1st quarter).

However, prior to that game sealing TD drive by Philly in the 4th quarter with Dallas down 20-17 the Dallas defense spent 3:46 on the field whereas the Dallas offense was on the field for 11:35.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
2 in their zone and the failed 4th down at their 30 was too much to overcome.[/QUOTE]

No question.......tell ya what, he has earned my 100% respect/support. If it was me, I'm offering him a nice multi-year contract with a nice raise. Lock him down for next 3 years.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
4-1 as a starter this season.

He set us up nicely to go on a run and make the playoffs.

Many projected (myself included) we would be 1-5 or 2-4 at this point
Right there with you. I was 1-5, 2-4 with Dakota...so Rush did exactly what he needed to do. Drive the bus and follow the game plan. Pleasantly surprised where this team is at right now.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He has done his job solidly during his stretch.

Yes, he was horrific last night. But he’s a backup QB. That’s going to happen. They defense has carried the team over the past five games. His job is to make just enough plays and avoid catastrophic mistakes to give them a chance to win. He’s done that outside of last night.

But there never was a QB controversy brewing. He isn’t a starter. He’s a reliable backup QB.

Good post....well said

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
agree but this started 3 weeks ago nearly 3 INTS, 2 called back one dropped, last week we didn't need a QB and 2 very close calls on fumbles and 102 yards passing and this was the end.. its been coming

So, zero interceptions, got it.

glimmerman

Reaction score
At least call a Time Out and take a look in the booth. And going for it around the 30 was not a good call. I'd say really bad coaching. But the offense was never on the field long enough in the first half to get a rhythm going.
Agreed. I knew when I saw the spot it was wrong. Almost looked intentional by the ref he saw him reach out before the knee hit the ground. They seriously need someone in the booth looking at these things.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not completely true. He led game-winning drives in two or three of the games.

The truth is always far more complicated than fans want to make it. There are multiple failures in losses and multiple successes in victories. Rush contributed to our victories, which is more than I expected, and he contributed to this loss.
He was the main reason for this loss.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Cooper Rush was surrounded my RB's, WR's that were drafted in the first few rounds, I would look at their play before criticizing the play of a backup QB. Cooper did his job.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The title of this thread is "Cooper Rush Failed" so what more proof is needed? As for the defense, yes the 1st half they spent 18:55 on the field (of that 9:56 was the 1st quarter).

However, prior to that game sealing TD drive by Philly in the 4th quarter with Dallas down 20-17 the Dallas defense spent 3:46 on the field whereas the Dallas offense was on the field for 11:35.
I've never seen xwalker blame any one person for a loss, and I don't think he's doing that here. You can understand that the O-line didn't hold up well enough to give him time on every play, the OC called some mind boggling plays, and that the defense was very good, and still be right when you say the QB failed. He made some big mistakes, and he doesn't throw with much velocity, which makes it more difficult for the receivers. Very good QB play could've won that game, but we didn't see very good QB play, thus he failed.

He's done a good job getting the team this far, but he is what he is, which frankly, was more than most of us expected of him...but there's no denying that he failed in this game.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
He was the main reason for this loss.

So the failure of the defense to stop Philly in the 4th when the game was 20-17 isn't a main reason? What about the poor game planning by Moore? Perhaps McCarthy's stupidity? How about all the penalties?

We know where you are coming from and just remember your post when and if Dak throws 3 INT's in a similar game and people blame Dak for the loss.