CFZ Cooper Rush is a bus driver

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Whilst we will need to "generate more offense", the options will be, a) continue the incremental improvements which we're seeing from Rush, a bus driver who can keep Defenses honest with a ball over the top, or b) hope that Dak can find his form and confidence (to run and find receivers in coverage).
We will (I imagine) gamble on plan B, but what these couple of games have shown is that there's an alternative to Dak and as such he's going to be on a short leash (added pressure) situation... which hasn't, as yet, been condussive to getting the best out of him....he needs to rise to the challenge.

We’re not going to beat good teams with Cooper Rush at QB. We won’t beat good teams with Dak unless he returns to form. We can’t just keep putting it on our defense every week to win games. We have to start generating more offense.

triplets_93

Reaction score
We’re not going to beat good teams with Cooper Rush at QB. We won’t beat good teams with Dak unless he returns to form. We can’t just keep putting it on our defense every week to win games. We have to start generating more offense.

I need to start seeing more successful 12-15 year throws/catches.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There a handful of fans on here that are confused to exactly what a bus driver means and looks like. Cooper Rush is that guy.
A bus driver is what this team needs. Secure with the football, makes smart quick decisions with where he's throwing, keeps the chains moving. Clutch in the 4th. I'll take that all day with this defense.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
that may be true but he was much better this week than last week. Looks like he’s improving and gaining confidence

what if he plays good against skins and we win?

I would start him against Rams to see what he dies against a really good defense

I wouldn’t say he was much better than last week but there was some improvement with fewer passing yards. CeeDee’s drop hurt his numbers. The point is we’re still not generating much offense and it’s our defense that’s winning games. If he plays good against Washington and we win the Cowboys may stay with me even if Dak is ready to play until he lays an egg against a good team. If we go back to Dak when we’re winning games with Rush and it results in a loss the fan base will be livid even if Dak were to play well. I think it’s all going to end for Cooper Rush against the Rams. I can’t see us beating them on the road with him at QB. They have a stout defense, have playmakers on offense and can put up points.

NotForLong

Reaction score
What the Rest of Us See:

52388757753_65bf819b95_w.jpg
:lmao2::lmao::lmao:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
... and that's exactly what this team needs. tl:dr version: with Rush they have found a different way of utilizing their strengths.

Rush is a humble "do your job and go home" guy who knows his place, takes his guys from A to B and has their trust to do so. They couldn't rely on their starter and so had to find different ways of getting it done.

I see the improvement of the o line as a big factor and want to see what Dak can do behind them playing so well. But as of now Rush just steps on the field 100% focused, reads defenses well and seems to have found the mobility to be a real threat downfield. How could he connect with his receivers so fast? How does he put Brown into play so well?

I remembered Tony saying last year during that first 6 game stretch that Dak was in control of his offense. Now that's exactly how I see how it is with Rush now. They aren't putting a huge number of points on the boards. But what do wins with points in the low 20s tell us? They keep a low profile so to speak while utilizing their strengths without letting the opponent expose their weaknesses to much. Rush is in control of the huddle. Being variable is their strength, the Giants just couldn't know, how they're gonna play it.

We aren't an offensive powerhouse anymore, but they probably don't have to be with a defense that good. They have beaten a contender (well, are they now?) and a division rival on fire with their backup QB. And that means one thing: they trust their bus driver. Let's just hope the leagues defensive coordinators won't figure them out too fast. Rams will be the next real test.
Driving quite nicely if I say so myself.
:flagwave::flagwave::flagwave::flagwave:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Aawww you sound a bit upset about us winning. If you are correct, then take your negativity somewhere else until 2023 as whatever we do you'll just moan.

visionary

Reaction score
I wouldn’t say he was much better than last week but there was some improvement with fewer passing yards. CeeDee’s drop hurt his numbers. The point is we’re still not generating much offense and it’s our defense that’s winning games. If he plays good against Washington and we win the Cowboys may stay with me even if Dak is ready to play until he lays an egg against a good team. If we go back to Dak when we’re winning games with Rush and it results in a loss the fan base will be livid even if Dak were to play well. I think it’s all going to end for Cooper Rush against the Rams. I can’t see us beating them on the road with him at QB. They have a stout defense, have playmakers on offense and can put up points.

i agree with you but Stafford can also get frazzled

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
... and that's exactly what this team needs. tl:dr version: with Rush they have found a different way of utilizing their strengths.

Rush is a humble "do your job and go home" guy who knows his place, takes his guys from A to B and has their trust to do so. They couldn't rely on their starter and so had to find different ways of getting it done.

I see the improvement of the o line as a big factor and want to see what Dak can do behind them playing so well. But as of now Rush just steps on the field 100% focused, reads defenses well and seems to have found the mobility to be a real threat downfield. How could he connect with his receivers so fast? How does he put Brown into play so well?

I remembered Tony saying last year during that first 6 game stretch that Dak was in control of his offense. Now that's exactly how I see how it is with Rush now. They aren't putting a huge number of points on the boards. But what do wins with points in the low 20s tell us? They keep a low profile so to speak while utilizing their strengths without letting the opponent expose their weaknesses to much. Rush is in control of the huddle. Being variable is their strength, the Giants just couldn't know, how they're gonna play it.

We aren't an offensive powerhouse anymore, but they probably don't have to be with a defense that good. They have beaten a contender (well, are they now?) and a division rival on fire with their backup QB. And that means one thing: they trust their bus driver. Let's just hope the leagues defensive coordinators won't figure them out too fast. Rams will be the next real test.
The bus driving is not a bad analogy. It's our commitment to the run game that allows us to run play action and take advantage of some 1-on-1 matchups in the secondary....

And this defense is good. The pressure on Jones was outstanding last night.. surprised we didn't get turnovers...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Aawww you sound a bit upset about us winning. If you are correct, then take your negativity somewhere else until 2023 as whatever we do you'll just moan.

You must be a 12 year year old if you believe that. We currently rank 23rd in offense that’s not going to get it done. The winning is going to stop once we get to the Rams and Philly if we don’t start generating more offense.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
i agree with you but Stafford can also get frazzled

True but he also has Cooper Kupp who’s a big play waiting to happen. He gets more YAC yards than anyone. Plus they have Aaron Donald on the other side of the football who can frazzle any QB. I think the Rams game will put an end to the love affair some fans have with Cooper Rush. His shortcomings will become evident in that game. We can’t bank on having our defense hold opponents to one or two TDs a week.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Cooper Rush is up for a new contract. He should be waived after the season. He has tons of flaws...check his scouting report. They will catch up to him and he will become more mediocre.

Why pay a dime more than a rookie contract or NFL min salary for mediocrity. Rush will demand more than league min...and especially if he keeps a hot hand.

If you dont agree with paying market rates for players...you definitely shouldnt believe in paying above league min or rookie contract for mediocre.

Just waive them all until you find your Brady. But never pay above league min/rookie deal.

dckid

Reaction score

Not a Dak guy or Romo guy but was a Aikman guy.
Rush is literally JAG, good backup Qb. Take the win, the offense and team are keeping things simple with Rush.
To me the real difference with the team is the defense and the fact that our rookie LT is playing out of his mind.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
I’ll take the bus driver that throw dimes over the bus driver that throws 4 yards behind the receivers
He threw for 215 yards and a TD. If Dak did this, you all would be calling it a bad game. That tells you who the better player is. I do not care about salaries.

Stats are for losers. Dak has big stats against crummy teams but can’t rarely hit a receiver in stride. His MO is behind, ahead, low or high. And he can’t read a defense and is usually mr. check-down. Cooper can find an open receiver and also hit him in stride. How was your boy when we played Tampa ? QBR stat of 15.3. The rest of us trust what our eyes see.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A couple of them, awful. And the demeanor is silly to be. But that's most WRs.
At first, the smile irritated me, but then I realized that's just his way of shaking it off. I prefer that to letting it get in his head.